Emil confirmed as lead writer for Starfield

NOOOOOOO GODDAMMIT GOD WHYYYY

Fucking fuck, what the fuck. I swear Todd said that they were gonna keep this hack fuck as far away as possible from the writing desk. Like all this time I've operated under the impression that Starfield would have a brand new lead writer because of some statement Todd made about how they recognized Fallout 4 had shitty writing and they were gonna change things up from ground up for Stafield. In reality, I now find myself having to brace myself for another "Keep It Shitty, Stupid" disasterpiece.
Why would Todd do this to us?

Attached: fdgd.png (611x743, 572.19K)

Don't care. Still pre-ordering Starfield.

nice dentures

Todd isn't in control anymore.

This means every quest is going to be a meme to subvert your expectations.

who's this faggot?

The comment section is a load of people calling him out for his Fallout 4 writing. Good, it was genuinely one of the worst I've ever seen, worse than the blandness of 3.

Definite strike against Starfield.

The person responsible for writing Bethesda's titles since F3.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
FUCK
NO NO NOOOOOO
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

anyway, I'm still going to buy it, because it's a Bethesda game :P

nice try, todd. I know that's you typing this.

fallout 4 in space

still pirating it day 1

>Videogame writing

Not exactly War and Peace. Any mook can write a game plot.

A space chest at the end of the space asteroid dungeon, which contains a space item that is required by the leader of the space station for some reason. But he's also a robot, beep boop.

Hire me Bethesda.

He's really not that bad at all
I'm glad to see a familiar face working on it, instead of Sam Maggs

Will Shen is still the Lead Quest Designer, he was the lead director/writer on Fallout 4's Far Harbor DLC
who knows though, not holding my breath

Attached: 00.png (1521x827, 897.57K)

>A guy that has the 'Kiss' rule as a leitmotiv.
>Bethesda, at the same time, told us that Starfield is gonna be a "hardcore RPG".

Top KEK.

Attached: 1634757860932.jpg (683x6980, 2.02M)

God I hope the entire game is just the Life of the Party mission from Thief 2 stitched to itself thousands of times.

>I swear Todd said..

Attached: 1573515934695.png (588x393, 308.7K)

Your fault for even caring about bethesda shovelware in the first place

Attached: 1469206599535.jpg (236x187, 8.16K)

Do people honestly play video games for the story anymore though?
Like be real, it's either exposition VN dumps, predictable as fuck or some "subversion" faggotry or all of the above.

Attached: anime-confusion-what.gif (426x498, 388.65K)

You didn't already see the red flags with the faction stuff they announced?

The Dark Brotherhood in Oblivion is considered the gold standard for quest lines in TES if not video games writ large.

The Imp v Stormcloak has had more digital ink used on it than any other questline in video game history.

Both of these were done by Emil. Now that you know the bar for entry who is better than Emil at writing for video games? There isn't even anyone close to being as accomplished as Emil never mind better.

>Imp vs Stormcloak
>good
It's time to go back

He didn't say good, retard.

>can't even follow the text in a post
>thinks they can't talk about writing in games
Fucking idiot

Because Todd Howard is a people-pleaser. He isn't capable of saying 'no' to Emil, to have sixteen times the pronouns in Starfield, to the incompetence not being able to programing the ability to climb ladders,...

All 'just works' for him. He'll never be based.

You're the same faggot who unironically used the phrase "insists on itself" in the last thread aren't you

This could've gone much, much worse.

>Im being attacked and haunted by a single user help!!!

>The Imp v Stormcloak has had more digital ink used on it than any other questline in video game history.
What does this mean?

>two ips
>you

based

Attached: 1645646330018.png (251x311, 63.75K)

Im trying to figure that one out myself.

I kept telling you guys that starfield would be garbage that isn't talked about within a week

Wow, how extremely bold of you. What incredible insight. I can't believe it.

>He was the lead writer on far harbor
The dlc everyone pretends is good so they can pretend they cost their money's worth?

Why did they pick this guy anyway?
Everyone hates F4s story, even people who like the game.

So... Elden Ring is the GOTY of this year.

Well done Todd, good luck next time.

Lead writer for Fallout 3 and Skyrim
I honestly didn't think Fallout 4 had a worse story than 3, and everyone loves 3

Bethesda knows they don't have to change shit because Reddit and normies will buy all their games and forget about whatever shitty things the company did before

>What incredible insight
It is when you faggots keep hyping it up as if it will be perfect.

It means that people have spent countless hours debating imperials vs stormcloaks to this day. Even if it wasn’t well written, it provided a good discussion stage for themes of nationalism, unity, etc

>and everyone loves 3

Attached: 1523243295117.jpg (680x675, 71.12K)

Oh okay. That's fair. I like that wording.
Good job, user. You're a better writer than Emil. That isn't a high bar but I mean it as a compliment.

Attached: Screenshot (70).png (1139x734, 124.68K)

this. you guys are too hard on bethesda while other AAA games completely fell off in terms of story.

Be prepared to a script plenty of 'deus ex machina' and pronouns.

Fallout 4 was much worse than 3 because 4 tried to grapple with intellectual topics (what does it mean to be human in the context of synthetic beings) whereas 3 was about Liam Neeson and free water. Shitty writing is more excusable if it’s for a more banal subject

Why do people still pay attention to Bethesda titles? Were Fallout 3 and 4 not evidence enough that they are incapable of writing, incapable of making good fps or rpg gameplay, and generally only capable of making a shallow template for modders to maybe turn into a serviceable game after a few years?

The games you want Bethesda to make don't sell.

Thx user I’ll let Todd know

No.

Attached: 1624909754426.jpg (1200x1488, 288.95K)

Could be way worse. Those actually look like his teeth a bit

Attached: D9dD10cXYAELc__.png (565x681, 552.33K)

he's 100% right about creating your own story in their games.

and yet this guy can't, it's fucking embarrassing for the entire company to have him associated with them.

He also wrote Skyrim didn’t he? It’ll be fine

>Why do people still pay attention to Bethesda titles?
to make retards like you seethe as you replay New Vegas for the thousandth time

Is this the fridge ghoul guy?

>dark brotherhood in oblivion
Catholics...but actually evil...bravo emil

People arguing about it online

He is technically correct, but also kind of retarded.

You don't have to write a completely disconnected story. Give player a reason to give a shit about the world beyond the basic stuff of killing enemies to level up to be able to kill enemies more efficiently and exploring to find bigger guns. Don't just throw a linear sappy story about finding a missing dad/son/brother/lover, put more effort in fleshing out the various settlements so when a player approaches the world you've build with a critical eye it doesn't fall apart immediately.

no. it was one of the designers, Bethesda have this policy where anyone can write his own side quest, the main ones are handled by a different guy.
emil is writing the lore for starfield i don't think he has a full control on the main quest.

take your meds, the writing in skyrim was horrendous

>I've operated under the impression that Starfield would have a brand new lead writer because of some statement Todd made

Attached: 1649167381082.jpg (385x390, 29.96K)

WHEN YOU REDDIT THE NEW Yea Forums BECAUSE KINO 20 DESTINY IN GRIM CHAOS IN DC MOST BOMBED CITY IN EUROPE DURING GREAT ALIEN WAR AND YOU FATHER GETS FAWKS OUT OF RIVET CITY FOODS

Who is better? You have Emils resume. Who has topped The Dark Brotherhood from Oblivion.
There is nobody better at writing for video games.

OK, as long as it isn't the fridge ghoul guy who suffers from intellectual sloth, I'm fine with it.

>The Dark Brotherhood in Oblivion is considered the gold standard for quest lines
by fucking WHO?
that questline was dogshit that's only memorable because of how 'shocking' and 'subversive' it was to kill off some of the most interesting characters in the game. that's all Emil's capable of, retarded 'muh subversion' writing that pisses away any chance at really great storytelling.

sales figures doesn't mean it had a good story.
Even people who like Fallout 3 often find the story shit
It sold well for being more or less the first of its kind and for being a decent open world fuck around game