Uncomfortable Elden Ring thread

Is the game too hard this time around?

Fake out animations, input reading, zero poise. Even regular mobs rape you in endgame zones.

Attached: 371728C7-6AE9-428E-8F85-17A7BCEC5FB4.jpg (1920x1080, 169.79K)

kill yourself phonetoddler

Not if you get good

Not hard because everything is cheeseable or you can just overpower the mobs/bosses with broken builds and/or overleveling.

How do I get armor that isn't a thin sheet of foil and that can actually reduce damage?
Seems like Endurance is the most worthless start because of it, why can't these hacks let armor be good?

Every item that reduces damage negation as a drawback, does it in the 10 to 15% range, while your armor buffing ones, increase it by 8% at most.
Also a full set of heavy armor, like the banished knight set, only adds at most 34% resist, which is absurdly low for how much you need to give up to get there.

This game was made by hacks

>too hard

its a video game. shut up.

My critique is that it's too samey

I also feel like damage reduction on armor is fairly worthless.

The difference between heavy armor (you need to invest 10-20 stamina levels to wear) and normal armor is like 5% damage reduction

This game seems to be filled with more horseshit than a RE game.

>Even regular mobs rape you in endgame zones

Only if you're a retard with low vigor and defence.
I swear this game has brought in more retards than any Souls game.

Attached: 1245620_20220405215647_1.png (1225x834, 1.13M)

golden vow, boiled prawn/crab, black flame protection
agree that medium armor and everything below it is basically garbage in terms of poise/protection

heavy armor gets good when you reach lionel/bullgoat/veterans, very easy to reach 70% physical reduction when combined with shield talismans and the aforementioned buffs
damage in elden ring is insanely overtuned though, can't argue that. played to NG+7 in every souls title before this and it feels like elden ring just starts you out at that point in comparison

playing bloodborne after ER was like a fever dream, enemies doing modest 10-20% blips of your starting health bar instead of outright flooring you with basic attacks. even orphan only did about 30% with his biggest hit

>too samey

its a video game

Armor basically does nothing

never played any souls game before and i think the game is very fair all in all

>haha i posted a dishonest character sheet with unmentioned buffs active again
very cool billy

Git gud

defense talisman and crab - that's it you dumb fuck

>dishonest

holy fuck you people are retarded

those are just extremely unfun mechanics that also happen to make the game more difficult. can't believe i've become an artificial difficulty fag after all these games but elden ring really isn't fun at all to me. the shitty open world doesn't help

I like how you faggots are now resorting to calling your threads shit like "uncomfortable" when you know that every thread about this game is uncomfortable.

being rude is cringe

Comfy thread = dishonest hugbox, everyone discusses his achievements and pretends he did git gud
Uncomfy thread = the desperation of shitters becomes apparent as they admit they can’t get past Margit and get one shot by lobsters

Guys I think I beat the game but I'm not sure

bEinG rUDe iS cRinGE

I stopped caring about input reading after Margit. It doesn't matter.
Fake outs also don't matter since the problem is that you are unable to react, not that you reacted TOO QUICKLY. You wrongly reacted to the wrong thing. Poise also worked on my machine.
I do agree damage is all over the place, but I rarely ever used buffs.

honestly didn't expect the lobsters to have railguns, caught me off guard when i found them the first time

Considering I've seen Yea Forums endlessly complain about pic related, no, it is not. I was expecting something on the level of Biggie Smalls, instead I got the same enemies that I fought at least two times each with no new abilities, plenty of room and walls to kite around and, the most important part, you don't even have to kill them at the same time, just have to deplete their shared healthbar.

Attached: 20220403175542_1.jpg (2560x1440, 687.96K)

>you must dedicate half of your levels to vigor to stand a chance

Attached: 1649165639187.jpg (693x663, 134.75K)

PvP disproves everyone who says "if you used X you didn't beat the game". I don't play PvP because I know I suck. But I still want to play through the quests, so I had to go invade for Varre. The people I invaded were parrying their own wraiths to charge Carian Retaliation. That spell deals 5 times more damage than it should and shouldn't be self-chargeable. If you do not use every unfair advantage, you deserve to lose. Which is why I lost. I invaded players who are exploiting an unintended feature, without exploiting unintended features myself, so I deserved to lose.

Attached: caringe_retaliation_sorcery_elden_ring_wiki_guide_200px.png (200x200, 13.85K)

>If you do not use every unfair advantage, you deserve to lose
I lose even with the advantages, which is why I don't pvp at all and use everything possible to make the bosses easier with exactly zero shame

>60 vigor
>half of your levels

I'll add to the reacting thing too. I think there are way too many moves that are not even about reaction. Stuff like ansel's laser or many Malenia's attacks. You kinda have to guess at first or get hit at least once to know when to roll, and then learn where to roll if you can even roll away from it in the first place. That's why I think fakeouts don't matter. You have to react at the last possible millisecond, so the fakeouts even are beneficial.

if you level 1 vigor for every 1 of other stat that you use on the way towards reaching 60 vigor, you have LITERALLY dedicated half of your level ups to vigor up to that point, and by then you'd be around level 90~ aka 50~% of the game

>he goes past level 120
You didn't beat it.

Its only hard if you play str build that isn't jump attack abusing faggotry
if you are dex or int, you have no excuse

So it's not half your levels since you are 50% into the game. You'd rather put those points in dex or str to do 5% more damage on your +5 weapon instead

I'm playing with 0 spells as Julius Belmont with Hoslow's Keen Petal Whip, with bloodhound step on it to fit Omnia Vanitas, using throwing daggers and pots, and not wearing any headgear because Julius doesn't.

It's pretty fun, whip is way better than I would have thought. Hoslow's being blunt damage and inflicting bleed, on top of higher base damage is pretty ridiculous though, it's just plain better than any other whip.

I don't play dark souls because I want a challenge so every single game has been "too hard". What's different about elden ring is that the difficulty is frustrating.

>and not wearing any headgear
there's a headband in the game, you can wear that

Are the frenzy spells any good?

frenzy burst is ungodly bullshit in pvp since it still causes immense madness buildup even if your opponent dodges due to bad netcode

Varre's quest only flags the use of a finger, the game doesn't care about anything else, you can get disconnected every single time and you will still be able to complete his quest.
They're all pretty good really, though Shabriri's Howl is useless in PvE.

it's not too hard, but it sure as shit isn't fun to play either

Short answer: Yes.
Longer answer: Depends. You can't inflict madness in pve (except on other tarnished, so mostly just npc invaders) but some of them are still useful for the damage. Flames of Frenzy is a good aoe for early game that costs very little fp. Frenzied Burst is a super long range nuke that stays good all the way through. The other spells are kind of useless for pve.
In pvp you can inflict madness so they're all better, Howl of Shabriri can really wreck some ganks. But Frenzied burst is king here too.

filtered

No can do, I'm not Richter. The closest I could do is Dialos's Mask, if it only had the scarf but no mask.

Attached: julius.jpg (590x766, 116.48K)

>weapon to slay a god

post your god slaying weapon
here's mine

Attached: 20220405160327_1.jpg (1920x1080, 317.8K)

You already posted it, good taste

moonveil
706dmg one-handed
why would you use anything else

>can frame perfect parry you despite being staggered after you've started your quick R1 attack

Attached: 2022-04-05 16-05-11.webm (1280x720, 2.76M)

Hoslow's whip has much higher requirements than the Thorned whip for not so much advantage in terms of AR and scaling, Thorned is actually the better choice overall for bleed unless you really like how Hoslow's looks.
It's hard to say which whip is the best because this time around they're all pretty gimmicky outside of the base leather whip.

Candlestick has a really annoying WA that is also fairly powerful against big bosses, especially ulcerated trees, probably the best PvP whip.
Giant's is basically Candlestick but with a more general AoE WA, not as good imo so I'd put it below Candlestick.
Hoslow and Thorned were discussed above.
Urumi uses a slashing modifier so it's in a tier of its own, the charged R2 also has spear like range, it's surprisingly useful against lots of things and has a godlike S scaling in DEX on Keen.
I wouldn't say Hoslow is better than the rest really, though leather and giant's whip are probably the least useful whips so far, hope the DLC adds more and also adds more fucking ashes of war for whips goddamnit

Attached: 1619929757530.webm (540x360, 830.81K)

being rude is cringe

95% of all enemies in the game drop crafting materials and runes and that's it

>too samey

its a video game. shut up.

My critique is that it isn't fun.

You know your game's a good magnet for autists when you have threads full of people praising shit like consumable items.
>"Oh wow, an enemy dropped a prawn! 10/10!!!"
actual state of this board

Eh, 16 dex vs 20 dex isn't much when it's a dex-focused weapon. You can also get Hoslow's incredibly early, as soon as you unlock the round table you can go to the outskirts of Liurnia and kill Diallos, while Thorned is only in an endgame area. Plus strike damage is just universally the best, the most enemies are weak to it and the few that might resist it tend to be the ones that can bleed. It also does more stamina damage per hit than thorned whip, so you break guards or poise easier.

Candlestick's WA takes too long to use for how immobile you are and how bad-yet-demanding the split damage is. And just in general, if you're not causing bleed while another is doing similar damage but also bleeding people, there's just no reason not to use the bleed version of the weapon.

Don't know why you can't do at least wild strikes with whips, like you can flails. I wanted something like that or the flail spin, just to be like whip brandishing in Castlevania.

i cant do it bros, i cant beat melenia with my autistic rules. i think ive given up
>10 vig, no defensive items ,equipment or consumables. no armor, no w art or summons, only offensive tool is a brick hammer
>spent a day trying to figure out what triggers flurry
>figure out i can bait it if i am at range with any sort of projectile
>if she does it while close i can roll it maybe 20% of the time by running around her then rolling(cant seem to get the spacing/timing consistent)
>every other mechanic i can consistently avoid or roll and punish
>even if playing the whole fight at range she can just bust out a flurry when i go to do a single r1
i really just cant be fucked anymore, you pretty much have to be already be sprinting if shes going to do a flurry while youre close. even the dual crucible dungeon/godskin duo was more enjoyable with my autistic rules

Attached: 1599840753935.png (1022x731, 642.76K)

Only time I think the game gets a little too hard is the Mohg level, them fucking dogs and birds

How do you get a weapon up to 700 dmg. My moon will is at 150-ish. It can’t just be upping stats.

Also, I have a basic staff and equip a basic spell, but all my guy does is scratch his head. Half this game is retarded.

Is this the best loadout for a full mage build? I'm not sure if that casting speed talisman is worth it.

Attached: tali.jpg (824x206, 23.79K)

um, how did the parry do so little damage? I got 1 shot when he parried me.

Simon technically uses flails in some of his early illustrations and concept art, you can argue that in the early games the vampire killer was in fact a flail more than a whip, so you can use the basic flail, but still.
Radagon's icon is pure placebo, slap Godfrey's icon in there so your charged spells do a lot more damage.

I was saved that time by the bubble tear, it's like a damage shield that makes you pretty much immortal for one hit.

you are retarded and clearly not good enough to beat her with 10vig
she is completely doable with no summons and without cheesy weapons if you allow yourself to get hit more than once and are like lvl 120-130
not everyone can be a no-hit autist allow yourself to have fun

Hey actually I didn't like this ga-
>"git gud"
>"filtered lol"
>"seethe, fanboy"
>"cope"
>"you suck at the game"
>"this game is a masterpiece"
>"10/10 game"
>"kill yourself"
>"zanzibart... forgive me..."
it's the fanbase that sucks the most

SL1 autistic malenia runners probably have 1000 attempts before 1 single win. That's going to be you x10 because you are nowhere near as good as them.