Every fucking server is filled to the brim with bots

>every fucking server is filled to the brim with bots
when the ever living fuck is this shit getting fixed? i just want to play the fucking game without navigating the minefield that is the community server browser where half the servers have some gay ruleset like "no crits" or its playing some dogshit wacky non-tf2 map

Attached: tf2.jpg (600x900, 164.34K)

Been playing on those "gay" community servers the past year and been having a blast every day. When you whine about servers not having random crits, you sound like the jaded arena FPS boomers who don't play Quake Champions because "it's not even Quake because [random nitpick that barely affects core gameplay]!!!". So keep seething about Uncle Dane, compniggers, trannies, nocrits, class limits, and Tyler McVicker in every TF2 thread while I continue to enjoy the core gameplay loop of TF2 in populated, bot-free servers any time of day I want.

Attached: 1642972604153.jpg (360x503, 43.56K)

Another reason to not support Scammin' Valve.

Valve screwed over the Artifact fanbase by cancelling the Artifact 2.0 beta without even allowing users to invite friends like they said they would in January 2021 and does not deserve your financial support for these gross consumer-unfriendly practices.

Based

Go shill your private servers elsewhere

as much as I really hate community servers because I like the randomness of casual where there's new players and old players some community servers are fun, but it takes a while to find one that doesn't have rulesets. Unironically a furry server has been my go to recently just because it's populated, has no plugins, and while everyone plays like an asshole it at least has people playing the actual game

Attached: depressed yeen.png (640x640, 786.64K)

lol
lmao

Attached: 4chan plays tf2.png (880x1000, 232.21K)

Yes because complaining about something means you are both anti semetic and a bigot

For real. I mean, i know we would all rather have the old bot-free matchmaking back, but the fact is that the game has been in this state for actual years now, sowing no real signs of improvement. Might as well roll with the punches and find other ways to properly play the game.

Attached: EVeY5KZU8AAOVlm.jpg (386x402, 27.3K)

I prefer random crits for sure, but if it's such a dealbreaker that you that you refuse to play on servers with them, then that's just stupid. TF2 at 95% its original state is still TF2. Now, if the servers were 6 vs 6 instead of 12 vs 12, then that'd be a problem because that heavily affects the balancing.

6 vs 6 isn't even fun. When people complain that Heavy is "underpowered", they're retarded and looking at the game through a 6 vs 6 mindset. Heavy is still incredibly strong in 12 vs 12 pubs, as he should be. Same with Spy, same with Engineer. In fact, Engineer's usefulness scales up the more players there are in a server (more teleports, more dispenser healing).

Heavy update is apparently dropping in July.

>ut 1999
>snipers only
>low grav instagib
>wacky custom maps
>relic arena
>fat boy mode
>grappling hooks

>tf2 the current year
>nooooo it needs to play exactly as gaben intended it I can't do anything else
Somewhere along the line you motherfuckers forgot that games are about having fun.

This game is 15 years old just let it go already holy shit.

Lemme guess, you're from >>/trash/ right?

Solution: Stop being a NEET. It's either 2pm in europe or night time in america. No shit no real people are playing.
I play casual in the evening and only get bot-ridden servers maybe 5% of the time. Other times they just get insta-kicked.

Attached: 1645386348628.jpg (1280x720, 111.28K)

At this point, it's more about virtue signaling because there's a very clear dichotomy. On one side you have the "fun, casual, based" side, and on the other you have the "compfag, tranny, Reddit" side. Any perceived slight against the "based" side must be fought tooth and nail in the culture war over the soul of TF2. Actually playing the game doesn't matter anymore, it's about what the game represents in the zeitgeist of things.

nocrit being a dealbreaker is pretty pathetic no cap

Attached: 1641448381423.jpg (1242x1286, 887.69K)

>ut 1999
>snipers only
>low grav instagib
>wacky custom maps
>relic arena
>fat boy mode
>grappling hooks
Unironically that ruined UT99, the lack of vanilla servers

12vs12 is garbage fuck that.

Trannies run Uncletopia.

yeah holy shit no that board is one of the worst things I have ever seen.
>multiple fat and shit threads at the top of the catalog
I just like playing the game with friends I don't care what the welcome icon for the server is as long as it plays the way I want it to.

Attached: drunk driving cat.jpg (479x359, 31.26K)

Heavy is actually stronger with less players, since it means there's less enemies to focus him down. The main reason why he's awful in 6v6 is that 6s players mostly run 5cp maps that are too large to run heavy full time.

fpbp

And people are still playing it to this day. While games that force players to play the intended way and through matchmaking are fucking dead.

Even in 12v12 heavy gets pooped on by the likes of snipers and the two explosive classes because his weaknesses never truly go away. The biggest change is that heavy can actually hang out with teammates and in turn they protect one another

Heavy is weak no matter the game mode user once you're competent.
Why the fuck would I play Heavy when demoman exist ?

I don't play QC because quake games don't use matchmaking.

>Exit spawn
>Instantly bodyshot by 5 different fuck nemobots at the same time who somehow shot me through 3 layers of walls
>Their team can't ban them faster than they're added
>Start joining my team too
>Game devolves into medic pocketing people with vac or everyone just leaving
>Half the servers, official valve servers, for the slower paced game modes, are just bots
>Literally just bots fighting bots

>While games that force players to play the intended way and through matchmaking are fucking dead.
now that's what i call cope

I actually haven't seen bots destroy an entire server in a while. They're still around, but they rarely outnumber actual players

user's a retard playing when everyone's at work or sleeping.

How is it garbage? Technically, I think the game was designed around being 8 vs 8, but certainly not 6 vs 6 or Highlander. The freedom to have multiples of one class is the only way a system of 9 classes can balance itself out without alienating half of them. You need someone to be Engineer for Spy to be useful. You need someone to be Heavy for Sniper to be useful. You need someone to be Soldier for Pyro and Scout to be useful. Not to mention, all the interesting weapons that were useful on 12 vs 12, but not on 6 vs 6, were rebalanced, and then as a result, 6s players still didn't use the newly balanced weapons, but they were nerfed to shit on 12 vs 12. You can have a weapon like the Caber be stupidly powerful in one hit on Casual, because guess what, if one Medic dies to it, it's not that big of a deal relatively speaking to one Medic dying in 6s. That doesn't make the Caber overpowered, it just means that it's balanced around pubs.

12 vs 12 is real TF2. 6s players don't even play all of the gamemodes because shit like Payload is boring as fuck when there's only 6 players. Maps are way too big. They work great on pubs, though.

Attached: 1632946852076.png (1680x1050, 1.53M)

That's fair at least, QC needs community servers badly.

Attached: 1636484268563.jpg (705x324, 68.18K)

just play overwatch, tf2 is gone valve doesnt care, stop wasting your time with this game

quake champions is fucking terrible though.

>You need someone to be Engineer for Spy to be useful. You need someone to be Heavy for Sniper to be useful. You need someone to be Soldier for Pyro and Scout to be useful.
None of these are true and if anything I'd say that a Soldier that can aim is a direct counter to Scout. But I will say that the more chaos going on in the map, the more useful the flank/support classes generally become

>Decide to give tf2c a go
>Only one populated server
>No bots
>No ugly hats
>People are just playing the game and being based in chat
>Sometimes someone decides to micspam songs that you can usually find in pre-2010's youtube vids about TF2, whcih makes me feel very nostalgic
>Lost of fun is had
Wish this mod had a bigger player count

Attached: 1517225954184.gif (374x254, 1.75M)

>gay ruleset like "no crits"
I assume you mean no RANDOM crits. The fact that you think that's a bad rule means you tolerate losing fights for no reason or like winning fights for no reason.

fellas how do I get my sound mods get to work ? I've out the files I'm custom folder and then tried to use a so folder then I set sv_pure to 0

Tell that to WoW trannies.

Most servers run the default settings used in casual for sv_pure. So only sound mods you can use are hitsounds.
Basically get fucked because no fun allowed.

There's more enemies to mow him down in 12v12, but there's also more enemies for Heavy to mow down too, and like says, heavy can actually hang out with teammates and in turn they protect one another. Heavy thrives at being a sponge with continuous damage output. Demoman and Soldier have to reload often, and it's a slow reload. Heavy can just mow down guy after guy with the highest possible DPS in the game.

I will say, the biggest factor to Heavy's success is having a good team around him. I have 3000 hours in Soldier, and I'd rather face off against another Soldier or Demoman on a good team than a Heavy on a good team. Heavy just has that damage potential and stopping power that can't be matched when he's got equally dangerous combat classes around him and a good Medic up his ass.

I get shit on by Scouts with good movement all the time as Soldier. Even if I can land a direct mid-air rocket, he's gonna get that fatal 3rd shot on me and run off to heal with 13 hp. I wish Medics understood how dangerous a good Scout becomes when you overheal him to 185 before he flanks.

Attached: 1632952391703.jpg (1440x900, 103.93K)

Random crits and random bullets are there for a reason. This isn't a serious competitive game, it's a funny hat game where you get BTFO'd once per game and game moves on. Even better because sometimes you have some dumbass get really mad about it.
It's the same logic as no-items in Smash or Mario Party.

>Noooo, you MUST come play on my faggy community servers where I retain the option to easily call on my tranny brigade through discord to come assist my unskilled ass by stacking my team, or dragging yours down because you play or say things that don’t tickle my fancy

Nah. I’ll take my chances with the 3/10 botless MM games thank you very much. Have fun in your "thriving" communities on life support begging for shitters to come join lel

Attached: 1624653746565.jpg (493x639, 94.63K)

I don't play QC because there are literally no servers below 120+ ping since I live in Hawaii and that's not a playable ping for Quake in my opinion

>It's the same logic as no-items in Smash or Mario Party
Not a good comparison because skill is not really a factor in Mario Party regardless of ruleset, whereas TF2 has a very high skill ceiling. A better analogy would have been to Smash Bros without items.

Besides, the absence of random crits is not really noticeable unless you're fishing for one. The game is balanced around how much damage you do without crits. The game is wacky enough without random crits due to funny ragdolls, voice lines, and cosmetics.

It's more populated on weekends. At peak hours both NA servers are usually full.

I play TF2 to play the video game, not to convince leftoids that there's only 2 genders.

I main Scout and Soldier is probably the class I lose to the most, which comes down to me having to land usually 3-4 shots while Soldiers generally only have to land 1. 13 HP is a ridiculously tiny buffer. If anything this reinforces the kind of turtle Scout play style I've adopted where I heal as soon as I take any damage at all, no matter how small. I know I need every single point I can get

Leftoids can't play for shit, ergo I don't want to play with them.

I just wanna go on a server where someone calls me a nigger, i kill them, laugh taunt, then we can have a good laugh about it y'know?

>he game is balanced around how much damage you do without crits
No it isn't
The vast majority of melee weapons require random crits to be even remotely viable in terms of damage

>half the servers have some gay ruleset like "no crits" or its playing some dogshit wacky non-tf2 map
You realize you can blacklist terms like no crit, right? And you only ever have to navigate the server list once or twice, once you find a good server you add it to your favourites and you're set. God I swear zoomers are so fucking helpless.

>j-just play this community server with 2 furfags and a retard spouting off about trans rights
I'll pass, you stay coping

I would just want random crits and no random spread and id be happy

don't forget that most of community servers play the same maps

>find a community server
>mostly stock maps, or good workshop maps (real ones, not wacky garbage)
>sometimes do fun gamemodes like tf2 party to break things up, but never too much to become annoying
>has revert plugin carefully tuned to get the good shit back, like the caber and sandman
>no other gay plugins
>no rtd
>stock tf2 rules, crits on, no gay class limits, sprays enabled
>staff is based, can say nigger, can call the admin a nigger
>fills up pretty much every single night
>start playing exclusively on that server
>laugh at casual babbies still stuck kicking bots every five minutes, or redditopia stockholm syndrome fags who get banned for saying tranny
Life is good

Attached: 1648922899672.jpg (405x452, 16.6K)

With no random spread, Scout's damage is way higher than normal.

You mean scout's damage is actually average. Random spread works in both directions, I'm not particularly a fan of getting hit with a 60 damage shot from mid-long range because all his bullets decided to go into me.

>gamers all around the world are playing as heavy to show their support to russia denazification of Urkin

Which is balanced by damage falloff.

Eh, true but i like things to be a bit for difficult Plus if scouts are getting annoying id just go mini in flanks

Best advice I could give is to bait our rockets, use your movement to dodge them, and then close in and finish us off. In general, only attack when you know a Soldier has used up his rockets. When I miss all of my rockets on a good Scout and start instinctively backing up, I know that's when he's gonna get aggressive and fuck my world up. It happens every time. I might get one more reloaded rocket to hit you for some splash, but I know I'm as good as dead at that point. Same principle as attacking a Heavy when they un-rev. You gotta pick your battles.

Attached: 1642890924798.png (1024x768, 502.32K)

Yes, so is no random spread scout.

the best advice i can probably give you for like 80% regular soldiers is that most cant hit directs for shit, so literally use hight advantage to your advantage and dont double jump too frequently

Melee weapons are a meme and a last resort. they are not to be worth considering since everyone has fucking guns.
Be glad they do a shitton of damage compared to the likes of the crowbar of yesteryear

post the server ip

>greentext about le ebin based server fit for gods
>doesn't mention what it's called

Attached: 1631457011083.jpg (248x252, 11.24K)

Scout is already way too weak on high pop servers, he's one of the best classes on like 6s but he's mid-tier at best in 9s and barely relevant in a 12v12 or higher. I don't think buffing him is really an issue.

lmao, I knew it was bullshit when he wrote "can call the admin a nigger".

>talks about how awesome the server is
>doesn't post the server ip
based gatekeeper chad don't let these faggots ruin your server

Attached: laugh.png (800x800, 763.36K)

Lmao I'm not inviting Yea Forums
The thing is you can probably find it if you cared. Hint: it's not the /tf2g/ server

Attached: 1647192555008.jpg (500x375, 86.93K)

Crits for the chaoschads, no crits for the complets

Wow, but you'll waste 5 minutes writing about what a heckin based and redpilled utopia it is where every gets to spam nigger all the want! (do I fit in guys, I'm totally not a tranny see! I can say the nigger word! am i cool yet?)

Besides, knowing 4chungus trannies I wouldn't even think of exposing my rosy vulnerable Winjeet7 system ports' cheeks to any of their bonafide registered sex offender servers. With source out that's an even bigger no-no.