Whyd they put it in the game if im not allowed to use it

whyd they put it in the game if im not allowed to use it

Attached: elden-ring-mimic-tear.jpg (1920x1080, 84.3K)

You are and you should if it’s fun. Anybody that tells you otherwise is a huge faggot.

Why did God put the apple on the tree if Eve wasn't supposed to eat it?

So Miyazaki isn't real? woah...

I actually tried using it for the twin gargoyles, but the mimik got stomped in a few hits.
I had more success with my skeleton bros that get resurrected all the time

It's for journalist and retards to beat the game. It's a press x to win button of souls, sure you can use it but whats the point of even playing the game then?

It's the easy mode everyone was crying out for.

pre patched game, summon mimic tear, mimic draws agro, get a few hits on boss, boss turns around and wails on me with 20 hit combo ending with an aoe, breaks my poise knocks me on the ground then smashes me before i get up

hurr durr easy mode amirite?

it does make bosses a bit more manageable for sure but it's not super easy mode like people make out and that is before the nerfed it

>not allowed?
I don't understand how zoomers talk. What is the inside of your mind like if you not having hp is you not being allowed to use mimic?

they lobotomized it anyway in a patch, it is more inline with the other best summons now instead of being by a wide margin the best.

it used to be really broken with fairly decent AI so it would do a good job healing itself, blocking, and dodging as needed and would spam skills and spells with unlimited FP.

not it is kinda dumb, doesn't use skills/spells or try and heal remotely as often now.

mimic is based on your character, if the mimic wasn't good your build wasn't good, if you wanted it to tank you needed to be a fairly tanky character yourself, otherwise your better off with Black Knife Tiche

you ignored my post

You can use it, but you won't be beating the game.

Same reason god gave you a dick.

Did you upgrade it to +10? Are you equipping yourself with broken equipment before summoning your clone?

Why wouldn't you be allowed to use it?

I definitely feel like elden ring buffed the difficulty and aggression of some bosses almost purely out of the knowledge that people could and would use spirit ashes. You're deliberately crippling yourself by not using them.

summons ARE easy mode because the whole idea is to survive the onslaught the bosses are throwing at you. summons, be them mimic or anything else, take the fire from you and give you free heals or possibility to spam magic.

The difference between a fight with any summons and without them is game-changing for most bosses.

It's okay to win with them, but for the whole experience, you should try them without summons.

>t. yaldabaoth

Has anyone made a decent spirit tierlist yet? All the ones I've seen are either complete shit, missing spirtits and/or outdated

Because it makes for a good conservative story about how restraining oneself from enjoyment is in itself virtuous.

Attached: 1542653257312.gif (200x200, 1.12M)

The ones with names are good all others suck.

Attached: baby mode.png (365x748, 293.96K)

GOTTEM

Honestly just use whatever you want and if it feels like cheating, you can play through the game again without using it.

it's kind of annoying that a lot of the endgame optional (and some main) bosses are obviously balanced around you using summons
summons make the fight much easier but they don't make the thing you're fighting against fun to fight
dogshit system that I wish never made it into the game

Attached: 1640696273024m.jpg (1024x677, 57.95K)

>one boss
I will fight you without summons.
>two or more bosses
I won't even attack or roll without hearing the bells.

Attached: images (3).jpg (281x581, 18.4K)

Holy mother of Kek

Attached: 03d.jpg (200x356, 16.21K)

What? You can fight them all solo.

Pre patch mimic used to spawn with 1 health flask and would use it, effectively giving him 30% more hp. Now he doesn’t get a flask. BUT you can give him raw meet dumplings which heal him for like 50% and mimic is immune to side effect of poisoning you. He’ll use them if he goes below half health. Makes him basically indestructible.

AI varies a lot. My mimic spammed that one Miricle that gives you stupid holy resistance during final boss. Elden Beasts attacks barely tickled us. But other times it spams Flame Cleanse Me even though mimic is immune to Rot anyway.

The only people that care are complete losers. Ignore them like the worthless trash they are.

you could have edited your loadout to get the mimic to do what you wanted pre-patch quite easily, didn't like them using the flame cleanse me? take it off your bar.

one thing you can do still that is neat is you can put on Shabriri's Woe, summon mimic, replace yours and start the fight. boss will almost always stick to the mimic.

Reminder that Radhan is black.

Because jewish folklore is not a good source of stories that make sense.
If you want particular answer, it's because jewish tribal god Yahweh who set that scheme up is basically a projection of narcissism in jewish personality and gets off to fucking with humans.

is that why he was infected with crotch rot?

You might think holding shield or pressing dodge for 5 minutes before you get an opening is fun and skilled gameplay

But it's not. I use the tear and end the boss' career

I don't think anything, stop doing this.

I beat every boss in the game without summons using claymore so now that I have that done with I want to experiment with the summons. Does mimic copy talismans as well? If you equips Shabriri talisman and make a mimic and then take it off will the mimic hold aggro the whole time?

mimic will copy your whole loadout, your at the mercy of the AI but it copies it.

They should've put a time limit on all summons.

Maybe a minute or so.

as I said, it's OK to win with them to finish the game, but for a real butt-clenching experience and feeling, try without.

you have all the other games to "end careers" in easy mode

Learning the boss' move set is objectively more skilled than summoning and going to town on their life bar.

Other than Sekiro, Fromsoft games have always been "make your own difficulty". Every remotely challenging boss in Dark Souls 1 has an optional NPC summon that more or less trivializes the fight.

Remember when people on Yea Forums would outright summon each other to fight bosses in these games? It was a better time and a better culture. I think the only thing I've seen like that here since ER came out was people helping the guy doing the Maidenless playthrough get into Leyndell.

Attached: solaire.gif (413x498, 391.26K)

>If you equips Shabriri talisman and make a mimic and then take it off will the mimic hold aggro the whole time?

Absolutely.

To teach Adam that women are not to be trusted, at least thats what I've took from Genesis

Summoning has always been in these games and it has always been considered the baby bitch easy mode way to play. The fact that people think having an computer summon that doesn't even come with an hp penalty is any different is so retarded. The funny part is these people know they're unfairly cheesing the game because they constantly try to justify and defend using spirit ashes.

seeing stuff from demon's souls like the flamefucker guide on here was one aspect that got me into the series back then

>Are you equipping yourself with broken equipment before summoning your clone?
nta but nope, just using it as is. The only adjustment I did was equip a redmane pot in the hotbar, and I don't have an OP build either. This makes the mimic tear basically an average ash, I feel like you really have to go out of your way to exploit it and make it too strong

yeah people forget that these games are RPGs

Who cares? If you want to use whatever built in easy modes you want then fine. Stop looking for validation.

it's so hard to actually get that by that time you'll be high lvl enough to beat the game easily

>Not using summons and getting your ass beat by clear as day bullshit AI tracking and overwhelming bullshit mechanics
Nah, everyone knows the AI tracking and mechanics in this game are beyond fucked so why should I subject myself to stress and agony because of shit design? Ain't happenin'.

Attached: 1604512792976.gif (700x393, 2.96M)

Anybody else feel summons could have been so much more interesting. Imagine if summons scaled with Mind or something and you can bring out as many as you want as long as you had the FP to sustain them or something with dedicated summoner builds and no limit on where to bring them out.

Attached: 1635093500740.jpg (1954x2008, 830.03K)

The mimic can be great, but only if your character is strong as well. I personally used it maybe 5 times but it's shit for me.
I'm only lvl 40, but I'm in areas where I should be 80-100 so the mimic really does not survive long enough.

I think summons would have to be weaker to compensate for repeated summoning, and then nobody would use them.

The "one chance to summon" functionality also seems intentionally designed to evoke the Dark Souls feeling of your summoned friend dying and surviving the end of the battle solo by the skin of your teeth.

The mimic didn't feel too game breaking for me until started using more blood shit. If it wasn't so tanky when maxed out it would die easily. It suicides' on any boss with area denial. Blood flies and Tiche are worse. Tiche is really bullshit and can get Radagon to half health by herself. Blood flies can quickly cause blood loss even on bosses resistant to it. Most AI just fucking stand in the attack unless they have a dodge mechanic or charge at the character like crucible knights.

>Heavy armour
>Pure strength build
>Heavy spiked cestus
>Me and my own clone (now neither of us, etc.) bully bosses by unga bunga windmilling and bleed

Attached: 1648020208434.png (539x416, 162.46K)

Not being a duck but that’s just not true. If your character build is decent your mimic will give you a huge advantage as it is an exact copy of you. Just because you can’t build your character doesn’t mean others are going out of their way lmao

daaaaaaaaamn...

Playing with good build and no summons is easier than playing with average build and mimic.
Simply dual-wielding weapons you achieve same effect as using one weapon and summoning mimic. This game's balance is fucked.

whyd they put it in the game if im not allowed to use it

Attached: xDnTxzn.jpg (636x350, 43.68K)

my character doesn't suck, I can solo anything with no issues, I just didn't try to make it as broken as possible and use stuff that I personally like. Rn my +5 mimic tear is less useful in most situations than my +5 ancestral warrior.

Yeah, I wish I could do poise build with giant sword and giant shield but bosses just spastic out 20 hit combos with infinite stamina that melt your own and break your poise and then kill you. Can't even guard counter because hit 7 in the train cancels it and then kills you.

Daily reminder that the "apple" was masturbation for Eve and Eve introduced the idea of sex/masturbation to Adam which got them kicked out of Eden. Reproduction was not necessary and the temptation existed because obviously sex and masturbation feels good

you just need to hit 100 guard bonus or whatever, then you can tank literally infinite combos since you never lose stamina from blocking

Extrapolate further

>soulfags be like
>ew Elden Ring is just another Dark Souls clone
>also soulfags be like
>hey you shouldn't use summons, you should play this game just like Dark Souls

>It wasn't necessary but it was installed into humans along with full reward apparatus necessary to push human consciousness towards it nonetheless
There are no other masters of mental gymnastics on Earth like Judeo-Christians when they need to rationalize desert neanderthal genital mutilation cult drivel.

>hurr durr easy mode amirite?
Yes. It’s okay if you want to play games on easy mode, user. Just acknowledge you played on easy mode.

The higher your guard boost, the less stamina you lose from blocking. At 100, you shouldn't take any stamina loss from blocking

why did they put bugs and glitches in the game if i'm not allowed to use them

I see, thank you.

>ew Elden Ring is just another Dark Souls clone
No one who would consider themselves a soulsfag would think Elden Ring being a Dark Souls clone is a bad thing retard.

Mimic is good for melee builds because you don't really gotta level up FP for pure melee

I think making a tier list is kinda difficult because each fight favors different spirits
Like Rotten Stray can solo Margit and Godrick, but not late bosses, so how exactly do you tier that?
and everyone tells me Lhutel is great but for the two fights in which I summoned him he sucked and I switched back to Mad Pumpkin Head.

Attached: 1649022100805.png (729x883, 513.73K)

fp cost negation tear works on summoning

NOOOO YOU HAVE TO USE WHOLESOME HECKING STRATEGIES SUCH AS ROT SPAM OR BLOOD SPAM OR COMET AZUR

Not saying I believe it, the idea of religion, God, or any form of miracle-working is open to subjective belief. Jesus could walk right in front of you right now, perform a miracle, and you would still call it fake. I was saying the story was meant to be interpreted in that way, more than likely to deter premartial sex or "inappropriate" sexual activity. Anyone who believes the "author" of the Adam and Eve story meant a literal apple/fruit is a child

There are multiple tier lists already on YouTube. General consensus is that Mimic, Tiche, Dung Eater and the archer lady are all the best.

A spirit tier list is difficult to really judge since you'd need to compare all 64 spirits at an equal level, but also a lot of spirits become much weaker when they're the sole target of aggro. For example, in that one solo Draconic Sentinel test video, Lhutel did about 98% of his HP before dying while Tiche did much less, but you wouldn't say Lhutel's the overall better spirit. Spirits have different stats and behavior too.
If you're the type to care about tier lists, just use Tiche, Mimic, maybe Greatshield Skellies, because they're great summons who cover almost any situation you'd want. But really, most spirits have their niche and can be used fine.