>delayed attack
>delayed attack
>aoe>delayed attack
>delayed attack
>delayed attack
>delayed attack
>aoe

fuck the bosses are absolute trash in this game

Attached: indexfdgdfg.jpg (190x265, 7.94K)

just don't rollspam like a sperg and learn to press the A button. actually filtered

Don't forget the Hail Mary attack they all pull at 10% health.

>learn its a delayed attack
>learn you have time to attack during the delayed windup and still dodge after
easy hits, all you have to have is some pattern recognition

>boss raises arm
>dodge
>delayed attack
>get hit

>boss raises arm
>don't dodge expecting delay
>It's a normal attack
>get hit

>boss instantly jabs you
>get hit

>All these attacks do the same amount of damage

Attached: 1649153353038.jpg (680x383, 135.42K)

So you get 11 delayed attacks and still dont know to not roll instantly?

Dodge when he swings not when he lifts his weapon. easy.

what makes me seethe is those instant no windup jab attacks. margit/morgott in particular has plenty of them. sucks shit to play against.

Same. Every other boss has one too. This isn't a fucking fighting game, I shouldn't be getting frame trapped against a guy on a horse.

I really liked Godskin Apostle.

game is literal fighting game that they put a wrestling boss at the end of the game

By ER2 we're gonna need frame data to find openings. Shits retarded.

Yes it's a fighting game but the bosses and some of the enemies are clearly not playing the same game as us, the player.

Like all souls games, rolling has a slight input delay. So rolling at the last second really isn't viable.
That's why properly telegraphed attacks are important. Every attack being delayed just makes the input lag feel 100x worse.

In a lot of cases the bosses actually got worse because they had to balance them somewhat with ash summons.

So many now have endless stamina and if you stay in front can constantly combo which means the fights are less about watching for openings and more learning which angle they can't catch you at.

*does an instant swing with the same arm movement*

the input delay is also worse in this game despite the numerous delayed attacks
this is my single biggest issue with this game. if you to dealy everything, fine. give me a way to actually roll on reaction then without 300 ms of input delay. holy fuck.

The way boss fights seem to go down, I don't understand why I didn't just powerstance two katanas. Anything bigger than a great* weapon is basically unusable and the great sized weapons only let you maybe smack the boss every 20 to 30 seconds.

>delayed attack
>delayed attack
>delayed attack
>delayed attack
>aoe
>delayed attack
>delayed attack
>delayed attack
>delayed attack
>aoe>delayed attack
>delayed attack
>delayed attack
>delayed attack
>aoe
>win anyway because I dont suck
>*KSHHT*
>GREAT ENEMY FELLED
Is that so hard OP? Gonna cry? Need your mama? Want a bottle and your pacifier? Want me to play your fucking game for you, you child? If you can't figure out the plethora of ways you can beat this game then I have bad news for you user

Attached: 1645472479579.png (491x379, 134.08K)

They aren't delayed attacks if they don't also have a faster variant of the same move. They're just slow.

>give me a way to actually roll on reaction then without 300 ms of input delay. holy fuck.
Turn off internet No really I noticed the game loads and reacts much faster when offline

Did you have fun, user? Did you have fun watching the boss do an entire street fighter Combo while you just stood their and watched like a cuck? Did you have fun getting one hit in every 30 minutes because that's all the boss would permit you to do before he got bored and when back to playing naruto?

Some bosses like Margit have attacks they can delay at will, or rather, try to bait you into rolling and don't even attack if you stand still. They can hold it for almost 4 entire seconds.
I personally don't think it's cheating. My isntinct is to keep certain distance so I can roll away regardless of the attack.
Way less bosses have bullshit stuff than people make it out to be, and those who do are msotly against some builds rather than a full bullshit thing.

>cast spell
>dodges
>cast spell
>dodges
>cast spell
>dodges
>cast spell
>dodges
>cast spell
>dodges
>take a sip
>teleports behind u

Attached: 1449930775538.png (561x413, 261.26K)

You forgot a million moves combos.
Also abysmal tracking.
>CHECK OUT HOW HARD I CAN DELAY

Attached: Screenshot 2022-04-05 at 14-05-45 look how hard I can piss - Google Search.png (327x315, 6.34K)

>Did you have fun, user?
Immense fun, yeah, I haven't played a game this fun since noita released, I dont have to just watch like a cuck because I dont fucking suck dick at video games, Elden ring is one of the most exploitable video games in the entire franchise and you are a donkey if you're struggling
Let me guess, you're a big le gigachad who refused to use sorcery/incantations/ashes/summons/dex?

Attached: 20220316173856_1.jpg (1366x768, 208.3K)

The roll on release and not press is the worst.

You forgot i attack in direction WHOOPS PLAYER IS DODGING BETTER REDIRECT IN MIDDLE ANIMATION

Input queue is cancer

The worst bullshit is a boss walking straight into your face and holding his weapon above him expecting you to fuck up. If you take the bait, he'll fuck you up by launching a sudden extremely fast attack. If you don't take the bait, he just jumps back and fires a ranged attack. Who thought this was fun?

Cool. Post a clip of you actually fitting one of the endgame bosses and not just dodging their combos or chasing after them for the grand reward of one(1) hit.

>boss does 13 attacks in a row
>animation cancels the last one into another 13 attack combo
>animation cancels the last one into an instant-hit jab
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: er.jpg (1920x1080, 169.79K)

lol nice game

Attached: 1623293798654.webm (346x230, 703.92K)

Just play any other ARPG like Nioh 2 or Dragon's Dogma lmao.

Hurr Durr cause it's all delayed attacks of the same duration, and no mixups and no insta jatbs in between and as if the AI doesn't read your inputs + ass inputbuffer. But dude got his honnor badge using mimic + rivers of blood in every boss so he understands the mechanics.

>makes OP seethe

Attached: elden ring godfrey whore a loo stomp.png (476x461, 277.63K)

yes lots

the only bosses I really had to "chase around" were the elden beast and the fire giant, I already beat the game and I wouldnt record shit to prove anything anyway

The fucking button buffer in this game is insane. Pushing no buttons but my character is still trying to put together some interpretive dance based on 10 second old inputs. Its on par with smash bros brawl.

I’m 60 hours into this game so far and the hardest boss I’ve had to fight was Godrick. Took me about 6 tries. Since then no boss has really taken me more than a handful of attempts to tell. Granted I realize that at 60hrs I’ve still got a long way to go.. but nothing in this game has been nearly as hard as the folks on this board make them out to be. I’m starting to think a lot of people here are really bad at bideo games.

Gotta love that last "fuck you" combo

"YAAAAAY I FINALY BEAT THE GAME WITH THE BROKEN BUILD YOUTUBE RECCOMENDED AT A PISS LOW LEVEL!

NOW I CAN GO ON THE INTERNET PISSING ON THE PEOPLE THAT ARE ACTUALY PLAYING IT AND PROVIDING THE CRITICISM IT NEEDS."

There are easier ways of announcing that you're a masochist you know?

the only time they made me rage was one of the optional caves in snow man land, where you have to fight them one after another. yet in the actual duo I did it on the second try. the fight itself and the music is absolute kino.

I just beat the game.
Mind = blown.
114 hours of active engaging gameplay.

Attached: elring.jpg (1920x1080, 537.44K)

>starting to think a lot of people here are really bad at bideo games.
New here?

As a fellow Noitachad I agree 100%, the game has a fuckton of different systems and ways to deal with enemies, far more than past souls games I feel like. Kinda reminds me of playing bg2 when I was a kid.

I don't think people are calling the game too hard (outside of the damage inflation towards the endgame), the combat is just unengaging.

>I REFUSE TO BELIEVE IM BAD AT VIDEO GAMES BUT I KEEP DYING
>MUST BE THE GAMES FAULT IM GOING TO BITCH ABOUT IT ONLINE
>WOW THESE PEOPLE WHO AREN'T BITCHING MUST BE CHEATING LOL, IT CAN'T POSSIBLY BE THAT IM JUST A COMPLETE SHITTER RIGHT?

Just because he knows how to work around it and is used to oil burns doesn't mean the chef is a masochist, it means he's better at cooking than you.

Attached: 1515176859526.png (254x274, 18.12K)

If its delayed everytime why wouldnt you just delay your dodge?

not looking to shame you but are you using summons and spirits? a lot of people refuse to. even have a simple distraction makes a massive difference, because the hardest part of a fight is finding an opening.

Not really just being facetious

People are definitely calling the game too hard lmao, remember release day when every was bitching about Margit?

Beating this game is no problem, user. The problem is that some of us expect to have fun doing it and not dodging around ad infinitum while the boss does a 7 hit combo into an aoe, with a distance closer if you managed to dodge the aoe into a ninja backdrop that puts them on the other end of the arena.

Test

NOOOOOOOOOOOO I SHOULD BE ABLE TO MINDLESSLY MASH ROLL RATHER THAN PAY ATTENTION TO THE BOSS'S MOVESET
Git gud, faggot.

>just dont roll!
ROLLING IS THE ENTIRE FUCKING GAMEPLAY AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN STOP DEFENDING THIS STUPID FUCKING ARGUMENT THAT ROLLING IS BAD
ROLLING TO DODGE ATTACKS IS FUCKING FUN
IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN FUN
IT'S THE FUCKING CORE OF SOULS GAMEPLAY
I WANT TO ROLL PAST ATTACKS
I WANT TO HIT THE ENEMY AFTER SUCCESSFULLY ROLLING PAST THEIR ATTACKS
I WANT TO REPEAT THAT OVER AND OVER AGAIN
BECAUSE IT'S
FUCKING
FUN
YOU STUPID FUCKING DIFFICULTYNIGGERS RUINED EVERYTHING WITH YOUR RETARDED AUTISM DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DEI DEI EDI I DI EDI FEDI EDQ F RWE

>try to dodge behind
>the attack somehow can swing around to cover their blindside

I got real tired of Margit doing that shit. Im convinced the boss isnt programmed to swing until its a certain percentage away from the player. Ive seen this fuck run across the map with with this windup only to still slap the fuck outta someone cause the game knows you suddenly ran outta stamina.

Cool post a clip. We'll wait.

>delayed attack
>i just delay roll
lmao outplayed faggit

kys

Then play a game more your speed, I hear the new horizon is great.

Attached: 1646327769525.png (1080x940, 696.14K)

nothing beats souls combat for me but I still wish the game didn't revolve around doing gay rolls with iframes, aside from blocking. they should tone down the ridiculous attacks and make dodging more about moving out of the way of an attack, and having a simple quickstep as a default instead of goofy rolls against humanoid enemies.

these are bait posts, right?
nobody really comes on Yea Forums to say "HEY EVERYONE! I'M TOO RETARDED TO UNDERSTAND HOW TO WORK WITH AN INPUT QUEUE!" do they?

>boss end combo
>think it's an opening when observed from afar
>boss reads your input and immediately cancels the animation into extra 3 hits

Dude didn't play the game and goes online lecturing ppl on how they are just attempting to be gigachad playing the game going through the mechanics without spamming broken shit.

If youre happy with the shit this game throws at you than there's no other option besides being a masochist

>Elden ring is one of the most exploitable video games in the entire franchise
This is why it sucks

I'm glad Elden Ring has exposed the majority of Yea Forums to be total fucking shitters.

Attached: 1608212339505.gif (277x277, 515.04K)

Yeah I’ve used the Jellyfish spirit for the entire game and I haven’t upgraded it at all. It doesn’t even do any damage to enemies it just takes aggro for a minute. I’m playing a faith build so it creates small openings. Extremely small but enough to get a spell or two off. Thing typically dies after a combo or two though so it isn’t a full fight boon.. typically just enough to make the boss’s HP a little more reasonable. If people want to handicap themselves that’s fine. Enjoy the game you want. It’s silly to be given tools and refuse to use them then claim the game is broken. It’s like buying materials to build a shed and refusing to use a hammer and nails.

This is why i use AOE magic cause the enemy can all of a sudden side dodge with the speed of usain bolt.

If you want to make the game more challenging, sure, but if you then go online and bitch that the game is bad because you can't do it because you're imposing restrictions upon yourself then you're just fucking retarded

>remember release day when every was bitching about Margit?
there are people in this very thread crying about margit

The only people who complain about this are endurencelets who do not use a shield. If you are unsure about when the attack is coming you should just block. You can continue holding block while you press roll as a failsafe in case you dodge too late. The constant complaining about boss movesets stems from people who are 2 handing their weapon or dualwielding for their epic guts greatsword or dual katana builds, but don't have the skill to actually make it work against the harder enemies.
TLDR: use a shield if you need it faggot

no one cares how good you pretend to be at video games retarded faggot nigger

I think my least favorite part of the game is honestly how many enemies have big attacks that read like they should be super punishable but often have a quick followup just to catch you out anyway.

I'm glad people are seeing through Fromsoft's boss design finally. It's been like this since Dark Souls 2. Dark Souls 3 is hugely guilty of it too. Bosses are the weakest parts of Souls games. Their strongest aspects is the exploration, and trying to navigate through tricking enemy encounters.

*unzips self-proc Carian Retaliation*
Game status: Beaten

This. The player shouldn't be punished for successfully avoiding an attack.

Are we not allowed to critize this game user? Do you really see no problem with the game?

Mate the buffer is insane. So many fighting games are less punishing. Ill cop when ive been button mashing out of panic or whatever but this is just off.

But you didn’t dodge the attack you dodged early. Now you know there is a quick follow up dodge later.

>Git gud, faggot.
Oh I can easily beat the bosses believe me but the problem is that it's not fun. There's so much bullshit that actively detract from the combat in this game.

You can jump now to nigger. A lot of attacks that are hard to dodge roll are usually easy to jump dodge.

>Finish ER
>Hate it
>Think maybe I just had too high expectations
>Go back to DS3
>Can chug in Friede's fucking face and she doesn't read the input to fuck me
>NG+3 Friede doing less damage on most hits than ER's bosses do on a vigor-pump run on NG
>Bosses have like one deliberately delayed attack rather than the entire moveset being swings awkwardly delayed a variable amount per move
>Bosses aren't canceling recovery animations into extremely fast high-damage moves so I can actually punish and play the game
>No constant AOE attacks
>Bosses don't also constantly use unpunishable keep-away attacks to extend the fight
Elden Ring is so FUCKING SHITTY and I waited YEARS AND YEARS excited for it like a dumbshit rube

Attached: 1507641757370.jpg (647x594, 71.28K)

The Hideous Teriyaki defense force checklist
>you didn't play it
>you played it too much
>filtered
>cope
>seethe
>git gud
>no one cares
>previous souls games were shit
>works fine on my machine
>they patched it
>ubisoft/horizon dev
>shazamtranny
>ADHD zoomer
>discord raider
>too long didn't read
>input reading is fine
>reusing bosses is fine
>reusing dungeons is fine
>it's good because it doesn't have a questlog or a minimap
>it makes some literal who on twitter seethe, you have to like it *unholsters twatter screencap*
>it's kino GOTD 10/10 greatest game of all time cuz my favorite literally who infleuncer said so, *unholsters twatter screencap*
>it sold gangbusters, trillions of flies can't be wrong
>DS1 had 8 copypasted titanite demons, check mate
>DS3 had 25 copypasted deacons in the deacons bossfight, checkmate
>it's not a movie game, so you have to like it
>just skip the copypasted content bro it's optional
>just play the legacy dungeons and ignore 80% of the game bro
>all souls games fall off past a certain point bro, it's normal
>all open worlds recycle content, it's normal
>that quest is actually finished, it's just no one found the trigger
>just level VIG
>>he levelled VIG

Attached: 04F0DD5B-BE5C-464C-8ABE-FF84B788C6C8.png (1006x839, 247.37K)

>gets hit.

>>>just play the legacy dungeons and ignore 80% of the game bro
I ran into this one earlier

Filtered

First of all, english.
Second, fairness isn't part of an adventure, discovering how to overcome unfair odds is.
There's plenty of bullshit in the game, and there's plenty of bullshit tools to work around it. Use them u retard. Problems arise when you try to bang your head against the wall with the same strategy, weapons and spells because "it's your build and you should be able to beat the game with it". No it fucking isn't you crybaby, your job is to figure out what works or not based on what you enjoy and are good at.
I've beaten the entire game with a STR/FTH build, and I have so many weapons upgraded. I've shifted several times between fire, thunder, holy, pure STR and even some bleed here and there because if I stick to one theme I'm constantly running into enemies that are strong against it.

The only boss I consider has some degree of bullshit are Malenia and Radahn, and the later is mroe that he moves away too much for someone his size, rather than being stupidly powerful.