Mogs every 3D Sonic game released since SA2

>mogs every 3D Sonic game released since SA2

how did they do it?

Attached: srb2-title.png (640x400, 54.08K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sonic-sms-remake.blogspot.com/p/one.html
sonic-sms-remake.blogspot.com/p/two.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

By staying Classic, like the series should've been

Maybe the 20-year development time helped.

One of the only times that the term "SOUL" is entirely applicable. No other reason but determination and passion for what they were making.

Because every 3D game after SA2 intentionally tries to avoid being a sonic game

why cant you enjoy things without having to attack other things

Sonic Generations was pretty good, and I did like Unleashed's day stages

SRB2 has the advantage of LITERALLY OVER TWENTY YEARS OF CUMULATIVE DEVELOPMENT

By being a DOOM mod

the idea of hamster maze Sonic level design doesn't come from them grinding for decades, they always had that idea same as Sonic Team did when you look at Windy Valley beta. The difference is Sonic Team Jr. stuck with it and polished it through years of volunteer work while Sega decided it would be better to make Sonic into a tech demo title for the dreamcast and streamline Sonics stages from multi path platformer to hallway runner.

It's odd because now that I'm finally playing 06 it feels more like Adventure 1 platform heavier stages which I liked but the game nuked any chance it had for that style of Sonic and we were stuck with fucking boost forever after.

Maybe because the devs been working on the game for nearly a quarter of a century.

Attached: 20 years and counting.png (1919x1080, 361.09K)

SRB2 Kart also mogs a lot of kart racers today
too bad v2 will be an utter shit show

Attached: 1649156541463.png (1280x720, 22.15K)

I play SRB2K almost every day and I fear the day v2 comes out and the devs somehow prevent us from playing 1.3

>the devs somehow prevent us from playing 1.3
Oh they will
>Archive ALL mods, characters, and maps mad in v1.3 to the point of being unfindable on the message board
>Master server will go down for 1.3
>You will NEVER be allowed to post 1.3 content to the message board after it's release
It's honestly a civil war waiting to happen

Attached: 98hh.jpg (964x893, 182.33K)

I suspect it's gonna be like the transition from SRB2 2.1 to 2.2, as in waiting years for mod authors to update their mods (cuz they feel the need to re-do everything from sprites/level design to scripts) while getting pissy at the people that are making portlegs in mere months.

Bump

I really don't see what makes v2 so shit. You guys hate hitstun and tumble that much?

I think it's just the fact that it's moving from a standard non-gimmick cart racer to one with a few gimmicks so those that love how organic the current build are are slightly put off by it.
It's understandable
I think that direction shifting trick thing is too invasive and ruins the flow of the race too much personally speaking.

Oh that does sound reasonable, I get that.
I'm an acrobatics enjoyer so I want to at least try it but I dunno maybe it'll suck. Looks fun to me atm.

No talking characters

So these fangames really that good? What other Sonic fangames that are as good as those?

Attached: 1649161241468.png (519x720, 170.67K)

I mostly play vanilla kart with very few mods + custom chars. Anything acro related I avoid and seeing how it's going to become a huge part of v2 puts me off.

I'm fine with the normal trick mod since it doesn't kill your speed and stop you momentarily nor slow you down. That's why I hate that new trick thing they've been looking at implementing, don't fuck with the players speed and flow when racing, it fucks up the rhythm.

>I really don't see what makes v2 so shit. You guys hate hitstun and tumble that much?
The anons on /vm/ made a near identical version of v2 on v1.3 (WebM related)
They advertised it and mostly everyone said it played like complete ass
Like what said it kills any type of flow in a race and instead replaces it with LE EBIN RANDOM MOMENT HA HA which is incredibly cancerous for people who want to enjoy the damn game.

Attached: SRB2Kart_v1.3_CEP_v0.1Moe_Mansion_Custom_Edition_Project_DEV_2022-02-14_22-19-50 (1).webm (640x400, 2.12M)

In a finished state
>Sonic GT - Normal 3d Sonic game
>Sonic Smackdown - 2d fighting game
>Sonic 1 and 2 SMS remakes - Remakes of the Sega Master System Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 games, heaps of added content that makes it worth while to play through.
In an almost finished state
>Sonic Omens - Boost game but the implementation of Shadow's chaos skills is perfect. It's supposed to release the last set of episodes this year unless it was delayed.
>Project 06 - Technically counts, the best way to experience 06 and has some nice extras like allowing the player to SpamDash, your choice of homing attack motion(the momentum killing straight line or the momentum carrying arc) and so on, plus the buddy characters aren't shit anymore.
Nowhere near finished but what's there is amazing
>Sonic Quantum Collision - 2D sonic with unique sprites, original special stage and isn't just a rip off of existing 2d Sonic games.
>Sonic Galactic - 2d Sonic, Mania inspired and has an OC that blends in perfectly with the classic cast and has a unique move that fits the gameplay well
>Sonic Rush 3D

uh, because v2 is shit and hitstun and tumble break your momentum?
have you ever driven an actual car? now imagine having to deal with physics like that IRL. incredibly obnoxious.
some mechanics work for different genres and racing is not one of them.
fighting games have hitstun for the reason that you can time your inputs for combos and what-not.
tumble, though? that's an actual travesty. imagine giving your game the worst punishment as a mechanic and then suffer from anorexia because it's the time of hitlag increased fivethousand-fold.
now go back to Discord and stay there unless you have valid points to give.

Attached: f36e3e34f60cc1f89a7c6a3162da1e90.jpg (600x660, 46.39K)

>Sonic 1 and 2 SMS remakes
Where can I find these?

Right here user, Also dev is working on a 3rd game might be Triple Trouble inspired but don't know, it does have Silver and Blaze confirmed for it though.
>sonic-sms-remake.blogspot.com/p/one.html
>sonic-sms-remake.blogspot.com/p/two.html
Click the button that says Windows to download the exe version.

reddit is that way dumbfuck

Where's that image from?

It's a shame Omens has that awful fucking tree climbing level and those boring flying levels

>he doesn't know
Dash & Spin Chousoku Sonic

Attached: 1640151703824.png (711x647, 416.64K)

>too bad v2 will be an utter shit show
why?

Attached: 1624478674488.png (338x280, 6.32K)

True that, I hope the dev pulls out some solid non-gimmick stages for the last few episodes.

>Weird gag manga for Sonic
Based, reminds me of the Crash one which was also really fun

Attached: Fishbowls a bandicoots worst enemy.png (623x1020, 513.91K)

Read what said and watch his webm, that summarizes it nicely

> Pre-race is now a drawn-out 'positioning' sequence where you try and get "the best position" behind the starting line and then perform a spin-dash-style rev for a speed boost. Despite the only viable stratedgy being getting as close to the starting line as possible, if you step over that line, you are given a foul and everyone must repeat the positioning segment that was already too long.
> Every single bounce now freezes you mid air to input a trick with a distracting graphic covering the center of your screen until the trick is performed
> Drifting on stairs is now a punishment
> Respawning is now very disorientating
> The camera swoops from side to side like you're on a boat constantly
> Getting hit by any item is now produced a screen-freeze stun effect followed by a very severe blast-off which might tumble you off the course despite being nowhere near the ledge of the road.

Attached: 1624839368771.png (372x350, 229.17K)

robo blast 2 is literal troonshit garbage. it pales in comparison to the professionally made kino of 1999-2009.

But it isnt 3d

If you have to insult somebody else to make your point, then you're a complete fucking retard.

No, you shouldn't take this post seriously, idiot.

>Not playing with 3d models and Adventure Sonic mod
NGMI

Why can't you stop thinking about trannies?

But doom is not a 3D game.

The developers have admitted that their removing mechanics like teleporters among other things because their too lazy to maintain them and in the process breaking about 80% of the maps the community currently created because they actually think people will just make more to fill the gap. Killing all of your community content, not even trying to give people a way to port it forward and then expecting they'll just make more is just pure arrogance on the scale of a AAA like EA.

cope. sonic gt, sonic omens, and spark 2 also effortlessly MOG reddit blast 2.

>tranny omens

shit game

>how did they do it?
They made Fang playable.

IT'S MA'AM blast 2 isn't even a game at all, it's a shitty doom wad that still can't even do something as basic as loops after nearly 25 years of development, while its fanboys a-log sonic team.

>still can't even do something as basic as loops
They're cumming.

Attached: srb21736-1.gif (320x200, 2.91M)

bump

bump

>that gif

Attached: 1637273545635.png (241x532, 108.34K)

Generations was pretty good though to be fair

Attached: Sonic_Chill_4.gif (500x370, 908.11K)

ignore them. It's tourist furfags from discord that use boostbar and use Yea Forums as their sekrit club.

>LE EBIN RANDOM MOMENT HA HA
>in a kart racer
What a shocker. If you want to race pure then just turn items off.

by being better

Attached: 1643103460382.png (1920x1080, 1.18M)

What's your favoirite OC mod and why is it the cactus?

Attached: FD8OZ7GXIAAHxaK.png (636x652, 9.89K)

don't forget to donate to patreon faggot

fucking idiot
tumble an hitstun cant be turned off

>Spark 2
Spark 2 kinda sucked. Spark 1 was amazing and Spark 3 seems like he might have learned his lesson, but Spark 2?

It's open source, literally anything can be turned off.

>He doesn't know

Attached: 1627079585787.png (587x162, 28.45K)

>If you want to race pure then just turn items off.
that doesn't remove tumble or hitstun
those are mechanics you're stuck with, and tumble especially is more than just a "HAHA LOL" thing, it's an outright fucking race-ruiner
>It's open source, literally anything can be turned off.
well, that's obvious, but that also begs the question: why is a full-on custom client even fucking necessary to make mechanics toggleable when the devs can easily do that themselves, but due to sheer stubbornness openly refuse to?

Attached: vmtumble.webm (1032x582, 2.74M)

wait isn't it gpl?

>Some people excited
Lmao, imagine still thinking some people would be excited for you ruining the game. Why are modern game devs of any stripe incapable of taking an L?
You know what, scratch that. Why are all pop culture creators completely incapable of it?

I don't see the problem

I didn't say turn the hitstun/tumble off

Greetings, super sonic fan Tamers12345.

Attached: girl scout tamers sonic underground.jpg (2921x3042, 2.8M)

v1.3 is not v2
(screenshot when we presnted Yea Forums2 to the Kart Krew)
you cant be serious....
Yes I understand what you're saying user
but even without items you STILL have shit like ring sting

Attached: 1640435183810.png (598x543, 100.78K)