Stranger of Paradise

Let's have a thread, (((Lufenians))) not welcome, Jack and Chaos are.

Attached: stranger_of_paradise_0cover.jpg (1200x675, 124.3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

www49.zippyshare.com/v/lWtx84Gx/file.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Do bosses get more health and do more damage in coop? Are me and my friends just bad?

Tell me how does this game connect to final fantasy.

It's a soft-remake of FF1 disguised as a prequel. Each level is a reference to a place from previous entries, like Mt Gagazet from X or Ifrit's cave from VIII

somebody explain the lore to me like im 5

>It's a soft-remake of FF1 disguised as a prequel
Or maybe the other way around?

Guy is send to kill Chaos. Discovers he's in a endless time loop engineered by sky jews. His dark elf bro tells him the only way to break the cycle is to become Chaos to break the rules and lure the true heroes (actual FFI's warriors of light) to fight him then go for the kikes.

good guy cant be a good guy so he becomes bad guy for the real good guys that emerge after he becomes bad enough guy

Attached: prequelremakeprequelhomage.png (670x377, 323.68K)

I want to play FF1 now. What's the best version to grab? FFV too for that matter.

NES rom.

PS1 port

the playstation version is the best one. nes one has bugs where some spells and stats just do nothing. handheld versions get rid of vancian magic. but even then the playstation version has its downsides like a slight delay in battle transitions because it loads cd quality music. it feels annoying at first but i got over it after maybe 30 mins. the pixel remaster is not bad but i hate the mobile game UI and font

this They're all free if you can figure out easy-as-fuck modern emulation, you can do it on your phone.

Bosses do get more health in co-op. But you and your friend are also bad. . .although it might depend on what boss you're stuck on.

It's a prequel.

>It's a prequel.
Is it a prequel? Is it? Or is it the search for CHAOS to destroy CHAOS in order to stop CHAOS from shaping the world through CHAOS only to realize that the real CHAOS was the CHAOS we CHAOS on the wayCRAWLING IN MY SKIN?

A stroke of genius

Attached: 1647002204780.jpg (1908x2644, 828.88K)

I'm sure glad they put those two bombs at the start of that one mission, makes farming for chaos difficulty a breeze.

I can't be the only person that thought that was going to be something they made you play right?

The game definitely feels like it had a lot left in the cutting room floor, like how incomplete the town conversations are. Apparently there was also supposed to be a smithy NPC instead of just a menu.

lol wut
Did they seriously cutscene the only iconic part of FF gameplay?

Remember that picrel stole all the budget from Team Ninja, it was probably going to be a tutorial stage, tbe game needed three months in the oven.

Attached: sharing-p3zcX_kG4.png (2400x1300, 2.99M)

Do you immediately have to go off and hunt down 4 fiends after this one after the other.
Can't wait for this to flop and game journalists to make articles baffled about how could this happen!?

I guess that leads into my next question, are there any quests in the upper right of the map? I never found anything their and I want to make sure I don't miss anything now that I've beaten the story.

Nah, they're probably spots for the DLC stuff.

Okay, yeah, I'd started considering that as soon as I hit post, guess all I'm left hoping for is that Garland's armor makes it into the dlc, and transmog.

It's highly likely that the DLC releases will be used to patch QoL stuff in. Kinda like FFXV did.

Anyone know if Behemoth has an elemental weakness? It feels like Ice is the one but I'm not sure.

Attached: 1648636165.jpg (1920x1080, 1.73M)

I hope so, this game was so much better than I thought it was gonna be, shame it's getting overlooked

can't you just force weaknesses by hitting them with the same element repeatedly

Not stuck on anything. Just noticing it’s taking a few more tries and sometimes we have to switch from jobs we were leveling. Chaos mode btw.

Is the game worth giving in to EGS exclusivity for?

No. Pirate it instead since Timmy already bought your copy.

But what about patches?

>patches

Attached: OnlyPatchesINeed.jpg (236x297, 16.72K)

Updates, improvements, fixes, whatever you wanna call 'em

>Chaos mode btw.
Ah you're fine. Chaos mode shits bloated as fuck especially on Multiplayer. I just pray the DLCs don't inspire team ninja to give this game 4 NG+ cycles like in Nioh. . .

>sky news
Who? ff1 is actually one of my favourite ff's for how short and straightforward it is. Now they're convoluting the whole thing.

It's really not that convoluted. The Lufenians are using Cornelia as a petri dish for their experiments.

ASS TOES

>only iconic part
....what?

I think that's how it works, but wasn't sure if it has a base weakness, like how skeletons are usually weak to Holy and robots to Water.

>Updates, improvements, fixes, whatever you wanna call 'em
Patches?

Attached: 81uWgjv9NwL._AC_UY550_.jpg (412x550, 47.44K)

Yes. I like the general convenience of them being applicable to the game without having to download everything all over again

So far the game has only had 1 post release patch, and someone helpfully posted a link a few days ago.
www49.zippyshare.com/v/lWtx84Gx/file.html

I WANT TO FIGHT BAHAMUT NOW.
I WANT TO FIGHT GILGAMESH NOW.
I WANT TO KNOW WHAT "DIFFERENT FUTURE" MEANS.
how long will we be forced to wait anons.

Attached: Lu.png (430x441, 251.79K)

>patches

Attached: elbow-patches-professor.jpg (736x953, 215.3K)

>I WANT TO

Attached: KnowWhatLoveIs.png (735x413, 237.61K)

What's the explanation for Jack's blood crystals

Attached: maxresdefault (61).jpg (1280x720, 79.52K)

No user, it literally and very explicitly is a prequel. The game is extremely in your face about it, you'd know if you actually finished it. For fucks sake the game literally ends where FF1 begins.

wrong image

Attached: STRANGER-OF-PARADISE-FINAL-FANTASY-ORIGIN-battle-soul-burst.jpg (3840x2160, 962.12K)

I just took it as literally that, Jack is using his power to crystalize their blood and then shatters them.

Chaos

>game literally ends where FF1 begins
...or DOES IT???

Attached: images.jpg (201x250, 8.87K)

Yes, yes it does.
DLC1/2 are definitely going to be set before FF1, but DLC3 is a wild card, it could potentially be set after FF1.

DLC 3 will start with a warriors of light boss fight and then they help Garland fight against Lufenia after they inject in some more darkness cum.

Nothing is convoluted about it, it just explained that Lufenians are the ones who created the time loop, not Garland, and that Garland simply took control over it. Lufenians are just generic illuminati jews in this.

The real answer is user's modded Pixel Remaster which combines all the benefits of the Pixel Remaster with the core PSX experience.
I hope someone can post the pasta and link since I don't have them on hand.

>after they inject in some more darkness cum
They can't, Lufenia is literally cut off from Cornelia after the final boss fight, read the final log.

Oh shit. My bad. Any theories on what last DLC might be then?

>wild card

Attached: 20081008_mnight_190x190.jpg (190x190, 11.58K)

The two most obvious theories are:
1) FF1 Tutorial Boss fight against Garland except you're Garland fighting the 4WoL
2) Set after the end of FF1, with the world now saved and protected by perfect balance of both Jack's Warriors of Darkness and the Four Warriors of Light, they have a friendly sparring match that is the hardest boss fight in the game
3) Maybe some Lufenia shenanigans