This game feels so easy now

This game feels so easy now.

Attached: 7604e0574497b1b47d081814f9aa.jpg (528x704, 131.85K)

>implying it was ever hard
soulshitters be like

i went back to demons souls after beating sekiro and i probably died like 10 times throughout the entire game, it just felt slow
fun game tho

Because Dark Souls was not a game about difficulty, it was a game about mastery, things become easier through learning and practice. The fun part of the game is becoming better at it, particularly in a holistic way, not necessarily knowing every individual enemies attack or position on the map but knowing the rules of how the game is designed.

This. Although I love the game and played through it many times.

I don't know how any functioning human can find circle strafing and pressing a dodge button hard

sounds like tetris kino

After six games that play the same, of course it feels easy now.

so which one is the hardest?

Yeah, replayed it yesterday, plowed through anor londo in 15 minutes after destroying the iron golem, my friend then proceeded to first try O&S (he did summon solaire but honestly he fought them like a champ was impressed ngl)

Bros should I bother finishing Elden Ring or replay Dark Souls instead? I'm at the snow mountains and continuing feels like an absolute chore, is it worth it?

Wonder if that has to do with how much harder ER is or possibly that it’s a decade old and:

I don't understand the question. Are you stuck at a story boss? Because you can just finish the game any time you want. No one is forcing you to explore Mountaintop or Farum Azula in great detail.

Leveling up past 70 (provided you're not a fucking retard in stat distribution) is completely unnecessary.

There's literally no argument for stopping now that MP is dead.

Leveling up is unnecessary in general as Dark Souls 1 is just that easy

There's just no reason to go beyond that because the spells and equipment in the game aren't that varied that require you to pump levels to see results. Also this It doesn't matter if you're level 1 or 100. If you have a maxed out pyro glove and black flame, then the game is irrelevant.

eay. but FAIR

and HONEST
H
O
N
E
S
T

So we're now pretending DaS 1 was never hard? This fanbase somehow gets worse every year.

Have you tried playing it? It's fairly easy.

Didn't the original game have their website be preparetodie.com even before they had a Prepare to Die edition? I recall a post was posted here and I remember people back in the day talking about how this was a hard game. Why are people retroactively pretending the "le hard game" wasn't how people were acting when that was both how the game was marketed and the memes that were spawned from it? This "it was about the adventure" meme is such a made up narrative.

It was hard, but the difficulty came almost entirely from not knowing the game, rather than from lack of reflexes and such.

It only feels easy because you're used to it now. Back on release everyone sucked ass at it because it was one of a kind. Now a Soulslike is a literal subgenre.
That's like 99% of games.

Only things hard about it are when you're put in disadvantageous situations. Like the Tomb of the Giants, or the ledges in Anor Londo, or the feces in Blighttown. If you're facing a normal mob on your own, then you can overcome anything. Look at the shit in the patch to Izalith. Nothing but herds of Capra Demon and Taurus Demons because why not

ok fags, back to discord now

Third last boss is kino, 2nd last boss is kinda cool but then gets ruined by the last boss which is just trash (and in order to reattempt the last boss, you have to redo the 2nd last boss kind of like Isshin in Sekiro where you had to redo Genichiro or Emma).

Towards the end of Elden Ring booting it up felt like a legitimate job. Like I would think about what I had to do and just sigh. I don't think I'll be beating it a second time, the game is just exhausting

Then rush through the mountains? You have a fucking horse, use it.

Whereas in Dark Souls you're stuck going through the final end of the game if you want to proceed.

The only thing “hard” about this game is the shit, unresponsive controls and the lame attempt at platforming. Let’s make roll and jump the same fucking input that’ll be a great idea. Oh and better yet, let’s make it so you can only dodge in 1 of 4 directions when you’re locked on to something. Brilliant. Whether it’s spamming lunge attacks on the Carpa Demon, parrying Gwyn over and over again or abusing poise on the four kings I often come back to the same sentiment. You cannot possibly enjoy Dark Souls as a video game because it simply fails to function as one, rather it is a test of endurance, one that I’m afraid to say has tragically failed to stand the test of time.

I mean, a good 70% of the game is completely optional, you're not going to 100% it every time you play, Don't be so fucking dramatic.

played back in 2011 but gave up because the gam played very differently from the games of that era and i had no patients nor did i want to learn how to play the game correctly.

tried it again this year and it was surpassingly easy. maybe i have just gotten better at games over the years but this time, i decided to take it slow and learn from my mistakes.

dark souls one is all about observing and adapting to the very situation the game throws at you.

did a replay last year
>strolled through undead burg
>having a decent time dumping on gargoyles
>kellogs is next
>remember sewers
>remember blight town
>i'd rather not and take the back door
>remember sans funhaus
>casually run straight through it
>remember anal london
>casually run straight through it speedrun style
>beat abbott and costello
>remember the second half of the game
>first death comes when desperately trying to skip dukes archives
man it kinda sucked

Because it was always easy.
People like are retards that can't read item and stat descriptions.

i remember "le hardest game" discourse as far back as fucking demon's. bandai probably got the idea from retards here

It always was, you just didn't know what to do

Oh, it was absolutely seen and marketed as a hard game. Doesn't change the fact that the game is ultimately not about being hard. (Keep in mind that marketing is not by the same guys who actually make the game.)
Demon's Souls was already seen as rather hard by the standards of AAA games at the time, so the marketing team went all in on that with Dark Souls. But Dark Souls generally wasn't that hard once you knew what you were doing. Finding out what it was that you were doing, that was the hard part.

>Fromniggers are okay with a game having excessive padding especially in the end game.
Until decent mods come out or perhaps DLC, I won't plan on playing this again any time soon. I enjoyed it for what it is but its literally just Dark Souls 3.5 with an open world.

Attached: ER_Playtime.png (1616x387, 944.88K)

Its just cope. Demon souls only sold because of its challenge too. Its the only thing you ever heard about these games. Theirs obviously way more too them and the difficulty honestly just isn’t important anymore compared to how the worlds feel and the mechanics. but the reason anyone picked up the series was because of the “le epic true challenge” shit. Its okay, can we all just admit it to ourselves

The part that bothers me so much is how in Dark Souls threads, they will say "it isn't about the difficulty, it's about the atmosphere", but the moment you go to another thread any action game, these people will say "LOLOLOLOL x is easy game, dark souls is so much harder dude wtf are you talking about" and just generally shit up a thread because they feel a sense of insecurity.

If you think getting achievements is a sign of finishing the game, then you're probably the loser in this situation, user. I don't give two shits about the "padding" in the game, because like I said it's all completely optional. It's not like when you played Dark Souls 1 and were forced to play through the garbage that was Seath's Dungeon and the Tomb of the Giants.

Remember that those games came out when trend of treating player like absolute single digit IQ droolong retard was an absolute peak, and not handholding player already made them "difficult" in comparison to contemporary AAA slop. If anything we should be grateful to Dark Souls popularity that this trend didn't get even worse.

even sekiro feels like a joke after ER, maybe ER was made to be played using summons and magic stuff. well.. at least it was a good training for autist like me who used like 2% of the game tools

>Schizo rambling about achievements and not the 90 hours played
Take your meds. Sorry I didn't redo the same copy pasta dungeons again and again. I played what the game had to offer while doing as minimal tedious content as possible, the game is padded by the time you reach the Mountaintops.

Ds1 is awful to replay. Magical first time playthough but people only come back to it to invade.
Demon souls and ds2 are both way better at just being pick up anytime video games that are far more replayable.
Like god imagine having to go pick up the doll again or trek all the way though the depths *puke* and your only reward for besting anor lando is a shit 2nd half
The npc questlines are also the most obnoxious in 1, demon souls didn’t really have questlines besides the assassin one i guess but you least kept running into them no matter what and ds2 questlines are actually completable without a guide so its a nice change of pace is in a playthough. Meanwhile in 1 you talk to a guy once maybe see him one more time and without a guide thats it. You will never stumble onto that character again, really lame.

i like the souls games but just generally everyone here feels the need to compare them to every game discussed when they are only tangentially comparable

>If you think getting achievements is a sign of finishing the game
Oh, it's one of those precious snowflakes. Let me guess, the proper metric for finishing the game is abiding by your challenge run houserules that you made up last month.

>your only reward for besting anor lando is a shit 2nd half
Yeah but in DS2 the entire game is the shit 2nd half of DS1 outside the DLCs.

By the time you reach the mountaintops you're already at the end of the fucking game, you moron.

I genuinely feel you are describing two different groups of people here, but I honestly can't be sure. There is probably some overlap between them, though.

I only dislike replaying DaS1 because magic builds only become fun 75% of the way through the game

this 100%
the souls series has only excelled in exploration, once you know whats around each corner it becomes really dull.

DS1 is great to replay because planning your path through the world is really damn satisfying.

>and your only reward for besting anor lando is a shit 2nd half
Why do people conflate post-Anor Londo with "just Lost Izalith"? Izalith is irredeemable shit, there is no way around it. But Tomb of Giants is great, Duke's Archives is good, New Londo is great and the DLC area is fantastic.

Nah but i dont feel like turning this into a ds2 thread but even most of ds1 early game is just not really fun on top of a really awful 2nd half. Theirs nothing in ds2 that comes close to how bad or boring places like tomb of the giants and seeths archives.
even black gulch the worse level in ds2 is only 5 seconds long so I don’t really care.
Depths
Lower undead burg
Forest
Hollow tree and ashlake
Are all just terrible snooze inducing early game ds1 areas

>Mountaintops
>Consecrated Snowfield
>Haligtree
>Crumbling Farum Azula
>Ashen Capital
Unless you want to pretend Consecrated Snowfield and Haligtree doesn't exist (funny how even fromniggers want to pretend this place doesn't exist), you have 5 more zones, mountaintops is hardly the end of the game.
Go to any Nioh and Dragons Dogma thread for example and you will see these people shit up the threads saying they are "Shit games because they are so easy unlike dark souls".

>Theirs nothing in ds2 that comes close to how bad or boring places like tomb of the giants and seeths archives.
There's every level in the vanilla game. Plus the multiplayer sections of the Iron and Ivory king DLCs

Haligtree is AIDS, but optional. Azula, is optional. If you want to beat them to say you beat them, then sure. But don't act like you have to return to these places when you're replaying, because you're an idiot for saying so.

I'd have more respect if he shit on the game with 20 hours and no achievements because then I'd know he just didn't like it. If you're saying how shit the game is when you went out of your way to fucking get all the endings and find all the spells and armaments, then you're a colossal fucking faggot

>Go to any Nioh and Dragons Dogma thread for example and you will see these people shit up the threads saying they are "Shit games because they are so easy unlike dark souls".
Sure, but I feel like the people who say this are not the same people who say "Souls is about adventure and atmosphere, not about difficulty." I agree that Souls has some absolute shitbags of fans who shit up other threads. I just don't think they are the same people as the chill Souls fans.

>Tomb of Giants
>great

Boy I sure do love pitch fucking black levels and schizo dog skeletons everywhere ready to knock me off to my death at a moment’s notice. Nito is shit too, just hug his side and poise tank the fuck out off him, great gameplay.

Haligtree is optional, but if that is the best thing you can say about the end game is "You can skip the garbage content", that is not a shining endorsement in my eyes, it has a major boss and perhaps a few items that might be valuable for certain builds (but I am just assuming here).
Azula is not optional, you have to do Godskin Duo and Maliketh, which the former is cancer.
Like okay, maybe if you want to skip and beeline everything and just rush to the finish, sure mountaintops is close to the end, but if you have reached this point mentally, then that means people are getting exhausted of the game.

Maybe you are right fren, but part of my is that cynical.

Nope. Literally rather play any ds2 level over half of ds1
Name a ds2 level thats bad or boring.
I give you black gultch but again its only like 5 seconds long. So yeah its shit but least its not obnoxious, shit, and long.
And before you start
Shrine of amara is a great level that could of easily been a demons souls from how well it executed its idea.
only retards got filitered by it. Its an extremely interesting, and beautiful area with a decent unique challenge that had multiple ways to clear it. You can block, bow the range enemies, use a torch removing your block to see the cliffs easier, or simply git gud and dodge.
Meanwhile in ds1 at around the same time your playing fucking tomb of the giants. A ugly dark cave with infinite poise enemies that try to knock you into insta kill holes.
Obnoxious, long, and just bad

>Boy I sure do love pitch fucking black levels and schizo dog skeletons everywhere ready to knock me off to my death at a moment’s notice.
Yeah, it sounds fantastic. Bring a light, my dude.

>Name a ds2 level thats bad or boring.
Every level in the vanilla game, plus the multiplayer areas of iron king and ivory king.

>Shrine of amara is a great level that could of easily been a demons souls from how well it executed its idea.
Demon's Souls levels were well-executed and also not shit in concept. "A wide open room with a bunch of ranged enemies" is a shit concept, because it ends up exactly how it is in the final game - tediously working your way between each enemy or just sprinting the rough the area. Neither of those options is fun or interesting. Unlike Demon's Souls levels.

Okay so just shitposting with no real opinion, and just parroting shit like a braindead retard.
Gotcha

Awesome, I can see a grand total of 2 extra feet, thanks user. It’s very telling that they never brought that shit back in any other game and nothing you can ever say will change that.

It's not really shitposting, DS2 levels are just bland and boring with retarded barely-realized gimmicks at best.

>The fun part of the game is becoming better at it, particularly in a holistic way, not necessarily knowing every individual enemies attack or position on the map but knowing the rules of how the game is designed.
So basically something Tekken does way better and isn't gimped by being able to just level to faceroll the game

What? There are literally sections in Elden Ring where you want a torch because of how damn dark some of the dungeons can get.
>NOOOOOOOO THAT ISN'T YOUR REAL OPINION
Cope, the multiplayer areas of all three dlcs are trash, especially the third one with lightning reindeers and a massive fucking run to the boss.

I FUCKING HATE HATE HATE RETARDS WHO GO ON ABOUT MUH HARD DARK SOULS GAMES
The exploration and atmosphere are what made them exciting retards. Dark Souls 3 was the hardest but also the worst

You do know demon souls did that same idea in shrine of storms 4-2, right user?
Range enemies spamming you from out of reach and nah shrine of amara is good.
You just got filitered, its literally more interesting and well thought out then 90% of ds1 levels with only blighttown providing any bit of interesting challenge thst isn’t too obnoxious.
You can just block, and theirs plwnty of walls for breathers or just sinply roll at the right time you fucking scrub
Why do most ds2 complaints just sound like unironic filtering?

>FGC crying for relevance
Fighting games are boring and nobody cares about them.

Yea Forums is full of try hards.

You have to consider the fact that Dark souls 1 came out during the peak of the "QTE infested cinematic brown fps with regenerating health" era. The average gamer brain was so rotten they couldn't even manage to consider the idea that going to the catacombs first was bad without a mission/quest pointer telling them what to do. So of course when the game became popular thank to e-celebs everyone started losing their shit that they actually had to use a bit of their brain to play a videogame

filtered

>just block the endless spam of homing soul arrows, underwater demons, and priest tracking you from across the fucking map

Look, I'll defend Dark Souls 2 to just about anyone, but Amana is just bullshit. The only way to beat it is with patience and if you just run through knowing exactly where the roads are that don't drop off the fucking map.

It's not hard, it was just hard to people who were used to movie games.

Obviously the game gets fucking easy when you've played it already in addition to playing like five of the exact same game.
If you know what you're doing you can literally just run through everything

>Why do most ds2 complaints just sound like unironic filtering?
Because when you conjure up strawmans in your head, you can believe almost anything. Shrine of Amana has annoying enemies that just spam, limited mobility, floors that are hard to distinguish from a hole and then worst of all, a strange frog condom boss.

>You do know demon souls did that same idea in shrine of storms 4-2, right user?
Yeah, but unlike DS2 the level itself is well designed and the attacks aren't tracking. If you stay moving or pay attention to visual tells, or use stealth, you can get through. Then there's a real level beyond that. It's also a narrow cliffside and not a big empty room.
>You just got filitered
By an easy level?
>its literally more interesting and well thought out then 90% of ds1 levels
Factually incorrect. 90% of DS1 levels aren't empty rooms with literally no level design and a bunch of ranged enemies.
>thst isn’t too obnoxious.
Filtered.
>You can just block
Sure but why would you do that when you can just run through? It's not like the projectiles are actually a threat since it's just a big empty room with nothing in it anyway.
>just sinply roll at the right time you fucking scrub
Wow you mean THE LITERAL THING I SAID IN MY POST? Holy shit user, thanks for telling me about this super secret tech I didn't know about.
>Why do most ds2 complaints just sound like unironic filtering?
Because you twist the words in every post so that they sound like that by ignoring everything but the fact that there's a complaint, which to you, means someone is filtered.
Have you considered that by your standards, you objecively were filtered by the entirety of DS1, the easiest game in the series?