Reminding Elden Ring drones how actually good combat looks like

Reminding Elden Ring drones how actually good combat looks like.

Attached: monster hunter.webm (864x480, 2.89M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xt5yBib9Zas
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Looks like fucking mmo gameplay

Problem is From Soft is hoarding the best artists in Japan and has a line to the best english voice actors in video games so they don't need to have exciting gameplay.

which MMO? that would be fucking great

>hoarding the best artists in Japan
how do they do it? fromsoft has low wages and shit working conditions

Final Fantasy 14 is pretty similar

>low wages and shit working conditions
That's just Japan in general so I guess From just lucked out

Okay, but I've done enough quest completions with every weapon worth playing and I'm tired of spamming FQ's custom shit over and over for no fucking reason.

Because they are monhun fanboys, and willing to get railed in the ass to work on the game that they love.

>boss only has 2 attacks
wow really in depth and captivating

still gonna play elden ring

lol
lmao
monhun is more boring than watching paint dry.

Yeah and you just sit back and watch him do his five gorillion hit combo, waiting for him to finish so you can sneak in your 1 attack while he has 50 different ones he can pull out at any moment

If you want good combat play a fighting game. Everyone plays by the same rules, if it’s well designed you don’t have to wait for your opponent’s turn to end before you get to attack, everyone gets the same number of moves

i cant wait til mhw2 i just hope they outdo themselves and make it bigger and better. and no gimmicky monsters like alatreon. every weapon should always be viable. skill matters not gear.

I see you haven't played either.

>stand in one spot and charge an attack while the boss whiffs everything
now this is combat

>baby blanket
lol

I kinda felt the same way with Elden Ring. Projectiles will home in on you and positioning basically means nothing since the boss and you are basically tab targeted onto each other so they can just spin to your location regardless if you're right behind them or not. Elden ring does it slightly worse though since at least in mmos if you get behind a wall enemies can't attack through it.

>Sidesteps
>Attack misses
>Monster doesn't stand in air for 5 minutes swerving towards you
??????????????????????????

you have no idea how lucky or skilled the player in that vid is. and i doubt you could replicate it either.

wow! he memorized that bosses moves so well...

Troon, you made this exact thread earlier. You're supposed to vary the titles a bit to make it less obvious

dragon's dogma online

>Nooo, its deep combat system!
Take your meds, shizo

yeah it would be insanely boring trying to replicate that shit

>charge animation just so happens to dodge attack
>hits monster for 5% of it's health
>WOAH EPIC HITBOXES ELDEN RING SURE DOES STINK HUH?

So you're just gonna keep spamming this same thread huh?
Capcom keeps the best artists, sorry user
>Everyone plays by the same rules
Yeah you and the 6ton behemoth, you realize how stupid that is right?

Attached: Monster_Hunter_Frontier_G_2022.02.08_-_12.37.48.92.DVR.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

this looks terrible

>niohfags can't cope
>mhfags can't cope
feels good being an Eldenchad

>not hammer

dropped

Attached: 1634710903054.gif (368x265, 1.73M)

t. didn't play a single mmo

I've done the 2nd punish a couple of times. It's mostly a matter of estimating how much space you need for the attack to whiff. The first punish where he dodges with the slinger burst back step is pure lucksack.

Game companies take advantage of their employees all the time due to high competition to work in the game industry and the prestige that comes with working in a big studio. I'd imagine this is multiplied by magnitudes in Japan.

Playing these pieces of shit is like working a really fucking boring job. The fights are the worst part: Trivially easy, uninteresting and drag on forever

This is unironically way better than what fromsoft has ever done. Their only good games gameplay-wise have been Bloodborne due to the gun parry and dash evade being better than rolling and Sekiro for basically being a fucking awesome rhythm game. Souls and elden shit are trash roll-spam garbage. I would argue Dragon's Dogma did it better than souls and that shit came out years ago.

If this webm was souls or elden ring, you wouldn't be rewarded for playing well with a huge sword. You would have to roll for 5 minutes and attack once maybe.

Not even the same genre

It is, OP is retarded

Monhun IS an MMO

Sekiro and Elden Ring were developed simultaneously so that explains why Elden Ring "regressed" back to their old boring system.

>nu-MH MMO chink marvel garbage
You're not playing Monster Hunter if it's a title past 3U

where is the good?

Attached: MH.png (500x1157, 312.85K)

MonHun and From games have extremely similar comba thought. It's all about memorizing the music sheet of boss patterns and punishing accordingly. The main difference is that MonHun chiefly focuses on positioning and spacing, whereas Souls focuses on timing (it used to focus more heavily on positioning though). Monhun has better bosses, but then that's basically the extent of the game. An attempt to force dueling fan-bases is kind of weird, since they're both fun and successful.

Attached: irohtea.jpg (200x200, 7.18K)

>MonHun and From games have extremely similar comba thought.
????????????????????????????

>they have the same combat except they're completely different
what in the fuck man go to sleep, you're delusional

ER for the nintendo gamecube

so you stand there and charge an attack for 5 sec while the boss spasts out and misses every attack, then you bonk and repeat. cool game there.nptax

Attached: pepeg.png (128x128, 28.38K)

>I am bad at Dark Souls
OK

Attached: 1514936891319.png (1153x823, 126.78K)

>what in the fuck man go to sleep,
Can't sleep, drinking tea.

I like From games, Nioh, DMC, and Monster Hunter. There's no point in being divisive with these games when you can all come together and laugh at the western garbage that all of these games humiliate.

Attached: 1643053675988.gif (320x240, 1.13M)

Reminding monhunfags how actually good combat looks like.

Attached: 1646021524472.webm (570x320, 2.94M)

>learn pattern and punish during windows of opportunity
wow you just described half the games ever made

>Massive Monster Online game
yeah checks out

I'm a come n' go MH fan, started on the PS1, dabbled on the psp, came back for world on the pc.
How would you guys feel about if they made a MH that was geared to play like a souls game?
Linear world instead of maps, a lot more/varied enemies to clown for materials, maybe a soul system called 'monster juice' or some shit.
I think it'd be nice, and after they sort've shit out Rise i dont think itd hurt the franchise to goof around for one

Babies first hard 3rd person action game pipeline usually goes:
Souls -> MH
youtu.be/xt5yBib9Zas

Based Great SwordCHAD

Attached: Gigachad 01.png (929x1200, 534.94K)

If I've learnt anything from Nioh, it's that trying to turn a game that isn't a souslike into one is a bad idea. That system wasn't meant for Souls, and neither is this. The entire game is about beating up the same boss monster again and again for parts. Doesn't really work in a souls format.

>Posts Worldshit instead of real Monster Hunter
casual baby shitter.

>Doesn't understand high IQ control of spacing

Many such cases for the mimic tear user

>MonHun and From games have extremely similar comba thought.

Attached: Don't ever say SHAZAM in my car ever again.gif (380x352, 2.31M)

This looks slow, clunky and frustrating. The complete opposite of combat, I bet when u do an attack it takes forever and ur stuck in the animation until it finally finishes or u get hit out of the animation. Absolute shit combat.

Attached: 1DB28375-2598-446A-B8A5-EA0295085190.jpg (741x688, 412.12K)

Classic MH's gameplay is janky as fuck. Tri and 3rd improved the series immensely.

were you talking about monster hunter or elden ring?

>punishing
>spacing
>timing

stop talking about as if they were fighting games or some shit holy fuck

also monhun absolutely destroys fromtranny games in combat