Was it Kino?

never got to play it

Attached: 518uq9OjX4L._SY445_.jpg (320x445, 34.95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DmM3V7uuj84
m.youtube.com/watch?v=8sgmb1najCo
youtu.be/1dwscPyntdQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i havent even played the first story

My copy's been sitting in Japan for two years because of COVID shipping restrictions

xsneed

>never got to play it
>Wii game
???

it was aight

Soon by way of hacked Wii, just felt like starting a convo about this game that I havent seen mentioned on the last few years.

that's it?'

it's ok

>there will never be a Last Story 2
well at least Sakaguchi didn't fuck that part of it up like he did with Final Fantasy

Well play it now.

I remember liking the stealth mechanics
also there was a big turtle

any better than lost odyssey?

>Drakengard characters
>has a happy ending
It's alright but I was bored with it by Chapter 24, the highlight of the game is the Vampire boss which is also one of the few you can fight in multiplayer iirc

>Final Fantasy
>Last Story
What's next? Concluding Tale?

I got it and a dusty copy of baroque during the covid for a few bucks.

we can only hope

could you imagine if they made this a final fantasy spin off instead of its own ip? do you think it would have been more popular?

ehh. its was alright but better than 50% of the stuff that came out right now. above average jrpg story of political stuff happening but only if you play it undubbed

>>has a happy ending

Did it? Their world was still falling apart, if I recall. They just came more to terms with the chaos it was causing.

didnt things look more hopeful now that the mana draining space stones ere leaving, letting the world recover?

Maybe. It's been a long time since I played it. I just remember how everything outside the kingdom was falling apart and their friend is actually bad because he wants to take revenge on all the people who were living in comfort while everyone suffers.

>Voice over is all bri'ish garbage
>Kino
No

This one ended up on my backlog along the rest of the Operation Rainfall games. For those not aware, Op Rainfall was a fan campaign to get JP ONRY Wii titles at the time released in NA/EU - the most famous is of course Xenoblade Chronicles , but Pandora's Tower an The Last Story were the other two; with all released the campaign was a success!

All 3 games turned out well, but if you want the better JP audio you'll have to grab an Undub for The Last Story and Pandora's Tower (Xenoblade Chronicles can of course be played best of all on the Definitive Edition via Switch instead, which thankfully has the original language intact). I'm to understand that The Last Story works well in Dolphin, but it even supports some sort of online multiplayer; I wonder if that can be emulated either from some sort of faux-online matchmaking and/or Steam Remote Play sort of local simulation

get fucked, faggot

i own it, but never played it because it didnt work on my wii

You had jap voices in xenoblade on wii.

Kinda crazy how all 3 games were released in NA but just came and went, with the exception of Xenoblade obviously which went on to become a franchise, though not a very popular one. These games got more attention during the rainfall fan campaign than they did when the fans actually got them

the english version had british voices

Its on my backlog for years now, even got the wii mote thing for pc.
Theres just something stopping me from playing it even though it looks interesting

What's the problem. If you don't like english dub just use the jap one.

I have the limited edition of this that I got for $30. Never played it.

by the time they released in the west, everyone that wanted them either had a imported copy or letter bombed/jailbroke their wii to play it. wish it had come sooner, or better yet that they came at all so i could have gotten them, but it is what it is.

Xenoblade was the best of them and was kind of more special since Nintendo published it in NA themselves while other people published the other ones. Nintendo really did not want these games to come out in North America even after the campaign was successful.

Go play Pandora's Tower NOW.

Attached: 017.png (1448x831, 1.5M)

Man I dunno why but whenever she ate the meat it made me mad horny.

The game definitely has fetish content in it.

You want your monster gf? Here she is!

Attached: dirty cursed gf.png (1013x569, 444.04K)

>start feeding her meat
>she vegan and throws up at first
>literally orgasms after every bite soon enough
fuck, that game really did things to me.

7/10

Solid but forgettable game. Go for it if you have nothing else to do and like the genre.

Her eating habits reflect her monstrous nature!

Attached: 1630400266879.png (1919x1079, 2.18M)

>Nintendo really did not want these games to come out in North America
always wondered why they do that with a lot of games. its not they had controversial content or anything.

NoA was really set on keeping the Wii as casual and family friendly as possible and didn't think the games would appeal to their newfound demographic. Why they picked those three games specifically is unknown. Maybe because they're all RPGs and would take more resources to localize than they cared to allocate.

Attached: 1636367216647.png (278x499, 237.42K)

Combat needed more polish but overall is a short and sweet game. And somehow they managed to have a love story without falling for the usual japanese bullshit. Final boss is great

>tfw both last story and pandora tower dev companies got reduced to making irrelevant mobile games

feelsbad

Attached: 314.png (449x1080, 1.06M)

At least it eventually came out, but yeah its frustrating. For once a campaign/petition worked though so that was neat, and it was before the days of anything getting nixed because Twitter managed to get mad or whatever.

Xenoblade was the one exception for I think... PAL localization? For some reason I want to say that PAL had them but NA didn't but I could be wrong about that.

Yeah, its too bad they didn't get more from it. This was kind of an experimental time for Mistwalker, which also gave rise to Xbox360 JRPGs Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, and The Last Remnant (which amazingly came to PC - I have it on Steam but there's a "at the request of the publisher SE its unlisted and nobody can buy it" sort of message now. ). Games like some of the Rainfall campaign titles and Lost Odyssey should get remake/definitive edition titles released on PC much like Nier Replicant etc. Lost Odyssey in particular was sort of a strange part of history in that it was a Mistwalker JRPG on the fucking X360 at a time when XBAWKS = MERICA was a heavy meme.

>Xenoblade was the one exception for I think... PAL localization? For some reason I want to say that PAL had them but NA didn't but I could be wrong about that.
I played it on PAL and it had jap voice, idk about NA.

>the worst possible ending in Pandora's Tower
youtu.be/DmM3V7uuj84

booba

Attached: 006.jpg (830x1170, 314.71K)

>LAST
>2

That’s the joke retard.

I enjoyed it though it has some issues. For one the main characters aren't really that interesting though the side characters were pretty cool at least. Frame rate was rubbish, I swear it dropped at 5fps at times.

Operation Rainfall was NA only and had nothing to do with the EU releases. Obviously they still took credit for them.

>and was kind of more special since Nintendo published it in NA themselves
Not exactly true either. Nintendo published it through Gamestop as a GS exclusive. Something GS took advantage of by selling them for a higher price.

Attached: three reasons why to play Pandora's Tower.png (709x403, 491.75K)

I remember this game causing some kind of stir because the Manin character, Aeron and his GF, Elena have apparently have the same hairstyle as Noctis.

Yeah, it's true.

Attached: FNGlIXVWQAgU4HK.jpg (1536x2048, 575.71K)

It's alright. Nice music.

I knew it!!
LMAO!!

Would this game have sold well, if it were released on PS3 as well?
That console had motion controls as well.

It definitely would have sold better if it weren't licensed by Nintendo. The game sadly came out during a period when the Wii was already on its last leg. The re-release on the Wii U via the eshop also was an unfortunate thing due to the console pretty much being a failure.

I'm absolutely convinced that this game could get the attention it deserves if it was properly re-released on the Switch. The motion controls aren't even mandatory since the game was made with controller support in mind, it works without any problems on emulators.

Attached: 316.jpg (900x900, 833.99K)

Always nice to have Uematsu for the OST. Favorite track here:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=8sgmb1najCo

This one has to be his best track in the game:
youtu.be/1dwscPyntdQ