Played elden ring for 30 hours or so, beat the fire giant, at this point severely losing interest due to shitty levels...

>played elden ring for 30 hours or so, beat the fire giant, at this point severely losing interest due to shitty levels, pointless open world and fighting the same gargoyles over and over
>combat feels unrewarding, every enemy is a bloodborne spammer
>think i'm just burn out by the souls formula, only played a few hours in the past week
>decide to give the OG demon's souls a try on RPCS3
>actually having fun again and can't put the game down
Did I just not "get" Elden Ring or what's up?

Attached: demon_4k-2060x1159.jpg (2060x1159, 363.74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thearchstones.com/serverinfo.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>concern troll thread #349 today

I had a similar experience except with sekiro not demon souls. ER just has too much bullshit.

I could break it down but to put it simply Demon's Souls is a better game.

That's good, demon souls and Bloodborne are the only good souls games, Elden Ring does everything wrong and it's full of woke shit, I'm glad you are enjoying the best souls game but you should get a real PS3, that's a way better experience, emulation always seem so souless specially when they are great games.

Real PS3 here, game runs like ass, don't listen to this tool.

>but you should get a real PS3, that's a way better experience, emulation always seem so souless specially when they are great games.
That's stupid.

i did the same thing but after 10 hours of elden ring. it's amazing how much better demons souls is than i remembered it being

>30 hours to the fire giant
You didn't reach it and you're lying.

linearity works the best for souls games, i've never been an open world guy but was optimistic since fromsoft games are some of my all-time favourites
but yeah, open world REALLYYYYY doesn't work for the genre is all
i've said this in a few other threads, the main point a lot of normies hit you with is "B-BUT THE EXPLORATION IS SO REWARDING!"
bro im playing a souls-like game, im here for the fun asf combat and boss fights not the fuckin empty ass open world

Can't honestly play jap vidya anymore due to the amount US cocksucking japs do.

I stick to russian and chinese vidya right now.

After putting 200 hours in Elden Ring, I decided to go back and finish DS1/DS3 and now doing another new game on Code Vein.

Elden Ring definitely was easier than DS3 in so many ways, Friede filtered me hard but not as much as Midir.

Attached: gsa.png (650x652, 199.83K)

You are just in denial your Dota Office machine doesn't have such superior games compared to Eldenshit.
I'm not, I'm just really fast
Come home souls man and play some Bloodborne because clearly Elden Ring is the flop of the year
This is true, Elden Ring is trash
>character creator makes you select body type A/B
>you play as a virgin
>the tree sentinels are 100% aryans who wear variants of the same golden armor, they want to kill you on sight
>every time they kill you they say "such an inferior being, will do good soap"
>The final boss is a tranny who is revealed to be the actual hero who is trying to protect the world from the actual villain which is a conservative white woman who insist on calling you with female or male pronouns despite no one else doing this.
>The helpful NPCs are all black who have white maidens by their side
>One of the gestures in the game is a strange mix between praise the sun and twerking
>All of the dungeons have female bosses, you often will beat a creature and then a stronger female boss will appear.
>There's a mention of gamergate (it's very subtle)
>One of the NPCs references Rosa Parks
>When you get the option to change your appearance (yes even gender) an NPC will tell you "I'm glad you are proud of who you really are"
>there's a BLM mural inside a cave that is all way to end of the world, the description says "a painting dedícated to those brave warriors outiside of the Elden Ring" once you find this you can get an armor called "Armor of St. King" (reference to Rodney King, victim of Police brutality)
There's lots of other shit fromsoft crammed in here just to tell us that they are pro white genocide and hate their audience

>imma reply to everyone!
kek ok way to out yourself as a discord spammer.

incredible post

How many more weeks are you going to keep doing this?

Demon's Souls is so easy it's like playing a hack and slash, the combat really hasn't gotten better with age. I much prefer the "bullshit" in future Souls titles, at least the enemies are engaging. Demon's Souls also has terrible bosses.

^Snoys are fucking mentally ill

demons souls is old, but it still plays perfectly fine and the gameplay feels modern enough

You are a dumbass motherfucker, I think Elden Ring is prolly GOTY, but I just don't like the politics that japs suck US's cock.

I support white genocide btw, worst race on Earth.

>It's the discord tranny AGAIN

The only one with a mentally ill it's you for not playing such incredible games like Demon Souls and Bloodborne.

There's nothing wrong with wanting an easier experience, and that doesn't reflect badly on Elden Ring.
Personally, I think the game is a bit too Long-form for how difficult it is. Most people wouldn't be able to handle 200 hours of very difficult content, even if they space it over the course of a few months. Not to mention that there are a lot of builds I want to try, but it'll take an obscenely long time to get to them all just because of how much of a time investment this game takes to complete.
I can't even imagine how much harder it would be if I didn't have experience beating every souls game (except bloodborne) before going into Elden Ring. Personally, this might be because of my build, but I think it's the hardest in the series.

>im playing a souls-like game, im here for the fun asf combat and boss fights
At least half of the enjoyment in Souls games is the atmosphere, art direction, ...
In that sense, an open world makes perfect sense for Souls games.

Also, dungeon crawling and boss fights get pretty intense; especially in Souls games.
An open world is the perfect complement to that.

Fuckin idiot.

The game falls apart after lyndell, I had to force myself to complete it.

>I'm glad you are enjoying the best souls game but you should get a real PS3, that's a way better experience
WTF man?
Have you played Demon's Souls at 60fps?
I got the platinum trophy on PS3 but I will never go back and play it on that garbage hardware.

>Personally, this might be because of my build, but I think it's the hardest in the series
ER, like all souls games, is only hard if you limit yourself. There's a million busted builds and tactics to trivialize the games.

>playing an emulated modern game
do Zoomers really?

>30 hours
>firegiant

you rushing the game

STR greatshield knight here, my build definitely worked much better than the very same thing in DS3. You would not believe that kind of shit you can block, and at how little cost.
Radahn's arrow rain? It's OK, I don't need to run, I'll just hold my shield forward and magically block all the arrows coming from above. It just works(tm)

Fuck white people, they should be genocided!

You didn't, the hardware is perfect for the time and you simply got spoiled by new tech.
Except Bloodborne which is why you should go play that instead of Eldenshit
Yes they do, it's despicable these little shits don't want a true gaming experience specially with such a great console like the PS3
So what? Who's gonna stop me? The game allowed me to do so, i had fun doing it, it's my fault Eldenshit was made that way.
You didn't beat the game.

>So what?
So you're an idiot.

>such a great console like the PS3
PS3 was an absolutely miserable piece of hardware.

I honestly don't blame you OP. I'm about 35 hours in, level 71, and kind of at a point where I have to find something interesting to want to play for more than a few hours. Various catacombs and side dungeons just don't interest me, fighting multiple copy pasted bosses with one new move or more health is unappealing, and the damage scaling feels like enemies go from smacking you with pool noodles to 2 shotting you within a hop, skip, and a jump away from one another. I've had to play in small spurts because I'm afraid of being burnt out. Game feels too long for what for it is, while other Fromsoft games really stood out for being the perfect length for a playthrough and having strong replay factor because of it.

I'm happy for the people that love the game and are going to do a hundred replays, but it's a mixed bag for me. I don't think it's downright awful either, I just have a hard time coming back to it over and over again.

This is a spambot.

>I just have a hard time coming back to it over and over again
... he says about the Souls game with the greatest variety in enemies, bosses, environments, viable builds, etc.

its more simple than you think

you like familiar better than new because youre autistic, you like retracing steps and re-establishing mental palaces and shit.

>falseflagger fromdrone with his copypasta again

Im just better than you
Your parent think the same about you, and they were right.
Yeah i also hated elden ring, i just don't get the appeal, why are chuds so obsessed with Elden Ring?
More like sexbot
>greatest variation
not it isn't, Bloodborne had better variation.
Or maybe demon souls is just a better game.

That's a copypasta, thread's over. Op didn't play the game, he's just a shitposting tranny.

>Or maybe demon souls is just a better game.
argue why or you are just conceding

Elden Ring isn't worth playing past limegrave, you've experienced the entire game by then.

I also liked dark souls 2

Attached: 1648828639521.jpg (720x1080, 515.39K)

had the opposite experience with ER and DS3
the movement and combat feels so polished and varied now that it's hard to downgrade

>soulless posters are retarded
shocking

it's the same retard trying to reflect any ER criticism in a bad light because he can't cope with the fact that the game is a massive disappointment.
Stop replying to him

Certainly doesn't feel like it. You're probably going to argue that generic soldiers with different colors are separate enemies when they're really not. Godrick soldiers are exactly the same as cuckoo, which are then exactly the same as Leyndell ones. ER has tons of fake, smoke&mirroes kind of variety.

>the hardware is perfect for the time and you simply got spoiled by new tech.
>new tech
More like better tech. And no, the PS3 was only good on paper. It was never practical to develop video games for and 90% of multi plats had their worst version on PS3. There were only a handful of exclusives that utilized the PS3's potential, and Demon's Souls was not one of them.

>stop replying to him

Attached: 1643764228156.png (395x588, 154.75K)

What the fuck?
Aren't you at least gonna thank me for reading your blog?
Go fuck yourself.

but dude, elden ring has like 12 different types of dog enemies that are completely unique!

Open world is the very fucking antithesis of good dungeon crawling. You can't build a good dungeon when you have to copy-paste a gazillion assets over an otherwise empty map.

Now THIS is falseflagging

Attached: file.png (876x374, 408.52K)

Why do people so vehemently defend this game? It's good but I can understand being overwhelmed and burnt out from a completionist's standpoint, especially if you tend to wander. It's like a huge checklist of shit to get done, some of it in a very specific order except it's not nearly as cut and dry as the significantly more contained paths of the earlier games. I didn't even get stuck at a boss, I just stopped playing because compulsively scouring the map burnt me the fuck out.

It's discord tranny(you'll never be a woman btw op) who's falseflagging and didn't even play the game.

>Open world is the very fucking antithesis of dungeon crawling
It's very different, which is why it's a great complement.

I liked elden ring, pretty comfy, anyway if you guys don't like it and are enjoying demon souls why are you here? Go on and play some more demon souls its a fantastic game too!

Attached: kuroneko laugh.png (254x360, 90.8K)

>Certainly doesn't feel like it.
What are you, a woman?
The raw numbers say so, feelings have nothing to do with it.

>Bloodborne had better variation.
>DaS2 had better variation

Absolutely not.

Based enjoyer of fantasy

Attached: 1276576533454.jpg (1680x1050, 1M)

>discusses a subjective piece of entertainment
>uh ackshually the numbers!!
Charge your batteries, bot.

>Code Vein
based

It's not a generic open world game for starters.
This, infact you are better off not playing elden ring at all, it's just a waste of time
Better than Eldenshit but worse than demon souls
Ikr, how can DS3 feel so much better despite being years older than ER
My soul wasn't that valuable anyway
I'm OP, I'm simply one of you
This, all generic knights everywhere, wtf Fromsoft even DS2 made this better
I bet you never owned one
What if you fuck me instead? My vagina craves some dick
This, Elden Ring sucks at this and a lot of other aspects no one is talking about.
I feel ya, this game is just not good, it's awful, worse than breath of the wild, hell i even like horizon a lot better than this and horizon was trash
I did, and in my 30hr playthrough i was better than all of you and i didn't even liked it
It isn't
No you didn't, you are just coping for not having better games to play.
Maybe i am, who knows really
Cringe loathsome Eldenshit eater
They don't fit ln my ass anymore

Variety isn't subjective.

>Did I just not "get" Elden Ring or what's up?
no it sounds like you got it.
i think the majority of praise you hear from the game is from people that haven't beaten stormveil yet or it's from people who are playing their first fromsoft game. the simple fact is that the other games have a vastly superior playthrough. the only thing you can say elden ring excels at is its aesthetics

Attached: 1647895745360.webm (640x640, 1.34M)

This, i understand completely, i wish Elden Ring flopped because now every upcoming Ubisoft game will be an Elden ring knockoff

You got the online working right?
It takes less than 2 minutes and you don't have to download anything extra.
thearchstones.com/serverinfo.html

It very much is. You can have 30 car brands on the road and it doesn't matter - when they all look like VW Tiguan, there is effectively no variety.

Attached: 1623764135.gif (500x325, 1.59M)

>30 hours
>beat the fire giant
Shazamtrannies getting trolled again.

Attached: 1649137341923.jpg (224x224, 11.17K)