Return To Monkey Island announced. Ron Gilbert and Dave Grossman are back...

Return To Monkey Island announced. Ron Gilbert and Dave Grossman are back. Curse of Monkey Island and the following games are no longer canon.

Attached: Return To Monkey Island.jpg (1040x585, 81.36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sahskKAxSCY
rexcrowle.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TMS_Entertainment
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mook_Animation
youtube.com/watch?v=VhLNyLGJIYU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=sahskKAxSCY

>Curse of Monkey Island and the following games are no longer canon

lol

How you like your new art direction bro?

Attached: rex_crowle04.jpg (900x550, 165.16K)

>NOOOOOOOO CARTOONY GRAPHICS ARE BAD IT NEEDS TO LOOK LIKE MUH AAA GAMES

it's not that Normies and kids are unable to detect anything wrong with it, they simply don't know better. Kids grew up with cartoons and video games drawn in computers and completely void of soul and shades.

I can't really blame them. The artist on the other hand. fuck that guy.

Attached: 1631321339609.gif (447x335, 1.97M)

>black person

Pass

Here's your Monkey Island bro
Check out their cool art: rexcrowle.com/

Why even bother, people either won't care, or will play it and just post SOUL/SOULLESS comparisons all day long, regardless of whether they liked the game or not. There's no point in ressurecting an old IP, because there's nothing you can do that won't piss people off.

Pass what?

>the choice for modern monkey island is either vector flash paper-cutout pupptes or ugly animaniacs style

Attached: the-secret-of-monkey-island-special-edition_2015545.jpg (1440x769, 199.26K)

Yeah man, I remember when western cartoons and games looked exactly like your gif.

did NOT see this coming.

>>Curse of Monkey Island and the following games are no longer canon
BASED

>that
>ugly animaniacs style
Have you ever actually seen Animaniacs, or is that just something you default to, because cartoon bad?

i thought we were talking about the art direction, not the in-game graphics.

Attached: 1618559219314.png (1280x720, 1M)

>2022

Well time to replay every monkey island game! I never played tales so that will be fun.

>there's nothing you can do that won't piss people off.
or capture a new audience

what was the secret of monkey island anyway?

I hope it brings serious and decorum back to the series

Attached: govenorphatt.gif (640x400, 176.85K)

Little tangent, but ironically most of the western cartoons that gen x boomers and older millennials endlessly masturbate over were almost all animated in japan.
Either by TMS or by MOOK

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TMS_Entertainment
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mook_Animation
This includes fan favourites as gummy bears, tiny toon adventures, the scooby doo movies where velma actually looked fuckable, swat kats, etc you name it.

Attached: COnHnF3U8AAsNwY.jpg (443x332, 22.47K)

maybe we'll finally find out

>Non cartoony adventure games flopped along with the cartoony ones
>Somehow cartoons are to blame

>literal tumblr noses
hard pass for me bros....

NEVER pay more than $20 for a computer game.

oh god, I'm remembering how Adventure Time this game was and it's giving me PTSD

2 threads in and we've already got 3 posts to become staples in every single thread, so people can have their designated anger sessions. Now we just need a way to tie this to globohomo, the jews and Blackrock, and it'll be perfect. Trannies too, can't forget about that.

Would you prefer a style like pic related over the current guy?

Attached: 1645882320965.jpg (900x1710, 107.01K)

Cartoon guybrush literally looks like a younger version of trump from the tiny toons/animaniacs verse.

Attached: CcZByyFWwAAxV5H.jpg (546x403, 29.71K)

Attached: 2022-04-04_114950.png (1119x878, 279.44K)

>Swat Kats got shat on personally by Ted Turner, so he could push Captain Planet instead
I will legitimately never stop being mad about it.

Cool trivia knowledge.

Attached: 1633891651443.jpg (1200x768, 161.75K)

i want to be excited so fucking bad boomer bros......this fucking art has me wanting to cry

Yes. My ideal style would be the 2000 ILM movie pitch concept art style though.
That's peak perfection.

Do you have vision issues?

pic related

Attached: full20190516223315.jpg (3408x2206, 782.2K)

>tumblr nose
>cartoony

user get your eyes checked, I'm serious. I'm not even going to make fun of the fact that you immediately default to finding Trump in that show, but there is something not right with your sight.

Curse of Monkey Island was best style, needed to stop their and just make it high res

the KFC

Realism should always have been the goal for Monkey Island. Everyone can see that clear as day.

For me, it's the Tales designs done in Purcell's style.

Attached: 1618980043834.jpg (300x360, 166.69K)

>tumblr nose
>in fucking 2000, 7 years before tumblr was even a thing
Meds. For the love of god, meds, right now.

Nope, looked too much like a cartoon.

She looks like that autistic TikTok girl

Attached: 79fc69d27a1f33d87f133405e6e63757.jpg (826x1474, 102.6K)

>an overwhelming majority of the "overly cartoony looking" monkey island games sucked balls and turds
>for some reason the entire fanbase thinks this garrish style is inseparably from monkey island instead of steve purcell's more artful cartoon style
Explain

Attached: tales-of-monkey-island-episode-1-testversion_2014622.jpg (1280x720, 130K)

>red noses are good when not done by tumblr

youtube.com/watch?v=VhLNyLGJIYU

>red noses are bad because people I don't like overused it a decade later

Governor Phatt has Tumblr nose

Attached: govphatt.gif (436x190, 30.04K)

I respect doubling down after making a retarded post.

In the first game the secret was revealed that undead Lechuck was alive under the giant monkey head.
But it was actually revealed in the 2nd game that the secret was that Lechuck was your brother and the first 2 games never happend.
But it was actually revealed in the 3rd game that the above statement was false and their still is a secret but Lechuck wont tell us.
But it was actually revealed in the 4th game that the secret was the giant monkey head being a robot and doing Monkey Kombat.

Attached: 1647983184446.gif (125x125, 7.73K)

You might not like it but this is what the ideal guybrush looks like.

Attached: full20190516223221.png (1468x2069, 1.67M)

Nah

Attached: smug pac man.png (600x600, 41.17K)

The secret is that none of the Monkey Island games were big hits. They got rave reviews, people remember them really fondly, but not a single one of them was anything over a modest hit.

Not autistic btw. Just an attention whore faking mental illness to get zoomer simp money, because zoomers like to fantasize that busted girls somehow will let them court them more than normal girls.

Ok, this would be based

Man you better start responding to yourself with "based" for several posts, because there's no way you'll convince anyone with eyes that that looks like SE Guybrush, and you already won't find a lot of people here who like SE Guybrush.

As Tucker Carlson said on tonight's show: "It pays to be in style"

I wouldn't know, I don't look at tiktok and I don't research its lore. Thanks for that, I guess?

Uuuh stop posting that edgy mature monkey island WERE ZANY AND CARTOONY HERE

Attached: Download.jpg (1024x576, 104.99K)

>Guybrush Chadwood

>entire thread is filled with retarded tranny autists
>dead genre
Wow no surprises here. Almost as if aiming your games at a niche audience of autistic nutbags will result in poor sales.

Monkey Island has always been a sort of cult following type of game, the people who play it love it even if most gamers even back then didn't know or care about it. That's how I've always seen it anyway, maybe I'm wrong.
Has that ever actually happened with one of these remakes?

Attached: 372016b9a448e67290bf6cd3cea4c2dd--monkey-island-chibi.jpg (600x649, 95.76K)

>entire thread is filled with retarded tranny autists
these threads are full of YOUR posts

Would prefer this style over what we will end up getting.

Attached: 1628569289082.jpg (1024x600, 81.66K)

This, we need to get back to the serious roots of Monkey Island, it's the only way to revive adventure games.

Attached: guybrush.jpg (1400x1050, 170.06K)

based homosexuality enjoyer.
>Has that ever actually happened with one of these remakes?
Not likely. Probably mostly nostalgiafags or little siblings of nostalgiafags.

>Curse of Monkey Island and the following games are no longer canon.
>We never got married.
>It was only a dream.
>A beautiful dream.

Attached: Escape_from_Monkey_Island_(PC)_07b.png (640x480, 118.64K)

>he doesn't know the SE haircut isnt even guybrush's original haircut
oof

Attached: 7p467heis5261.jpg (3840x2160, 2.4M)

>The secret is that none of the Monkey Island games were big hits.
IS THAT THE FUCKING SECRET? REALLY???

TUMBLR NOSE

I think you need to double check if you took your clozapine or not

>not pixel
It's shit

Adventure games don't feel like adventure games anymore. Open world games have shattered that idea and accomplished more than they ever could. Hell, Elden Ring has changed gaming forever.

Adventure games are just discrete puzzles. It's just walking around skipping dialogue until you can find the next puzzle the game wants you to do.