After finishing Elden Ring, I decided to replay Dark Souls III, as a pallet cleanser...

After finishing Elden Ring, I decided to replay Dark Souls III, as a pallet cleanser, and oh my word! I couldn't believe what I saw!

>Bosses didn't deliver constant strings of 20 hit combos
>No 10 second wind ups
>No input reading to prevent healing
>No bullshit AoE spam
>Time between attacks to actually allow you to get some hits in
>Balanced for 1v1 in a way that's challenging but fair, and fun to play

Oh my goodness, gracious!, it was like waking up from a long nightmare! I had forgotten what good boss design actually looks like.

Attached: maxresdefault (3).jpg (1280x720, 190.35K)

I have a bomb.

Attached: download_46.jpg (1024x576, 51.24K)

Uh, user? Did we play the same game? DS3 is lousy with all of that fucking shit.

>it's better because it's easier

A bomb's a bad choice for close range combat.

git gud

It has all of those things except it just gives more of a shit to hide them better. The input reading is nowhere near as bad though I will give it that.

But, compare it to demons or dks1 which have next to zero input reading and it’s still shit

Wow.
DS3 sounds like shit.

>pallet

I remember when Yea Forums whined about ds3's "bullshit" boss design.

>oh my word! I couldn't believe what I saw!
>Oh my goodness, gracious!, it was like waking up from a long nightmare! I had forgotten what -ACK

Attached: 1648746062826.png (427x400, 29.1K)

Attached: 5535EAD2-9B09-43CA-B799-473E3C9078E1.jpg (603x393, 25.65K)

trannies on the brain

Problem is everyone already played DS3 and the combat was solved at that point. If they kept up with the same design as in DS3 souls vets would just complain ER is too easy.
In the end the souls combat is too basic and braindead so it has nowhere to grow, to make the game more "challenging" just means introducing more and more bullshit. They really need to rework the whole combat for their next game or else we'll just get even 50 hit combos, 30 second wind ups and 5v1 fights in ER2.

it was bullshit before ER released, it just looks grounded in contrast.

After 150 hours of elden ring I decided to go play dark souls 1 and actually complete it. Started deprived and i will not be looking anything up. First time through i got filtered at midnight butterfly, second time through i just lost interest for some reason right after gaping dragon. Ive finally rung the second bell of awakening now for the first time. Excited to play through 2 and 3 afterwards

Btw quelaag rule 34 has almost zero results, wtf

They need to adopt Nioh's combat into FROM's games. Fuck your weapon variety. Give me depth beyond roll souls.

Fuck that, From should do their own thing. Maybe build up on Sekiro. They should have the money to make engaging combat for multiple different weapon types now.

ER makes me appreciate DS3 more.

Attached: Dark Souls III 2021.09.21 - 00.52.29.05.DVR.webm (960x540, 2.94M)

Perhaps they should've focused on making bosses interesting then rather than harder

Fucking kino

Attached: Gael falls.gif (520x293, 2.8M)

so much better. gorgeous art direction

Literally all discourse on this board is reduced to
Opinion
You are a tranny
What the fuck is wrong with you people?
Just get a bailey jay sub and fuck off

this

Based

Attached: Faraam.jpg (1920x1080, 1.25M)

The good times....

Attached: Capture+_2020-02-16-09-43-34.png (1080x985, 463.79K)

accurate take

>Walks towards you like a CHAD
>Fights with accurate and determinate strikes and occasiona dashes
>The technique and strength of the God of war
God I love this fight

Attached: Nameless King.gif (689x512, 2.15M)

Looks like Elden Ring to me

Attached: 1632967092040.webm (720x540, 2.94M)

>Can specifically spot them and lure them out separately
>Can backstab them
>Huge arena to put space between the two
Looks like you are shit and should git gud

You didn't beat them

>Someone bitching about elden ring being hard telling people to gitgud
Lmao

>git gud
ironic in an Elden Ring cope thread

>Nioh
>depth
0/10, try harder

I love ds3 bros, it's very fair and organic
There's a very even distribution of offense and defense even when you first try a boss
I feel like Dark Souls 3 was based on reaction time as difficulty while Elden Ring went for insight knowledges because the fanbase got good already and it was the only way to deliver a challenge.
Bosses have too many "ah gotcha" moments that you can only evade after having died to them at least once, it forces the player to die or to play very defensively

>You didn't beat them
I did
I'm not OP

Is it me or do the Nameless King hairs look better than the hair on the Raging Wolf set and any hair in Elden Ring

i did the same thing, but found the movement and combat to be clunky and less varied in comparison
that said, i'm still enjoying the game

Elden Ring was a major disappointment especially after ds3, despite shit eating fromdrones and normalfags praising it

They need to improve the control scheme and combat options, plain and simple

Attached: Elden Ring combat.png (1656x483, 447.61K)

>is locked behind that cancerous battle against the camera in phase 1
>same boring roll2win shit as every other 1v1 anime duel in 3
what's so great about this. don't answer that, i know it was your first souls game and everything was better when you were 16.

An eceleb made a video about this now i have to talk about it aswell

Attached: file.png (1031x811, 679.63K)

I decided to watch a video of Ludwig's fight the other day, just because he's one of my favorite bosses ever and I thought why not, and I seriously said to myself, "wow, he looks so... slow." When Elden Ring makes me think a fucking Bloodborne boss is slow, you know there's something up. Elden Ring is still really fun and I think it has some really great bosses, but holy shit.

Attached: invading another world as dark spirit.gif (300x233, 1.36M)

I felt similar replaying Bloodborne after Elden Ring. Everything felt so slow and telegraphed, which made it feel like I'd fucked up if I died rather than the bosses being unfair. Although there were a couple bullshit enemies. Namely ones that would grab you and then have a really long animation of them raping your body before letting you go.

umm sweety you are not supposed to play the levels in 3 you are only supposed to run to the fog gate ok? literally nothing matters but the boss fights

Kill yourself zoomzoom comparing ER to previous titles is the most obvious thing everyone does

yeah because we didn't already have 100 elden ring threads you fucking dunce

>Sseth in his first time playing the game beat both Margit and Godrick at level 1 not even realizing he needed to accept the accord

>Sseth still hasn't beat LoR

Kneel FROM cucks we know what an actual hard game looks like.

filtered pleb

Git gud

Why add spirit summons, massive level soft caps, broken shields and weapon arts then?

dark souls 3 has some of the worst bosses and ugliest level design ive seen. there is very minimal differences in combat between souls games idk why its such a big point of contention with Yea Forums

That's your (wrong) opinion

Gael's armor looks pretty similar to Banished knight armor

>>is locked behind that cancerous battle against the camera in phase 1
Like everything in elden ring?
>>same boring roll2win shit as every other 1v1 anime duel in 3
Like every souls game? What else do you do besides roll? Block? (git gud)
>what's so great about this. don't answer that, i know it was your first souls game and everything was better when you were 16.
Projection

>He says all of this while using a picture of Gael
lmfao

>ER still has the same riposte animations
God damn it.

>and the combat was solved at that point
Not even close
Dark Souls 3 was the template for massive improvemente to merge melee and magic builds through a unique resource and expand melee and spell variety and make the combat more dynamic as shown Elden Ring ignored all of this in favour of style over substance while also massively downgrading boss design, mob design and mechanics like hyperarmor poise

Attached: Hyper Armor.jpg (720x405, 124.67K)

ds3 is from's 2nd best game behind ds2 and i'm tired of people pretending it's not

I'll never understand people that unironically like Dark Souls 2

so gaming journalists can complete the game

Based 3 chad

Bait

Dark Souls 3 is literally the worst of ER, without any of the good.

>massive level soft caps
In that case, I saw that more as From's way of telling the people to just level up every kind of stat they want for a balanced build, since they really want you to experience everything in a single playthrough this time around.
The fact that you can continue a lot of quests even if you did it wrong is one proof.
In previous From games, if you mess one thing up, you get locked out of an npc questline and have to start your playthrough all over again.

Attached: Kneel2.webm (556x970, 2.74M)

i beat 3. it's not hard so i wouldn't say anyone has to "git gud" to roll at the right time. it's the easiest rhythm game I've ever played in fact. i like that ER pushes players to use tactics they normally wouldn't because like i said, rolling into attacks is boring and gay. "git gud" at a real action game or a challenging rhythm game.

This

Ahh I see we are going to maximum shitposting

>i like that ER pushes players to use tactics they normally wouldn't
L2 L2 L2 L2 L2 L2 L2 L2 L2 L2 L2 L2

ER balance is a fucking joke. I have more issues with random trash mobs that have 270 degree autotracking on their attacks like omens in Lyndell sewers than with actual bosses. There's like a total of 8 unique fights in this game, they even reuse demi-gods.

maybe if you all weren't so superficial about it you'd enjoy it

is multiplayer ever coming back for dark souls 1-3
i want to play them again but they're shit games without online

press l2 to awesome isn't exactly revolutionary.
>boss design
aldritch and the lothric princes were the only interesting fights everything else is gay anime artorias wannabes
>mob design
so good no one remembers anything aside from the bosses
>hyperarmor poise
lol

Insane amount of build options and probably the most interesting speedrun/challenge game out of all fromsoft games.

Attached: a bomb.png (200x173, 106.77K)

marginally better than pressing O if you're going to spam weapon arts due to the simple fact that your stamina bar regenerates instantly in 3 and you can spam dodge all day

>i like that ER pushes players to use tactics they normally
It just boils down to different dominant strategies while the power differential between taking advantage of everything at your disposal and having some restraint feels like a fucking chasm.

>press l2 to awesome isn't exactly revolutionary
Yeah, which is why ER sucks
>so good no one remembers anything aside from the bosses
Wrong
>I HAVE A CONTRARIAN OPINION: DS3 BOSSES ARE LE BAD
Nobody cares
>>hyperarmor poise
>lol
Filtered poisebabby spotted

Attached: lothric_knight_swordshield.jpg (586x991, 91.28K)

>marginally better than pressing O
No
Attacks are dependant on movement and spacing
Ashes of War are static and braindead
The game was dumbed down from DS3

Dark Souls 3 bosses and mobs are the best From has ever done
Nothing in ER comes close to even vanilla DS3

cope 3tard your favorite game is boring and forgettable and gitting gud never made your little pp any bigger

Lothric knights were unironically the best case of From improving AI without them being bullshit.
Lothric knights were smart and knew how to punish you, but unlike some ER knights, they didn't have ridiculous poise nor did they have anime2fast4u attacks like the banished knights.

>Fight them for the first time
>They properly use shield
>Try to circlestrafe them
>Shield bash
Fucking genius, DS3 was so ahead

wow and it is so much fun to roll into their attacks with my 2 handed longsword woweee!

No bonfire runs are the best.

the tracking really is completely ridiculous.

Attached: Flask Spin.webm (960x540, 2.8M)

>Filtered cope

now play Sekiro and actually have fun