Why is it so hated? It’s one of the best mega man games

Why is it so hated? It’s one of the best mega man games

Attached: 35652CDD-F7B8-4E66-A6F0-C601B326AAF1.jpg (3200x3165, 608.86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cpdoyYtj9tk
youtube.com/watch?v=EQ9gilrbH5k
youtube.com/watch?v=yJg99CixMqU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't know about it being the best but in terms of visuals, it has by far the best graphics and soundtrack.

Because it's not on a tendie console

I liked it more than 7, but all mega man main games are at least decent

I just remember the level design sucking ass
And I like pretty much every other classic MM. 1-7 and 9-11.

Attached: 57bbbbbb.png (2600x1500, 1.33M)

Uh.....

Attached: v9x769bvfxd81.jpg (640x428, 102.19K)

it literally has been for 18 years now
theres the new collections on switch too

Attached: mm ani.jpg (1509x1937, 1.86M)

It's pure fun from start to finish. The only people seething over it are N64 fans who felt betrayed by capcom because their console couldn't do 2D.

Eh. It's better than 1 7 and 11 I'll give it that

must be why megaman legends 2 and X4 are also such hated games oh wait everyone loves them

nintendo fans hate them and lie about them all the time.

Fuck you I really liked 7

The Artstyle is the worst one of them all.

yeah not biting again. dont you have something better to do?

Obsessed Snoy moment.

Don't care if you believe me, I know what I've seen and will continue to call out the problem. Only people you're covering for are the shittiest fanboys in existence.

I honestly think it’s because people thought it was too childish compared to the x series at release. I think the original audience had grown up, and the horrible VA didn’t do the game any favors. I’m not sure why people let X4 slide though

No one played it when it was new so no nostalgia
The jump slide meme was taken too seriously

i mean come on surely you could be starting actual productive conversations or playing a video game, but instead youre doing this shit

9 and 10 were complete downgrades compared to this game and I'm still mad because I was unable to enjoy them. 8 was far from perfect, but it at least felt like it was trying to properly modernize Classic Mega Man and give it more of a lighthearted identity compared to the X series' more gritty and serious approach to storytelling.

I also was a huge fan of the new upgrades system and wish things like the Arrow and Laser shot would return.

Which one?
youtube.com/watch?v=cpdoyYtj9tk
youtube.com/watch?v=EQ9gilrbH5k

>its because it wasnt on the right console
>its because of nostalgia
>its because theres no nostalgia!!!
how fucking allergic are you guys to actually tlaking about the game itslef jesus christ

Its another megaman game there is no reason it failed on anything game related

Nobody;
Not even big chungus:
Aqua Man: I'M AQUA MAN, BUT YOU CAN CALL ME HANDSOME GUY!

>and then he wonders why nobody likes this game

It's plenty productive, they're great games unfairly shit on by rabid fanboys...who you are defending. Why is that? Why defend shitty fanboys instead of praise good games? Are you mentally ill? Or just one of them?

Purist elitists are the absolute worst. And they are fucking everywhere. Mega Man, Sonic, Pac-Man...

Even fucking SUPER MARIO.

Praise for MM9-10 only comes from nostalgiababies and even they don't love it entirely.

Yeah I kind of agree. I still liked 9 and 10 but I wish they were furthering the series instead of literally NES graphics and doesnt even have all the mechanics from 6.

It's not like other voice acting during the time period wasn't laughably bad either. youtube.com/watch?v=yJg99CixMqU

damn thats crazy bro

9 is the best classic game easily

9 and 10 are great. 8 sucks.

I like that it is so easy and childish.

11 sucks too

voice acting was shit
level design was shit
good music and good graphics though

this makes no sense. nostalgia will get someone to play it because it looks just like megaman 1 but it cant carry an entire new game

Thanks, play Mega Man X4 on Saturn and have a great time :)

cool

>Shitty maps and bosses
>Jump jump sladineh sladineh meme
>Good visuals
>Subpar Willy stages
The visuals were good if you fell for novelty hype. Stages were gimmicky bosses were hit or miss, music was meh and only shines because discs sound fidelity. MM8 while being one of the worst megaman still is a solid game because it's a blessed IP, still this game is just a mixed bag overall; style over substance with very noteworthy things (like the ball). On top of that is too fucking easy.

The real question is why MM6 is so hated for just one tiny, irrelevant thing.

Slide sucks in MM6.

I love 8, 9, and 10. They’re probably my favorites in the series. But I do wish 8 hadn’t got the plug pulled for the series. 11 I thought had a really good art style, but it feels really gimmicky with the speed gear and the levels were made super frustrating because of the expectation that you should use it.

8 was subpar, 9 was a great return to form, 10 was a great return to form for MM3fags. Simple as.

Mid-stage loading screens are hard cancer. There was also way too much weird bullshit going on with level design and gameplay mechanics compared to previous games that made everything feel very off. >jump jump slide slide
It had this weird vibe like they were trying to make it feel like an arcade game. I would never call it bad or anything, but if you want a vastly superior take on the flavor play Megaman & Bass instead.

Are we ever going to get 12?

Yeah, and the slide was a worthless addition.

Shitty gimmick stages with the SLIDE SLIDE bullshit and that boring shmup section. Pretty weak that they lock off half the robot masters at the start for no reason (I don't know why that was a popular thing to do in that era), the cutscenes have hilariously bad voice acting like "DACTAH WAHWEE". Outside of that the actual gameplay was fine and I liked the addition of the Mega Ball power as it opens up a new dimension to the combat and encounter design. I can't remember jack shit about the robot masters or their weapon powerups other than a shitty aztec sword thing, so they were probably on the weaker side.

It's definitely one of the weaker games, but I don't know if I'd say it's worse than 7 and it's easily better than 1. Comparing it to the terrible state the X games were in around the same time makes it look a lot better.

All great games, especially 1. Stop being a complete faggot.

For me it’s the psx

Attached: A35873CA-DC7C-4B18-B229-EB922FD25C0E.png (750x1334, 953.98K)

I've always liked the slide more than the charge shot.

This. Fuck "jump-slide" trannies.

*PS1, and no, it was never officially called PSX in its final, released form. PSX is a fan and journotranny term.

How are you going to beat the game when you have the enemies in front with no platform?

>PS has the carefree feeling of flying freely in the sky
>Saturn has an intense feeling that suits the tension of the air shooting sections
It's a close one, but Saturn is my pick

Who cares. It was a common term a lot of people were used before you were born.

I only got to play it recently in the MM collection, only tried the clownman stage and while i admire the effort put into it i also have to say it's pure cancer. There's no awe factor like when i played MM7 and wanted to explore the stages, i just wanted it to fucking end.

Attached: this sucks.png (376x766, 334.45K)

I don't like either of them which is why 9 is the best MM game.

8's level design sucks (Frost Man and Wily 1 especially) with extremely few exceptions and mid-stage loading screens kill my focus every time. It also kept 7's mistake of only letting you fight 4 robot masters at a time and even if they designed the second half of 8's robot master stages to account for you having the 4 weapons from the first half, only one stage (Sword Man's) was actually good because of it.

>MM9
>No charge shot
>No slide
>Proves how solid the formula is and doesn't need anything else besides good stages and bosses
Same. Never fan of slide before but after playing 9 I hate that gimmicky shit.

it's the comfiest megaman

>ITH CONFEE
Actual opinions, please.

You’d probably enjoy Sonic 2 and 3 without the Spindash roflmao

Shit English voice acting

mega man moved too slow