Did Arthas have any other choice?

Did Arthas have any other choice?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (900x720, 74.69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4tigJUxQmJs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euthyphro_dilemma
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He had to put them in quarantine and issue mask mandates for everyone, while they developed vaccines bigot.

He only fucked up by not telling his men they could loot the city.
If I'm massacring civilians on your behalf, by god I'm stealing shit whether you allow it or not.

he may not have, honestly. almost two decades of warcraft writing later, theres still no cure for the plague of undeath.

there actually is now, I think, but once you're actually dead it's too late
but they wouldn't have been able to cure anyone before the whole city was undead

He could fuck jaina instead.

the whole scene is exactly why moral absolutists cannot rule
if Arthas hadn't of culled Stratholme thousands more would have died
Uther and Jaina are braindead morons, and it's pretty obvious why they were never put in charge of anything really important
I mean, look what Jaina does after this because she wants some green dick in her cavernous gash

You don't get to become Lich King and pretend you were ever a good person thinking of the greater good at any point in your life.

he didn't know about zanzibart

Arthas wasn't anywhere close to being the Lich King at Stratholme, though it certainly set him on the right path when his holier than though retarded friends abandoned him the moment he decided to act like a king and not a pansy faggot knight

what do you mean? he became the lich king by getting mind-controlled

Yes, for example, don't fall into the trap.

Yes

I'm a paladin

don't try to make sense of it guys, warcraft lore is an incoherent clusterfuck of nonsense these days.

Moral questions become a lot simpler when there's literal gods or godlike forces that actually exist and judge you for your actions. You can't be a paladin and also murder civilians. It's just that simple.

I never understood this. There was literally no other option. If you wait, they're undead and now you have to kill the undead and your troops face more casualties. Arthas isn't fucking thrilled to kill them, it's just the only option that makes sense. Uther and Jaina don't have the heart, which is understandable, but it doesn't make them right. If your dog has cancer and is on the way out, you put it out of it's misery - it's not fun but it's right.

What was the other option?

Yeah, listen to Uther and come up with a better plan

the cure for the undeath plague is to literally just not die whilst culling the undead, this logic is what the argent crusade is founded on and also why only a handful of very capable heroes are allowed at the raid of Icecrown Citadel

there was no cure
all civilians were infected
a demon was running around teleporting zombies away to be used against other cities
it was the best and only option given the circumstances

Attached: 1633352522850.png (345x467, 171.91K)

I don't think people should be taking morality from extremely detached space chandeliers who are really into genocide when it fits their needs

FUCK reforged

Lich king planned this even before he was born. Arthas fate wasn't his right from the start but everyone will blame him anyway

user, they're undead, even if you kill them they'll come back in a few days

that's why they burned the bodies

You don't accept their rules you don't get their magic powers.

Roll a new character.

>the dead in this land might lie still for the time being - but don't be fooled!

Blood Elves put space lights in their place

Warcraft paladins don't get their powers from a god, they get their power from some weird cosmic force that you just need enough willpower and faith to harness.

I really fucking hated the ending of the human story in wc3. They couldn't come up with any good reason for arthas killing the king so they just went "umm, well like you see he got CORRUPTED!" I don't care if there's an in universe reason with frostmorune stealing his soul, it's just an excuse to not have to write good character motivations.

>there has to be better way
offer no solution
>you cannot do this
blames you for doing what must be done

heh, nothing personnel crown prince

it's the vaccine that turned them undead you idiot

What? We had a cure to the curse of the undead for players during the invasion event in lich king. Except for that one soldier that was dying on the battlefield for like 6 quests and we somehow couldn't just pick him up or cure him despite going to like 5 godlike beings.

>the OP smells like liberal ghoul Dracula undead stench, like a rat crawled up his asshole and died.
>is just an automated bot spamming stratholme because they want to help the gay faggot that wrote a major flaw in the story that killed warcraft forever

Attached: 0FBFD678-D3DB-4263-A288-A42DE65C3EE6.jpg (1200x1175, 197.79K)

Arthas was completely in the right for wanting to purge Stratholme.

Arthas bros, I don't feel so good...
youtube.com/watch?v=4tigJUxQmJs

If we’ve learned anything from Warcraft it’s that anyone who is right beyond a shadow of a doubt eventually becomes a raid boss

Uther was a commander in the 2nd war user...

It's not that simple and this is a philosophical quandary even irl
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euthyphro_dilemma

How big was that city?
I mean canonically not with game engine restrictions.

based schizo

>w*rcraft "lore"

Attached: 1601858309685.jpg (533x551, 71K)

RTS games had good lore

Pretty sure this guy wasn't a writer cus he seems like a fucking dumbass.

Attached: Capture2.png (1167x257, 44.86K)

Being a dumbass doesn't exclude you from being a writer.

No he should have just left and let the plague work itself out, I'm sure everything would have turned out fine.

When you go inside any of the buildings in that mission, half the people inside are already dead. Everybody in that city is lost, even if you ignore the Dreadlord running around.

>Dude just run away, it's just a virus bro. It won't follow you. What's the Cult of The Damned?

welp, so by some wank ass fluke he managed to write up a compelling moral dilemma, when in reality, he just left out a bunch of extra notes to the player that would have made the situation one-sided or something I guess?

god damn this guy got fucking btfo in the comments

Attached: nxKcEDZ.png (1575x1203, 285.33K)

the bigger fuck up was:
why free Illidan if you were just going to tell him to fuck off
fuck night elves

He could've actually explained to uther more directly "the grain that these people have eaten turns them into zombies" which is something uther wasn't there for and which it's not made clear if he ever actually mentioned to uther between the end of mission 5 and this cutscene.

Going nuclear and firing the entire order of the silver hand shold've been the last thing arthas did, not the first

They told him to fuck off because he immediately turned into a demon.

It doesn't help that Arthur wasn't really explaining himself, and WHY the city needed to be culled. He just kinda spurged out.
But then he was coming off of 3-days of no sleep, while under constant assault.

Weird. It's almost like someone planed on getting him to push away all his potential allies or something.

He didn't exactly have time to explain. You roll into the city and everything is already falling apart.

>openly stating that you didn't play the game
why are you even here, go to an elden ring thread or something zoomie

Arthas wandered alone for months in Northrend before returning home. it's in the text right before the cutscene. pretty sure he lose his mind in the process rather than being corrupted

oh my mistake, it should have been written as "umm, well you see he went CRAZY!" It's still lazy writing

Attached: wc3.png (1212x239, 95.83K)

The Jailor had the dread lords meticulously craft this moment so no he had no choice.

what would be a good motive, user?
besides frostmourne, Arthas was beyond redemption for at least 3 chapters before the ending

with something like a zombie plague, morals go out the window.
that's something that absolutely must be stopped, no matter what the cost.

doing the right thing has a price

To come up with a good reason for him to switch sides would involve a lot of filling in the blanks, changing plot elements and introducing new ones, basically writing a different story. Working with what they had I don't know what would be a good motivation for him to just go back and wreak havok on the kingdom he sacrificed so much to protect and join the undead. logically arthas has no reason to do all that stuff so they just said "he went crazy he's the bad guy now" Him just dying in the frozen wasteland after destroying all the boats would've made more sense.