Advocacy of Fighting Games Going Free to Play

You know your genre is truly dead and offers little to the average consumer when you're at the point where you're begging the entry fee to literally be free. And even then it will still get overshadowed by the other free to play garbage that STILL manages to offer more then the average fighting game.

Also love how the reasons why fighting games aren't popular keeps shifting:
Fighting games need better tutorials!
>they get better tutorials and nothing happens, then people are actually praising the DNF demo.network test thing of not having tutorials
FIghting games need better online!
>fighting games are getting better online, slightly better player retention but nothing spectacular
We are now here:
>Fighting games need to be free!

The ABSOLUTE STATE of fighting games.

Attached: FREE TO PLAY.png (533x486, 391.11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/13g0e
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why do you zoomers worship e-celebs?

Eh I hesitate to buy new fighting games because paying for them feels like an obligation to get decent at them and I don't really know if I'll enjoy them or not without playing a decent amount. I would be a lot more willing to try them out if they were free.

Didn't they tried that already with killer instinct?

Attached: 1538968105410.jpg (458x399, 84.23K)

Why would I buy a full set of golf clubs if I don't even know if I like golf

DBFZ is my babbys first fighting game, and while I learned the basic BnB, any other flashy combo is mechanically too much for me. I don't want to try other fighting games if this is supposedly the more accessible fighting game.

That worked so well for Dead or Alive.

nothing is going to make 1 on 1 fighting more accessible. too hard, too scary, too much to learn.

It's more that the average zoomer can't handle losing and fighting games are about losing to some no life infinite combo god constantly.

a lot of people genuinely believe youtubers/streamers are their friends

And KI ended up being the best fighting game ever made.

CHINGER CHAGGER

This faggot is still doing clickbait bullshit thumbnails? Why?

NIGGER DAGGER

Yes and KI 2013 is unironically the best fighting game of all time.

Max is a scrub, of course he'd be saying this

fighters are one of those genres where the dedicated playerbase is largely elitist retards that just want fresh blood to stomp into the dirt, so they want to try literally anything just to get people in the door for any period of time just to have punching bags that move around slightly

It would help with player retention but any of the gains of going free to play aren't worth the drawbacks of becoming like a lol or a gacha.

streamable.com/13g0e

just let the genre die nobody gives a shit about them anymore

fuck off max

Attached: you should kys.png (292x173, 88.99K)

HE CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

>Youtube personality makes wild takes to draw attention to self. general audience never echoes wild takes in normal community conversations
ok.

The real problem with fighting games is the artificial difficulty of random strings. What I mean is that combos largely consist of random abilities with random attacks thrown in. There is no real flow or rationality behind them. You either know the combo or you don't. And if you're on the receiving end of a combo that has a mixup you have to know what's going on.

Fighting games are like studying for an exam. Except you're being tested 24/7. Even if you know the answer you have to submit it in time or it's wrong and you get stuffed by a 3fr that's safe on block. Or you get screwed into a frame trap and you literally have no indication of when it's your turn.

Man, I don't even need a new KI. Just overhaul the visuals of KI (2013) to be up to par with big name FGs like MK11 and add more customization items. That's it.

What fighting games need is for Sony to stop being cunts about cross play

Yeah I was thinking about this the other day. KI 2013 is so good that they a sequel absolutely could not live up, but it needs a new hook to bring it back up to speed.

This retard acts like an expert on every game genre

this guy doesnt even play fighting games

Free to play won't change shit, in fact paying for a game is more likely to make people stay and learn to play than f2p with 1v1

f2p with 1v1 is a recipe for someone downloading it, getting rekt by a smurf, and never playing it again

When people will realize fighting games will always be niche because of how hard is to people to hit the rematch button with another goal in mind other than just winning the next match

He’s fucking retarded for apologizing over that. He clearly didn’t say it but his retarded ass got baited into thinking he did

this. there's a reason why mk's campaign mode was crazy succesful. normies don't care much for 1v1ing all fucking day.

>random strings
>You either know the combo or you don't

Attached: 7cb.gif (500x250, 522.38K)

F2P is a meme
publishers are greedy fucks and WILL abuse it

ah yes, another excuse to package the game with less content and push more gacha

>interested in new fighting game
>search up youtube to see some gameplay
>instinctively just click the first video
>"LETS GOOOOO"
>close video
every fucking time, i would think i would have learned my lesson by now but it still gets me, i fucking hate max

Attached: 17mt0o.jpg (500x473, 21.38K)

Attached: 1645458652359_0.png (2044x872, 162.84K)

DBFZ has good skill floor but also a huge skill ceiling, SFV is more accessible in that aspect because of crossplay, honestly eventually every game will seem fine to play, I find Strive the one that has the most braindead flowchart people who you just need to read a few times and you are good to go, SFV is easier to play but people are much more patient, DBFZ usually is filled with gimmicks but once you go past that it's really interesting to play

There is seriously just one and only one reason why fighting games are less popular than other genres and that’s because all the accountability is on you. Games like FPS, MOBAs, sports and shit like that, it’s easy to rationalize your failures and you can play directly with multiple friends. Fighting games you can play with one friend at a time and if they slap your shit 10-0, you know damn well it’s your fault you suck ass at the game.

Fighting games were always a scam. I only ever play 1 or 2 characters. Why should I pay for all the others I will never use?

Why the fuck did max become the “fighting game guy” of all people? He doesn’t even commentate or analyze matches

He's a genuine shill whose entire income comes from streaming. He has to cover his ass even if he knows 100% he wasn't in the wrong because he can't risk getting canceled.

No, things are still better then how they were during the 7th gen

fighting games are for couch co-op and arcades only

neither of which exist anymore

btw max dood literally doesn't give a fuck about fighting games and wants to get out of that niche as fast as possible and become an eceleb in literally anything else, he absolutely hates fighting games and can only play for like 30 minutes without seething

they make too much money on smash to make it free

I'm fine with the rest of his content, but that opening is exhausting to hear after a few times.

He must not have played many F2P games, otherwise he wouldn't be begging for this. They just need to stop charging full price for fighting games.

Both of these guys are correct. Dood will literally sit in training mode of a fighting game on stream for 12 hours and act like an expert in the game and he's low rank in almost every single game he plays. He's literally a gold shitter in SFV.

>LowTierGod
>Actually plays nothing but meta shit
>Gets his ass rode anyway
>Cries, pisses, shits then cums

Fighting games are for autist. I think speedrunners are a higher tier than them.
>Yeah bro just memorize 100 different button combos for each character.
>Yeah bro you gotta analyis the frame data too

I don't know, I played for 6 hours today and I had fun, and I'm not exactly the best player in the world, in fact I must have like 300 hours combined in all my fighting games and I still find people around my skill level

His audience is mainly composed of people who don't actually play fighting games but want to be part of the "hype" whenever one gets popular so they don't actually know enough to realize he's not that good and a lot of his views on the genre are absolutely retarded.

max hates zoomer games tho

>He's literally a gold shitter in SFV.
Well that's higher than me

It's the most accessable fighter with an anime artstyle

>F2P
this faggot is now sucking Bothalla and Multiversoy’s dicks after his little #freemvc2 campaign failed to get off the ground.

Based casual fighting game player.

Regular celebs are shit and parasocial relationships because in person relationships are so fucked now.

>>Yeah bro just memorize 100 different button combos for each character.
not true, most combos you will use are really simple, in fact I usually learn 2 simple combos for a character and you are good to go, its more important to know how to combine your strings so you get some counter hits when the opponent tries to mash out (frame traps)
>>Yeah bro you gotta analyis the frame data too
People usually instinctively discover frame data by actually testing the buttons in matches, its as simple as doing this
>"uh I got hit by this shit, let me block and then press this button"
Do that for 5-6 of your buttons and see which one works as a counter hit and which one gets you counter hit and then you are good to go, its not really that hard

Once you know which buttons are good to reply you then see if you can cancel them into a special move or something to extend the damage and there you have your combo, combine it with another mechanic like Ex moves with gauge or roman cancels or whatever the shit the game uses and then you have the combo you will use most of the time

Anyone got the video of him getting destroyed in a game then complains on Twitter about it

>check out DNF Dual clips on twitch
>top viewed clips are of max doing basic links and BnBs
>titles are “MAX DOES BIG COMBO” or “NEW CONVERSION LINK” or some other trite
>see some sick as fuck random clips of people who actually knows what they’re doing
>80 views
tragedy

Attached: 008D6099-3C1A-4F6B-94F1-07D3B2CCE5CB.jpg (600x690, 63.75K)

Finding out Max sucks at fighting games was kind of shocking. He would unironically get bodied by both LTG and DSP if he ever found them both online. Kek

lol stormsnigger

Daily reminder Dood shilled MvCI extremely hard and then was pretending he did nothing

>>Yeah bro just memorize 100 different button combos for each character.
Not really? Characters generally fall into pretty distinct archetypes because of awhat motions make sense. Grapplers always have fuckhueg half circle motions, for example, they don't take long to figure out unless you're playing some crackhead shit like Arcana Heart.
>>Yeah bro you gotta analyis the frame data too
Literally nobody goes out of their way to determine exactly frame data, all you need to know is whether or not you can act before you opponent in a given situation.