Elden ring

Comfy Elden ring thread. High level PvP (150) has more varied builds than 125 youtube metafaggotry.

Attached: 20220323025515_1.jpg (1920x1080, 254.11K)

Elden Ring? I thought that shit flopped

>go to farum azula as a sorcerer
>instantly want to restart the game as a dexfaith or faitharc character
fucking hell why am i like this? it's like kingmaker all over again. i want to do a godskin cosplay build, is ARC the way to go or should i play it straight dex/faith for the godslayer sword?

Who the fuck is doing 125?

Attached: 1649071370958.png (834x750, 468.1K)

Metafaggotry pushed by Youtubers.

user you’re always gonna want to go a different build, grass is always greener and whatnot. I am dex/fth right now and am really wishing I was pure str power stancing two massive swords. If anything, just rush through and respec in NG+

You can always respec user just to try it out. But Dex faith builds are pretty fun.

I like my godslayer sword. I don’t love my godslayer sword.

ur me user
I'm on my second playthrough as a sorcerer. I spent the latter half of my first playthrough thinking about this character, and now I'm spending the latter half of my second playthrough thinking about my next character.
I'm interested in what Arcane is all about, but I'm not sure if it's a "build" type ????
I don't think I'm cut out for RL1 yet, but I might try to focus on parrying. So far, I've limited myself to no shields, no summons for my second playthrough and it's worked out pretty well.

Attached: cool sorc.png (1920x1080, 2.25M)

>invade at 140
>lots of different shit, a bunch of it OP but with variety it's not too bad
>invade at 120 with a new character
>RIVERS OF BLOOD RIVERS OF BLOOD RIVERS OF BLOOD RIVERS OF BLOOD

Attached: 1644513460544.png (1022x731, 642.76K)

i've seen enough hentai to know where THIS is going haha

I honestly can't choose between Dark Souls and Elden Ring.

Why do people push 120 when softcaps have been raised to 50-60? 120 was developed naturally because it allowed around 4 stats to hit 40 in DeS, and also it was a level that was easy to attain after a ng+ cycle. 150 in Elden Ring makes so much more sense because it allows 4 stats to 50-60 softcap, like in previous games, and is feasible to reach near the end of the game for most casual players. Playing at 120 limits most casual players nearing the last third of the game and makes it needlessly hard when they could get a good extra chunk of damage/survivability by levelling a little bit more.
If the issue is survivability and damage, shouldn't we try and hit 60 Vigor, which is much easier to do when given the flexibility of 150? And even then, even at 120 nearly everything deals proportionately the same amount of damage, and Weapon Skills are even more lethal at this level because health is generally lower. Do we seriously want to see everyone running 55 Vigor with only 25-30 End and around 40 in their primary damage stat, with only the bare minimum of 10-20ish levels for an auxiliary? At that point why not just play at 100?
The more I read of people's reasoning for 120 the more and more it just smells of sacred cow to me. It's funny because the people most fervently pushing it are """"competitive"""" pvpers who probably didn't start playing until DaS 2/3, and have absolutely no historical reference as to why 120 evolved as the comfortable meta level for those games.
Following the exact same logic that lead to 120 in DeS results in the conclusion that 150 for Elden Ring makes more logical sense for hitting 4 stats to softcap and a level that is attained nearing the end of the game.

which areas does 150 PvP happen

Pushing 125 has literally NOTHING to do with historical meta levels, and you are retarded if you think so.

Unfortunately you already revealed yourself as retarded by for some god forsaken reason thinking softcaps NEED to be hit.

At 125 even with 60 vigor people are doing insane damage

I can get invasions at Raya Lucaria somehow after a bit of waiting haven't tried anywhere else for invasions. But if you are looking for duels, there's that 24/7 fight club at the Raya Lucaria entrance. Even my 178 character can find constant fights there.

I want to help people with maliketh and malenia what level should I be
I'm at 124 and get constant summons for either

Shitters that can't beat Maliketh under level 30.
Low level invasions with end-game boss weapons is the most fun I have ever had invading.

Is there a recommended level for fighting the three NPC duels in front of the Great Jar? At first I thought it was kinda cool that they have randomized equipment but now its getting kind of tiresome seeing one of them spawn with Moonveil, Rivers of Blood, dual twinblades etc.

Attached: 1418118007522.gif (500x286, 888.95K)

>killing a knight cavalry's horse while on foot instakills them
I had no idea since I always fought them on horseback.

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 3.54K)

>implying people don’t just trade weapons right at the beginning

>Pushing 125 has nothing to do with historical meta levels
Really? Then why THAT specific number? Why not, say, 130, or 100, or even 90? Again, if damage is the concern, why this specific number? Because it just looks pretty? There is an undeniable link that people have given to previous meta levels, every single argument regarding stat-boosting equipment/flasks came about once everything was settled, but people were already arguing for 120 before this information was fully known. Dark Souls 3 had stat-boosting equipment but people didn't call for a level below the softcaps because they existed, the Soul Level meta REMAINED at 120 because, again, the soft-caps were consistent and having 4 stats to softcap allows for variety whilst preventing people from over-generalizing
>soft caps don't need to be hit
If this is the case why was 120 the meta level in previous games? Really, why? Because people just like saying the number 120? Every previous game has been built on the inclination that 4 stats to softcap allows for the most comfortable amount of build-variety, so why is that suddenly different here?
>at 125 people are doing insane damage
So if the issue is damage, why 125? Why not lower it so that it isn't a supposed one-shot fest? Why not settle at 110 or 100, to lower damage stats and keep people from all being two-shots?
It is undeniable that 120 is a sacred cow at this point. Everyone is talking about damage, but no one is actively JUSTIFYING the need for 120, they just say that people deal enough/too much already at 120. If this is the case why not go lower?

They're based on other players so it's kind of luck of the draw based on who you get. I was struggling in 70s/80s until two of the three were wearing lighter armor with no poise. There's apparently a tree branch nearby that you can stand on that forces the AI to run off the cliff to get you if you feel like cheesing.

I like the aesthetic of golden order, but all the spells suck. ive finished everything but missed bolt of granssax and hammer talisman, so I kind of want to respec to FTH/INT in NG+ but when I was doing it before it wasnt that great.

>saw that the patch re-buffed radahn
>load up steam
>pause download
>go offline
Ranni, forgive me… I’m too casual and the temptation was too great.

The reason people don't want to go even lower is so there are actually enough stats in general to allocate and allow build variety.

The pvp meta level has always been a combination of build variety and a ratio between damage/offense.

At 150 the ratio is completely out of whack and it also enables every build to become a poise monster.

Its ironically just a coincidence that its landed at 125, and not some grand conspiracy to make it consistent with older games.

People are doing SO much more damage at even level 100 in ER than compared to DS3 anyways.

130-140 are hotspots for it. i still get summoned to maliketh at 150

Running 60 vigor at 125 helps the damage issues a bit and still allows build diversity. The only argument for 150 is that people end the game at that level, but pvp meta level has always been focused on duels not anything pve related.

Getting bored of using Blasphemous Blade, any other fun str/faith weapons?

Attached: !!!!.png (1050x810, 519.83K)

True, but I get the satisfaction of pulling out rivers of blood or Maliketh's sword for gank squads.

In case you guys haven't heard the new spot for hosts to AFK farm rune arcs is Lenne's Rise.

Attached: 6842ca9b8838a5ab4ff6f57c0d458b73f5641282r1-705-522v2_hq.jpg (705x522, 38.47K)

Game crashed on launch. Any ideas if its not graphics card / Steam overlay?

>why that specific number
Because faggots on r*ddit posted a level guide for each "area" of the game.
It really doesn't make sense because the "meta" for elden ring pvp is just using a one-shot setup or spamming magic, like every fucking souls game so far.
It's like that at every rune level range.

>decided to do dex build
>literally no dex weapons in game

Fucking why

Maliketh's sword.
The golden order greatsword (conscecrated snowfiled in a dungeon near the "start" of the frozen river section)

If I understand correctly, Mohg's NIHIL attack deals massive guaranteed damage while healing him. At least it lets you heal, but what the fuck?

nobody will admit it but bloodhound's step feels overpowered and necessary because it puts you on a level playing field with a majority of the game's enemies in terms of movement and positioning. furthermore, it exposes the fact that the developers, did not, in fact, playtest their own game past limgrave, because it is acquired in caelid. the fact that it makes pvp fags seethe is the icing on the cake bonus that will never stop giving

>buy physical version of Elden Ring on PS4 for $40
>get the PS5 version for free
>make an INT/DEX prisoner on the PS4 version
>platinum the game
>create a back up save file on my USB drive
>transfer save to PS5 version
>respec PS5 character into a tanky STR/FAITH build who also uses beast magic
>PS4 version save file with the I T/DEX character is still intact
>still won't buy the Demon's Soulless Remake
>won't buy Returnal
>won't buy TLOU2
>won't buy any other 1st party Sony game
>only use my PS5 for Elden Ring, Bloodborne and some shmups and mecha games
Yeah, I'm based.

Attached: e27f76j54bl81.jpg (640x360, 20.06K)

What? No it doesn't. They fight on foot for 30 seconds and then summon a new horse.

I personally don't really think it's a coincidence that it settles at the 120 area. I understand people want a healthy balance of stats to comfortably allocate, and 120 certainly gives you plenty to play around with, but we cannot deny that there is a link to previous games because the character building/planning is extremely similar, not even at face value but also mechanically. Certain details are different, yes, but they are fundamentally the same. The two key differences are the wide variety in stat requirements for weaponry/spells, and the heightening of softcaps.
>The ratio at 150 is out of whack and allows everyone to become a poise monster
So, like Dark Souls 1 allowed with 40 end+fap+havel's? Or 3? Or DeS (though there was no poise in DeS you could easily wear heavy armor as any build)? It was never a problem in previous games when deciding on the meta level, so why all of a sudden is it now? Every build at 120 was almost invariably built around softcaps in Vit/End, and that never seemed to bother people as much.
>People are doing SO much more damage at even level 100
Okay so if everyone is dealing enough damage why go higher? What's the point in levelling with those 20 extra stats if there is no noticeable difference in survivability OR damage?
I have yet to see actual mathematic reasonings behind the 120 argument. No one is saying "At this level there is the highest level of build variety statistically speaking" or "at 120 the proportion of damage is specifically this percentage, bringing it in line with previous games", it's always "it needs to be 120 because everyone is dealing too much damage at 150! They're building with 30 in every stat!" There is never an actual, solid reason as to WHY it has to be 120, just detracting from every other alternative, without ever stopping to say WHY this specific level is logically the best stopping point beyond "that's how it was before"

Bloodhound Step should have been a talisman. Light roll turns into the teleport. Medium turns into the Bloodborne dash. Heavy becomes the medium roll.

>gave money to sony TWICE to censor his games, push propaganda, charge for online service
>can't use moveset mods, animations mods, texture mods, magic mods, or cheat engine to speedrun a character for duels or co-op
>gets on Yea Forums to project his frail, shitty decisions to the world at large with image of LE CHAD
you're based in faggotry you smelly little nigger

I genuinely do not know how people beat Horah Loux without bloodhound step.
>arena wide stomp in phase 2 and 3
>giant explosions in phase 3 just because
>multiple grabs that deal 1200 damage minimum
>weird as fuck damage threshold on attacks in phase 1,2 and 3
>has a bullshit 5 hit anime combo in every phase just because
>can combo the arena-wide stomp into every move
>can do fake-outs into the stomp
>can dash away and stomp at any time, instantly hitting you for 1000 damage if you don't roll or dodge right

>7 of these games plus two remasters and whatever you want to call SOTFS
>still unable to fully disable Y-axis camera correction
>still unable to disable X-axis at all
jesus fuck come on

125 literally because 25 more stats makes every build wear bullgoats armor or all into mind and bloodhoud step into eternity.

100 is too low because it stifles too many builds/playstyles. It isn't hard to comprehend why 125 works well in ER. If the game gets drastically rebalanced then 150 will likely be superior, but for now its too degenerate

or you could do like me and learn how to use yapped to put custom movesets and roll parameters and magic and change armor sets to fit your needs and fashion so that the game becomes your own. the co-op and pvp in this game is soulless and braindead, the worst its ever been, you miss out on more by playing the shitty rushed version that from had to patch a month later so you could do the amgibious shitty quests. i genuinely don't understand why these pvp faggots dont get the rope, the sekiro discussions were of way higher quality as a single player game than this one is with connectivity involved

Huh, sounds like I was the beneficiary of a very strange bug. It happened on a bridge so maybe the collision fucked up and he "fell" to his death? If only I had been recording.

JUMP

Is it true? Is Ranni actually evil in this game?

>nooooo not 150 everyone has a build+
>nooooooooo not 125 certain build i stink at is better than me
>nooooooooo not 100 my build isn't complete yet there :(
not blastin you here man but this is what frontrunners of all this fuckin talk are behind. its personal with it. who do you think is askin for this and why should people follow?

all these games are morally ambiguous
i guess if you think the greater will is good, then yes ranni is evil

I'm currently PVPing with 4 million runes. Are people getting 4 million runes every time I die?

Also, the assholes that summon me just to enter a boss arena don't know what they're missing.

>pvp meta level has always been focused on duels not anything pve related.
I do not believe this to be the case. Take Dark Souls 1 for example. Most players will generally beat the game at around the level 80 mark, still a ways to go from 120. Because of how soul requirements curve in the higher levels, levelling slows down greatly even with the extra souls that NG+ offers. By the time you hit Kiln during NG+, you are very likely around 120-130, very comfortable for most builds to have a good variety with plenty of offense and defense, but with enough distinct stats and builds to fiddle with to encourage variety. Consider also that 120 generally allowed for nearly all spells/equipment in the game that you specialized towards to be used, with only a few notable exceptions that might require a slight dip in one of your auxiliary stats.
BUT, the important thing to note, beyond just ending NG+ at around 120-130 making it a very comfortable level, is also that continued PvE at that level is quite feasible, given how enemy stat scaling works in the cycles beyond NG+, becoming more and more slight until stopping completely at +7. This means that even at 120 you can comfortable beat the game in as many NG+ cycles as you'd like because the amount of damage you are dealing is strong enough to stand up to the scaled-up enemies and bosses in further cycles.
Combine that 120 also allowed for 4 softcaps, and it was very reasonable to make the argument for that level. People ended NG+ there, it allowed for the softcaps to be hit, and the build variety peaked because most equipment could be used. 120 in ER grants NONE of these arguments, and even disregarding the PvE aspect of the meta level (which as just discussed WAS a prominent talking point to promote it) it still doesn't satisfy the attainability of stat requirements for most end-game items/spells whilst still having enough auxiliary points to remain competitive in terms of defense, mana, or stamina.

what were the lucarian scholars doing with the demihumans

Attached: 20220403035850_1.jpg (1920x1080, 393.94K)

I'm level 190 and only growing stronger.

Attached: comfy shantae.jpg (1200x1027, 93.25K)

Bizarre post

Generals belong on

Attached: 1634914117264.png (201x251, 9.54K)

Some chick made a video about this on youtube. Apparently it has to do with the windmill village crazy cannibal people. The windmill people have been cursed or something and that causes them to dance and be mad, so the lucarian scholars are trying to train the demihumans to stop them. There's evidence of this throughout Altus Plateau but I'm not an expert.

>Travel back to Limgrave after 12 hours of battling Melania and bosses in the consecrated snowfields
Wow, I didn't appreciate Limgrave's beauty

>Beat maliketh
>Everything is fucking ugly now
I hate it.

game frontloads A LOT of exploration in the early areas that it makes starting a new character feel fuckin burdening.
but man were those first times through full of lunderlust.

Teaching them magic I assume. There is a demihuman queen staff so they're capable of learning and wielding it.

Kind of... she has dialogue at the very end of her quest that explains her intentions clearly. She has a vision for a new world order, essentially, one which she thinks is correct and which goes against the Two Fingers' completely. It's a philosophical question whether her intended method would actually be better than what currently exists.

Can anyone answer me?
Surely someone who kills me is getting 4 million runes and thinking "What the fuck?" right?

just finished DaS this morning, should i play 3 as well before going into elden ring?

So how do you dodge radagon's slams? Half the time you can jump over them and half the time you just get launched out of the air by an invisible shockwave. Same with bloodhound step. Sometimes it works and sometimes you get launched into the air after iframing the slam.

Attached: how.webm (1000x562, 3M)

By running the other direction probably, same as everything else? Pretty much all the major bosses after Radahn have AOE moves like this. Just run away.

roll into them, jumping is a scam

You can punish radagon hard by jump attacking the slams. It's just hard to get it consistent. Some of them have weirder timings than others. Also you can't run those normally if you solo cause he tracks you. I was just doing co-op to test jump timings.

jumping only iframes the lower half of your body so its janky as fuck compared to rolling

Why OP never post husbando?

I put bloodhound step on to fight Malenia, but I am still too stupid to escape her 3 times special attack.
Kills me every time.
I might be retarded.