How's the enemy variety in Elden Ring?

How's the enemy variety in Elden Ring?

Attached: elden_rings_specifications_for_different_playstation_and_xbox_consoles_and_pc_revealed_3.jpg (1200x900, 83.58K)

lol

Visually they're great and diverse, but they all play the same.

HUGE

Even though it reuses a lot, its still leaps ahead of any other game in terms of sheer variety

Pretty bad. There's not a single new enemy in the mountaintops.

there's blue guys and red guys and yellow guys

Top tier until 75% through the game, then there's almost nothing new for the final stretch.

The few enemies the game has are copy pasted various times.

We've got stone enemies, little stone enemies, dragons! Knights, dead knights, ghoul things, uuuuhh..skeletons...plagued creatures! And that's probably about it.

Worse than Horizon, BOTW, Elder Scrolls etc. I can keep going if you want me to.

variety is good, but somebody told them to make a very big world, so they had to reuse almost every enemy type

After playing through the whole game, if I have to fight another goddamned dragon I am going to go mad. Holy fuck that enemy is reused way too much.

It's weird because there are stand out enemies like the hands, mooks like the soldiers that are everywhere, and then a lot of repetition on things like the wolves and dragons.

There’s repetition, but the game is about the size of dark souls 1 and 2 and 3 combined so it’d be hard not to. Red dead redemption 2 is smaller.

Smaller than it should be for the map size

Do you like fighting big armored man, grotesque pile of pubes and scrotum skin, and big armored grotesque pile of pubes and scrotum skin? Because that's just about everything in the game.

Attached: vgays.png (255x80, 1.36K)

Shit and almost no memorable enemies.

>12 different kinds of dog
>20 different kinds of skeletons
You will have to fight the same corrupted tree spirit 9 times though.

enemy variety:
ctrl+c ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v
strategy:
R1 ctrl+c ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v ctrl+v circle

the albernic chicks on the wolves

It's okay. It does suffer the trope of identical enemy being much stronger in a higher level area. I hate that. Otherwise though it's good.

Pretty good for the first 75% of the game then falls off

Lot of reused stuff, but not half as bad as the Nioh games.

basically disappears once you get to the 50% mark

I honestly can't name a single enemy that really stood out.

you see 90% of the enemies by the time you reach Altus

I don't know, the stormhawks stand out as being fucking annoying cunts worse than dogs

huge but most aren't very memorable

BotW only had five types of enemies: moblins, lizard people, yiga, walking tanks, and lionels

Fromsoft's best

Attached: variety.jpg (812x1200, 196.98K)

dog, human, giant and dragon. sometime skeletons.

No such thing, have fun fighting against generic soldier recolor #3.

I don't understand why they didn't make all enemy types confined to specific zones. Seeing the soldiers and iron maidens and bats etc. everywhere gets boring fast, I much prefer things like the crow dogs that are only in caelid

Better than your favorite game, seriously

>Elder Scrolls
>enemy variety
What are you talking about?

Why is this sub so mad about Elden Ring?

it has enough variety, the problem is that since the game is so big, you end up seeing the same enemies eventually
it takes a bit from the experience when you meet your second astel in some random mine

>generic soldier recolor #3
As oppose to?

Well there is bat mob and demi-human mob and how can I forget dog recolor #4

An eceleb made a video about this now i have to talk about it aswell

Attached: file.png (1029x811, 677.21K)

Attached: 1enemy.png (860x550, 218.96K)

T-posing to assert dominance over the weaker game

Attached: ERsoBad.png (656x452, 121K)

You forgot the chuchus, keese, octoroks, stalfos, wizrobes, and guardians.

So, how many threads have you posted this in so far? This is the second time I'm seeing it

>dude my hecking ebic meaningless numbers!

there is a big amount of different enemies but the devs insisted in placing the same enemies everywhere even tho it was probably unnecessary considering they had more options

Technically better than previous games but for its length it feels a bit samey

>cope

the giant fucking hands? the robot iron maidens? T-rex dogd and birds? come on

what are you talking about

Lot of variety, but their aggression and placement across the map are fairly sub-par. To me, unless it's a more controlled environment like a Legacy Dungeon, it lead to a bulk of the content feeling the same. Doesn't help that positioning or terrain don't really play any meaningful role, despite the environments being rife with potential.

Of course, my post will be met with tranny discord conspiracy because my opinion isn't part of the echo chamber.

That nigga is spamming the same picture in every elden ring thread - I've seen it at least four times now lmao

Better than most open world games but you'll still run into familiar faces late game

>only in Caelid
He doesn’t know….

>nooo I am being persecuted
read the thread dumbass, almost every post agreeing that the enemy variety is good but misplaced or not enough for the game's length

user...

You're right, my bad. Just used to being lambasted for even minor criticisms of Elden Ring. I don't know how many times I've been called a Shazam Discord tranny.

Fucking bird cunts I swear

can't help but to think this is kinda unfair to dark souls, you can find some every unique and weird enemy designs in those games

Shields really fuck them up

whips too

Now that I think about it, it's weird that Souljars weren't used more often. They tended to be hidden away in little clusters way off the beaten path or used as a gimmick once or twice (like those catacombs with all the exploding jars), but they were almost never encountered as regular mobs.