Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/KHHsubs/playlists
gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps3/943326-ryu-ga-gotoku-kenzan/faqs/52464
shenmue.fc2web.com/ryuu/index.html
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzgv-tqL9lOQhB7PG_0U9u9RN6b8zwAcL
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzgv-tqL9lOTPuYLG0TAq3MbvovJRvjFH
khhsubs.tumblr.com/post/92228717296/ishin-guide-in-pdf-format
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I like the odd long face Kiryu had in 1 and 2, it's a shame they totally scrapped it to turn him into Japanese Gigachad.

I still really like the old look of Kiryu but I don't know if it could have worked by the time of 5 or 6 because it looks way younger than he's supposed to be. You could argue the later Kiryus look even younger than that though.

Attached: Bridge to Suburbs.jpg (1344x1512, 586.13K)

Attached: y2.jpg (1920x1080, 897.44K)

At least Kawara's change wasn't that bad. No idea what they were thinking with Takashima at all because being that old pretty much goes against his character unless he was an egotistical 20 year old with grand ambitions even into his 60s.

HAH! LOSERRR!!!!!!
HEY EVERYBODY CHECK OUT THIS LOSER WITH A NAME!!!

Rockstar told me to report this post

The faces in Yakuza are so good.

Ichiban no saishin game wo dozo....

Attached: smoke.jpg (2560x1440, 525.46K)

Yes, his original model was supposed to be some young guy who thought he was hot shit. The new model looks cool but doesn't fit.

Now early Ichiban, now THERE's a face that I'm glad they fixed.

Attached: ichiban.jpg (1073x600, 131.21K)

left looks better. He looks like a grizzled dude who just got out of jail with a fucked up haircut. Right looks like some normal guy doing some Yakuza cosplay

Attached: the4th.jpg (2214x985, 331.17K)

That's... actually really good. A little 'chubbier' than Kiryu's face tho

Looks literally like some turkic guy from central asia now.

Ichiban came out the best.

Attached: ichiban.jpg (2262x1059, 444.73K)

But even when ichiban leaves jail he’s a goofy fuck, he looks grizzled but he’s absolutely not.

He actually looked his age in the PS2 games.

Post early Yagami.

Attached: file.png (448x240, 175.56K)

The Kaito Files have been out for a week, so how long do you guys think it'll be till we get news on Yakuza 8?
Also, how kino was that final battle?

Attached: 1626346698217.webm (1278x720, 774.22K)

Attached: Beta Yagami.png (1250x1875, 1.32M)

I feel like we'll get news around Fall if not later. Just a gut feeling

so now that Judgment is dead do you think Yakuza will go back to being a beat em up

I will never not think about how Sega was this close to not having to deal with Johnny and Associates. I hope they don't stop using Yagami over the pc port issue. His moveset is so goddamn fun.
However, I am looking forward to the tv adaptation. For some reason my mom watches a bunch of foreign cop shows, so I'm gonna recommend it to her when the dub comes out.

Kaito Files was awful though, from what I've seen the asset reusal was blatant, Kaito uses both beast and brawler which sure are fun and flow well in the Judgment dragon engine but my god, the DLC is 5 hours long, reused boss movesets, more shitty OST reusals like the substory sad theme.mp3
And all that shit for 30 bucks, I'm thinking RGGS needs to burn in hell. Let's also not forget the shitty DLC practices LJ launched with.
Really feel like they lost their touch, none of the judgment games where ever near the quality of some of the old games like 5 or even 4.

Attached: 1555895411593.png (792x869, 1.03M)

Attached: Something looks off about Yagami today.webm (644x360, 2.96M)

Kaito files wasn't anywhere near as good as I hoped it would be, but I still honestly loved the execution of the true final boss fight.
I love Kaito as a side character, but I really hope they don't make him the main Judgment character because of Johnny. They made him play way too much like Kiryu.
I still love RGG, although I thought both Judgment games were spectacular, so I can definitely see how you feel burned by them with the short and expensive dlc on top of a game you didn't even like.

Kaito Files was fine for the story, them actually treating Hoshino right after the railing he got in the main story, the Bloodthirsty enemy fights (Even if they're just reusing boss movesets on some of them), the boss fights (Specifically the one at the beginning of chapter 3 and the last two despite the penultimate one being a mix of new moves and Soma), and the new moves that Bruiser and Tank do have. The reusal of a lot of content was really apparent and I'm very disappointed with how there was nothing new besides the story and a couple outfits.
$30 is them sniffing their own farts, you got more content than that in World of Final Fantasy Maxima which I would argue has an even less budget than this had.
>none of the judgment games where ever near the quality of some of the old games like 5 or even 4.
This one I can't agree with at all. Nothing will ever match up to 5 in terms of a plethora of new content but Judgment had tons of new mechanics, two completely new styles, bosses had tons of original movesets with some sprinklings of old movesets, and the story in Judgment was enticing. LJ took longer for the story to get going and they made Yagami feel like a broken record, but the subjects it tackled were still interesting and Kuwana is great.

LJ had a lot of great quality of life changes and finally brought the Dragon Engine where it finally needs to be in terms of mechanics and feel despite some of the questionable balance changes. They also managed to make Ijincho actually a good map with LJ and skateboarding is one of the best additions since sprinting was thrown in there in Ishin. Let's also not forget the really great gauntlets LJ had and some really great boss fights on top of that.

Judgment is easily one of my favorite games in the entire series and LJ is pretty up there as well despite how shaky LJ is at times.

Attached: Lost Judgment_20220328200141.jpg (1920x1080, 1.02M)

You forgot they didn't add NG+ or PA for kaito files too, that's actually unacceptable.

PA is before the final boss considering you unlock the ability to always wear disguises wherever but no NG+ is definitely dumb. It's not like there's any substories to do so that one seems like a weird complaint.

It doesn't matter, it should be the standard that they let you be Kaito and switch disguises even well after finishing the main campaign anyway.
>PA is before the final boss
That's not how it works though, PA should always be after the final boss.

Forgot to add there's minibosses and moves to be unlocked so PA is definitely a valid complaint, even without substories.

Attached: EPzZZFyW4AIZi5E.jpg (1920x1080, 299.35K)

I can't express how glad I was that LJ had gauntlet challenges. We'd been missing out on climax battles for awhile.
How long did it take you guys to beat the Super Amon gauntlet challenge?

>You've done it Kiryu, you've defeated me
>I thought I was the Dragon of Dojima, but all along I was simply a Yakuza Zero...

Attached: 20220327155319_1.jpg (2560x1440, 299.78K)

>That's not how it works though, PA should always be after the final boss.
You have effectively the same thing. If PA was after the final boss what difference would it make besides not being able to fight the final boss? That's literally the only difference between a final save and if PA existed. This isn't like a mainline save where you have substories, Amon, new outfits, and potentially new content locked behind the mode. Every single thing is available with a final save. Hell, this is technically better because you can fight the final boss and the final Bloodthirsty guy with different disguises.

>How long did it take you guys to beat the Super Amon gauntlet challenge?
6 or 7 tries. I mainly just parried into Flux Fissures and EX Burst with Tiger I think. It felt a bit up to chance with what Juzo would try each time.

Not funny dude

He didn't say that.

>Umm Hotta-san, one of your subordinates browned his pants

Attached: 1628321844559.jpg (3840x2160, 668.52K)

>Kaito steals his buddy's sake after the guy just spent his own money on it and lamented that they took the majority of it from him last time.

I love Jo so much, bros. I consider him the greatest vidya character.

Attached: 1632784498191.png (331x99, 65.32K)

How can i play that

have to import it and i think kenzan is physical only

What about emulation

RPCS3 but unless you know japanese you're gonna have to look at a guide while playin

;-;

i feel like yagami's english dub voice would fit beta yagami better than it would actual yagami

based

If we kept this yagami then it'd be on pc...

If it makes you feel better it's the only way you'll ever get to play that game so you should if you really wanna just for the gameplay I guess

Attached: 1648331316012.jpg (1597x1536, 148.1K)

Kenzan you import on PS3 (It's physical only) or emulate it with RPCS3 (It's the best running Yakuza game on it right now).
You use KHHSubs' Kenzan playlist as you play because it translates everything in the main story including interim dialogue. If you are going for 100%, Amon, or just side content then use ThePatrick's GameFAQs guide for everything that's not the main story + Japanese guides for material locations and how to craft specific swords because ThePatrick's guide on that is worthless.
youtube.com/user/KHHsubs/playlists
gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps3/943326-ryu-ga-gotoku-kenzan/faqs/52464
shenmue.fc2web.com/ryuu/index.html (Top section is Kenzan)

Ishin you import on PS3 or PS4 (Physical or digital). PS3 is worse because it lacks a couple features tied to the Vita companion app and streaming in addition to worse resolution and performance. Even if you emulate it you can't go above 30 FPS due to it breaking the game. Base PS4s run it at 60 with drops and screen tearing, Pros run it at 60 stable with no screen tearing in Boost Mode.
You use KHHSubs' Ishin playlist for the main story but he didn't do interim dialogue past chapter 2 because it was too much work. Right now his site is down but there's a PDF of his guide, it's just very clunky to use.
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzgv-tqL9lOQhB7PG_0U9u9RN6b8zwAcL
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzgv-tqL9lOTPuYLG0TAq3MbvovJRvjFH
khhsubs.tumblr.com/post/92228717296/ishin-guide-in-pdf-format

Translation patch for Kenzan is in limbo.
See for the whole deal on why.
Translation patch for Ishin is locked to Discord and they don't really update people much on their progress. Apparently it's close to being done but that was as of the middle of last year.

Both are playable with no Japanese knowledge, 100% on Ishin is easy without any, 100% on Kenzan isn't and you will at some point need to search in Japanese.

Attached: Musashi's first time.webm (640x360, 2.86M)

LJ is better than the tippy top mainline games if only for the School Stories alone. I was more invested in Yagami taking on and mentoring a sidekick than MUH SAWA-SAN and I seriously hope Amasawa keeps coming back. She's one of my favorite characters in the franchise.

Amasawa better come back as some sort of mentor, I totally agree on wanting to see her story through. It just sucks that a lot of the clubs were basically glorified substories (Photography, eSports, and the bar as quick examples) or massively padded (Death Racing and Robotics Club) so you got tired of the actual minigames and just pushed through to see more of the story.

>LJ is better than the tippy top mainline games
Hard disagree.

Attached: 1607130921821.jpg (240x498, 21.12K)

soulbros...

Attached: 1645122366622.jpg (1918x2150, 1.15M)

>quality
>4

w-which one is supposed to be more soulful?

>3 entirely new playable characters
>sewers
>an entire rooftop section
>shitload of long battles
>new minigames like table tennis
You can hate on 4 all you want regarding it's story, but it was a great game for its time.

Attached: 1612504020367.webm (1280x720, 2.81M)

I like them all, my only problem with 4 is they didn't give you time with the characters prior to the final battle. You meet up and then you go. They fixed this in Y5 but by the time you meet up you're almost ready to get the show on the road. They just needed to have a few things to do together.

Yeah I think what they tried to do in 4 was have each character tell a small individual story which they kinda succeeded with Saejima and Tanimura but then Akiyama and Kiryu had to somehow connect ALL the characters together and the devs probably realized it wasn't plausible and just said fuck it, money in the millenium tower, let's fuck up whoever shows up lol.

>al pacino on the left
could be alright but only if it was a really dark and violent story

7 was a dark and violent story for the most part

soul / soulless