It's literally better than the original in every way except music. Even voice acting is better in Twin Snakes

It's literally better than the original in every way except music. Even voice acting is better in Twin Snakes.

Attached: 51RuKFbjiEL.jpg (352x500, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t-2JNLajf1s&ab_channel=jackdonsurfer
youtube.com/watch?v=6miaTf1gF4g
youtube.com/watch?v=VOUeR1v5uZ4
youtu.be/j81nGIJT56k?t=1428
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I haven't played it since it was released, what's wrong with the music?

No.

I want to play this so bad. Is there a version other than Gamecube?

Just play it on Dolphin.

The dark gritty atmosphere of the original is far better than the way they copied the bright clean look from MGS2 that Twin Snakes has.

What's that?

No.

Attached: Cfwa17QXEAAe5vj.jpg (1204x924, 102.36K)

Basically all of the music from the PS1 version is gone. The ONLY improvement is Psycho Mantis' new fight music.

MGS2 makes better use of color than TTS does. It's a much better looking game.

Weren't all of Campbell's lines redone to sound like the Colonel AI?

Its the worst type of remake,

youtube.com/watch?v=t-2JNLajf1s&ab_channel=jackdonsurfer

Not a single one of you can refute a thing said in this video

If you're gonna make a bait thread at least make it believable

>twin snakes is back because some rando e-celeb said so!!
Uh, yeah, no. Try again, sweetie.

>grey fox got his own voice actor instead of sigint's voice actor
made it much better honestly

April fools was 3 days ago.

Most of the time when Yea Forums says this, it's a cop out because they genuinely can't compete with an actual essay with evidence, even if it's high school quality. That's why other Yea Forumstards start parroting what the Youtuber says; because you'd just ignore the argument no matter how logical if it game from le Youtube boogeyman (many of which, at least the kinds that make autistic critiques of games, are basically the same as Yea Forums users except they have the balls to post without the veil of anonymity)

Matrix cutscenes sucked and voice acting had some bad moments. Besides that I loved FPV and the better graphics

You're on Yea Forums and you don't know what an emulator is...

The absolute state of zoomers

>better graphics

Attached: wheresthecolor.png (600x674, 349.26K)

God MGS1 is so ugly. Look at all those fucking pixels

>See sick shit like this
>Immediately think it's garbage
You guys must be fun at parties

Attached: kino.gif (266x150, 2.97M)

this. twin snakes is the japanese version of MGS.

It is a good remake that respects the original. Unlike other remakes that try to play with expectations.

I like the idea that Twin Snakes is MGS retold by Otacon. Would explain the raw chuuni injected into the cutscenes.

I think it's cool and I like it

kys

He makes some of the same points I've made about MG2 vis-a-vis MGS1, but I don't agree with his conclusion that MGS1 is better. He is right about The Twin Snakes, but that's a dead horse. And he deserves to be beaten for suggesting MGS1 be remade in MGSV's image.

Stop using an entire fucking video essay to support your opinions. Why not, I dunno, post something? You're on Yea Forums, no one cares about 15 minute videos or something,

Glad OP found the right board for shitposting instead of shitting up /vr/.

No one cares about anyone's opinion on here either, retard. Yea Forums's not for discussion.

lol no.

>in every way except music
bruh, the cutscene with Baker was enough to make me delete the copy I pirated. such a fucking bad interpretation of Snake. I don't care if the gameplay is directly from MGS2.

>Worse visual design
>Worse OST
>Worse VA
>Worse localization
>Butchered gameplay
>Ruined atmosphere
Yeah, fuck off.

>"Snake; we're not tools of the government or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing, the only thing I was good at. But, at least I always fought for what I belived in."

This delivery was way better in the original than TT

Attached: 1646942579704.jpg (1224x1425, 161.71K)

>defending muh cutscenes
The problem with Twin Snake's cutscenes isn't that they're over the top wacky wohoo Dante horseshit, it's that they just feel like they're very obviously not directed by Hideo Kojima and thus feel incongruous not just with the original MGS1, but the other Metal Gear Solids in their editing, pacing, and framing even taking into account how Kojima's own style becomes more bombastic in later entries. TTS just stands out from the rest in a poor way.

To be fair MGS1 itself already feels pretty different from everything else in directorial style.
One of the most prominent things about MGS1's cutscenes are those dramatic flashes of white with that whooshing sound, those aren't found anywhere else in the series despite being so distinct. It does lend the game a unique feeling and make the experience more heightened compared to 2 and 3's more grounded approach to cutscenes.

It's also canon

Attached: 1447528331515.gif (350x240, 110.05K)

posted without comment

Attached: why-tts-sucks.webm (960x540, 2.93M)

>vtranny
too easy.

the voice acting is worse

Attached: 1578939901165.jpg (688x677, 62.61K)

It's missing this
youtube.com/watch?v=6miaTf1gF4g

that's fucking hilarious

Wait, is "The Best Is Yet To Come" seriously not in Twin Snakes? I played both and never realized.

you get used to the new OST. but is not as good as the original.

To be fair, Rob Paulson was an infinitely better casting choice than Greg Eagles for Frank Jaeger

People claim Naomi is a huge step down, but her fake accent is so bad that they're equally shit. Its the kind of thing I didn't notice as a kid but as an adult its so noticeable that it took me out of the experience replaying the PS1 version as an adult. At least TS Naomi is consistent with MGS4's.

Also you're a literal retard if you think Mei Ling is a downgrade.

you're absolutely right, I can't believe someone other than me has this opinion.

yeah. buy in terms of acting. lacks the soul and pain of fox.

It's fuckin funny, and it's the non-canon ending anyway.
But yeah, they may have overdone it in a couple of places.

>haha look at le funny man pissing himself xD la creatividad does it again
>NOOOOOOO HOW COULD A LIMPING MAN SLIP ON SNOW WTF ITS RUINED
You people are morons

I could've sworn it was missing but quickly searching it seems it's actually in the game.

I bet the label on the discs of your copy of Twin Snakes is kinda fucked up

>PSX version takes place during a pleasant sunrise, perfect for the end of the journey after the rest of the game's damp and dreary areas.
>Twin Snakes version is as grey and ugly as everything else.

Attached: mgsendingb.png (1445x721, 1020.11K)

Shit like this is why this game is great

Attached: snek.gif (452x254, 1.82M)

I do, I just haven't used one in years; besides, I like to play on consoles.
I'm too old to know, not too young :(

Mantis boss theme is the best thing that came from Twin Snakes

>all reviews.
>you cant AIM in 1st person.
yes you can specially in the pc version and japanese integral.

I don't mind the different accents Naomi and Mei Ling speak in in the remake but Campbell and Snake both sounded more natural in MGS1, while in TTS both sound like their MGS2 counterparts, which I think are both downgrades--Hayter's Snake being too cartoonish and Eiding's Campbell too stiff (albeit that worked in MGS2 where he played a literal AI-pseudo-Campbell but that's not the case here). Here's two instances of the same conversation for reference:

youtube.com/watch?v=VOUeR1v5uZ4
youtu.be/j81nGIJT56k?t=1428

Horrible soundtrack. Also, snake almost murders baker because he’s a senile old man