I didn't understand this series but i respect it's fans

i didn't understand this series but i respect it's fans

Attached: Final_Fantasy_wordmark.svg.png (2560x486, 34.47K)

thanks

You have to play each game in chronological order to understand it. Its not a game where you can just jump into any random one and expect o understand the story. Each game's story feeds into the next one and can't be interpreted individually.

Attached: 1632052858466.jpg (731x720, 119.7K)

This lol every retard says that about everything.

it's not a good series when there's only two, maybe three objectively good games if including spin offs (VII, IX, XIII-2)

maybe i will give it a shot

do what this user says, start from 1 and if you want to be a smart kid start from the spin-offs

wait what? i thought it was an anthology thing like legend of zelda

Absolutely. Be sure to play the Mario games in release order from SMB to Odyssey or else you might miss out on key plot points.

the normalfag take is to not connect them, when in reality, they actually have an order

That's a common mistake, you see, the reason why each release is numbered is because they are a series. Zelda is not a numbered series. Its not like Metal Gear Solid, where the player has to start at 3, then 5, then 1, then 2, then 4; Final Fantasy is meant to played in 1, 2, 3, ... order.

Attached: 1644393160032.jpg (1080x1080, 129.2K)

Alright...I'm starting my final fantasy journey...jumping right into the fray. My adventure starts now...into the world of video gaming.

Playing them in official timeline order might be a bit easier to follow for new players.
It goes X > X-2 > IV > V > XIV > XI > I > III > IX > II > VI > XV > VIII > VII > XII > XIII > XIII-2 > Lightning Returns

Attached: sugary.jpg (850x1513, 279.48K)

Thinking about playing through them all in Japanese just for the immersion experience.
I've done this simply because I'm autistic about numbers.

Attached: 1648057799994.jpg (215x235, 7.95K)

Kek, My fucking sides. Happy national Autism day to these three anons.

Attached: 1642491140850.jpg (960x720, 99.19K)

You really shouldn't. The fanbase is the actual worst one.

Where the actual fuck did you pull this out of your ass from.
Tell me there is a 3+ hour video or a 50 page thesis on this, I need a good laugh.

>you just have to spend 500+ hours playing this series before you can tell whether it's good or not

Rookie numbers. I have 3.4k hours in Factorio and 1.2k hours in Katamari.

This but without a single iota of irony
Playing the games in order is essential to understand the development of the series

Attached: 1648489578776.jpg (936x517, 160.21K)

>1.2k hours in Katamari.
nice but also fucking how

XV should be on the border of bad and overhated.
It's not -that- bad, it's another people expected too much out of a shitty company deal.

No memes but there are some with direct storyline continuity within the main text and not the subtext like X>X-2>X-2.5>VII Compilation or XII>XII RW>TA2>T>VS>TA>TA2 (Prologue & Epilogue)
And then there's some in the Main Text like II>II SoR>IV>IV Inter>IV TAY or Mobius>I
Then the grander theming of the Void where everything is connected.

>And then there's some in the Sub Text like II>II SoR>IV>IV Inter>IV TAY or Mobius>I
fixed

I just made it up thinking of all kinds of tenuous connections I could to make it work.
>X at the start cause civilization is super primitive thanks to Sin
>Medieval games with crystals come after, when society's developed a bit
>End of IX has the one remaining crystal getting destroyed, so none of the games after it have crystals
>II to VII is purely based on the level of technological advancement
>XII after VII cause it's when society begins to rebuild after the world almost gets royally fucked over by Shinra and Jenova and you start seeing spaceships and shit even though overall society's kind of on the primitive side
>XIII after XII cause no one can use magic and it's the most technologically advanced setting in the series

Attached: betty.webm (640x640, 2.08M)

>IX
>Overrated
bait

>respecting ff spergs

Attached: 1649057717362.jpg (400x400, 31.53K)

Attached: r8 or h8.jpg (936x612, 137.7K)

>not enough people hate II
It's literally the only FF everyone can agree is shit.

objectively worse in every way

>XV not on here because it literally is not a Final Fantasy game
Based

>XIII bad because it's bad okay
You lost me

hello?

Attached: Final Fantasy XVI.jpg (1414x2000, 2.08M)

IX is overrated and posts like yours prove it.

Attached: 93d.jpg_large.jpg (600x374, 38.88K)

FFXI Online goes nicely into the "Good" category. FFXIV fits into the Good category too

I can't wait to play this in 2027

MMOs aren't real games, he was right not to include them

no time to edit some shitty image

>Good
V, VII
>Overrated
VI, IX, X
>Overhated
XIII (the original)
>Neutral
III
>Underrated
I, VIII, XI
>Underhated
IV, XIII-2, XIV
>Bad
II, LR, XV

Cringe

I'm going to be honest. After XV, Stranger of Paradise, and how they treated WoFF I have no hope for this one. It will be shit and you can screencap this. If I am wrong I will go have sex with a tranny.

>there are Yea Forumstards that to this day still have not acknowledged what FFX-2 has contributed to gaming.
It's time to apologize.

Attached: poopie.png (1280x716, 1.07M)

You already do that everyday when you touch yourself, faggot.

You wouldn't say that in public.

virtual daycare isn't video games, tranny

I love FFV, but after playing Bravely Default + Second and FF Dimensions, I couldn't go back

>That shit about X
user, what?
You do realize Tidus' Zanarkand was a real place that was actually that advanced at one time, right?

>ff12
>good

lmao the game quite literally plays itself

Say that to my face faggot. I'll make you a pre op tranny

Yeah? But it's not like that anymore and hasn't been for hundreds of years, what we see of the actual Spira is way less advanced than anything in the other games.

>he likes nu-FF
>calls literally anyone else a faggot.

Attached: 1647523738285.png (888x1274, 88.02K)

>what we see of the actual Spira is way less advanced than anything in the other games.
Wanna know how I know FFX was your first FF game?

Attached: 1648260660836m.jpg (726x1024, 96.27K)

I do wanna know.

Thanks for proving my point.
Now go and educate yourself.

agreeing with , XV isn't really bad, it's just underwhelming

On a side note I'll never understand why people get so mad about FF4, barely anyone talks about it or claims it's the best ever, it's just kind of popular among the people who played it on release

Attached: WotV_Rosa.png (837x907, 517.06K)

You didn't tell me, I was just curious since you were so wrong and all that.

>but but you're wrong
>X w-wasnt my first FF game
Shhh shhh, it's okay. No one is judging you, it was just a simple observation. No need to get all emotional.

You seem weirdly invested in this for something that spawned from a shitpost lol

I know its cringe, but FF has literally been my life. So I wouldn't expect you to understand how pissed and devastated internally I am at the current state of the series and where it's going forward.

Try it out, play FF7 and FFX to get an idea of whether or not you like the series, play FFXV if you want more action. It’s not for everyone but if it’s for you holy fuck it’s for you

t. never gave Final Fantasy a chance for years because it sounded nerdy but decided to try it and now love it

kek

X-2 is ass AIDS

They are totally games. People just like changing the definition of things to make their points 'real'. Just like you changed the meaning of 'woman' to magically become one.

Attached: fix.jpg (980x779, 155.84K)