Linux GAMING THREAD

linux GAMING THREAD

Attached: linux_PNG13.png (2000x2357, 569.47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.gnome.org/christopherdavis/2022/04/03/plans-for-gnome-43-and-beyond/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

for me? its ace of spades

Attached: 1638922519695.png (608x558, 10.22K)

Grim Dawn, it just werks.

Attached: GD.jpg (2560x1440, 1.54M)

god I wish I had the money to rebuild my PC fully AMD and just go to town on a gaming distro. I fucking hate windows. Every time I wake up something's changed. PC just didn't shut down yesterday when I went to bed, fucker kept on humming and cost me good night of sleep.

I've decide to game exclusively at 640x480

Attached: rdj.jpg (600x598, 132.66K)

Attached: 1629834776836.png (266x301, 153.46K)

Attached: 480p gamin.png (640x480, 345.53K)

Why do you need to rebuild your PC to try a free OS?

He's probably worried about the nvidia drivers being kind of butt.

they are just fine, no issues on my 3090 ti

Do they have any regular issues besides fucking up wayland? I've used a 660/950/1060 without trouble.

well this is gonna be a short thread

I wouldn't know I have 5700 XT and before that a rx 580

Mine also work fine for basic use but the fucking nvidia-settings don't have per application settings and it pisses me off.

nVidia is the choice of the transgender and LGBT enjoyer.
AMD is the choice of chads and men of stature.
You choose.

anyone get crashes on the loading screen in wow?

Playing Wartales and Starcraft Remastered.

Attached: Screenshot_20220404_213151.png (1920x1080, 1.52M)

They can, I switched from Nvdiia to AMD years ago now because my Nvidia card could not properly detect my 2160p monitor.
Still my experience with the Nvidia drivers was that they were mostly fine. They're a good user experience normally.

They haven't really gotten worse, its just AMD have gotten so much better that they make Nvidia look bad by comparison.

with that faggot penguin?

try again

Attached: 2022-04-04_19-39.png (1236x437, 33.47K)

Kys

WANT TO SEE A HILARIOUS JOKE?

sudo rm *

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH I'M SO FUNNY!

>think to myself should probably play some commercial games for a change
>another doom wad drops out of nowhere

I literally cannot stop dooming

Attached: 1648257860591.png (216x520, 11.55K)

>sudo mkdir /faggot
>cp (you) /faggot
>sudo purge /faggot

just got Mint up and running. took like 4 hours to figure out why my additional HDDs were stuck in read-only mode. but should be smooth sailing here on out.

nice theme. are you one of those oldschool hardcore amiga autists or do you just like the aesthetic?

How about another joke, user?

Attached: SUS.jpg (768x159, 41.04K)

DAY 38
elden ring stutters are STILL not fixed on windows, while they were fixed in under a week for linux

Attached: 1649126645792.png (674x679, 358.99K)

What actually happens when you do this
It removes everything? So after that it’s just a black screen? WHAT HAPPENS

My xfce DE looks more like AmigaOS 4 than my KDE DE, but I actually do own an old machine running AmigaOS. I'm not sure what that classifies me as, but I also like to mimic OS 9 and NEXT.

Nice, you add them to fstab?

Yeah it deletes all the files in whatever folder that you have open.

>

Attached: 1626619942437.png (500x501, 194.13K)

deletes all the files inside the directory you are in. if you make a empty directory and enter it, then nothing will happen when you run it. (it will not delete other directories either)

Tux comes to you while you sleep and sodomizes you

nothing because you need to add -r to make it recursive and --no-preserve-root for it to actually wipe the whole disk

nvidia card mostly. but I want to upgrade anyways and I'd use the opportunity to switch to linux.

Oh right ok I’m new to Linux I thought he was doing a “delete everything ever” command

>sometimes break on updates
>no TearFree. ForceCompositionPipeline is unusable on some setups because it causes stuttering
>they perform worse than the Windows drivers while in AMD's case the Linux drivers actually perform better
>usually a much higher performance hit with VKD3D than on AMD
>sometimes DX12 games won't work at all on NVIDIA while running fine on AMD
>no GamesCope

whats wrong with nvidia? i have my hands on unreleased trash and it still runs war thunder at 200+ fps 4k everything maxed

Attached: 2022-04-04_19-47.png (1544x1444, 290.41K)

nah, even more stupid fix. they needed the partitions repaired, even though they were not reporting any errors. it was a last ditch effort before just formatting them both and repopulating from my backup.

KDE+Bismuth is peak fucking comfy, lads. I recommend it if you've wanted to try a tiling window manager, but don't feel like wasting an endless amount of time getting your entire desktop set up. I constantly went back and forth between my dwm config and KDE, because I would get sick and tired of implementing everything myself in dwm. Now, I've got my keybindings configured just like dwm, so now I get all the comfiness of a tiling window manager with a justwerks desktop. It also means you get a tiling desktop with great mouse support too, and I've always thought it was a shame that tiling window managers had such shit mouse support.

Now my autism is contained within configuring Emacs, but at least the rest of my desktop doesn't have to suffer as a result.

>but I actually do own an old machine running AmigaOS. I'm not sure what that classifies me as
i'd say that puts you in amiga autist territory. after all, isn't the old amiga hardware hilariously expensive nowadays?

Can't wait for GNOME 43

Why? What's so exciting about it?

Depends, you can actually buy a broken a machine and repair the individual parts for very cheap, but people selling them on eBay for 2000+ are nostalgia scammers. I got mine from my Dad though. He collected a lot of electronics and took great care of them. Thanks to him I have the Palm m100, m500, Tungsten E, E2, and TX in mint condition.

blogs.gnome.org/christopherdavis/2022/04/03/plans-for-gnome-43-and-beyond/

Nothing, he's trolling. Gnome is a piece of shit, and for gaming it bloats your system. KDE has mouse acceleration options, actual xinput settings and is lighter on your system.

>and Beyond
None of this is coming in 43. Most of the stuff listed exists only in the author's imagination.

you realize all that is literally a config file edit that can be done on any system right?
also kde literally uses almost identical system resources

what about the pop_os fork of it? promising?

>fork
its just preconfigured with extensions

GNOME also has a mouse acceleration setting, but it's hidden away because they like to pretend they're MacOS.
No.

>run with cope layer

Attached: 1647607812832.jpg (830x440, 39.5K)

I heard they're were gonna develop their seperate DE and all.

just use ubuntu
or fedora workstation

>Gnome is a piece of shit, and for gaming it bloats your system. KDE has mouse acceleration options, actual xinput settings and is lighter on your system.
You're forgetting the single most pathetic thing about GNOME, the great joke that has made Linux a laughingstock and tripped up new users for nearly 2 fucking decades: the filepicker meme.

And although those worthless niggers claim they're finally going to fix it in this blog post: , I'll believe it when I see it. They talked about using Nautilus as the filepicker like 4-5 years ago, and that went nowhere. Font rendering in GTK4 is also still completely fucked, and they refuse to admit it's a problem.

Attached: 1644276258995.png (700x1080, 608.18K)

Their upcoming totally new DE will reuse like 95% of existing GNOME components.

No it doesn't. Gnome loads dumb shit like CSS, Vala, HTML, JS, Java, TypeScript, Pyhton, Rust, and 100 of libs just to render 1 window, where as anything QT is just C, C++, and QML. There's a reason why Apple and Microsoft use QT backings and KDE devs know this too. Gnome is the retard's choice of distro. Shit can't even load thumbnails in the file picker in 2022, but uses 3Gigs of ram for Nautilus.

I can't reccomend PopOS as I got into an argument with Micheal Murphy over his blatant stealing of other open source projects and rewriting them in other languages and calling them his own. I called him out and he got into a SEETHE fest over it. They banned me from all their shitty social media sites since then.

But all they are doing is rewriting Gnome in Rust, which is again, why I hate them. They can't code, they just rewrite shit. So you're going to be stuck on Gnome Rust Edition.

Attached: 1646770360799.jpg (822x822, 291.19K)

nah on ext4 that would be sudo rm rf / *
rm being the remove command
rf meaning recursive AND forced
/ being the root directory of your file system (all files)
and the asterisk ignoring safeguards

>posts steve jobs
itoddlers have to use wine as well

Runs most games better than windows so I'm not mad.

Correction: DE not Distro. My bad.

Is that an issue?
Gnome Disks is pretty good.