Sources: Sony planning a Major Acquisition

>Acquisition might be announced very soon, possibly this week or month
>It's not an American studio but possibly an European or Japanese studio
>The next company to be swooped up will be another company with internal issues and enormous IP offerings...Read into that what you will.

blacksportsonline.com/2022/04/sony-entertainment-planning-major-acquisition/

Attached: 1649122122140.jpg (1080x977, 141.52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eV37fQld6dU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They should buy something based like Ubisoft or CDPR, not shit like cucknami or crapcom

youtu.be/eV37fQld6dU
Woah. Those are some dirty lyrics.

Not a single person leaked Microsoft buying Bethesda and Activision or Sony buying Bungie
The only people with knowledge of these deals are need to know board level executives and shareholders, and they say nothing because they'd get raped by the FTC for insider trading if word got out

>Exclusivity Good!
>Oligopoly's are based

Attached: 6ca.png (645x973, 49.94K)

Last week they were acquiring Ubisoft, then Konami, now any European or Japanese studio. They sure have a lot of money.

Attached: 1641997826239.jpg (480x360, 8.79K)

a game for once?

And its still less then Microsoft spent getting Activition

Konami is making record profits thanks to firing Kojimbo, axing the majority if their game develpment staff and keeping a barebones crew to make coomer gacha games.
That and their pachinko machines

you say that like it's a good thing

Sony buying studios is not a big deal desu, their exclusives always come to PC day 1 on Gamepass and sometimes even Switch (like Ori and Minecraft Dungeons)
Sony are the bad guys

SONY JUST ACQUIRED PLAYSTATION

Please don't let it be Konami. I don't want Snoy fucking up Yu-Gi-Oh anymore than it already is

That's the power of the bombers.

Attached: af857a20f27ce0bb9c151b73296a3185.jpg (1087x1616, 1.26M)

>AAA studios getting merged into 1 piece of generic shit
>Indie Renaissance era on the rise
>normies now have containment devices
>Indie bros chilling on GNU/Linux + Steam
Great start to the decade.

Attached: 1648909567847.webm (854x480, 2.85M)

>Sony says they are investing in GaaS
>Buy Konmai and convert master duel into a hardcore P2W grindathon
I would bleed out my eyes

lol yeah right

Ubisoft and they win this generation. Any other company is a misstep.

>blacksportsonline.com

>wtf I love ubishit now

I hope to god it's capcom

Where were you in the early 2010s?

Please be Square Enix.
Ubisoft is pure ass now. They've completely ruined Assassin's Creed.

Why is it all we've seen for two years is leaks about Sony buying companies yet all the actual acquisitions are never leaked and are never the studios the leaks mention?

In 2010 I was 20 years old, dating a weeb chink and in college trying to make it as a med student. By 2016 I broke up with her, changed major to Computer Engineer, graduated some years later and now I work for an automobile robotics company. Why do you ask?

>companies blindly acquiring other companies without even making the games exclusive
This current meta is so fucking stupid

Attached: wtf33.jpg (1080x563, 332.73K)

Whyd you break up with her? Why did you switch careers from Medicine to Engineering?

Acquisitions are typically only known by higher ups in a company and their announcements are usually a complete surprise to most employees of the companies involved. These "leakers" are full of shit.

>Whyd you break up with her?
Asian chicks get more controlling the closer they get to 30. Mine started picking fights with me over dumb shit like buying myself headphones with my own money instead of buying her a pair. I'd rather not date at all, now that I graduated, most women are easy and desperate for someone in my field. Bitches are worst than jews when it comes to money.
>Why did you switch careers from Medicine to Engineering?
I saw period blood for a few years and decided that I could deal with people. Robots that build cars are chill as fuck. I'd rather work with them.

How badly would they fuck up the physical card game

>>The next company to be swooped up will be another company with internal issues and enormous IP offerings.
Capcom.

It's going to be From and Capcom.

They'd add 'Multidimensional Travelers', AKA, an archtype centered around cameos from Playstation mascots. Expect for them to be a meta deck for a long time. MD Traveler Lombax can search any other MDT card, MD Traveling Father and Son can hand negate spells AND special summon themselves during opponent's turn, etc...

They are just gonna buy another shitty studio that barely make games.

I.e. it's a controlled leak

we need to ban console altogether

Attached: 1636357790662.jpg (1280x720, 76.16K)

is goning to be nintendo or gamefreak

>Guise it's happening I swear.

based

Attached: 1632808411661.gif (540x540, 3.74M)

>>The next company to be swooped up will be another company with internal issues and enormous IP offerings. Also outside IS jurisdiction and has made exclusives for them in the past.

Assuming this is even true, and I don’t believe it is because how would a literal who on Twitter know about Japanese business deals but no one in Japan does, it’d be either square enix or Konami. Probably square enix.

I swear if it's Bamco or FromSoftware I'm gonna fucking lose it..

Attached: 1646317170992.jpg (353x599, 33.49K)

if it is Bamco i be very mad mad

No matter what Sony acquires, Yea Forums will seethe and say its bad despite worshipping Microsoft over every single acquisition they did

Attached: 1473724223349.jpg (252x260, 5.78K)

Every "rumor" that I've read has been leaning towards FromSoftware.

>buy Game Freak
>buy Creatures Inc
>both companies own 30% of the Pokemon Company
Imagine the seethe at Nintendo HQ lol

It'll be Capcom or FromSoft

That becuse Sony kill what they acquires like japan stuiod

It's IO Interactive.
Screencap this post

Attached: 1606351450736.png (244x414, 125.19K)

>>Indie Renaissance era on the rise
Citation needed. They all blend together trying to be quirky low res/no shader fuckfest.

Pls don't be capcom

Exclusivity is fucking GREAT! Some of the best selling games on Steam were made by Sony studios. Fuck PC users. Lock it all away on Sony systems like Nintendo does, then they would see some actual sales numbers.

>something based like Ubisoft or CDPR
stfu retard

Attached: 1642281324338.gif (498x333, 2.22M)

Yes, exactly. They should do that.

They're going to grab and ruin Platinum, aren't they?

Japan Studio wasn't profitable. You should have bought their games if you're still assmad about it.

Competition is great. Hopefully this means an arms race in games between MS and SONY

This. These faggots bitch and moan when Sony or Disney do it but actively celebrate when Microsoft does it.

Ubisoft is not based, what is your definition of based?

>FromSoft
The absolute seething from PC onlies will be amazing

Not my fault sony allowed bloodborne and everybody's golf to flop

It'd be strange, considering they are working on an Xbox exclusive right now.

Imagine lacking this much self awareness

they would 100% keep the games multiplat though, unless they do another sony x from collab but idk how they would do that when japan studios is dead

>they would 100% keep the games multiplat though
No they wouldn't. They would release low quality ports later on PC with no support

Exclusives are good. They force companies to make good games so people will buy their machines. If they dont do that then no one will their console.

They're working on a James Bond game.

wtf are you on about
sonys recent PC ports have shat all over their initial consoles releases in terms of quality, they actually put some effort into them

It's just gonna be some nobody studio/publisher in europe that Sony's gonna overpay for again.

They dont have competent people negotiating good prices for them so they're paying over the market like for Bungie again.

Did you buy the game? Or pirate it?

watch it be a reskinned shitman game

Hasn't been true since the 6th gen.

With what money?

Why aren't they using that money to make games?

Attached: 1522797043562.jpg (460x578, 102.31K)

Bought both at full price.

>Why aren't they using that money to make games?
They don't like games

Based Finnish Molotov appreciator.

> Sony announces they are acquiring embracer group
> sony suddenly has more IP and studios under their belt than the entire industry.

They don't have money. And the rumors are nothing more than fanboys still coping over Microsofts big studio acquisitions

hopefully it's japshit or dark souls guys since I don't play that stuff

>major acquisition
>sony
lmao

such as...they never did, at least not in the past 10 years.

It's Square Enix, with the help of the Mouse.

Has been forgotten since the 6th gen* and it’s why PC is displacing consoles

Embraced Group has such an evil name.

There's no way Sony can afford to buy From from Kadokawa you fucking idiots

The time to buy From was before. It is too late.