Made in abyss game got a new trailer, looks kinda bad

youtu.be/PxxlMXk_yUk
made in abyss game got a new trailer, looks kinda bad

Attached: 1625251560968.png (1187x576, 1.06M)

Man...this will be a 6/10 at best...

Did they shove it off to some no name studio for the least pay possible?
It looks like one of those shovelware licensed games you'd get on the DS or PSP.

please god don't let PS4 ver be censored.

>that animation
oh...

Attached: 1556417061703.jpg (590x598, 39.82K)

>licensed vidya looks like shit
Color me surprise

>Character walks directly into spikes and dies instead of just walking around them
Nice "gameplay".

>Anime/manga made around dungeon crawler tropes + extra stuff and twists
>Gets a game
>Is not a grid based dungeon crawler
Why not just reuse assets and do a Zanki Zero clone?

Reminds me of Phantasy Star 0

MOTH MOTH MOTH

Attached: 1640039189442.png (2048x1628, 2.65M)

>bad manga
>bad anime
>bad game
>bad fanbase
what's the big deal?

>Spike Chunsoft

There's your answer.

someone told me anybody who likes this series is a pedophile

how much budget did they put into this? $30?

I wish they'd gotten Atlus to make it. Spike Chunsoft is better for VNs

Exactly my thoughts too. I wanted the Etrian Odyssey team to work on it. Would have been GOTY.

Grating voice acting, ugh. It will have dual audio at least, but this clearly seems to suffer from 'downsizing to the lowest common denominator' - i.e. the Switch. It could pass off as a GCN or PS2 game.

Dissapointing. I was really looking forward to it.

Sadly doesn't look very good. Also, I know people want a game in which they play through the story of the series, but I figured that Made in Abyss would be way better suited to be something like Sunless Seas, a game in which you were a diver, exploring Abyss that was randomly generated for each run, with you finding relics and companions that could help you in your adventure. At the same time you could be training an apprentice who'd inherit some of your items and stats if you died.
Just figured it'd be cool.

awful voice acting, I set the volume at 5% and it was stlil too loud

it looks like fucking trash user dont lie this is what happens when you have to make sacrifices for the switch and hire a company that is used to making text """"games""""

>There were people on this board that were unironically excited for this
I can't even

Attached: 1619570420287.gif (638x355, 2.37M)

What sacrifice did they make? This was probably the best company deal a mangaka can dream to get

The CERO rating was a good sign that at least shit was gonna get messy.
But boy, this is disappointing...

>looks kinda bad
honestly that's pretty much what I was expecting from this. would have been nice if the game was good, but I'm not that surprised.
>watch the first bit of the trailer
>that screeching voice
jesus christ is that what the dub sounded like

bros why

Attached: mfw.jpg (820x791, 136.27K)

It looks like shit, absolute trash
I'm so fucking excited

I don't care about the graphics. I just want to know how much freedom to explore and look for treasure the game gives the player. I hope it's not just a linear story.

Attached: nanaaaa.jpg (550x550, 58.43K)

Good i will enjoy my my soulful game, normalfags can fuck off and go play elden ring

retard edgies that like torture so love this piece of shit.

>OP starts playing
>MC starts puking
>MC gets spiked by an Orb piercer
>MC touching some thorns and getting ripped apart
>MC getting killed by the porcupine
>2 scenes of Riko bleeding out and dying
>Ozen chucking your MC like a ragdoll

It's perfect, normalfaggots getting filtered by the shitty Switch graphics is the icing on the cake.

>I just want to know how much freedom to explore and look for treasure the game gives the player. I hope it's not just a linear story.
oh no no no. Don't get your hopes up

Attached: 1518714580521.gif (600x293, 2.14M)

this

>turn on english dub
>screechy, ear-piercing voices
>turn on japanese dub
>screechy, ear-piercing voices
yo dawgs, maybe anime just sucks

Why switch boxart always look better in third party games?

The English voice for Jiruo is so bad. What direction did they even give him? Sound like you're bored and don't care?

>Spoiler
Well of course. Most games based on the show that aren't Fightan, Musou, VN or RPG are terrible or painfully mediocre. Unironically think Miyazaki should've directed this than ER.

Attached: 1520559058723.jpg (489x541, 63.62K)

Didn't expect this to be good. Not sure why anybody did, almost every modern anime licensed game has been shit.

Attached: 1640661193500.png (601x508, 128.14K)

I wonder if the VA's even wanted to work on this given it's content.

What's bad about it?

All the english voices sound like no effort, and you assume they were given direction in the first place. Obviously they don't give a fuck.
It will be dual audio at least.

Attached: Dual audio.png (283x299, 23.1K)

Why doesn't Bandai Namco give any anime game that isn't Dragon Ball, Naruto, or One Piece a decent fucking budget? I'm actually shocked this has the dub in the first place, normally they skip it to save money

Also I like how the thread is blaming the Switch for this game looking low budget and pretending this is the first ever licensed anime game to be on Switch

Attached: ozen.png (500x500, 225.89K)

Cool world building and designs, manga has good art
What's to dislike?

Attached: kill me.jpg (1280x720, 102.26K)

That would be mobile games user, it has been for a while now

I don't get what was so bad about this, the Drifting Classroom had children dying too.

normalfags can't handle anything with a cuter artstyle having "gore" (it's really all just blood)

they are obvious ill-intended works made a by degenerate, in my view there are two type of people who enjoy MiA, evil subhumans and manchildren too dumb to see what's behind it

Imagine making manga inspired by games like Xenoblade and having a game worse than it.

Game of Thrones was just as if not more degenerate and it was a worldwide phenomenon.

Yet you post here. Funny that...

Looks like garbage
Someone post the fanart

This ain't Bamco, buddy.

Looks like absolute dogshit. Nips are really falling behind.

Fucking nips

>Also I like how the thread is blaming the Switch for this game looking low budget
I don't think anyone other than you said that.
Which is honestly surprising.

MiA is high art similar to the likes of classical paintings, Tarkovsky film, Akira, Lord of the Rings. If you don't understand it, you simply never will.

Japanese games never moved past PS2

the difference is that the GoT audience hates Ramsay or Joffrey
MiA fans like Bondrewd, a character who actually does much worse than those, he tortures and brutally murders children

You mean you didn't.

nah buddy you're just a degenerate

glad to see ps2 games still kickin

I never had hope for this but even then I'm disappointed.

You simply don't understand high art, stick to marvel movies :)

actually looks work than a ps2 game

Groomer's Tranime game

Funny you say that since MiA is the anime equivalent of a Marvel movie considering it's popularity and number of manchildren it attracts

Strange, you would be a huge fan if it attracted people like that :) It's OK if you don't understand it, high art and story telling isn't for everyone.

>Anime and manga about exploring the unknown
>game focuses on a retelling of the story
>its also linear
Holy kek this looks atrocious

>Made in Abyss videogame
>Not made by Experience or the team behind Etrian Odissey
And to the trash it goes

the numbers say otherwise mr retard

bamco only does the games for shonen jump properties

Yes, it is a true cultural movement. It is without a doubt an artistic event of the first importance, similar to the wurm ouroboros.

Man, an actual Made in Abyss inspired dungeon crawler would be been kinda kino.

Looks like a Gamecube era game. Don't have a problem with it yet, but it could be worth waiting for the Christmas sale to bring it down a bit.

A story is only as good as it's villain.

Crisis is a GC era game. This looks like they didn't even tried.

Attached: 1624622350011.jpg (3264x2144, 3.55M)

They have quite a few others under their belt but yeah MiA isn't one of them.

>muh hecking degenerancy
>posts on Yea Forums
Not even /pol/tards are this pretentious

then MiA story is really fucking bad

>Bad fanbase
Can't be stated enough. Anyone that recommends this anime is extremely questionable.

Crysis is from 2007, the Gamecube from 2001. You're almost a decade off there retard-kun.