Malenia

been trying to solo her for 2 days, and barely made into the second phase. did you struggle with her too ?

Attached: imagen_2022-04-04_211524221.png (1920x1080, 2.16M)

The first time, me and my Mimic hoarfrosted her to death in 90 seconds. The second time, me and my Mimic Corpse Piler'd her to death in 90 seconds. It's what the bitch deserves.

She is undoubtably the hardest boss FROM has ever put out so don't feel bad about it

If you're going to unga bung mode, at least powerstance. Also I highly recommend blood hound step

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 8.51.54 PM.png (1440x804, 1.72M)

no

>el paso del sabueso
you didn't beat her

i literally haven't

you didn't make it to phase 2

nope i just used mimic tear and +10 moonveil

i didn't really fight her

yes, i cant do shit with slow str weapons but i can poke her to her second phase with antspur rapier.
i'd prefer to unga her but it really doesnt seem viable since she heals off every attack
and im like level 200, first playthru

I studied her a lot in co-op. now I can solo her first phase but I'm not bothering with the second. there's too much rng involved.

Video james

Attached: 1649071370958.png (834x750, 468.1K)

just get second weapon and spam jump attacks
even if you trade you'll out damage her healing, though you should stagger her and be safe most of the time. the rest is just learning how to dodge her attacks

i can dodge some of the slow ones, but i am fat rolling so its tough to dodge combos
i have yet to dodge her grab tho, fucking always gets me
im generally disappointed with the damage im dealing for having almost 70 str

Beat her with the guts sword like you're using, but I also had a turtle shield for stamina regen on my back.
if you're not against item usage then try using throwing knives to "force" her to use waterfowl dance once she hits the HP thresholds to use it.
Additionally, you can use frost bombs on her to proc frost (this becomes more inconsistent if you try to do it repeatedly during the same fight) to frost proc stagger her out of a point blank waterfowl dance.
And finally, your safest move against her with that weapon is to crouch + R1 or R1 immediately after a roll.

>mimic
>golden halberd
>brass shield
>5 - 10 tries

get good

>fat roll
bro, your end? If you need a lighter sword for your other hand you can buy the zwei from one of the merchants. There's also the crystal tear that makes your physic give you light rolls for 3 minutes.
Also I'm pretty sure fire is better than heavy for this fight.

Try her until her AI decides not to jump right next to you in the middle of a swing, that's the closest you'll get to beating her.
I specifically respecced to arcane and got eleonora's twinblade to ""cheese"" her.

How the fuck do you struggle with "paso del sabueso" equipped?

>blood hound step
He is literally using that

Upgrade other collosal sword and powerstanced her ass
If you already make it to Phase 2 then it only matter of time

well i am using the fingerprint shield, lionel's armor and the giant crusher
as for elements and resistances, i play str so i dont have to think about those things. everything into heavy
its worked well enough for everything in every souls game ive played up til this chick

why would you want to force the waterfowl?

You force waterfowl while you're across the map from her so you only have to dodge the last flurry.
If you force it then it decreases the chances of her using it again for at least a little while (apparently she can use it 2+ times in a row but its unlikely/RNG dependent)

Shouldn't you be able to face tank most of her attacks with that shield, with 0 stamina cost?
I guess the only issue would be her grab move and maybe waterfowl if it somehow ends up with her behind you.

Yo onions Malenia. Espada de Miquella.

change your strategy my dude, because you've got it all wrong. I've seen her use it 4 times in a row unprovoked. your best bet is when she never uses it.

Your health is too low.
Why do you have baldachin's blessing?
Too much MP.

i can tank it all day, but she heals off even blocked attacks and im too slow to damage her fast enough

Orphan Of Kos and Isshin >>> Malenia.

Which Isshin? Final boss Isshin? No way fag.

these are my current stats btw
im thinking of respeccing and putting even more points into strength

Attached: 465456.png (1920x1080, 1.71M)

I gave in and used the mimic. By then I could literally not get hit by the waterflow but it was just too much shit too many attacks. Closest I got her solo was 25% HP second phase then she Naruto'd my ass

This has to be bait

what the fuck is this

Switch your armor around so you can at least medium roll to dodge her grabs.
If you have the fingerprint shield damage reduction shouldn't matter as much because you can just block with 0 stamina consumption.

Sword Saint. Malenia is massively overrated in difficulty. In fact the moves people keep whinging about on here are literally pulled straight from Isshin. She moves like Isshin, attacks like Isshin, uses identical moves. Malenia is a watered down Isshin fight.

this is bait

meh i think i'll give in too and use Redmane Ogha, i'm not even having fun with this boss

Nigger, Isshin is in a game with an instant parry and heavy iframes during jumping. Not to mention a single build.
You could say Malenia is easier because you can make her easy with some builds, but 90% of people are not going to be running anything like that and will struggle way more than Isshin.

its not, this is how i always play, brainlessly
im not even sure how stats work
but like i said its worked for me up til now

It would be a fun fight without the healing on hit gimmick. This is the only souls boss I consider to be a be cheating.

Well, time to learn how stats work.
Respec.
Vig at 60, Strength at 60, Dex at whatever is needed for your weapon. Endurance at 35. Any extra points throw into Endurance and Strength.
Drop your overweight armor or use an equip load talisman cuz you ain't getting anywhere with that fat roll.

You are out of your fucking mind if you think either of those are on par with her. It didn't take me 20+ times to kill either Isshin or Orphan and it took me 20+ times to even see her second phase and I had to respec to even do that

can you explain to me in simple terms why those stats are ideal?

You have a debuff that lowers you HP. Are you rping as one of Fia's cucks?

I killed her with a fire based faith build using Blasphemous Blade in like 5 tries. I did so much damage that she barely had chance to touch me. The Gargoyle on the steps gave me more trouble and honestly. What build were you using?

Two handing increases strength by 50%. So 60 is like 90. Vig can be 50 and endurance whatever you want

Vigor give you a lot of HP until 60. Then does barely anything.
Strength is what makes your specific weapon scale damage, stops being important after 80 MAX. Endurance softcaps at 50.
Dex is for dex weapons, Int is for sorceries, faith is for incantations, arcane is for bleed and maybe something else, mind is for MP, you shouldn't need any more than default.

Haha no. Isshin is a fair fight, it's a enjoyable fight, Orphan likes to jump around but the good hunter is also quick as fuck and I obliterated his ass with the kirkhammer. Malenia is quicker than both in a game where you're way slower, has one night undodgeble attack, two health bars, and heals on hit through shields.

I was a pure STR with a Greatsword. She is borderline impossible with a weapon that slow. Never have I had to actually change my playstyle so dramatically to beat a souls boss, ever. Isshin you at least always felt you were making progress but with Melania it felt more like RNG on Waterfoul procs.

I haven't fought Orphan, but Malenia is not faster than him at all. She is extremely hard to dodge properly and can really fuck you up if you are not positioned correctly and punishes you with either a one-shot or leaving you in a coma + fully healing herself, but saying that she's fast is a flat out lie. She's in fact quite slow between attacks (unless she goes fucking berserk which she sometimes wants to do).
Orphan from what I've seen is an incomprehensible nightmare that people just mash through until they eventually win

so im not too far off, i only put points into INT and ARC, etc to try out some weapons i thought were cool
its really just the softcap stuff, but i think its dumb that its something you generally have to research to know about
unless you do a lot of trial and error
but making spreadsheets is the antithesis of what gaming is about for me
i fly by the seat of my pants and do whatever makes the numbers go highest
i should also mention that i could probly do the fight with the antspur, but i'd like to stay true to the strength build way
ive fatrolled all the way here, it'd be a shame to stop now
thanks for listening

Well I fought both and yes he was slower, his attacks are way more telegraphed. As I said I had a slow as fuck (for Bloodborne) build two-handing the kirkhammer. Malenia would rape that build.

Faster than Orphan my ass dude. Orphan gives you zero downtime in a game where you get two shot by him at very high vig stat. In fact the most effective strat to fight him is to abuse his jump tracking because that's about the only time you get a proper gap. I don't know why Malenia gives you guys so much trouble it has to be a build issue because I burned her ass to a crisp spamming a slow weapon art.

has any unga bunga twohanded melee beat her without quick jump attacks? So far I usually just spam jump attacks and trade damage to get staggers and crit but her selfheal it might not work?

spamming malenia with a slow weapon? how

At least orphan of kos can be staggered by shooting. And deflecting in sekiro makes every boss feel like you can eventually surmount them with practice, no matter how hard they are at first. Malenia is just no mercy, no mistakes, pure skill. I ended up giving in and summoning my mimic, after trying for a couple days.

Attached: 6wgD228.png (355x557, 319.68K)

Beat her on my third day. By the end I could consistently get her to phase 2 with no damage. But her moves a bit different so i had to get used to them.

He is slower. Try beating Melenia with the biggest, slowest hammer in the game. What's what I did to Orphan.

The fact that Malenia heals on hit makes her harder than either Isshin or Kos. The self heal really gets into your head and makes you play worse. You can wear down Isshin and Kos but Malenia will jist heal back up and fuck up your pace.