Why is the Pokemon franchise's best storytelling locked behind a spin-off game like Mystery Dungeon?

Why is the Pokemon franchise's best storytelling locked behind a spin-off game like Mystery Dungeon?

Attached: Thieves.png (1280x1340, 1.17M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xpMporSwi6s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Game Freak is a bunch of hacks but they consistently fail upwards because of Nintendies' low standards

I want to be a Riolu

You pretend to be a Riolu and I'll benus your anus

Main series Pokemon games were never about the story The only "story" is that you are a Pokemon trainer and you want to become the regional league champion That's it. Everything else, the evil teams.etc are out of obligation because people expect some kind of antagonist even when its not really required for the narrarative.

Attached: 74a.jpg (600x600, 93.05K)

benus?

Attached: NSF9MPT.gif (400x301, 190.74K)

aka a good way to farm xp. you're not a pussy are you?

What an absolute shit team. Electric and Rock would mutilate it. Unless he goes by Gen1s broken Speed mechanics

It's long been established that Red is canonically the worst trainer protagonist. He lived on a mointaintop for like 3 years only to get beaten by a nobody from Johto

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 169.46K)

Pokemon is a worldbuilding goldmine and the games don't know how to harness that potential.

i want to be a serperior or a hydreigon and have hot steamy sex in an orgy with every single user in this thread

>Walk into a monster house
>Pokemon in dungeon know silver wind/magnitude/earthquake/ect.
>Battle solves itself

Really weird choice of mon there gonna say no.

I'm going to be completely honest: I never beat a single Mystery Dungeon game without using a GameShark/Action Replay to expel the hunger system, and to make my characters vastly overpowered.

Because Chunsoft actually know how to write.
Also play other Mystery Dungeon games PLEASE

Attached: shiren cosplayer.webm (854x480, 2.69M)

The spam has convinced me to play these games. I always liked the look of them as a kid when I saw friends playing them.
Tell me which one I should waste my precious time on first. Give me the best one. I'm probably not going to play all of them.

I tried playing the DS version but I got filtered hard. I wanna give it another go but fuck it really can get outright bullshit at times, though I guess that's the point. I'll get around to beating it eventually.

Try the second game on N64, it's easier and just got a translation patch recently.

Attached: shiren_2-0000.png (640x480, 178.14K)

Also forgot to mention it's a prequel to the first game

Attached: shiren_2-003.png (640x480, 177.62K)

You are gay.

Explorers of Sky

Thanks. The lack of immediate response compelled me to look into it further and I'd come to that conclusion as well. Good to know anons agree.
Wish me luck. Maybe I'll report which mon I get. Given the threads the last couple of days it's a whole 'thing'.

riolu is gay
I want to be a zorua

Attached: zorua tug.gif (600x600, 1003.62K)

hope you enjoy it user!

Attached: 1484685550748.png (1321x1170, 640.74K)

I'm not sure if my opinion is the best opinion though, you might want to wait for some other anons to say something before you decide.
I've never actually played a PMD game to completion before, I've just lurked in a lot of PMD threads because I get horny when other anons talk about the all the sex they would have if they got turned into a Pokemon and sent to the PMD universe. From the non-horny posts that I've read, Explorers of Sky is probably the best out of all of them, and Super Mystery Dungeon is good if you're a beginner to the series.

I apologize in advance if my post makes you not want to play PMD anymore.

Attached: 1619670620670.png (1489x2047, 3.14M)

Why is the best captain underpants book the one with the worst flip-o-ramas? Our lives grow ever harder op.

>images you can hear

Eh if you enjoy the game you enjoy the game. There are loads of games I don't complete but had fun with. There are many that I complete time and again. It's whatever. That said, I'd like someone to post that image with the "what kind of person picks this mon" break down before I admit what I got.

here mate

Attached: file.png (3876x1068, 603.82K)

Piplup then. I wouldn't say it's entirely accurate.

The majority of people who play Pokemon games only play them to fit in, and they don't care about stories in Nintendo games.

i usually get psyduck in the original rescue team or piplup in the other titles.
the psyduck one is completely accurate for me.

Attached: 1470348838902.png (500x342, 224.73K)

Chespin was my starter in X and as soon as Super was announced I looked back through the movepools for the gen 6 starters and I immediately knew Chespin was gonna be busted as fuck, I'm glad I wasn't disappointed

i'd like to clarify besides the bird thing;
In Rescue Team, Psyduck's ability Cloud Nine removes any weather effects. As a result I had no idea weather was a mechanic in the first game and thought it was something brand new when the sequel came out.

Unwarranted Riolu and Eevee slander. Whoever made this old ass pic is biased as fuck for not calling Vulpix players furries too.

Attached: IMG_20191018_092017.jpg (1080x720, 67.58K)

But is that actually true. People are playing elden ring right now just to fit in.

I fucking love these goofy looking sprites like you wouldnt believe.

Attached: 24a666e336ea43cfb40eb1c7e2a0082b.jpg (374x1367, 253.66K)

soul

That was the team used by one of the devs of RG during (one of?) his first playthroughs of the completed game, so yes it used gen 1 mechanics

>PMD goes to shit when it moves to 3D
>mainline games go to complete shit when they move to 3D
really activates the almonds

Super is great though and RT's remake is good.

user I'm sorry but I have to cut ties with you

You weenie. You coward.

>tell a friend who's playing Sky for the first time in years to pick No to first question
>he picks Yes anyway
>gets fucking Riolu, restarts
>picks Yes again, gets Phanpy
>finally picks No, gets Bulbasaur
is my friend cursed or is that option that powerful

new PMD when?

never ever....

if you think about it explorers had an NTR sub plot with skuntank as the fat ugly bastard

Explain

having a shit load of fun playing rescue team dx, blue rescue team was one of my favorite games along with explorers of sky, i started gates to infinity a while ago and probably should get back to it even tho it's kinda ass with very few pokemon to choose from

Attached: 1575837609765.png (1200x1194, 598.63K)

LIVE

based

Attached: FJY6E9qUYAM6tgz.jpg (1900x2400, 348.6K)

Sex with your partner (male)

Beating regular pokemon titles in that regard is not a challenge. The storytelling in the mystery dungeon games isn't even good and yes I played the one that gets shilled.

is there anything more cucked than a male partner? think about it logically. you are exploring and rescuing teams for what? just so some lucky hypno or tyranitar in a monster house enjoys your partner's tight asshole?

>tfw i play as custom starters exclusively
What's this make me?

Attached: show me your woops.png (514x454, 98.08K)

New PMD when

Attached: 1649006201839.jpg (993x1403, 146.01K)

Monster Collection games as a whole struggle to have anything passed serviceable stories, usually because when the mechanics sort of require the world around you to be obsessed with the monsters, it limits the general scope to facilitate things like fighting other people.
Fossil Fighters 1 and 2 have an above-average story for the genre because they almost act like parodies of the tropes seen in Pokemon without being in your face about it like literally anything else trying to parody Pokemon.
SMT also gets around this due to it's lore and being able to piggyback off of all sorts of mythologies and religions to weave it's own narrative.
Pokemon Black/White are considered to have the best story because throughout it the standard evil team challenges the very concept of the franchise as a whole, along with having some of it's characters matter more beyond the even smaller amount of other games. It's held back because the evil team is indeed just evil so that the status quo can remain and we don't have to worry about the ideals of a world that revolves entirely around magic animals.

PMD essentially gets to be more like a JRPG because the Pokemon are basically just standard JRPG NPCs, without the constrictions that come with mainline that they've hamstrung themselves to of just 'beat the bad guy, become the best.'

Attached: 1611342144721.jpg (1792x1045, 283.51K)

Bros come play Pokemon Mystery Universe with me, it's a PMD MMO and there's Pokemon up to like gen 8 I think.

IWTFTB

Attached: 1649146397327.jpg (568x347, 72.64K)

>MMO
oh boy i love grinds being made worse while BRs spam chat with favelaspeak

This, zorua is best

IDK BRO i tried pokemmo and i couldn't get past ceruelean city without being bored out of my mind

how is the erp scene

sauce?

what a jam, immediately started playing in my head

Same

Attached: 1647234132386.jpg (2000x2000, 173.12K)

youtube.com/watch?v=xpMporSwi6s

i just wanted to talk about pmd.

Attached: cat2.jpg (670x671, 59.29K)

>gets silver wind’d
>enemy gets stats on top of stats
>does it again because speed is broken as fuck in mystery dungeon
>team wipe

>had a randomizer file with legendary protags
>seem to have lost that file
fug

Attached: c6c8e0f43d3a59953e91f930b8364ca5.png (904x667, 92.49K)

Ominous Wind is even worse. Same effect and it has like 20% more accuracy.

Attached: fuck.jpg (4160x2080, 2.71M)

i wish regirock was my partner

Attached: 1573335502459.png (960x420, 431.62K)

why are they so fat?

Oh shit. I remember this.

Why was Kecleon so fucking hardcore? I know he's TECHNICALLY beatable, but isn't this fucking shopkeep the toughest fight in the game?

One-on-one, too. No backup.