So we can all agree that Nintendo looked at Elden Ring and realized there was no way BOTW2 could compete in its current...

So we can all agree that Nintendo looked at Elden Ring and realized there was no way BOTW2 could compete in its current form, right?

Attached: BoTW2.jpg (639x361, 60.19K)

They're just lazy and decided to take another year of watching JAVs at the office

No, we cannot.
ER is an ugly, monotonous and boring, generic 2010's hack & slash game, made for the ADHD zoomies.

All BotW2 needs to do is be BotW with more content, and it will instantly BTFO 99.9% of all video games ever created.
The fact that the sequel's going to be way more than a quick rehash DLC should already silence the nay-sayers, but alas, kids these days can't fathom that an AAA studio would spend half a decade actually CRAFTING a new masterpiece. They're too used to the Ubishit-dev cycle where 2-3 games are being worked simultanously, using same assets and engines, resulting cheap yearly releases.

Hopefully

My dad works at Nintendo and said literally the only reason why they delayed it was because Aounuma can’t think of a better name than BotW 2

Why do you retards think one of the highest grossing franchises of all time is even minutely concerned with your shitty souls games? You can't seriously be that fucking retarded can you?

I doubt it. I'd say this delay is just an extension of the same ambition or perfectionism that drove the rest of the extended wait. Just like the first BOTW that was delayed multiple times.

Why would anyone want to compete with a yearly COD/From/FIFA rehash? That just sullies the brand

Working for modern Nintendo must be great compared to the old Yamauchi days where he ran a tight ship and games released in a timely fashion.

Aonuma would look at Elden Ring, think "cool" and move on.

I don’t think they care, there is very little overlap in the fan bases. I will never play a Souls game

TENDIES ALREADY COPING AS HARD AS THEY CANT LOL

No.

BotW2 is being delayed for Switch 2 just like BotW was delayed for Switch. You are retarded if you think otherwise.

I doubt Nintendo ever looks at other games at all desu. They probably think they are better than everyone else.

Yes
I guarantee they will adopt one aspect of the Souls games into BotW2, probably the message system given how much attention it's getting

No, you're just delusional. The game has been delayed once already. Hell, BotW got delayed by years.

Not really, at this point BotW2 is pretty far into development to do drastic changes and the delay could be very well to avoid crunch from the development team and have a few extra months for testing. Besides, they probably will have Bayo 3, Pokemon and maybe 1 or 2 surprises for the end of the year so they don't need to rush the game.

>message system
Namco owns the patent

Attached: 1627342131786.jpg (736x735, 40.9K)

Thank god, sounds like a shit mechanic.

source?

Corporations are a cancer on this earth.

Do Fromdrones really think Nintendo of all companies gives a shit about what anyone else in the industry is doing when they release games? For fuck's sake this is the same company that did a game with fucking cardboard a few years ago.

I'm sorry I made it up. But its probably true as no other game has used the same system

Attached: 1631642327042.png (1580x1452, 175.81K)

Anyone who thinks Elden Ring had any type of effect on BotW2 is either brain dead or a shitposter.

>no other game has used the same system
Salt and Sanctuary does

Right? I feel like people think the Zelda games are only popular because of nostalgia or hype but the fact is the games continue to be high quality. If a game's nostalgia factor dictated its current popularity then Sonic the Hedgehog would be doing way better.

>shitposter
me. I just say random things to get a reaction out of people. I don't really care either way about anything anymore

It's not out of the ordinary. Namco owns the patent for loading screen minigames, right?

And that cardboard outsold DS, DS2 and DS3, combined.

Namco had nothing to do with Demons Souls and thats where it was first used

Yep, they scrapped all their plans to turn it into a tumbling simulator.

IIRC the minigame patent expired

ER is gorgeous but as an open world game it's so bland mechanically it gets mogged in that genre by something from 5 years ago running on a WiiU.

Optimistic, but it did not

>uhmmmm there's no way there's any issues because AKCHYUALLY don't forget that BotW1 was delayed too, snrk
BotW1 also involved creating all new assets and the engine you stupid fucking faggots

Attached: ca6.jpg (300x300, 46.67K)

Kek Elden Ring couldn't even compete with the original BotW.

You really want to see that obnoxious Reddit humor of ‘finger but hole’ in Zelda of all things?

And to answer OP, I’m sure the Zelda team is aware of the Souls series and some of the younger devs probably even play the games but the series are so fundamentally different that i can’t really think of anything from Elden Ring specifically that would be included in BOTW2.

More likely they realized just how much their project was going to blow Miyazaki out of the water so they threw their Asian brother a bone and delayed it. Probably going to remove a few features too

Retard alert.

>You really want to see that obnoxious Reddit humor of ‘finger but hole’ in Zelda of all things?
No. I don't really want any online stuff in zelda at all. I prefer the classic lone man on an adventure type thing zelda has

souls games are literally as big as zelda right now gramps.

Attached: 1542228650657.jpg (500x375, 62.3K)

Yeah, they really feared being compared to a game in which you can't swim lol

Attached: H2x11280w.jpg (1280x640, 201.93K)

Lmao, ER was much better than the "CRAFTED MASTERPIECE" that the empty shit world BotW brought to the table.

BotW is absolute shit compared to the Zelda games before it, and got to be king of the trash heap for open world games because it wasn't Ubishit.

I don't want to see that but that doesn't mean I can't imagine it happening, Zelda has already experimented with that kind of asynchronous messaging with WWHD's Miiverse bottles and Splatoon still uses a similar system for its hub. Adopting the way Souls does it more closely wouldn't be out of place

Wait I just finished A Link to the Past. There’s more Zelda games?

Spbp. Love Zelda, don’t like souls.

based, BotW mogs elden ring so hard it's not fair to compare them

From the minute long teaser trailers alone we’ve already seen
>sky diving and enhanced aerial bow combat
>time reversal
>no clipping through terrain

From a purely mechanical and traversal point of view it’ll probably end up blowing Elden Ring out of the water. I doubt it’ll ever be able match the amount of bosses and enemies in Elden Ring but Zelda isn’t so focused on combat anyway.
>

135 million is a larger number than 27 million you fucking retard

I hope they go with a middle ground between the more restricted structure of previous Zelda games, and the completely open freedom of BotW.

Is BOTW the Zelda franchise now? If you know what I mean. Like will all future zelda games be similar ish to BOTW and reference BOTW and possibly be set in the world of BOTW? Like to me as a fan of the series since LTTP it seems like BOTW brought in a crazy amount of new fans who dont give a fuck about any of the games prior to BOTW. So its seems liek the franchise will just be BOTW related for the foreseeable future.

Yes but half of them aren't worth checking out

>you can't swim

This fucking stunned me.

Oooohhh open world where you have the freedom to go anywhe- fucking dead in a puddle of water.

Jesus Christ Nintendo's 6 year old Zelda game was light years beyond every other developer.

Zelda already did it and better with Wind Waker HD's Miiverse bottles

>So we can all agree that Nintendo looked at Elden Ring and realized there was no way BOTW2 could compete in its current form, right?
No. We cannot.

Considering the series is around for like 35 years theres not really *that* many games in the series. Theres only around 15 mainline games.

Elden Ring is what open world Zelda should be.

As far as the ‘BOTW universe’ of Zelda games are concerned, this is most likely the last one. The only reason this direct sequel is being made is because they had so many ideas that couldn’t be made into DLC.

If you’re strictly speaking to the open ended nature of the game, I doubt they’ll ever go back to the linear design of something like Skyward Sword.

>Like will all future zelda games be similar ish to BOTW and reference BOTW and possibly be set in the world of BOTW?
Probably. Just look at what happened to Crysis, it never recovered after abandoning the open-world format. Once you go open-world, you can't go back.

Pretty sure Elden Ring has sold faster than every single Zelda game, BoTW included lmao

Sorry gramps but Fromsoft is normiecore

play Sekiro

Breath of the Wild is what open world Dark Souls should be.

>ER is an ugly, monotonous and boring, generic 2010's hack & slash game, made for the ADHD zoomies.
This

Attached: 1647988103738.webm (960x540, 2.83M)

I did, it's a much better game than elden ring

>Elden Ring is what open world Zelda should be.

Zelda's open world is on completely different fucking planet to Elden Ring. There's no benefit at all to Elden Ring being open world. Its world is sterile and meaningless.

>it's another botwfag triggering botwfags to keep this shit relevant episode
Fuck off, nobody cares. You have nothing to talk about except bitching at each other.

Predict random shit they will do in botw2 that will surprise people

meds

A character from OoT will make a return appearance

Well I meant more gameplay wise. Most of the new fans botw brought in wouldn't even recognise OOT characters.

as opposed to botw's which is...not? somehow?
it's not even a bad world but the game is so diamatetrically opposed to itself with its own open world because it just throws everything else about the franchise out the window
it'd be like if there weren't 50 random asshole bosses that oneshot you in elden ring, it's most of the point of the franchise

It is normiecore but from softwares entire catalog of games still reaches no where that zelda and its merchandise sits at you dumb fucking zoomer nor does it change the fact that Nintendo doesn't and won't ever care about your souls shit. Unless you're getting gta numbers as a multiplat your game is still a meme

It's literally Zelda 1 in 3D

>as opposed to botw's which is...not?

Uh... yes? BotW's open world is the entire point of the game. Its ludicrous that a 6 year Wii U game still mogs the fuck of every other modern open world game.

Attached: 1641595840254.jpg (460x460, 23.74K)

Switch is more powerful than Wii U, you're retarded.

Friendly reminder you're arguing with this.

Attached: 1637517906516.jpg (1051x677, 393.54K)

They realized their games wouldnt win GOTY so they gonna release it next year.
Pretty pathetic move.

A delayed game is eventually good. But a rushed game is Wind Waker

Attached: 1641620804793.png (569x629, 497.67K)

The only thing BOTW2 needs to be better than Elden Rings open world is more thematic dungeons like the legacy dungeons.
The divine beasts were lackluster but most people probably would have been ok with them if they at least looked different from one another. The mini dungeons like shrines or catacombs are about on par with one another and they both provide the same purpose.

Now, Zelda will never have as many bosses and such since the games actually have mechanics that aren’t related to fighting enemies. But I think so long as it had a ‘good enough’ amount of enemies it’ll be fine. Something on the level of Ocarina of Time or so.

Friendly reminder you're still bleeding out the ass over a game Nintendo released half a decade ago.

That ass-sting still raw huh?

Chris Chan honestly looked like a decently handsome dude in that photo. What the hell happened?

>Sega vs Nintendo

And it still cant even maintain 30fps unless it stays in low-res sad draw distance baby mode.

>Something on the level of Ocarina of Time or so
Not even that is enough. OoT is a 20+ year old game and way smaller in scale. If BotW wants a fuckhuge world it needs a proportional amount of content to fill it or scale down the world. I hate that it took the opposite approach and sacrificed everything for mere landmass.

Chris-chan is not that ugly compared to that thing on the right

>Zelda isnt focused on combat

Combat is 100% of the game. Without combat you would just walk around and collect shit. So you just admitted that Nintendo fags are hacks and Elden Ring is a better game

Attached: wait longer.png (1817x470, 1.19M)

I'm a huge Zelda fag. Played every game in the series and also have zelda tattoos. I hated Dark Souls back when it first came out.

Now funnily enough I hated BOTW. I just can't get into it at all. It's my least favorite Zelda game mainly because it doesn't play like a normal zelda game to me.

I picked the Dark Souls franchise back up 3 years ago and it finally clicked for me. I've now played and completed all the Soulsborne games and I've already put easily 30 hours into Elden Ring. I much prefer it over BOTW and thinks it's a superior game. This is coming from a LoZ fagboy remind you.

Attached: linking.png (478x439, 107.18K)