Does it really deserve the hate?

Does it really deserve the hate?

Attached: 81J-uEoQ6WL._SL1500_.jpg (1204x1500, 204.08K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9Gfv8YDobnQ
youtube.com/watch?v=GCtBldZa9qs
youtube.com/watch?v=H3saZzxjoGU
youtube.com/watch?v=nAJyLWWO4CY
youtube.com/watch?v=yczE2mZRuvg
youtube.com/watch?v=hQIptWNZtSA
youtu.be/rffTh69zPxg
youtube.com/watch?v=Cy3I7dG7XHc
youtube.com/watch?v=BueTGck4cpM
youtube.com/watch?v=bsfVlcw4bP8
youtube.com/watch?v=pty_TfOYkrI
youtube.com/watch?v=cQDLBKpbXQU
youtube.com/watch?v=KsN-ev9pqJw
youtube.com/watch?v=-JnUHKu-Ps8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It deserves critique, yes.

/thread
Def enjoyable though

I need more COOMS!

Yes. Censoring Tifa and Shiva was too fucking far.

Yes

Because Nomura made an exclusive DLC only for PS5.
Because it wasn't a true Remake.
And because they have the shit-head idea of making a mobile game and a Battle Royal game before making Part 2

Most of the crying on Yea Forums is not critiques of the game, though. It's "BAWWWW WHY ISN'T THIS GAME A 1:1 REMAKE?"

Which is a legitimate complaint for people who liked the original.
But there are plenty of "actual" arguments too.

it made me play the original for the first time at least. og still holds up and is kino.
pros:
characters are more in-depth.
looks pretty.
cons:
they stretched ~6 hours of the original game into 60.
changed how certain pivotal scenes played out.
doing some cringe metaverse shit at the end, seriously wtf are they doing.

how many more fucking games are they going to release to finish the story? even a trilogy wont be enough, also the time. maybe in 20 years it'll be wrapped up?

i've never played it or the original (someday i plan to) but i think it's pretty stupid how instead of remaking the entire game they remade half of disc 1 instead and then locked part of the story behind ps5-only dlc. everyone remembers ff7 for midgar so this just guarantees the rest of the games (if they every come out) won't sell as well

Vocal minority.

>they stretched ~6 hours of the original game into 60.
You say that like it's a bad thing, especially since Midgar is widely considered the best part of the original.

it's only bad because they still have a massive amount of game left to remake, unless they go to a completely different direction.
also, they added a massive amount of filler which was boring.
>Midgar is widely considered the best part of the original
is that really true or are you making that up?

>is that really true
Yes

No it's not.
Maybe that's what some people think, because they're too braindead to navigate an open world instead of midgar's linearity?

No.

this is what anti ff7-r shills look like when pressed to elaborate further

Stranger of Paradise is leagues better than 7R, same with 14.

yes

youtube.com/watch?v=H3saZzxjoGU
youtube.com/watch?v=nAJyLWWO4CY

youtube.com/watch?v=yczE2mZRuvg
youtube.com/watch?v=hQIptWNZtSA

i played through this game recently (it was my first ff game) and it was horrendous. like, so bad that i will never play another final fantasy game. it's the video game equivalent of a marvel movie.

I thought it was balls-out fantastic tbqh.

pretty much the entirety of FF7 was linear. How in the fuck could you think FF7 was an open world game?

I said Midgar is more linear than when you're out in the open world area.
Learn to read.

Critique yeah, like any other game
Doesnt make the game bad tho

chad

Attached: そうだ御飯を食べる.png (497x478, 501.59K)

It's really not. they're both almost entirely linear.

tactics is still the goat and should be played.
actual masterpiece.

Yes and midgar is more so than the open world.

theyre going to fuck up atmospheric kino, i can feel it in my balls
youtu.be/rffTh69zPxg

Attached: 1633250207230.jpg (636x636, 26.71K)

There is no open world in FF7. There's a world map where you go down the one available path to the next required location.

Everything FF7 related that's not FF7 does.

Completely wrong, but okay buddy.

They're 100% going to fuck this up too
youtube.com/watch?v=Cy3I7dG7XHc

music great
combat great
graphics great

rest trash

It is a bad thing when everything added in the new segments does not have any impact on anything. It is filler.

do you actually think any part of FF7 is non-linear? This isn't Romancing SaGa 3.

This, the compilation is for stupid niggers who did not get the message of the OG game and just want more mickey mouse avengers adventures with their whacky advent children cast. God I hate compilationfags

Its not very good.

FF7R OST is great, you're just being a nostalgiafag.
I've never played the original, hate the fact that remake is not a full game, hate the fate plot bullshit, but the music is objectively great, if not better.

I know that many parts are non-linear. Yes.
Try replaying it instead of going off your obviously shite memories.
Or kys. I don't care.

No, it's fine other than Nomura's trademark tactic of fucking a narrative within an inch of it's life

Attached: 701.jpg (680x673, 36.85K)

This game was incredible imo. I'm somewhat worried about the direction they'll possibly take the sequel though

Linearity doesn't matter. Lineae games are generally better than non-linear games.

On a side not I haven't played the remake yet and while I loved the original I'm reluctant to play the new one because of stupid time ghost changes. Nobody wanted new shit. I'm cool with added extra shit that supports the original story, not this crap.

Based.
I'm in the same camp.
Refuse to play this fan-fic level trash.
I'd rather stick to the original and continue waiting for a real remake.

Classic. People that dont like it havent even played it.

I bet all traces of time ghosts and references to them will be completely absent from the sequels. They seem to only have been added to have an excuse for a Sephiroth final boss battle.

Dipshit doesn't know about youtube.

From what I know, I got the better experience just watching it on youtube.

Welcome to a FFVIIr thread, please just follow this instructions.

1. All criticism is valid, no matter how stupid or exaggerated it sounds. You cant question any criticism, otherwise you are a shill fanboy. No exceptions. If you reply to a critic post, it must be to agree with him.

2. Any praise must be questioned. Just ask them why and keep asking questions and asking questions until they get bored and leave. Remember, fanboys HATE to discuss, just ask and ask questions, and try to pretend you dont get it so they waste time with you.

3. If its your first post in the thread, you MUST add at the beginning of it before you say anything else that the game is shit and, optionally, why. Be as harsh as possible, remember this game is the worst game ever made.

4. This game is NOT part of Yea Forums culture, remember, we are legion. This game is shit and thats the final word on it.

>I'm a faggot.
Oh okay.

Use the updated version, jimbo

Never played og
Liked the English voice cast
I am the Crate Annihilator God
My waifu’s name is Aerith, not Aeris
No apologies
Get fucked ps1fags

>This game was incredible imo
well that's because you're a fucking retard.

>FF7R OST is great, you're just being a nostalgiafag.
a lot of the new arrangements of the original OST are worse. Some of the new tracks are good but don't fit the same style.
>I've never played the original
yeah so stop talking about shit you don't know anything about you zoomer faggot.
>but the music is objectively great, if not better.
>Turks theme ruined
>Mako reactor ruined
>Corneo theme ruined
>Barret's theme only present as a shitty remix on a jukebox
youtube.com/watch?v=BueTGck4cpM
youtube.com/watch?v=bsfVlcw4bP8
>Those who fight further totally cuts out the hammond organ part despite that being one of Uematsu's staples.
youtube.com/watch?v=pty_TfOYkrI
youtube.com/watch?v=cQDLBKpbXQU
>Crazy motorcycle remixed beyond all recognition also cutting out the hammond organ part because modern square is allergic to that instrument for some reason.
youtube.com/watch?v=KsN-ev9pqJw
youtube.com/watch?v=-JnUHKu-Ps8

And this isn't counting all of the tracks from the later parts of the game that they will ruin with their shitty remixes in future parts. If you want a remastered game OST that does justice to the original look at the Legend of Mana remastered soundtrack.

I have nothing to say about gameplay or anything like that. I haven't played it so I can't comment. But, my draw to the game was getting to replay a beloved game from my childhood. I'm cool with gameplay changes, and digging deeper into certain aspects of the story. I'm not cool with a total retelling with stupid shit thrown in. Expanding on that I hated all other ff7 media and pretend it doesn't exist.

So tell us why it deserves love???

Remake that is unfinished and is basically butchered into parts so it can sell more copies and milk the weeb trash faggot fanbase.

Side quests are padded garbage made just to waste your time and add unnecessary uninspired bad content.

Character dialogue consists of anime tier grunts and lines and few meaningful context

Story has changed with bullshit twists and asspulls and bunch of symoblism bullshit

Gameplay is still as shallow as ever with button mashing combat and party a.i that is retarded.
Outside of the cool human bosses, the enemies are repetitive and boring, especially the robotic ones.

Some chapters have horrible pacing

Level design is linear and awful

RPG elements are shallow and cookie cutter

I dont usually hate on this game, after all its flaws its still a decent game, it has good music and can be fairly fun at times thanks to few of its bosses and stylish movesets, and it also looks nice but i dont think it deserves to be hailed as a great game.

It sucks everything about the game sucks. You know it I know it and everyone knows it

This.
Zoomers are retarded and eat up shit in their spare time because they don't know any better.
They've been presented with shit their entire life.

>yeah so stop talking about shit you don't know anything about you zoomer faggot.
I can literally listen to both of the songs side to side, you even linked them yourself. I think the new ones are as good or better. The added benefit is that I'm not nostalgic about any of these games so I'm more objective.
When people connect music scores to events and emotions it makes them more meaningful for them, therefore they think the songs are better than they actually are. I often see people hyping generic epic soundtracks just because they have associated them with an emotion, but in reality the songs are just average.
At best it's just your opinion, at worst you're just wrong.

When I downloaded the Remake soundtrack, it quickly dawned on me how few of the tracks I would actually listen to. I have my playlist on random and in the background and today it happened to land on some shit track, I thought was a horrible OC Remix. Nope, it was from the FF7R soundtrack.

Yeah songs might be subjective, but good storytelling and god awful storytelling is obvious, and at the end of the day, FF games are story games.

Choke on a dick with a huge girth you faggot ass bitch

If you unironically think this
isn't better than this
Then you're not objective, you're just a faggot with zero standards. Also keep in mind, these aren't just "new compositions" these are remixes that completely fail to maintain the spirit of the original.

You could at least TRY to not sound like an autistic fanboy who bangs his head against the wall with rage whenever someone on Yea Forums says anything negative about FF7R. It's just a videogame dude. It has pros and cons like any other. Nomura isn't going to be your friend just because you simp for free.

>good storytelling and god awful storytelling is obvious
I'm not even trying to deny that the remake story is shit (the fate ghosts and everything that happens after Shinra tower).