Kingdom Hearts flopped

>Kingdom Hearts flopped
>Darkest Dungeon 2 flopped
>Final Fantasy 7 Remake flopped
>Final Fantasy Origin flopped
Why is this store like kryptonite to gamers?

Attached: 25c285e020572b4f76b770d6cca272ec.png (1200x630, 41.3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bJ79te3zpjM
youtube.com/watch?v=CSFf-WnYAIM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Where the fuck is Kingdom Hearts? One year has passed since EGS release and it's still not on Steam.

Attached: 75.gif (300x100, 13.53K)

What do I get out of it as a customer? It doesn't add value, it's just another inconvenience. I'd rather pirate.

Attached: quote-piracy-is-almost-always-a-service-problem-gabe-newell-136-61-10[1].jpg (850x400, 46.59K)

even with all their free games, it's just too bothersome to install, like the ubishit store or the eafag one

You make exclusivity deals with this store because you know the game is gonna flop and want some guaranteed cash out of it, at this point most people know this and, rightfully, want nothing being sold here because it has a high chance of being trash
there are exceptions to this but you can't even use a full hand to count them

Why would anyone pay for the game when Timmy has already bought copies for all of us?

Because their business model is a big
>fuck you
to customers. Exclusivity deals are utter cancer. This is why they use free games to worm their way onto your computer, because otherwise literally nobody would even have the store installed.

prove it

Can you prove they flopped

Because steamies are a cult

Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy 7 Remake already hit their target audience, so they were never going to be huge PC hits. Final Fantasy Origin is a Soulslike that came out after Elden Ring, it flopped everywhere. And Darkest Dungeon 2 is early access for 30 dollars, good will from the first game isn't carrying it.

Square makes most of their revenues on PS. So being paid by Timmy Tencent for exclusivity is just an extra for them.

No, exclusivity deals with epic is what makes the game a flop. Absolutely no reason for kingdom hearts or FF7 remake to not be the biggest releases on PC in a long time.

Pretty much this. If you want further proof, S-E is so in bed with Denuvo that they even put it on a FREE game on Steam... but their recent EGS-exclusive PC ports have not had Denuvo and are crap quality in terms of PC porting jobs. S-E could not care less about them, they got their money from PS4/5 sales, and then Tommy bribed them to do the lowest effort PC port possible for his shitty little store.

Because steam trannies won't be online on stram playing those games, so their anime avatar "friends" can't gift them new games.
It's so fucking retarded. I get it is annoying to install Rockstar launcher and similar shit just to play ONE game. But forementioned games are in PC.
It seems the PC "master" race is just steam race

Dont want chink spyware shit on my pc, dont want another slow as fuck launcher like origin, dont buy games on steam which require me to use origin.

In about 5-10 years time it wouldnt surprise me to see epic on steam exactly like how origin works

Lotta loyalty for someone with no stake in epic.

Everyone knows it’s just a matter of time before Gabe gets his hands on it anyway, and most of their big titles are shit that’s already out. That’s not counting the fact that the absurd AAA prices, on a storefront that bragged about low takes they could pass on to consumers, means that consumers are wary about putting their eggs in a basket that might turn to shit at any moment
Only the most brain dead drone would feel the need to jump through Timmy’s hoops just for the exclusives.

>Sell games on consoles
>Steal money from Tim
>Resell the same games on steam after a year
Pretty smart if you ask me.

Because Timmy's promise of lower prices never came through. The KH games on the EGS are the most expensive they've ever been.

SWEENIES MAD

I don't really understand the people who refuse to use anything but Steam, I have 600 games on Steam, 370 on GOG, 160 on Humble store, a few dozen on itch and some bought directly from developers.

I don't have anything against alternative storefronts, I just specifically hate EGS and what Timmy is trying to do to the industry.

Attached: akko think mode.gif (350x273, 1001.31K)

>flopped
by what metric?

Gaming is for fat guys who live in their mama’s basement. Soft and doughy when I punch them!

Didn't it flopped because of the high prices?

Attached: 1629602881481.jpg (1920x1080, 1.07M)

>close steam window
>Still using half a gig of RAM across four services in the background
>close EGS window
>Program shuts down, no background processes to be found

Attached: Adobe_20220124_000431.jpg (663x731, 80.4K)

Not to mention that FF7R is $70 on EGS, more than it even launched for on the PS4. And S-E wants to charge $70 for Forspoken too. They are trying hard to push an average of $70 MSRP. Gotta love that games on EGS cost more than Steam despite those empty promises.

You can't even buy FF7R on a key site. Even though Forspoken is another $70 game, there were Steam keys for $55 a few weeks ago on Green Man.

>>Final Fantasy 7 Remake flopped

5 million copies in 4 months, Barry.

Imagine the money ffxiv was making at it's peak plus all the exclusivity deals with epic and funneling all that to develop forspoken, capeshit, wondershit and final flop 16. Squareenix is so fuckin retarded

Despite the shitposting you see on here, I don't think a majority of people are opposed to using alternative store fronts as long as they aren't offensive. I have no problems with GOG, Itch or Humble. I have some games myself. Origins, Uplay and Rockstar launchers were the big offenders because their awful buggy launchers sucked dick at launch and added no significant features or deals.

it's also stupid I have to download another launcher when I already bought the game on steam

It was annoying because you could get the game cheaper on Steam either form a sale or a key site, but then had to manage 2 accounts to play one game.

Two parter: Yes, the prices were obnoxious and even more troublesome provided that Epic paid Square the exclusivity money, so it was typical JewNip greed when the entire games collection was being sold in one package on PS3 or something for ~$30. Half the price of ONE of the games on EGS. The second is the fact that it's EGS exclusive and people's feelings about the store, it's practices, or Tim himself. You can't make the MUH DEVELOPERS case anymore when your whole selling point for the fucking store was better deals for the consumer and then pull that shit.
>HURR DURR TIM DOESN'T SET THE PRICE SQUARE DOES
Exactly why anyone with a brain never believed the promises to begin with. Corporate loyalty has blinded people and it's sad.

Why do epigs try to blame everything that happens to them on gaben

FF7 Remake flopped because it costs fucking 80€ for a unfinished game..
Tim what the fuck are you doing?

Exactly this. It's not people opposed to using a storefront that isn't Steam, it's that these storefronts offer no benefits and are trying to force you to use them.

In the case of uPlay and Origin it was due to Ubisoft/EA being pissy that Steam was daring to take a cut (you know, the same cut all the console manufacturers take that they mysteriously never complain about while attacking Steam over the same thing) to actually offer all their services and hosting for free, so they wanted to create a storefront JUST for their games.

Then Epic came along and was 10 times worse. At least Ubisoft and EA were putting games they made on their storefronts, games that as long as their storefront existed would never have been considered for any other storefront anyway. But Epic does not, they bribe publishers to not release on Steam instead, games that were previously announced for Steam... games that have been releasing on Steam for years but suddenly their sequels are now not... games that already WERE on Steam now pushing EGS usage even for people who bought them on Steam years ago... and it took them years to have some of the most basic features like a fucking Shopping Cart! Still no forums or most Steam's features.

And notice I said "not release on Steam" instead of "EGS Exclusive". Because they have OKed games that release on EGS and ANOTHER storefront before.... just as long as that other storefront is not Steam. They aren't even specifically targeting exclusivity to their store, they are just targeting keeping games off Steam and being assholes about it, they are trying to force people to use a shittier storefront just because Tommy has a personal vendetta with Valve and trying to make it look like "no game is safe", series that have been on Steam for years, games announced for Steam, games that WERE on Steam, he wants to send a message of "We can steal any game, so just give up and use EGS".

And that shit is why I don't even bother with their free games

its great to see how people try to shit on epic when its clear that more game flop on steam than on it but they must say something bad about it. if a game flops its the game..

I do not support the CCP.
Taiwan is an independent nation.
China is committing genocide against the Uyghur population in Xinjiang.

Why would they be a big deal on pc? I get kh since it's been a pc cocktease for decades now, but ff7 remake?
I got ff7 for free from gaystation plus and still didnt fucking like it. As for kingdom hearts, I can emulate all the ones that matter with no issue. On top of that, I already own them all physically, like anyone else who likes the games.

I don't blame the EA's or Ubisofts of the world for not wanting to owe a company for hosting their first party games on a platform that they're not liscensing to use, I just wish they TRIED a bit more not to make it a nuisance and poorly made mess. It just enhances the illusion of their greed ten-fold.

Third party game exclusivity to a storefront though is a whole other story...

>And notice I said "not release on Steam" instead of "EGS Exclusive". Because they have OKed games that release on EGS and ANOTHER storefront before.... just as long as that other storefront is not Steam.
I remember Metro Exodus coming to Game Pass like 3 months after the EGS version. That made me realize Epic isn't trying to build up their store, they're just going out of their way to hurt Steam.

>that time the chivalry devs tried advertising chivalry 2 on steam
But really, the funniest part about all of this is that despite Timmy tencent’s squealing about steam being so unfair and anti competition, the truth is that valve is the most easy going company out there. They have a completely open door policy when the devs Timmy bribes come crawling back, because they know damn well it’s going go happen sooner or later. They don’t need to fuck epic back, because their pissed off consumers will do it for them and they know it.
Timmy’s faggotry has single handed my managed to wipe clean the stain of the paid mod fiasco and made valve seem like the good guys again, and Gabe did literally NOTHING on his own to achieve this, he simply didn’t act like a retard.

Attached: 1A246E6A-072A-46C6-8CA3-36A6389A310B.png (800x600, 113.32K)

its a service problem and a income problem, you can have the best service but if the user has no money they still cant buy shit.

>is a retard
>retarded things mysteriously happen around him
You have to actually close Steam retard. Clicking the X on the window minimizes steam to the tray. Right click the icon, click close, tada, now Steam has 0 processes running.

>Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy 7 Remake already hit their target audience, so they were never going to be huge PC hits
These games would’ve done actual numbers on Steam, and would continue to do so for years via sales. Anybody who didn’t buy them day one on Epic will never do so.

You get the game you wanted and have been seething about.

>Chinese spyware
>WHY ISN'T ANYONE INSTALLING OUR CHINESE SPYWARE
Gee, I dunno, user. Maybe because it's Chinese spyware?

The honest truth is Steamies have stockholm syndrome and are good little goys (for free) and refuse to buy on other platforms.

>reselling flops
Pretty dumb if you ask me. If they went to Steam first they would've sold. Just ask NuMan 3 how it's doing after doing a exclusivity period.

>flopped
Source?

Same. I use Steam/GOG mostly, each serves a different desire. Epic does less than either service and is throwing around millions to make it less convenient to play games how I please. Not even a piratefag but I don’t hesitate on Epic exclusives. We all saw the court documents, we all know those devs got paid.

I've bought off Origin (until they came back to Steam), GOG (until Steam got all the shit they had), and Humble (Steam keys). I flat out refuse to support PooPlay, Epig, and other shitty storefronts.

It's not a storefront issue, per se. It's 100x shitty launchers from each individual developer.

Epig's problem is that it's a client looking for a problem. There is no problem with using Steam and GOG's "niche" of old games is already covered. What does Epig provide besides Chinese Spyware?

I buy on literally every platform you fucking monkey.
Steam, GOG, Humble, Itchio, Origin, Uplay, Playstation, Nintendo, Xbox(360), fucking playstore even.
I will never give Timmy a single fucking mb of system memory, let alone money.

Good morning, SIRS

Supergiant did it best.
They got Epic to fund Hades during early access, then sold the full release on steam and got an instant hit from word of mouth

BASED AND STEAMPILLED.

Sup epig

Because even they don't buy shit on Epig.

>we all know those devs got paid.
Well that much is obvious, that's the only incentive to go Epic exclusive.
The 12% vs 30% profit cut means nothing if you get a hundred times more sales on the platform that takes more.

>gaydes
I never played it because of the twink character designs. Did it actually sell well, or did it "sell well for an indie game".

because most children dont have expendable income and millenials who do dont know/care about egs, they care far more about physical copies

Attached: farcryghostbuster.png (391x528, 388.04K)

post yfw you NEVER EVER spent a single cent on the epic store

I have a bunch of games on steam, GoG and even Origin, but I only have Total war Troy on Epic because I wanted to try it, I refuse to actually throw money at such a shitty store front. Fucking GoG gave me a free copy of witcher 3 on PC because I bought in ps4 back in the day before I had a PC that could run it. EGS has a substandard store front that can only compete at all by buying exclusivity. There's no reason to use it over anything else if the game is elsewhere, they know this.

[Citation needed]

The best game in the world will still flop if nobody uses the platform it's on.

Plenty of WiiU games flopped when they were successful after being ported to the Switch.

>That made me realize Epic isn't trying to build up their store, they're just going out of their way to hurt Steam.
Exactly this. Everything they do is clearly intended just to try to hurt and mock Steam instead of actually bother making a better product, or even exclusive product. They only care about how much whatever they do impacts Steam, not helps themselves. As I said, Timmy seems to have some personal vendetta against Valve and everything the EGS does is centered around trying to hurt Valve as much as possible above all else, even above securing EGS exclusivity. I recall one indie dev who stated he got an e-mail asking if he wanted to make his upcoming Steam game EGS exclusive for load of cash, he replied that he had no intention of going exclusive but would be happy to release it on both storefronts for free... he got a reply back saying that they suddenly realized his game doesn't actually fit EGS's "standards" and would not be welcome on their storefront. What assholes.

Pretty much, yeah. The only reason EGS isn't buried by now is because Valve isn't even bothering to play ball with them. Timmy is there ranting and raving and trying to be smug about how much he is "hurting" Valve and Valve is just ignoring him. If Valve actually responded with the same tactics EGS is using on bribing publishers and other such scummy practices EGS would be buried pretty quick.

The sad state of the world nowadays is that every company acts so shitty these days that just simply NOT being shitty and just keeping the status quo is sometimes enough to be seen as the good guys. Remember Sony at the PS4 E3 announcement where their response to Microsoft's bullshit physical DRM system was... to just let you put in a disk and play like every PlayStation before?

The only reason to ever open EGS is to get free games.
I will never spend a single cent on EGS.
I will continue buying games on Steam, GoG and DLSite and continue to pirate AAAtrash.

if you pirate why bother to get the free games? most of them are easily piratable and/or dirt cheap

>redeem free games in browser
>install them with legendary / heroic launcher
>start them in offline mode / sandboxed from the internet
Thanks for the free games, Tim!

Attached: bright.jpg (400x363, 90.77K)

Attached: Thomas.jpg (358x519, 30.92K)

SIIIIRRRRR WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?!

Attached: 87E185C6-F819-4205-9BD8-0C26FBB98ED6.jpg (1280x720, 48.43K)

What's your sound reasoning for not doing so? By listing all of those platforms, you've already eliminated: exclusives, china, anti-consumer practices, lack of features, wanting to keep all of your library in one place, "too many launchers", politics, price - What could your non-emotional, reasonable reason to boycott Epic be in this case? I'd bet money on hypocrisy, appeal to emotion or both.

So the amount of games bought on EGS is smaller compared to the money leeched by freeloaders like me.

did any of these actually flop or is this the Yea Forums and Yea Forums definition of flop which means "I don't like it so I'm living in a fantasy world where I ignore whether it was actually successful or just ok and instead pretend it was a complete failure".

Why does it have to be non emotional I straight up admit I do not like Sweeney and don’t want to give him money

That's what it always means. Yea Forums is full of steamie fanboys

I remember from the EGS court documents that every "wave 1" exclusive aside from Borderlands 3 underperformed expectations.

The reason people hate the Epic Games Store is because it's a cruel reminder that they actually don't own your digital DRM games.

People imagine Steam as their digital bookshelf full of games, it sits nicely on your computer and is full of all the games you own. Then Epic Launcher suddenly comes out which is a completely different bookshelf located in somebody else's house that you don't even own, and that pisses people off. But the truth is, you don't own your steam games either, Steam could take it all away if they wanted to, but at this point the sunk cost fallacy is so strong that they can't let go of Steam.

Attached: Jokah.jpg (500x500, 42.76K)

Because it's irrational. You don't know any of the people who run these companies but you pretend like they're your friends or something.

it's funny cause FF7R and SoP:FFO both flopped on PC because of terrible optimization

Attached: me money.jpg (853x480, 65.77K)

>it's still not on Steam.
It's not coming to Steam.
Epic literally paid for the PC port of the entire series. Square had no intention on bringing it over to PC.
FF7RM will hit steam, SoP will hit steam, NEO TWETY will hit steam, but the KH series will be a true EGS exclusive.

>appeal to emotion
And there it is

>Why would anyone pay for the game when Timmy has already bought copies for all of us?

Attached: 1643740495755.jpg (728x544, 79.44K)

outer wilds only boomed after getting released on steam. was an obscure title for most cause of epic.

same for every only epic release

Why the fuck is Tim sweeney so insecure?
how does someone that acts like a brat ends up being a CEO?

Attached: go on lad.png (696x493, 415.57K)

Didnt SE try charging $70 for their games on EGS?

I like how all the epic shill threads just immediately died off after winter sales ended. Like IMMEDIATELY there wasn't even a slow decline, we just went from 3-4 concurrent threads up at any time to only having a thread every so often about to ask why anyone uses it again.

My EGS library is larger than my Steam library at this point because I've claimed pretty much every single free game they've given.
I don't get it either. These people think they're making some huge statement on capitalisms or some other such nonsense, or that they're sticking it to the man by not using EGS but the reality is they're just babbies finding any excuse they can to bitch and moan about a literal nontroversy so irrelevant that its shocking how much headway its gotten.

That seems to be most CEOs these days, especially ones in any sort of tech field. Look at all the bullshit with unrepairable electronics these days and companies trying to sue if you make software/tools that make it possible to repair them.

It all goes back to the earliest days of the store when they outright bought games that were already slated for normal release, Steam and elsewhere. I remember Metro Exodus was one of them. That kind of shit really poisoned the well and killed any goodwill Epic possibly could've possibly generated with the players, Not to mention lower cut did not actually translate to more favorable prices. The rest is history.

Attached: Y1Sr8g1.png (520x268, 119.66K)

Because Epic fucking sucks.
Epic has no discussion/forums.
Epic has no reviews or even ratings.
Epic has no worthwhile sales.
Epic has no extensions for It's launcher.
Vr games on Epic require Steam VR or Oculus Home.
It's still lacking basic functionality after all these years. I only use origin and uplay because I had to. I don't use GOG's launcher, I just download from the site. As for humble, I only used them for deals on steam keys.
Can you give me a reason to divide my library on pc yet again? Is Epic actually going to do something other than stop games from going on Steam?

Because Gaben proved him wrong.

Attached: Untitled.png (763x620, 184.08K)

EGS is in the end a good thing as Steam needs competitors. People need to remember someday Valve will go public, and all your PC games will end up owned by Blackrock and some Patel CEO who will milk the service dry. Come back in 10 years and Epic may turn out to be the good guys in the long run.

Attached: Herbert_James_Draper,_The_Gates_of_Dawn,_1900.jpg (837x1572, 205.4K)

gog, humble and itch are great because they don't force you to install some horrible launcher
steam adds a lot of value, it's not just a store
epic is a store that forces you to download its shitty bloatware, ill never use it

If there is an internet connection, there is a way (to pirate).

I'm not supporting a store that's openly malicious now because maybe steam will be too 10 years later

>Final Fantasy 7 Remake flopped

i dont think you know what flopped means

I forgot about Cliffy, why is everyone at epic a massive prick?
Literally gaming divas at this point

You're replying to a different fag, retard.

You just hit all of the things I listed. Post discarded, hypocrite.

>What do I get out of it as a customer? It doesn't add value, it's just another inconvenience.
Yes exactly this. The store's fucking garbage in and of itself and on top of being garbage their business model acts in a way that is actively hostile to my interests by attempting to force me to use their garbage service instead of superior competitors. This just makes it so I don't want to have anything to do with it whatsoever and I most certainly won't be giving them money for anything.

Steam HAS competitors. Places like GoG offer services that Steam does not, they are competing on features and fulfilling different needs. That's how most products compete, on features, prices, and quality. EGS does none of that. It "competes" by attempting to monopolize the PC market by buying up exclusivity. It does not offer features, prices, nothing over it's competition. It's trying to force you to use it by attempting to monopolize access to upcoming games people have been waiting for, rather than trying to give you a reason to want to use it over Steam.

People would still use storefronts like GoG even with no exclusivity, NOBODY would use EGS over Steam if they weren't bribing publishers for exclusivity. That's not competition, that's trying to create a monopoly, the exact opposite of competition.

You're free to respond then, fag. He was the only person to respond.

Square Enix was retarded. Steam has a solid fanbase

Because you misunderstand the Epic store. It's not about catering to customers, it's about appeasing the developers/publishers. How one even conceives the idea to run a store like that is beyond me, though.

Attached: confused skaven_face.png (412x393, 53.22K)

How am I a hypocrite for not wanting to further divide my library on PC?
Im asking you, what the fuck Epic does to warrant my attention? Why should I install Epic?
Can you answer that question or are you going to dodge like a bitch again?

>literally says he has 12 different launchers
>how am I a hypocrite if I want to keep all of my games on one launcher, but only in regards to EGS?
lol
lmao

Nigga even fucking Neptunia Rebirth 1 did fantastic in steam, they are just backstabbing a service that has millions of users

no gog/steam no sale

I didn't say I want them on one laucnher. I said I dont want to further divide it nigger.
Answer the fucking question.
Why should I install Epic?

He's actually autistic, so if he finds someone or something to be against, he will try until the end. Look at Unreal Tournament, Unreal Engine or even Fortnite (both Save the world and Battle royale), All of them were created to exist against something else, nothing is truly original.

>Why is this store like kryptonite to gamers?

Violates the basic laws of supply and demand.
It's an artifical attempt to force something that there was literally zero demand for.

Attached: 1642435748775.jpg (704x528, 81.12K)

wait there's a darkest dungeon 2?

Oh, I fully understand that, but that doesn't really work either. Sure, you have the smaller cut, but that means jack shit when you have significantly less sales. Plus throwing millions around for the "guaranteed profits" isn't a real long-term business strategy if you aren't making those profits back because nobody wants to use your store.

>>Why would anyone pay for the game when Timmy has already bought copies for all of us?
I agree so I do the same for Steam games instead of contributing to a monopoly, even if its existence as a monopoly was unintentional

>okay 100 launchers but 101, THIS is where I draw the line
lol
lmao

>that apple v epic trial where epic had to reveal they were losing HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS running the EGS every year

Attached: 1648594804906.jpg (166x154, 4.41K)

Timmy was kinda just hoping devs would be happy to jump onto his wagon

Attached: timmy.jpg (824x651, 61.49K)

No Tux, no bux
It's that simple

Attached: penguin_dab.png (245x246, 69.58K)

No GNU/Linux support.

Why would anyone buy win32 games from a Windows-only store front in 2022 when its become painfully obvious that Microsoft has abandoned support for win32 and is phasing it out?

First two days were magical. Loved the threads.

Yes and it's terrible.

So you admit that there is no reason to unstall Epic? You've dodged My question 3 times now.
Why should I install Epic?

Steam is just way too good in everything, I have my account since the service launched with Hl2, my password is still the same it was that time and I've never had any problems with secury.

Meanwhile when I created my epic account someone tried to access it a few months later, nuked that shit right there

>Why should I install Epic?
not him but if you already have 100 fucking launchers one more isn't going to kill you or your PC resources
stupid asshole

You faggots have been saying this for a decade

To help making EGS look even worse sales wise by leeching the freebies and never buying anything.

why are the pc versions of kingdom heart's save files in png format, for what fucking purpose

Attached: 1635435356121.png (163x173, 9.63K)

>steam has the best service
>gog has drm free games
>publisher specific ones have ownership rights
>egs has ????????

Attached: 1646791807925.gif (196x196, 742.15K)

>So you admit that there is no reason to unstall Epic?
Correct, there is no reason to uninstall Epic.

to post on Yea Forums so all your bros can see :)

timed ownership rights.
Also when the FUCK is tony hawks going to be free from Epic claws?

I will only use Steam. Whatchu gonna do about it.

Gotta love how they had a commercial that parodied Apple's 1984 Mac commercial and a website in support of themselves ready to launch at a moment's notice the second Apple responded to them trying to bypass their store. They KNEW how Apple would respond and were hoping to try to paint themselves the hero with a pre-made ad campaign trying to make themselves look like some oppressed underdog fighting for "the gamers", you know, with statements like:

That is the most insanely stuck-up take one could possibly have, wow. Yeah, attempting to force consumers to accept something works SO well, just ask Sony and their history of proprietary formats.

And yet, it's perfectly describes Epic's attitude with this whole EGS nonsense. They feel they can just force themselves into replacing Steam by tossing money around, and even brag about how the consumers "Can't do anything about it" because they feel that THEY get to decide who wins.

small indie company please understand

To import them to Koikatsu and make 3D porn

Wait what? That might be the most retarded thing I'ver ever heard.

That's not a reason to use the fucking Epic launcher rerard. I only use Steam and GOG. Origin and Uplay are necessary and I don't use them outside of the 5 games that require them. Itchio offers indie games you can't get anyhwere else and doesn't rquire a launcher. As for Humble, it offers Steam keys at a discount AND a drm free copy of certain games and doesn't require a launcher.

Free shit they give away, with one decent game every year or so.

From what I understand, some bullshit sort of encryption so that for some stupid reason you can't share saves. I have no idea what S-E was thinking with that one, or why it even fucking matters if people share saves for a single-player offline RPG.

They have final fantasy 7 remake? I might get it. Not getting a fucking playstation again. I'm done.

That exact attitude is what turns me off the EGS so much. Why would I use a platform that has shown open hostility towards me, and considers me a necessary evil at best?

Square and Ubisoft are never going to release any more games on Steam.

No reason to uninstall it when I never installed it in the first place.
Why should I install Epic.

>income problem

Then you don't get shit you can't afford. Unless you're a thief.

I just tried posting it, the only reason I can't is because it's 6.75 mb, otherwise it's literally just a PNG

I hate steam as a service but if I'm going to be raped by DRM and have zero rights I'd like all of my games to be in the same chastity cage. Any game I actually like I'm happy to pirate and have on my hard drive, but I don't cheat so I'm not at risk of having my game licenses revoked.

>zero steam users shit on GoG
>every steam user shits on EGS
Yep those steamdrones sure do hate legitimate competition alright.

>Square and Ubisoft are never going to release any more games on Steam.
Square just released Babylon's Fall on Steam, has already opened Steam preorders for Forspoken, and just got done re-releasing all the first six FF games on Steam.

Words and principles are meaningless when they come from hypocrites. Nobody cares what you do, hypocrite.

>exclusivity deals
>platform is complete shit
>ceo is a fucking idiot
>antagonistic attitude against the ""competition""
gee i wonder why

Yes, because back in 2012 Microsoft explained their plan for the next 10-15 years to Valve which is when they started investing in GNU/Linux.

Since then Microsoft deprecated win32 support with Windows 8. Demoted it to a removable module with 10. Further allowed it to rot in 11, and has generally abandoned maintenance.
So while the doomsday scenario of Microsoft just simply removing it entirely from every install hasn't happened yet, Microsoft has clearly abandoned support with performance and compatibility greatly suffering in recent years on modern tablet versions of Windows, and even for users still running the legacy desktop releases.
Funniest shit by far lately has been Windows users begging for help getting Wine components installed on their systems to get win32 games running correctly.

>Also when the FUCK is tony hawks going to be free from Epic claws?
user here asking the real questions

Fuck off with your launcher wars faggot

Exclusivity on products is monopoly on said products. What Epic wants is the opposite of competing with Steam as a store offering the same things, it wants to split PC gaming so each store has its own exclusive catalog and if you want to play everything, you have to use everyone's special snowflake launcher, and if you have issues with a specific store, then too bad because you can't buy the game elsewhere.

Attached: 1632861763967.jpg (584x319, 26.81K)

>never
nah, it's always a matter of when

Darkest Dungeon devs did a smart thing. They got paid for a year of early access exclusivity, while the game is like 33% done. After that you will get another two years of EA on steam too.

>disparage your customers
>buy exclusivity to games after they've had months or even years of advertising on other sites/stores
>buy out other businesses solely to cancel their attempts to support other platforms
>fail to add basic, otherwise universal features to your store
>waaaaah why nobody like me :(((
Never ever Timmy.
Even if everything changed tomorrow it's a point of principle now.

>a fucking save file that isn't dwarf fortress or minecraft being nearly 7 megabytes
How does that even happen
>character is level X
>has reached Y game flag
>has Z items

And I'll buy pixel remasters and play them for a year while being more angry at egs for that entire year that SoP is off the table for me.
I'm pissed at square for playing along but there's no way this is a tenable situation for egs and it will crumble completely as a platform.

I don't want to contribute to more walled gardens either when steam does every service I want.
>cloud saves/installs because I game in two locations
>controller macros when games have shitty controller support
>integrated forums, reviews etc.
>integrated modding platform

>playstation

Not into that gay shit.

Game was dealt by Vicarious Visions who while still in the expected exclusivity window, disappeared to become part of Blizzard after the shitshow of Warcraft III: Refunded.
So currently, there's no studio at Activision who would want to take the game and repackage it for Steam or even Battle.net.

What about on /hr/?

This is also one of my main reasons to not buy anything from EGS.
There are the Linux-supportive stores like Steam and itch with actually working clients that can download and run Windows games, and there are the Linux-neutral stores like GOG and Humble that carry Linux copies but you're on your own running Windows versions. I'm fine with both of these.
Epic on the other hand is actively hostile towards Linux and there's no guarantee I wouldn't be blocked from playing my games from EGS for whatever inane reason in the future, so I choose not to buy at all.

Attached: 1633466346363.png (135x159, 23.68K)

Kek that's actually nothing, I have CK2 saves that are over 100 MB

the disney trademark adds a few pounds I guess

Attached: it's not even the one where you take photos for collectibles.png (576x521, 47.13K)

Epic Games Store is basically popular because of its free games shit. Ever since they dropped GTA V for free it basically made their entire business because kids are now expecting games like that to be free, but it just won't happen again.

>NO FORUMS
>I'M GOING INSAAAAAAAAAAAANE

You perpetually online faggot.

>save files are compressed into pngs
you what

I have accounts in all of those and I don't mind. I just hate epic for shilling money to get timed exclusives. I only use epic for the free games

Attached: IMG_20220402_084939.jpg (1132x1080, 206.78K)

Because it's a PNG file that is likely employing stenography to save data within the image. And due to that, you need a lossless format... like PNG... which generally take up much more space than lossy formats like JPG.

Besides that though, who cares if it's 6-7MB? This isn't the 1990s where a floppy was a lot of storage. My New Pokemon Snap savefile on my Switch is over a gig.

>friends waste 60 bucks on exclusive trash on EGS because they don't know how to wait
And the worst part is that consoomers are going to ruin it for everybody else.

Attached: mario.png (714x682, 254.9K)

I use legendary and pick up the free games in the web browser

The paid-for-by-timmy copy of the KH collection works quite nicely.

You can't answer one single question without deflection, or playing off of a typo, or by replying to someone else. You've conveniently labled me a hypocrite by claiming I said something I did not say.
There is no reason to install Epic. That's why you won't answer a simple question.
Epic doesn't offer competition to Steam, GOG, or even fucking Origin and Uplay. Epic is such a pathetic excuse for a storefront that they have to bribe users to even glance in their direction. They have nothing to offer so they buy exclusivity deals for games, instead of actually making their own games. Steam, Humble, GOG, Origin, and Uplay don't buy up games and lock them out of the other launchers. Uplay and Origin are first party so the games that are exclusive to them are made by them. Steam puts out exclusive games, software, and hardware. GOG restores old abandonware and offers new games with no DRM.
The only feature that uniquely defines Epic Games Store, is that they leech games from other store fronts.

Butthurt Steam hostages.

didn't read, hypocrite

>Besides that though, who cares if it's 6-7MB?
For one, because that sort of reasoning is why we have modern shooters whose actual game logic is basically the same as quake fucking 1 but somehow take up oodles of cpu cycles (an in how things like hit detection and AI work, not graphics). And two because there are some things you almost have to go out of your way to make bloated, like saves.

they will announce the steam release when they have the event for the KH anniversary

because the owner looks like a dog
also fortnite

>SoP
Seriously imagine killing a new potential spin off saga like this. Boomers can't into economy

The forums are really handy, if you google a technical issue half the results will take you to the steam discussion pages and someone usually has a fix for it somewhere. Mods and guides and stuff are hosted there too. I'm sure everyone remembers that time Epic gave away subnautica and people had to go to steam for tech support for it as well.

Save it as jpg.

Attached: 1570124525801.jpg (655x739, 105.87K)

>No forums
>No way to discuss modding, fixes, upcoming updates, strategy.
Your brain is rotting.

The Epic Games store will go the way of Origin, Uplay, and Rockstar Games.
The only issue is that it'll take much longer.

Didn't install, Tim.

Even when Square gets it right they manage to fuck it up at the last minute, it's almost endearing at this point.

I love free games

Attached: 1639100840671.jpg (1024x476, 42.44K)

wow it worked

Attached: KHIIFM.jpg (320x176, 29.54K)

see

I feel like Epic Game Store could be a decent competitor against Steam, but they're not trying.

Not shopping cart, steals your data, horrible layout design and search. Basic things any normal person can point out to fix.

Didn't click, Tim.

>that play time
>that level
user,, you suck

>FF7R flopped

it didn't though?

store aside, the client is so fucking dogshit it's unbelievable
i installed it today to play nioh and the piece of shit is just permanently laggy in every facet despite having a super computer

>Install spyware to play your games
I'll pass

Attached: 1618791819432.gif (226x224, 183.62K)

I would buy FF7R and Kill Chaos on EGS no problem, but the retail price is retardedly high. I'll wait for a real sale, not one of those bullshit 10% off sales.

Is EGS Chaos?

egs has a shopping cart
>steals your data
just like everyone else

>waiting
just pirate, its not like they actually update and maintain the PC versions anyway lol

People are too fucking lazy to use more than 1 client. The amount of people that unironically claim that it's a hassle to install another client is hilarious.

>Gotta love how they had a commercial that parodied Apple's 1984 Mac commercial and a website in support of themselves ready to launch at a moment's notice the second Apple responded to them trying to bypass their store. They KNEW how Apple would respond and were hoping to try to paint themselves the hero with a pre-made ad campaign trying to make themselves look like some oppressed underdog fighting for "the gamers"...
Tim made a fuss recently about the Joe Rogan shit with Spotify, but from the angle that Apple was ready to advertise that they were still playing Neil Young's music, calling it a "conspiracy." Like it was manufactured by Apple to take advantage of a situation....Something some call "PR." So I mentioned to Tim that his accusation is rich coming from someone who had a PR campaign ready to go that included showing and encouraging children watch propaganda "in-game" and then this happened...

Attached: BadgeOfHonor.png (589x669, 53.69K)

>I'll pass
>Installs 12 other launchers with spyware
Steamies ladies and gents

>I feel like Epic Game Store could be a decent competitor against Steam
are you serious, it's too late for anyone to compete, Steam is THE place for pc gaming, you have a shop, community market, mods, forums... everything. And it's ok cause only Gaben believed in PC gaming when no one did and they let him build this massive plataform.

everything is spyware nowadays

I don't like the idea that steam is the only vendor but they are so big at this point and I have so many of my games on there, another launcher, no matter the quality, is a hassle. It's just salt in the wound that EA has their own, GOG is a thing. I don't mind the competition but christ alive, Epic should have just released a far better client. You know what they say: "be first or be best". At least if it was a killer app, I'd be more likely to take the hit.

They'll release it to piracy instead and that's alright.

>That's not a reason to use the fucking Epic launcher rerard
lmao ESL seethe

>still avoiding his question
heh

>buying single player games
do you guys pat yourself on the back after throwing money out of the window? especially when you're just clicking download in a store, why would anyone but a braindamaged autist pay for games that work perfectly fine (often better) for free?

I have a bridge to sell you if you think modern games use Quake 1 logic. And there is a difference between bloating games to 100GB, and bloating a save from 100KB to 7MB, the difference is utterly negligible there. Your browser's cache of this very thread is likely more space than that.

>Even when Square gets it right they manage to fuck it up at the last minute, it's almost endearing at this point.
Case in point: Chocobo GP. A kart racer, one of the easiest things to do, that they didn't even have to create from scratch since it's essentially a remake of a well beloved kart racer from the PS1. Crash of all fucking things managed to pull it off. Then S-E attempted it... modern S-E.... the ones who made a New Years post about how they will get into NFTs and even knew full well people would not like that but are going to do it anyway...

.... S-E is starting to sound a lot like Epic these days, except they don't have their own launcher. (yet)

Attached: c1c4d-16472633116606-1920.jpg (680x383, 71.13K)

>are you serious, it's too late for anyone to compete
>cue 20 daily threads from steamies bitching that they can't buy exclusives on Steam
lol
lmao

>EGS is burning money buying exclusives
>EGS is burning money funding developers
>EGS is burning money giving away free games
>EGS is making hardly any money (12%) from the very few games that are sold
>EGS hasn't had any feature updates in months, still the worst platform in the industry
>EGS gained 48% users in 2020 (108m to 160m)
>EGS only gained 2.94% ($680m $700m) more revenue during a pandemic

Steam > Piracy > GOG >>>>>>>> EGS.
Steam is objectively the best platform in the industry (Including consoles), offering the best features and even supporting non-steam/pirated games. There is simply no competition.
Piracy just gets you the game with no additional features for free
>GOG just gets you the game with no additional features for a price
>Unless the game is exclusive to EGS, or free on EGS, there is no reason to buy something on EGS over Steam / pirating it
>When the majority of sales are coming from such a narrow area of the market, you're fucked
You're literally getting less for your money by not getting access to Steam's colosal featureset

EGS will be dead in 2 years, enjoy it while it lasts

Meanwhile, steam gives you:
>Steam workshop
>In home streaming
>Auto game updates
>Web streaming to phone
>Community Profiles
>Best review system
>Curators
>Holiday sales events
>Community profiles
>Group chat
>Voice chat
>Steam overlay
>Big picture mode
>Best controller support
>Best game library tools
>Play specific game versions
>Remote play together
>Best friends list
>Achievements
>Franchise pages
>Screenshots and cloud storage
>Cloud saves
>Mobile app
>Mobile chat app
>Streaming features
>Community guides
>Community forums
>Steam marketplace
>News hub
>Store discovery
>Music player
>Open about game metrics
>Steam inventory
>SteamVR
>Proton
>Gift cards
>Wallet
>Linux Support
>Non-steam game / pirated game support

And I've not even mentioned the toolset developers get for using steam.

Attached: 1648981463819.gif (500x575, 843.07K)

Maybe for FF7R but surely Strangers Paradise will get updates?

Only indoctrinated steamies do because they're addicted to displaying cheevos and trading cards on their built-in myspace pages as if anyone gives a shit

Shouldn't have Neo TWETY also hit Steam by now?

That's the point.

Attached: 1429755405331.png (612x563, 122.85K)

ironic you call steam users steamies when the EGS is a steamy pile of shit used exclusively to launch Fortnite the world over.

Typos don't = esl, retard kun. You should lurk mkre before you attempt to shill this hard.

>EGS will be dead in 2 years, enjoy it while it lasts
Epic just threw in the trash more money than it costs to run EGS for 2 years

Attached: Untitled.jpg (583x609, 96.28K)

Darkest Dungeon 2 is in early access, stopped reading there.

So you're complaing that steam is still running when you don't close it? Or are you just complaining that the X doesn't close steam completely? Whatever go ahead and mark the scoreboard for EGS, god knows you drones need a win.

>steals your data
>just like everyone else
apple vs epic lawsuit says otherwise

Attached: 1628092572862.png (644x334, 54.52K)

yeah steamies are still in a cult

>makes a launcher just to not get a cut for every V buck they sell
>"maybe we can sell some games now that so many people uses our launcher"
>"maybe if we give people free games they'll surely buy games here"
>okay... maybe if we make exclusive releases they will buy the games..."
>"uh.. ey everyone we added a shopping cart, please buy something ..."
Pathetic

>are you serious, it's too late for anyone to compete
Back in the 80s people said that about the computer market with IBM... then Microsoft and Apple arrived.

People also felt that way with Nintendo and SEGA in the console Market... then Sony arrived...

It's NEVER too late to compete.

>You know what they say: "be first or be best". At least if it was a killer app, I'd be more likely to take the hit.
And Steam took the latter, because they were not the first by a long shot, and they had a very rough start, but they became the best because they actually cared about their product instead of just becoming an exclusive-buying storefront and hoping that would force people to use them.

Steam is hardly the only vendor though, we have places like GoG, MS store, and itchio. And as history as proven, nobody is too big to be untouchable if someone makes a better product and/or the current lead screws up.

developers don't, valve does though

yeah sure thing buddy

I would have bought both if they weren't on Epic and I know at least 2 friends who would too.
I would buy SoP too, I love square games but I hate their business schemes.

>he doesn't know

>320x176
>6.74MB
The save data must be in a metadata field after the actual image content, so you wouldn't be able to post it here anyway because Yea Forums strips the extra information. People used to post CP that way years ago.

apple vs epic lawsuit says otherwise

Attached: 1649091843549.png (638x331, 51.47K)

How much has Timmy burned on exclusives so far? It must be close to 100-200 million by now, right?

Possibly never. Maybe Microsoft will decide to put it on Steam (and Game Pass) whenever the Activision purchase clears.

>EGS will be dead in 2 years, enjoy it while it lasts
EGS will be dead when Fortnite dies. That's the only thing keeping the company afloat while EGS hemorrhages money. Even all the Unreal engine revenue is peanuts compared to how much they waste on free games and exclusivity deals.

imagine being this retarded

Did one little shitpost really make you that upset? Maybe take a break, play some videogames instead of discussing superflous third party programs that act as DRM.

Over half a billion as of 2020. Probably a few hundred more in the past year with the SE exclusives.

source?

yeah dude, but the difference is that those companies came with better products
Epic's answer to Steam was just another shop
Everything is already invented, from now on any kind of competition will just make steam a better plataform

>picked 4 games out of many that everybody knew were likely to flop
lmao

Attached: 1648482421184.webm (1166x738, 2.96M)

>epics own court document backing my claim up
vs
>"uhhh I said so!!!"
nice cope lol

Jesus, it'll probably be a billion by the end of the year if that's accurate. Why aren't they investing a fraction of that in making the store fucking good?

There are plenty of other vendors. It's true that there isn't really any other general-purpose store of the same size as Steam, but there are plenty of other smaller ones around. Epic just made complete trash though, I guess their "strategy" really was that they could release something that's barely a minimum viable product and then strong-arm everyone into paying them by using exclusives. Seems completely retarded, as if there's nothing else to play on PC if somebody skips some exclusive on a consumer-hostile shop.

Bad games are meant to flop OP.

The section under "Minimum Guarantee". Also I was wrong, it was $1 billion holy shit.

Attached: https _bucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com_public_images_ca922ffd-3a96-4547-bdd9-1b424c79beff_1400x726.jpg (1400x726, 231.12K)

>yeah dude, but the difference is that those companies came with better products
>Epic's answer to Steam was just another shop
Yes, that's exactly my point. Epic's answer wasn't even close to what shops were like years ago, much less today. They came with a vastly inferior product and attempted to force people to use them by bribing for exclusivity.

>Everything is already invented, from now on any kind of competition will just make steam a better plataform
Yeah, people say that all the time, like people who thought IBM or Nintendo were unstoppable...

There is ALWAYS a way to provide a better product.

Exclusivity is cancer. It's why I stopped gaming on consoles. Fuck having to buy 3 different machines to play everything. And FUCK being forced to use somebody's shit service because they're holding games hostage on it.

Yeah I installed EGS for the free games. And fuck all else. Eat Shit, Sweeny. I will pirate your "exclusives" to spite you.

This. Valve's Steam is spyware according to the lawsuit docs, they just don't share customer data with the developers of other games.

I've wanted to play Returnal SO FUCKING bad but it's on PS5 only with no PC release for the foreseeable future. Fuck exclusives and especially fuck PS5.

Attached: 1646406451710.jpg (526x335, 18.45K)

I purchased KH3 when it came with a promo code for free months of Disney+, but then realized that the months couldn't be stacked upon my existing subscription to Disney+, so I refunded my purchase within the hour of making it. Other than that I just open it weekly to claim a free game I'll never play

Because as shows, Tim's mentality is "fuck the consumers, those with money get to decide". His storefront is 100% designed to try to be appealing to publishers (except of course, the fact that no consumer wants to use it and thus spend money on it) OVER consumers. He wants to appeal purely to publishers and force consumers to use his product. And because of this, he has zero interest in making his product any good if he could not care less about the people using it and believes he can force them to use it by monopolizing exclusives.

They dump millions into store exclusivity, not into the ports being good

Do you even play the games you hoard you fucking faggot?

>70 dollar games
>HAHA I PASS THE SAVINGS ONTO YOU
Tim is such a lying fuck. I don't give a fuck about developers.

Literally the only reason why I ever had that shit store installed, now it's gone too.

Attached: ut4.jpg (1280x720, 170.31K)

No, that one only released in Summer 2021, not yet a year ago.

And not like the devs care to make the ports good they already got paid

If only more people were like us

So? Do you have a problem with this?

Attached: 1622825388965.jpg (906x907, 121.5K)

Hey kiddos, great news, I just shelled out another zillion dollars so you can't pl- uh, don't have to play that hype new game on stinky old Steam. Hey, since you all have to install EGS now, why don't you check out Fortnite? You can play as Rick. You know, like Pickle Rick. Haha, Pickle Riiiiick. I love that joke. He's only eight dollars, by the way.

Attached: timdog.png (124x121, 25.83K)

That's a lie, tho. With the entry of Tencent, they adopted the tactics of Riot Games: lie about their success in order to attract more normies and investors.

Attached: 1617903423973.jpg (253x255, 11.6K)

I'm thankful that it gave me a lot of good games for free but the launcher is garbage.

Wrong. The PC version of KH was actually ready long before it released on EGS. It wasn't done by epic at all.

Did you know his business model has shifted to collecting user data and selling it, Google-style? Epic Online Services includes not only multiplayer connectivity, but also data collection, and it's included in every game that's ever been given away for free on EGS, even the single player ones. As a bonus fun fact, it's also patched into the Steam versions of those games at the same time the games go free on EGS, even if it's an old ass game that hasn't gotten an update in almost a decade.

Attached: 1625262865006.jpg (439x290, 22.54K)

Attached: sweeneysnake.png (626x361, 22.03K)

Oh no not my user data! aha aha ahahahahahaAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

you're either a complete retard or too young to post here. which is it?

Attached: 1642678397978 1524899175432.gif (400x300, 21.01K)

Absolute SEETHE

This, I bought THPS and in order to use my controller I have to run steam big picture in the background

Talk about fucking pathetic

because it's a worse platform than even something like Origin or Uplay, despite trying to compete with fucking Steam of all platforms

Valve has been collecting user data since Steam public beta was released.

Funny thing is. all of those games flopped in the measure of people buying it.
But since the Timmy Deal pays the difference they didn't financially flop. Free money and all that.

>He doesn't know
FFXV on ps4 is like 500MB.

>be steamdrone
>win by doing nothing
never gets old, keep seething fags.

Attached: 1557943138353.jpg (600x600, 38.89K)

>DD2 flops
Whoa did that really come out already? How bad was it?

The whole selling point of the store wasn't better deals for the consumer though. It never was. It was the 12% cut thing and more money in the devs hands. Which was also false because a games sales doesn't go to the developer. It goes to the publisher. Only time it goes to the developer is if publisher and developer are one and the same.
Epic's shit was scummy from the onset for more ways than one.

>Source: Just trust me
Funny that you say collecting but don't mention the selling. That's the issue.

Source: Epic vs. Apple lawsuit, see Next.

he has to say collect because they all collect, selling however is something epic does while valve does not

Companies have been stealing data for decades and yet nothing happened. Why should I care?

You can moan and bitch all you want
Epic makes 10 millions each day from fortnite alone
Epic owns the engine market
Epic owns the future gen
Epic will always win in the long run
Valve is mentally bankrupt

Yeah that’s why egs is approved by the us airforce
Dumptard

Alright, give us your name, address, credit card infromations, and your other personal informations.
It's already in the hands of companies, it's not like you care about sharing those anymore, right?

>Epic owns the engine market
Is that why Unity is the more popular engine?

>unity
Lmao on your life
Every aaa company (-blizzard) is switching to unreal
The big games are made with unreal

>give us your name, address, credit card infromations, and your other personal informations.
Apparently these companies don't have them even though according to you retards they should.

You clearly seem defensive of your informations, for someone who say he doesn't care about what happen to his informations.

Not my point, retard. I'll be even more clear. Explain to me what data are they stealing and why they don't do anything with this. I've been using internet for more than 20 years and nothing changed, no one ever stole money from me. It almost seems like they didn't stole shit.

You're expecting a slave to care about what his masters know about him when he's completely their property already.

>Valve has been collecting user data since Steam public beta was released.
>Source: Developers have no access to personal identifying information of their customers on Steam

Attached: 1461534910332.jpg (548x548, 25.42K)

Correct, developers don't have access to the data Valve collects on its customers.

So how does that prove what kind of data Valve collects on its customers?

FUCK TIM and his bullshit

It's an inferior storefront and it runs on anti-consumer practices of paying for exclusivity, which is why pirates always day one crack epic exclusives out of spite
most of the points in pic related are still true

Attached: steam and epic features.png (591x1207, 479.18K)

What do you mean?

It's not about stealing, it's about profiting. Google does the same but at least they give you a service in exchange for it, Epic pays devs to add mining spyware to 10 year old games so they can collect and sell your data at absolutely no benefit to yourself. If you don't mind giving away your info, at least demand something in exchange for it.

People said the same thing about EA and Bethesda.

>Developers have no access to personal identifying information of their customers on Steam
This could mean one of two things.
Either Valve collects data but doesn't want to let developers access it, or Valve doesn't collect data so obviously they can't let developers access what they don't have.
How do you know it's the 1st case instead of the 2nd?

You guys are dumb.
Rejecting free games is dumb. And no, pirating is not the same. Pirating is sketchy as hell and sometimes doesn't work. EGS giving away free games is much safer, even with China spyware.
Take the weekly free games. Play them if you like them.
I personally don't care about EGS but I want to support them simply because Steam has such a monopoly.
More competition > Less monopoly > Better for consumers
That's all there is to it.

How do you?

They don't have access to customers information, period.
It doesn't say anything about them collecting information, just that developers don't have access to it, developers don't need access to your credit card number or other billing information.

Shouldn't you be seething about Apple and Linux on Twitter right now, Tim?

No idea, that's why I'm asking you.
If you don't know either, then it could be either-or and you're just making a hasty conclusion.

The fact the document specifically mentions developers and not Valve means that 1. there is data collected and 2. it is not shared with developers, i.e game developers because not sharing with employees doesn't make sense.

lol

See above.

>The fact the document specifically mentions developers and not Valve means that 1. there is data collected and 2. it is not shared with developers
Wow what a nice non-sequitur.
Tell me more about the truths that your dreams have revealed to you.

>lol
And I expected as much.
You backed yourself into a corner and now you don't know what to say.
Congratulation.

>square ported fucking balan wonderworld of all fucking games to steam
>KH trilogy, FF7R, NEO TWEWY stay and rot on EGS
>hmmmm.... why did our games fail?
i really hope square takes tim's cock out their mouth or either epic or square go bankrupt, preferably square for having the gall to also release >cloud versions of the KH trilogy on switch instead of the actual games
what is wrong with this company.

Attached: 1625655280560.jpg (276x344, 39.21K)

What else can you say to someone who has no proof of their claim? lol

>I personally don't care about EGS but I want to support them simply because Steam has such a monopoly.
A tip for the future: avoid using the word "monopoly" because that immediately reveals you're a shill.

So do you have proof of the contrary or are we going to go with what makes the most sense logically, according to the court document? The choice is yours.

>monopoly
can you see which game is an epic exclusive??

Attached: 1640548739010.png (1937x1060, 581.46K)

>Just ignore the fact they're paying out the nose to force you to download their shit if you wanna play a game they had no hand in making

I won't use a game store that is openly hostile to Linux.
That's pretty much the extent of it for me, the other shit they do bothers me but this alone breaks the camel's back.

The claim that neither of us actually know? The proof is that there's no proof.
But when you claim you know something, you do need proof, and so far the only one you provided and repeatingly tried to use doesn't say anything.
So yeah, you backed yourself in a corner.

>or are we going to go with what makes the most sense logically
Let's go with that. A safe assumption that Valve indeed doesn't collect PII because there's no proof to the contrary.
Of course your payment information when you purchase a game from Steam is exempt from this because you provide that information, it's not collected from you.

I hate fatalities so much..

>durrr hurr i am silly
"you are silly"
>wow u mad much? :))))) DURR HURR I AM SILLY!!!!!
many such cases on 4channel.org...

>Total war Troy on Epic
God, you couldn't smell the shit of that game coming?

Unrelated to Epic, but does Square Enix sell games to gamers anymore? Seems like they only sell their games to Sony or Epic for exclusivity.

Nobody said anything about capitalism, schizo

>I have no proof
I thought as much.

Eh, doesn't make sense because they wouldn't state that [nothing] is not shared with developers. That something has to be data, otherwise a statement like "Valve doesn't collect customer data" would be more fitting. At least we can agree that Valve most likely collects data, but does not share with developers as the court document implies.

Why won't they release ut2k4 or ut99 on epic games store?

Attached: 1648323193429.gif (264x408, 3.7M)

is darkest dungeon 2 fundamentally shit or will can it be made enjoyable?

Basicly
>bought rayman, bf1 & spore in a sale on steam
>"to play these games you need to install origins"
>uninstall
>refund

They could state that because EGS is collecting said data, and they're working on ways to share it with developers/publishers, but because Steam does not they can't let developers access said data.
You're assuming guilty until proven innocent which goes against the whole basis of the modern justice system.

>does Square Enix sell games to gamers anymore?
Yes, but only trash like Balan Wonderland, Forspoken or Babylon's Fall.

Plenty of AAA game companies still use their own engines, hell even Namco is building their own.
Unreal is great when maintaining your own engine becomes too much, like with Square.
Also they only really own the AAA market as a third party engine, otherwise Unity is king in indie, mobile, vr/ar and the like. Plus Unity makes 7x the money off their engine compared to Unreal.

For the same reason they dropped the new UT like an ugly baby the microsecond Fortnite hit it big, if it ain't making mad dosh it ain't worth Timmy's time.

Monopoly is a strong word, Steam doesn't have a monopoly but it's damn close. More competition would be beneficial for us all.

Wait one year, it'll be on Steam. Big deal. One year exclusivity helps devs create more games.

Literally that's what publishers do.

>I thought as much.
Neither do you, so the only proof is that we don't know.

>More competition would be beneficial for us all.
True, but the EGS model of securing exclusivity means LESS competition, not more.
Games are not interchangeable, exclusivity on a game means you have monopoly on said game.

... so where is this competition? Where are my benefits? All I see Epic doing to "compete" is buying exclusives and that doesn't benefit anybody. So what the fuck are you talking about?

Why do people never complain about Switch exclusives like Octopath Traveler or Triangle Strategy, no one seems to care when its Nintendo.

>all Nomura shit games flopped being EGS only
based af!

Because besides Nintendo users, nobody ever hears about those games in the first place unless it's Mario or Pokemon.

yet, they still sell better than lots of other games on Nintendo consoles alone.

Attached: 2314564578456.png (759x195, 21.24K)

Good for them I suppose.
Never heard of the game myself.

Consoles always had exclusives. PC never had storefront third-party exclusives like this. Thanks Tim Faggot.

Octopath is on Steam btw

It's beneficial if it doesn't fuck customers in the ass with a 30 inch wide cattle prod.
Limiting access to a product and keeping the prices as high as any other platform isn't competitive, and it's not beneficial to customers.

Returnal wouldn't exist if Sony never funded it, it's not an existing game they "bought" like Epic did to many of their PC exclusives. Do you think Ubisoft, Activision or Gearbox would do it without slapping tons of MTX in it?

Attached: 1637772790323.jpg (640x640, 90.75K)

>enter a bait thread
>dozens of excellent well thought out posts
Holy shit, what the fuck is this? Why did the board's IQ randomly jump up by like 70%?
I personally have ONLY bought KH1+2 and FFO on Epic out of all the timed exclusives purely because I really wanted those games, and even then it's left a really sour taste in my mouth, knowing that those games will one day be on Steam and have way better support. Epic is a terrible Launcher, service, and platform, as someone who has actually used it. Steam is so much better it's absurd, and I have tons of free games on Epic I've never played purely because it's on Epic, and everything on Epic has WAY worse performance then on Steam, likely because of the proprietary fuckery they stick in the code. Games that I own for free on Epic and own on Steam will almost ALWAYS perform better on Steam, so I see little reason to even bother with Timmy's storefront.
Tim's paid for your copy boys. I think all the games he releases should be on him from now on.

Attached: Bait-kai.png (622x626, 105.03K)

Asano and Horii are the only leads that still make good games at SE, of course they want their games on Nintendo consoles.

This shit's wild, BD2 also sold like a million in a month and literally everyone who talks about it just says it's mediocre at best, not to mention when it came to PC nobody batted an eye.

Elder Ring sold 12 million in just 1

>6-7MB
Kingdom Hearts 2 was on the PS2, which came with 8MB memory cards. That is a massive filesize for data that was nowhere NEAR that big on the PS2.

In what way? EA and Ubisoft and everyone else making their own stores hasn't improved the consumer situation at all.

Nintendo is a huge normie thing, more than any other console, there's a lot of people willing to pay to play another Pokemon or Zelda game, and it means they're also willing to pay half a grand for a new console every 5 years or so.

>Besides that though, who cares if it's 6-7MB? This isn't the 1990s where a floppy was a lot of storage. My New Pokemon Snap savefile on my Switch is over a gig.
The thing is that saves bloat is becoming a bigger and bigger problem.
Saves don't usually contain that much informations unless you're playing some game like Minecraft.

Horii seems to want his games on everything as of lately. DQ11 even made it to Gamepass, the future of gaming.

Stranger of Paradise and 7R have both had 1 update so far, SOP will get more since Team Ninja announced DLC like Nioh.

It's the Nintendo exclusive effect. Everything in there you can't get anywhere else is a 10/10 masterpiece until it pops up on Steam and the other consoles.

Attached: 1646989803430.jpg (540x564, 66.74K)

I don't know about the others but FF7:R definitely didn't flop

It's probably because the Switch has a huge install base, but not just anyone can release on Switch.
It's very much like Steam was before Greenlight, when only the few and chosen got to release on Steam, so being on Steam instantly meant you've made it.

It's the same principle as all of these shitty streaming services popping up. The more platform exclusives there are, the more appealing piracy becomes. Lower sales and higher piracy levels mean PC ports start to become less appealing to developers like it was in years past. Tim is fucking us all by setting this precedent.

I didn't even know DS2 was out

They could have done a lot of things. I'll go with what they did reveal in court.

>we don't know.
At least you admit it.

>They could have done a lot of things.
And you could be a murderer and/or child rapist.
Better throw you in jail for life just in case.
I mean you do have proof on the contrary, right?

>not just anyone can release on Switch.
The fact that I have to waddle through a sea of absolute shovelware during a sale to find something good makes me doubt what you say. Also, Popeye.
youtu.be/bJ79te3zpjM

Attached: IMG_20220404_213541.jpg (422x610, 93.3K)

Oh shitposter-kun, how can a game thats years from release flop?

Because nobody wants to download more than one client just to play their fucking games.
>Steam
>Uplay
>Rockstar club out whatever it's called
>Origin
>Battlenet
>Epic
Doesn't help that epic is subversive chinkware that's just trying to buy out developers to undercut stream. I hate the other ones but they only punish their own games that I can at least still buy on steam.

I didn't mean it in a good way, just that there are a limited amount of games coming out on Switch.
Wading through Steam's recent releases would be so much worse, and Valve knows this which is why they have so many experiments to filter and discover new games.

Feels good to be a Steamchad.

did he died?

yeah, RIP DeMarkus Jackson

I hope his family sued the shit outta that carnival

I'm Q2 but didn't get the email yet. It hurts.

The image clearly shows him jumping into the ride, why would he die?

Have you tried taking an entire ride up the ass? It hurts, user.

The only thing that matters is I have a court document to go off of while you have nothing but baseless assumptions.

how do you take an entire ride up the ass?

>EGS is in the end a good thing as Steam needs competitors
Steam needs GOOD and COMPETENT competitors

I mean if they give lower prices than Steam i'll use it. But if they gonna pay to get exclusive and sell it at higher prices why the fuck would i support them?

Attached: 1648912479287.png (720x672, 400.93K)

1- it's everything pc fags hate (notice nobody had issues using gog when it came as an alternative with key differences that benefitted the paying customer)
2- less payment methods for the third world
3- people hate using it because it's a shit launcher full of missing features and technical issues
4- timmy is a niggerfaggot who abandoned pc gaming like a rat and pc fags have memory, so it has spite against it, also games arent cheaper as he promised
5- pc fags are also used to waiting, so a year means nothing to them if a game is exclusive, or just pirate, the very thing steam was improved over time to battle by being a good service people willingly want to use
It's been FOUR FUCKING YEARS, we already had this discussion way too many times. It's a dead topic brought up by consolefags to mess up the board and shitpost.

Attached: 1613584678006.png (627x693, 209.8K)

>if they give lower prices than Steam
lol

?

This storefront war is useless. Steam, Epic and GOG will go the way of the PC physical media once Microsoft buys two more AAA publishers.
If they manage to secure at least 1 big day one release for each month of the year, it's over. It doesn't matter if they keep publishing their games full price on other platforms when GP is the most practical option for the normies, just like Steam was in the mid 2000s compared to discs.

Attached: 687033_1140x516.jpg (1140x516, 53.44K)

Then surely you can post an excerpt from said court document as proof that Steam secretly collects personally identifying information.

>Come back in 10 years and Epic may turn out to be the good guys in the long run.
Epic games store has been around for 5 years now and they're still severely lacking in many features steam has had for years.
They've barely attempted to up their game and all they've done is basically bring console exclusive wars to steam.
I've got tons of free games from epic yet never once have I downloaded the launcher and bothered to play games on it since there is absolutely no reason for me to use epic over steam.
And the extremely high prices for the fucking exclusives they do poach(which is fucking antithetical to your fucking competition claims) makes me rather pirate then actually buy the games

The prices aren't up to Valve or Epic. Though if you want to get technical, Epic literally pays game developers to give away their games to you for free, while Valve has never done that in the 25 years Steam has been around.

It's no secret and you can find the document multiple times above

Timmy saying Steam doesn't provide PII isn't proof that Steam collects PII.

Because EGS is shit.

Valve had to testify under oath and provide documents to the court. You're free to bring Valve to court if you think they're lying.

>never spent a dime in the epic games store
>159 titles in library

Attached: 1646714896751.gif (656x368, 2.85M)

Besides sales and their relevant coupons, EGS doesn't sell games for any cheaper than other stores, but other stores also have sales so it doesn't mean anything.

Ok but post the actual statement where they admit to collecting PII.

>Gotta love how they had a commercial that parodied Apple's 1984 Mac commercial and a website in support of themselves ready to launch at a moment's notice the second Apple responded to them trying to bypass their store. They KNEW how Apple would respond and were hoping to try to paint themselves the hero with a pre-made ad campaign trying to make themselves look like some oppressed underdog fighting for "the gamers", you know, with statements like:
Lol. They even had their legal documents in order and issued them to apple in mere hours of them banning Fortnite. This is a near hundred page document conjured up in a matter of hours

Agreed, even Origin, rebranded Uplay, and the Xbox app are better than EGS. EGS was primarily built for UE4 devs to launch projects from, then they added an asset marketplace, then decided to add a bare bones friends list and chat feature before calling it good.

Why don't they just undercut valve by offering lower prices? Wouldn't that make people come buy games there instead of exclusivity?

"Developers have no access to PII of their customers"

kek

rekt him

You mean like in their privacy policy agreement? You didn't read it when you signed up for Steam, did you? OH NONONONONONONOOOO LMAOOO

>he thinks Valve doesn't collect his data
ROFLLLLL

Attached: 1645924670639.png (413x57, 3.7K)

I'll gladly wait a year to buy a superior version of a game from steam (by which I mean the likely goty and patched version of the game with DLC and stuff), since the alternative pisses me off. If Epic truly believed in fair competition, it would not monopolize games for a year. I would rather moderate a debate between a Turkish person and a Greek, than buy anything from epic.

Sorry my poor format, I'm a bit drunk

Actually I prefer to get things on gog when I can, since then I don't have to worry about built-in drm, but a lot of titles have steam as their only pc release, which I can't blame them for since gog releases are obviously easy to pirate. Truth be told what I'd like most is for pc releases to have physical disks again that aren't just a fucking download code, I like physical releases for collection purposes.

Steam is kryptonite to publishers

They would rather send hundreds of IPs to die then let the stean monopoly continue

>Turkish person and a Greek
That bad huh? Those shitskins don't get along?

This is b8.

Attached: IMG_20220326_054802820.jpg (4160x3120, 3.63M)

>I'll gladly wait a year to buy a superior version of a game from steam (by which I mean the likely goty and patched version of the game with DLC and stuff
Epic aside it's actually a detriment to buy a game full price at release due to bugs and inevitable QoL patches and dlc. There are several games id like to get right now but due to the prices to get the "full" (deluxe edition) of games id rather pirate. But even then I haven't bothered pirating strangers paradise due to the poor performance on launch. Haven't even gotten around to FF remake yet.
The pc games market is a joke. At this point.

How good is it? Have you played RPGMaker H-games on it?

Ubisoft and ea finally caved and started selling on steam
Afaik all new releases will be on steam

Pretty good. And of course. They work well.

>>Kingdom Hearts flopped
no
>>Darkest Dungeon 2 flopped
no one knows
>>Final Fantasy 7 Remake flopped
lol no
>>Final Fantasy Origin flopped
yeah but no one cares

God I hate this sort of condescending messages so much.

Good to hear. Thanks user. Now I can wait without worry and look for more games to play on it.

>no ff7 numbers
>no kh3 numbers
>"it didn't flop!"
meanwhile squeenix pissed and shit themselves over their sales numbers on FF15's PC release

What's condescending about it? It tells you that the update that's about to happen isn't the usual update, since it looks all sorts of fucked up.

Attached: IMG_20220326_054840940.jpg (3120x4160, 2.73M)

A blessing in disguise.

If any of these sold even remotely well these publishers would be ranting and raving on twitter and and coming out with trailers and shit, they all 100% flopped. Shit TWEWY flopped so hard Squeenix had to come out and make a statement to shareholders

That's one of the least offensive examples of it I've ever seen. At least it clarifies it's going to update the BIOS.

Very blatantly it's doing a Hades and using the exclusivity money to beta test and develop

>click steam to open
it opens
>click epic to open
black screen for 5-10 minutes

Doing anything with epic just feels like a hassle. only thing I dislike about steam is that the discussion boards are full of retards.

>technical-looking
This carries the connotation that it's too technical for you to understand what's going on.
>don't worry
Why would I worry about an update in the first place?
>Just let it do its thing
Don't interrupt your system update so you don't fuck it up, because we assume you're too dumb to know this.

All they needed to tell was
>Your device needs a firmware update. The screen will be sideways during the update for technical reasons, please don't power off the system during the update.

It's certainly not the worst I've seen, but I just hate that shit in general.

On the contrary, if they weren't making more money on Epic they'd be back selling on Steam.

>>click steam to open
>it opens the spam "deal" of the day
lol

>click epic to open
>black screen for 5-10 minutes
works on my machine, sounds like a "you" problem

I got a dozen of online multiplayer games for free to play with my friends. It's easier to convince friends to play coop when the game is free. You can technically host and join some pirated games but it's a pain to setup and it often doesn't work.

If you tell most people "there's going to be an update" and then they see BIOS firmware stuff with a red and black screen, they'll start freaking out thinking they broke it.

Except they literally can't because they have a legally-binding contract

>gifts you AAAs and prime indies
>*autistic 30 year old steamies go ree

Attached: epic.jpg (1497x678, 261.98K)

you can disable that

Whom has which contract?

Exclusivity deals, don't post in threads you aren't educated in

Maybe I expect too much from people then.
To me, this type of "familiar" speaking by the computer comes off as creepy more than anything.

a bit, but also to call out that trash

It wasn't on EGS because of an exclusivity deal. It's on EGS because since they're using Unreal, they don't have to pay any extra royalties aside from the ones they do for simply using the engine. Same goes with FF7R.

>Exclusivity deals
deals that last for more than a year? lol more likely that Square likes being paid upfront. they like Epic's deals and they see Steam more like an EoL thing.

Yes, we already know about exclusive deals, that's literally what we were discussing. If these deals didn't make the developers/publishers more money, they would be back to selling games on Steam instead. For someone who claims to be "educated" you sure are retarded.

None of the Square Enix Epic exclusive games have reached a year yet retard, just stop posting

Steamdrone thread detected.
You are swearing loyalty to a corporation.

>square is the only company who has had an exclusivity deal with eoipc
retard alert

>If any of these sold even remotely
>SOLD
Holy fuck you bootlickers are dumb

kh3 was released on PC march 30th 2021

this, I can't even "Appear Offline" in EGS. How fucking pathetic is that?

Epic really messed up any goodwill they had when it was shown they were scanning your hard drive for Steam games

If it was just about that, it would still make sense to release on both Steam and EGS.
Even with the revenue cut of Steam, it's much more profitable to go with Steam because you reach an order of magnitude larger audience. Digital games don't have unit costs after all, so only the final amount of money you receive matters.

>I have no argument
I accept your concession, dumby.

its not steam

Attached: 01-May-and-Rally-disbelief.jpg (640x480, 48.54K)

Um no those are Tim's files steamie

There's no evidence how long any of these exclusivity deals are, could be any length of time for all we know.

>Even with the revenue cut of Steam, it's much more profitable to go with Steam because you reach an order of magnitude larger audience
Square are retarded Japs who still don't seem to understand how fucking big the worldwide install base for steam is. All they see is the amount they get in profit per unit and say "okay we port to pc job done."
It's also hard to estimate the cost of extra royalties vs potential extra sales. Keep in mind these are the same fucking retards who said they were going to give FFXV mod tools but then just didn't.

whatever bro, thanks for letting me keep bumping this anti-EGS thread lmao get fucked TIm

There's no evidence that Square even has an exclusivity deal with them in the first place and isn't just doing it so they don't have to pay double royalties on their UE4 games.

their only hope is that Fortnite will make money for long enough that they can establish a foothold, but it's obviously going to be a while before that happens. They really need to invest heavily in the launcher itself because until then they will never gain any sort of ground, but I imagine they probably give a very small amount of shits about EGS compared to Fortnite

Wait, did they lower the price down from $70?

>There's no evidence that Square even has an exclusivity deal with them in the first place
sure
>isn't just doing it so they don't have to pay double royalties on their UE4 games
lol. These companies aren't retarded when it comes to financials, no way they miscalculated that bad. Steam has a 75% market share, the extra cut literally doesn't matter when you are reaching 3-4x the audience.

The "problem" with the free shit that I've found is that it's either something I absolutely do not care about and as such will never touch anyway, or it's some old game that I do like but I already own it because of that. Shit's practically worthless to me.

>bad games flopped
oh no

>lol. These companies aren't retarded when it comes to financials
This is Square Enix we're talking about my man.
youtube.com/watch?v=CSFf-WnYAIM
This is Square Enix we're talking about friend. Never underestimate their retardation. They were literally about to give FFXV on PC a modding scene that could rival Bethesda and then just forgot. These are the people who are bankrolling Forspoken.

They’ll release on Steam at full price one year after the fact too and be surprised that people are more than willing to just wait for the inevitable sale.

Epic store is a kiss of death for any game, relevant or not.

KH3 has been on EGS for a little over a year now.

I just wait for things to come to steam. If they don't then oh well. I pirate or don't play them.

Bumping again so everyone can see how ridiculous the cult of steam is

There is 0 good thing about epic games
>store
>games
>engine
fuck you chinkcent

SE business decisions in general fascinate me. They seem to love making retarded decisions then tripling down on them.

>My team better than your team
Corporations aren't your friend bootlicker

Sounds like a good plan from the developers POV. Get paid with Fortnite money + full price sales, release a year later so Steamies pay full price, waitfags buy on sale like they always do. It's no wonder more and more devs are collecting those sweeney bucks.

This. Epic is BASED.

Piracy is so normalized no one really sees it as a crime (not that it shouldn't)

Unlike the Cult of Steam, I don't think companies are my friends and I understand the importance of pitting company against company. I do appreciate the projection though, it was funny.

>games im never gonna play

why even bother?

Attached: FPNpedOUcBQ49DK.jpg (484x679, 72.67K)

Because instead of making a better product, timmy is trying to strongarm his way in. I think it funny that people say steam users are a cult but if you ask the majority of people who have steam they'll also have 2 or 3 other store launchers installed.

>epiggies still can't give one reason why you should install their garbage

the Midas Touch of Shit.

>nobody has given me ONE reason to leave my cult!
patty hearst

Attached: 1630313143824.png (1673x2160, 2.24M)

>c-c-c-c-cult!!!! how dare you not blindly join MY cult!
still waiting for any reason to put the chink shop on my pc

>6 year old game and 3 indie trash

>I have to join a cult to shop from any company
This is your mind on Steam

>still no answer
come on timmy, just need a reason

Why would you support another cult when it will directly harm the cult you're currently in?

After multiple years there's still no reason to install EGS.

still waiting, come on epiggy

I assume you want to buy the games, why else would you be seething over Epic?

I got INscryption for 5 bucks. Not mad.

Tag team of infinite money provided by Blackrock and the CCP

It baffles me EGS cucks and Timmy cry out that Steam's a monopoly when it never set out to be one. It just happened to be a popular client that most publishers went to because more people already had an account. Not only that but they even offered Steamworks and VAC integration to other developer games to ease the headaches of cloud saves, anti-cheat, publishing tools, etc.

Now Steam/Valve are at a point where they've made hardware for the PC audience and actively working on giving the software to give them more freedoms, meanwhile shithead companies like Epic, Ubishit, ActiShitz are the cancers of the PC gaming community with their shitty launchers that you can legally only get certain games on.

Genuinely don't like to pirate games anymore because of how awful torrents can be and how fucking slow it takes to download a game but I've pirated more in the last year for fucking Squenix titles and others than I have in a long time because of how fucking shitty and hypocritical that faggot Tim is.

Attached: tfw.gif (200x150, 2.67M)

>Trash
>6 year old game outdone by two sequels
>Old indie with a sequel
>Trash
Epig is scaping the bottom of the barrel