I finally understand why this got GOTY. fucking amazing

i finally understand why this got GOTY. fucking amazing

Attached: images - 2020-03-04T121136.749.jpg (738x415, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hLI0uNJma-E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It’s pure ludokino

Took you long enough

I don't. Care to share with the rest of the class?

fuck off back to Yea Forums

literally the best action game ever made, shitters can fuck off

>Action game with two buttons

your mom has 2 buttons lmao faggot

nice. it's like shitty icecream kino goty poop journalists favorite game fad of the week 12 year olds kids ninja game made by and for newgaymen

18+ site

Yeah same here
I loved Sekiro but figured I should play the other GOTY contenders before deciding on which was best
Currently playing DMC V and it's a lot of fun but also definitely inferior to Sekiro

Sekiro really spoiled me. It's hard to go back to other Fromsoft games now and even harder to go back to a knockoff like Nioh or Code Vein.

Elden Ring better be worth the wait. Or they should just make Sekiro 2.

elden ring is going to be the goat of all goats. based miyazaki dabbing on AAA studios with a team of 30 japs working in slave labor

big true

The amount of Miyazaki dickriding in this thread but not a lot of explaining why the game is so great.
Fucking drones without a single articulate thought in your heads, the lot of you.

Attached: 1579029108643.jpg (474x355, 28K)

DMC5 was solid, but really fell short of expectations and promises. Yet, when I got it, I didn't actually think I would enjoy Sekiro more. Two weeks later, I was proven so wrong.

Easily the best boss design in any recent Fromsoft game, only type of boss that would've made it better would be a Monk or Mirror Knight-type encounter.

Attached: 1541049982765.gif (420x431, 2.07M)

I only played like 1 hour and the tutorial was kinda dissapointing, doesn't have nearly as much atmosphere as Bloodborne, DS1 or DeS and those tutorial pop ups made me cringe.

There’s nothing worth talking about on Yea Forums right now. I go where the main new releases are.

HOW THE FUCK DO I DEFEAT THE HEADLESS AAAAAARGH

Attached: 1582414881615.jpg (1151x662, 220K)

It makes you feel the same feelings you’d get from beating a really tough but fair NES game when you were a kid. The gameplay is focused and razor sharp, it knows exactly what it is and what it wants from you. If you were supposed to do this but did that instead, you know exactly what you did wrong and why so when you correct yourself, you feel a sense of accomplishment from overcoming your own limitations.

Hard agree. Headless/Shichimen can still go fuck themselves, though.

Divine Confetti, Purple Mottled Gourd and Lilac Umbrella.

It has a classic, unpolished fromsoft polish. An unique feel to it. Can't really describe it better lol

Their first game that had not clunky controls and somewhat good hitboxes. That alone makes it great.

Fuck off tripfag

>The gameplay is focused and razor sharp, it knows exactly what it is and what it wants from you
I didn't get this impression at all, though. The stealth is laughably bad, with enemies seemingly having ESP in the early game yet being dumb as bricks in the late game, and the combat has one repeating combo throughout the entire game while giving you tools that seem fun in practice, but you reserve them for specific enemies designed to be defeated with specific tools.
The combat is rigid and bland, where you unlock a few moves but you can only equip a single combat art (imagine taking anything but the one that recovers your posture), so it fails as an action game. The exploration is unrewarding and only throws consumables or another charge of healing at you, sometimes with a pretty vista, so it fails as an adventure game.

If I had to liken the combat to anything, the safest bet would be to say it's like playing DMC except all you can do is Rebellion Combo A and use a very, very, VERY generous version of Royal Guard.

It was alright for a single playthrough, but I don't understand at all why it gets fellated so goddamn hard.

It's too short though, and it doesn't offer any replayability

Miyazaki will take everything that he's learned from Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Dark Souls 3 and Sekiro and will now make his magnum opus. It will unironically be the game of the century.

>The stealth is laughably bad, with enemies seemingly having ESP in the early game yet being dumb as bricks in the late game
Maybe you weren’t paying attention to your own skill upgrades?

Attached: B9790F07-37D6-4776-991D-89383C12F279.jpg (300x104, 9K)

The skill upgrade is the thing. Without the stealth upgrades, you're walking around with squeaky clown shoes despite being a trained and elite ninja.
With the skill upgrade, you may as well be floating around on a cloud for all the noise you make.

Pop a divine confetti, run behind him, hit him twice, then run behind him again, then repeat.

FUCK the Sunken Valley portion of the game
FUCK that goddamn undead monkey
and most importantly, FUCK THE RED OGRE

youtu.be/hLI0uNJma-E

Attached: 2d1kekiuojf41.png (1243x1881, 2.56M)

already tried doing this, but i couldn't do it fast enough
is it because i'm a console player?

one of the most beautiful stages in any game ever

ur just a shit gamer

Divine confetti
Too lazy to farm that item? No problem!
Use the purple umbrella with the projected force skill.
Hide in the umbrella until it starts smoking, and then press R1 for a giant slashing purple attack. No confettis required

No. I did it on xbone. Make sure youre holding the sprint button. Dont bother locking on because that slows you down.

I can't fucking wait man, no one will be able to replicate the greatness that is Elden ring

I'm considering turning off demon bell just to murder those fatties. They're terrifying right up until you have to fight them, then they're just obnoxious

Just use fire

I'll never forget the first time I saw these bastards

Totally, fellow gamer. Elden Ring by From Software is going to be totally epic for the win, dude.
Based Miyazaki.

My first encounter was blundering into the one in the woods. Jesus christ that is how you make games scary, it was like something out of a nightmare

just beat genichiro (for the first time i'm assuming, since his ass got back up and jumped out the castle)
fuck bros getting endorphin rush i haven't experienced since i was new to souls games

Attached: 1565700161954.jpg (500x470, 17K)

The next time you fight him, you’ll realize that he’s no longer a boss character to you but rather you’re a boss character to him

Congratulations, you have finished the tutorial!
Go and meet your lord now, and then go speak to Isshin.

Yeah it's fucking great. The final boss is even better.

Attached: __ashen_one_and_sekiro_sekiro_shadows_die_twice_and_etc__f914bd352bfb32e84d3c57b02d6f49b1.png (840x720, 468K)

What "new main releases" are worth talking about on fucking Yea Forums? Video games are the worst hobby right now as far as new releases go.