Starsector thread?

starsector thread?
what's your favourite
>faction
>ship

Attached: starsector.jpg (700x700, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/fastland/hubris-symptom-triumphant-theme?in=fastland/sets/blackrock-drive-yards
mediafire.com/file/f3kf1jqejb89f0k/Another_Portrait_Pack.7z/file
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sexy ass Diable Avionics ships.

Hegemony are unironically the most correct faction

Love high tech ships, though

Was there an update or anything recently? Any reason to get back into the game right now?
Anyway,
>Persean League
>Odyssey

update when bros

Attached: nitta.png (1920x1080, 2.15M)

Been awhile since I played, but I recall preferring Overdrive Hammerhead with a fast kinetic gun, eventually moving on to Harbinger for slipping behind enemies, then a Doom

Tri-Tachyon

Well I got my paragon after raiding tri-tachion to oblivion and I kinda feel like the the game is "complete"

I don't have it in me to start depopulating the sector, and fighting the hegemony seems like a slog just because of their sheer numbers, I'm happy to keep taking their money despite the constant inspections.
AI fleets are no threat to me anymore, my two colonies are armed to the teeth with alpha cored hi-tech fortresses and shields, and I'm pumping out capital ships every month or so.

Not sure what to do now besides fucking around with a bazillion mods or wait for a new update. Is there anything interesting to find out there besides more nexus stations?

Attached: DspYXR4UcAArOB0.jpg (938x612, 89K)

The game gets two updates per year with a hotfix or two between each releases. So early this year and one before December.

haven't even started yet

>Not sure what to do now
Install Messy Portrait Pack and start your waifu collection.

Too bad the whole faction got "balanced" into oblivion.

best ship is LP Cerberos

Attached: mad dog horde.webm (1920x1080, 2.98M)

>Messy Portrait Pack
not a Space doggo pp

Attached: ppp_uplifted_x_01.png (128x128, 31K)

ALL PARAGONS ALL THE WAY

Attached: 20190815075313_1.jpg (515x338, 45K)

I remember modding the portrait mod to add cute 40k girls to the portraits

Attached: sisters.png (683x488, 348K)

QUICK Yea Forums
Post the name of your captain and the flagship s/he pilots

Attached: Paragon.jpg (1293x1320, 332K)

Is there a mod that allows computer controlled officers to take control of multiple smaller ships? It would be great if I could choose between using an officer to either confer their bonuses to a capital ship or a squad of smaller vessels instead.

Talos
Conquest

Attached: portrait_diktat05.png (128x128, 27K)

I can't stop using the rape-donut.

The AI will try their best to get their's killed, but in player hands, its almost unsinkable...

Hegemony
I love the Onslaught!

>Faction
Based independents
>Ship
Nibelung cruiser

>Nibelung cruiser
Oy gevalt!

Don't mind me, just posting the most based faction: Interstellar Imperium.

Attached: 9Kz4d12.jpg (1149x1217, 223K)

>faction
Hippity hoppity, get off my property
>ship
Tough choice between normal Dominator, Vindicator and Tahlan Doominator

Ready for that update, the new skill system sounds fun.

Is there a setting or mod to increase the availability of faction specific weaponry? Even with a commission and relations at 100 I can usually not outfit a ship with faction specific weapons which triggers my autism.

Faction weapons are always available from their fleets

For II, there's a planet or two with an industry called, Imperial Bazaar, or something like that, and it is generally well stocked with II stuff.

Otherwise, your best bet is either producing it yourself via custom production or using the console command mod. Word of advise though, if you use the console command mod, make sure to get the latest dev branch version, and not the public stable version.

You can use forcemarketupdate to refresh inventories

Personally Im looking forward to AI ship shenanigans

Attached: You better hope I dont have ITU.png (469x330, 189K)

They'll probably nerf that thing's flux reserves.
At the very least when it gets into player hands.

Thanks.
Not what I'm looking for but I appreciate the suggestion.

By default its every month isn't it?

I got bored and started playing Avorion after someone mentioned it here.

Hm, looks like Starsector and Space Engineers had a baby

How to learn which weapons or stuff to put on your ships? There's so much stuff in this game, battles are multiple ships each with tons of weapons and upgrades on them.

Am I too dumb for this game? It seems so hard to come up with a reliable way to win battles

>At the very least when it gets into player hands.
LOL NeverEver

What really got me to play it is the workshop ships allowing me to do stuff like have a Gundam fleet with mobile suit fighters that I could control if I wanted, they recently added faction packs so when it kicks off people will probably add factions for anything they can think of. And they fixed the ship generation so the ai made ships actually look good
The game is becoming really good now

share user
thy cute

Attached: redacyted.jpg (961x1280, 278K)

Someone hasn't read the blog.

sadly not
at best you can increase amount of available officers both for you and/or for AI side

Attached: I am AI inspection.jpg (1920x1080, 244K)

>faction
Black Rock Drive Yards
>ship
The Nothing Personnel Capital

They have some dope as fuck themes too:
soundcloud.com/fastland/hubris-symptom-triumphant-theme?in=fastland/sets/blackrock-drive-yards

>starsector

Attached: 6546c5317f770725dacf6b5778ae78a66.jpg (225x225, 8K)

Experience, mostly
Each weapon has a predetermined role in its tooltip, so use that to guide you. The number one rule you should follow is that your weapon flux should never exceed your ship's vent at least not by a lot.

Forgot pic

Attached: Karkinos.png (601x491, 274K)

die AI whore

Attached: eat this redacted.webm (1920x1080, 2.95M)

I had so much fun naming everyone then giving a fitting name for their ships
And forming an all girls fleet

Attached: officers.png (451x1738, 895K)

experience
also know that there are different types of damage and single shot high damage weapons are better at penetrating armor

Attached: greatest ally.png (775x541, 182K)

A good rule of thumb is to fill most of your slots with ballistics to overload shields, and then a big "fuck you" high explosive to deal with armor.
The AI is pretty godly at flux management, so constant ballistic DPS is not very good, I found burst damage to be very effective, you could even disable a few weapons in order to lure the AI in, and then overload them.

user, are you mentally challenged by birth or by accident?

Attached: concern1.png (716x716, 230K)

Where do I upload them?

Pirates.
Whatever I can fit the most dakka on.

Attached: space pirates.jpg (1136x1514, 540K)

Combat readiness best skill
do you mod that increase choice of skills on level up from 2 to more?

Attached: 1570946161545.jpg (1510x814, 225K)

so i finaly have a good computer that can trully run this game

what are some good mods?

and i mean those 1000 missiles mods that completly change the game

>no update
aaaaaaa

Is there a way to get the pre-nerf mod? I also love their ships

anywhere
mediafare or whatever
just post link

Attached: Illpc.jpg (1000x1417, 281K)

>Oh no, OP cheat faction got balanced to fit into vanilla powerlevel oh nooooo

I don't remember what mods I used anymore
I modded the game last year and never touched the modlist again
mediafire.com/file/f3kf1jqejb89f0k/Another_Portrait_Pack.7z/file
It's basically one of the mods that adds more portraits but I edited it to include some 40k girls
I don't know how to make it so you can only have the 40k girls

HMI
pic related

Attached: Untitled.png (263x177, 88K)

Next ones v1 release so probably next January.

>I don't know how to make it so you can only have the 40k girls
I edited the degenerate portrait pack so it replaces all vanilla and mod portraits, quite crudely. First of all there is a .faction file the mod modifies in the mods\portraitmod\data\world folder.

You have to make on for each faction you want to replace. Inside is an import function for portraits one for male and one for female. You can add portraits and their folder inside here so they get loaded into the game for this faction. Most mods leave one of the two empty but that leads to missing/black portraits ingame. So add the portraits you want to both genders.

If the portraits have the same name as vanilla portraits you will replace them, if they have unique names they will be added along vanilla. You can either directly replace the vanilla portraits inside the normal graphics folder by modportraits or override them for each faction in the .faction file.

Those look a lot less gold than I remember.

Heh

Attached: fo life.png (751x300, 36K)

>TT Sabre
>Pulse Laser
>Expanded Magazine
Anyone else experienced this pure dream sports car bliss?

Attached: 1580909791819.jpg (720x691, 30K)

Damn, this looks actually pretty great. How close to a full game is it? Like Starsector or is it more like your typical early access (read: alpha) game?

Actually so much fun to fuck with pirates with this thing. Also,
>faction
Blackrock Drive Yards
>ship
Asura

The game is pretty complete at this point, it leaves early access like this month

It's not complete at all the mid to late game still needs another year or two of development.

They literally just added that two-three patches ago, the biggest problem with the game was the fact that people used to be able to get super weapons due to RNG drops being fucked, now that they nerfed that shit, it's actually a game now in addition to the new shit they added like encounters.

>Asura
Based, I got the Hullmod Expansion mod and made this nasty motherfucker.

Attached: screenshot025.png (1920x1080, 831K)

wait when was this? I just made a new game a week ago and the maelstrom is still probably the best ship in the game

Sounds a lot like Starsector lol. Guess I'll give it a pirate and see for myself

Is there a hard limit to how many ships you can have in your fleet?
If yes, does that mean you can't just swarm the enemy with smaller ships?

>TFW just got Timeless blueprint

Attached: fe7.gif (330x275, 2.02M)

its 25 by default i think, but you can literally just change a number in a file and have it be anything, I've even done 100 before

Doesn't matter when you're stylin on everyone.

>wait when was this?
They had several excellent destroyer and light cruiser setups around 3 years ago or so. I can't really comment on their large ships because I don't enjoy slow ships no matter how powerful they are.

>maelstrom
>slow
Now that you mention it I do recall this happening, pretty much stopped bringing the small ships with me

Attached: Maelstrom.png (213x526, 113K)

I believe 30's the default hard-cap.

There's also a combat soft-cap which is based on fleet size. The soft-cap gives a deployment advantage to the larger fleet.

Both can be edited in the games files.

There's something cathartic about having your giant, lowtech unshielded behemoths obliterating fleets from long range with railgun broadsides. That being said, the Butterfly destroyer is a very fun high-tech ship to pilot with ext mags on its revolver lasers.

>workshop ships allowing me to do stuff like have a Gundam fleet with mobile suit fighters that I could control if I wanted
WHAT

Okay thanks. Do you have anything to say about energy weps or should I just stick to cheap ballistics for now?

for me, it's the gryphon
special mentions to the tempest and odyssey
i was never specially invested with any of the factions, but probably hegemony since i tend to befriend them just from missions or the sindrian diktat only because their flag looks cool

Attached: GryphonShip.png (160x245, 62K)

Any mods add a decent low-tech missile boat that isn't capital sized?

It's not.

I don't really bother with them, beyond point defense duty, until I get something like a Paragon Blueprint and slap 4 Tachyon Lances on them, but by that point you've already won the game.
You could try to do a Safety Overriden Sunder with Autopulse if you're based, or a Plasma Canon if you're mega based.

Yuri Corp

Do you have the latest version before it got nuked from the forums?

>got nuked from the forums
How'd it get nuked? Was the author spamming cp/gore?

Mod community drama, Starsectors filled with it. If you have it can you please upload it?

I just recently deleted my mods folder because they might have been outdated.

I'm not at home right now, if the thread's still up in a couple of hours I'll post a link to it. I don't know if my current version is the latest one though.

I appreciate that, thanks.

Some drama with another modder.
I can upload my file when I get home later, I'm not sure what version I have though.