Attached: red.png (160x144, 3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UWwBDJmmMPQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>160
>x
>144

Everything else is fighting for 2nd place

Attached: final-fantasy-vii-real-cloud.png (633x446, 305K)

>total recall ending.jpg

It definitely surprised me a lot as a kid, because I was wondering what the fuck was actually in the cave to begin with and I had a lot of possibilities (Legendary I've never seen before?)

i like ff7 but the whole false memories thing was hard to believe
i know the game has a unrealistic fantasy setting but base things like psychology still should work like they do in real life and i dont think stuff like that happens irl

Surely, you posted that on accident and meant to post this instead?

Attached: TRUE KINO.jpg (800x427, 90K)

We don't know shit about the brain in real life

Attached: gaius_jump.webm (1280x720, 2.53M)

That is the size of the Gameboy Color screen. What is your point?

Totally not super small on a 1440p screen

enable auto stretch retard

Attached: Untitled.png (1600x1440, 1.27M)

I'm sure that won't look like shit, douchebag.

Its legacy lives on

Attached: Fast8_Vin_Diesel_The_Rock_Fight-1.jpg (1122x794, 77K)

Attached: Untitled.jpg (8000x7200, 3.02M)

>thats the size of the GBC/GBA screen
godness, was it always THAT small? i still have vivid memory about how big the sreen is

Not so state of the art then is it?

Attached: zrhzeaz.png (348x377, 199K)

soul
soulless

People delude themselves all the time in real life, especially under extenuating circumstances like what Cloud went through. Plus, it wasn't just a "mundane" trauma: Hojo experimented on him, and the Jenova Cells were messing with his head.

And like another poster said, we seriously know almost nothing about the mind.

The pixels were 0.5cm in radius, desu. The old gameboy carry bags were the size of modern carry on luggage bags.

is there anything with graphix as kino as Nocturne?

Attached: 1507012514641.jpg (640x480, 32K)

>false memories thing was hard to believe
not really you'd be amazed at what the human brain will do to cope with something traumatic

Is Red not wearing a shirt? Is the black with red outline supposed to be his mouth? I'm confused

My screen? I never said it was. You're going for biggest retard or something?

>red wasn't standing one tile to the right so you could be centered on the plateau and have both you and him in the middle of the pokeball during the battle transition
Peak garbage is what it is.

There are many games that look better than Nocturne but, very few games can match the cinematography that Nocturne had.

HGSS fixed it

But then you have to deal with gen 4's engine.

Wrong

Attached: images.jpg (324x156, 9K)

It's honestly not that bad of an engine, come on.

>

Why do zoomers always seethe about this and downplay how legendary this moment is?

Attached: 後藤Thinking.png (750x891, 555K)

I guess it doesn't have the same impact when you watched it online or used a guide rather than actually playing it blind

what was his problem

The moment was pretty good, but it would've been a lot better if Red had your hall of fame party from the previous game desu

It might be the resolution but the screen is bigger than that image.

glad i was able to experience it with my best friends when i was a kid, unlike zoomers

This. It was pretty neat when it happened during Twitch Plays Pokemon
youtube.com/watch?v=UWwBDJmmMPQ

i wouldn't dare try for your crown

Actually that's the peak of Silver.

How would they do it? The game saves to the cartridge, not the console

They wouldn't be able to, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't have made the fight more impactful

Phone emulation is based, fight me.

Attached: B8EB79FC-06DB-4550-AAAB-A8848A0C791A.png (828x1792, 768K)

yes it was

To them, this moment has always existed.
It wasn't amazing or unexpected to them like it was to us.
Just look at all the pokemon games nowadays. They exist PURELY on nostalgia and a lot of them let you refight old characters, including Red.

With a controller sure, but touch screen controls make anything besides pogeyman and RPGs in general unplayable
also
>playing vidya outdoors

Attached: 1486055074332.jpg (641x641, 178K)

>>playing vidya outdoors
there are more buildings in the world than the one you live in

>tfw finding Rayquaza just chilling at the top of Sky Pillar in Ruby/Sapphire in a time before mass walkthroughs and internet spoilers
this was fucking magical

Attached: 2bff11024aa816ad3cc67df42c8dfc25.png (861x601, 549K)

>but touch screen controls make anything besides pogeyman and RPGs in general unplayable

I thought this too but basic platformers I'm actually playing very well. Any mario game I can easily beat with the touch screen controls. Megaman/Metroid and shit or games where you need complex movement is where it gets difficult.

I despise how modern pokemon games just hand you legendaries, completely defeats all sense of accomplishment and wonder.

Phone emulation is the worst way to experience any game.

Attached: M2.jpg (1425x2449, 800K)

It's a trade off for sure, but having any game of my childhood at the palm of my hand in one device is god tier. Touch controls suck but I can deal with it.

The most memorable for me was finding Zapdos because, if my memory serves, he's tucked away in a place that almost seems like it HAS to be a deadend / unintended path in that factory.

Attached: 73522785676.jpg (248x233, 9K)

They are jealous they will never experience that level of kino. Its their own fault really they shoot themselves in the foot all the damn time. Ive avoided spoilers for a certain game I cant play because poorfag for going on a year now so fuck them.

Anyone else ITT had no idea who this was when they first played or was I just a dumbass
the overworld sprites are so fucking tiny and you only see him from the front in G/S, which you rarely did in the first games and even then he had a different hat design
and of course he's called Red which wasn't even in the list if you played Blue

You're also supposed to immediately recognize his team, which is pretty iconic.

>zoomer gets new game they've been waiting for
>immediately goes to youtube and watches all the content available
>spoilers in the titles
>come to 4channel.org to tell everyone how shit it is and that nothing was surprising because Markiplier had already played it for them

The second I saw the Pikachu at an absurd level, it made sense.

Pretty much yeah.

>Heard from friends at school that you could open up three secret caves to encounter three legendaries if you went to a certain place with a relicanth and wailord as your first and last party members
>Always thought they were bullshitting me because I could never get it to work on my game
>Turns out that in Pokemon Emerald the positions are switched: wailord is first and relicanth is last
>I was the only one of my friends with Emerald

Attached: 1582004040243.jpg (262x336, 18K)

I had all 3 gen 1 games, so I saw the intro often enough to recognize the sprite. What I didn't understand is why he was called Red.

>spoilers in the titles for a game that came out within the week
This is the real crime

Attached: 1457665810996.jpg (534x820, 141K)

Imagine FF7's legacy if youtube had existed then. We don't get moments like that anymore because of the ubiquity of the internet and spoilers.

>WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT AERIS' DEATH FF7 (SPOILERS)

They made Leaf an even stronger secret trainer in Polished Crystal

Indeed. Mew wasn't handed out or anything.

Red's back is turned you filthy zoomer

You had to literally go to an event that most people that played had no chances of going to. There wasn't a single event for states around me that held any of those Pokemon events.

based

And that stops it from being handed out how?

Handed out in the way that user meant was completely different than handed out at a Pokemon event. The new games just give you them without sense of discovery, often as part of the story. Getting Mew at an event is nothing like modern Pokemon. Why do I even explain things to low IQ people on 4channel?

It doesn't. Its an obstacle as I can attest, but there is no mystery. Even Deoxys had a guide on how to unlock him online. Fuck me I found the Regi's cypher by goddamn accident in game and I thought I had broken it somehow.

Oh no Lati@s was given to the player in one truly all legendaries share such fate.

>he new games just give you them without sense of discovery
The sense of discovery of finding a fire chicken in the clear open of an endgame obligatory dungeon(with 3 fucking floors)

Because Red is common nowadays.

>was hard to believe
Cloud was literally turned into vegetable-tier barely breathing corpse after Hojo's experiments.
That's why Zack had to carry him everywhere after their escape, and why the Shinra guards who finally caught them didn't even bother to put a bullet in Cloud's head.
If anything, the hard-to-believe thing is that Cloud ever recovered *any* memories, or even managed to walk and talk at all.

Wait what? Where?

I avoided spoilers for the Witcher series for years because I'm a poorfag. It paid off when I finally got to it

For the longest time I never realized he's supposed to be staring at mountains. Looks like a big rock wall.

I also found it pretty unconvincingly done. And didn't Tifa know Cloud before? What the fuck was her problem?

I mean I'm not saying it's a good thing but to be fair games can't keep secrets anymore. Especially ones as high profile as Pokémon. Everything will be datamined by some faggot before the game even comes out anyways. And that's entirely out of Gamefreak's hands. Basically now the only way of having surprises is revealing shit outside of the game.

How are those Sword and Shield copies you bought day one treating you, user? Proudly displayed on your ikea shelves?

I don't even have a Switch you fucking moron. And why would that game even be relevant in the discussion when the only legendaries you get in it you have to fight?

>touches it with his ankle
>teleport flips 180 to grab on
Surely thou doth jest.

And this is why you don't listen to "gamer" opinions on stories or narratives. Game stories suck absolute dick.

Pretty sure it's a mix of pity, willingness to play along with whatever her sorta-ex-childhood-crush is doing, and let's-not-mentally-break-the-guy-who-is-obviously-insane-but-kinda-stable-for-now.

It's in 3.0, you have to talk to Oak after beating Red iirc

Try actually reading the dialogue this time. Or actually playing the game.

oh okay thanks friend

Actually, it's the peak of Mt. Silver

>this time
You make it sound like I'm going to play it again all these years later.

You won't, but you'll still talk about it as if you actually know the story you dumbfuck

Actually it’s called the summit

Idiot

Pretty much the only sensible argument to be made for this, however I still think it's just on the player to not spoil themselves ultimately.

So asking a question about the story is acting like I know it, huh.

They are only spoilers if the game hasn't come out yet (leaks)

They no longer count as spoilers starting from the day the game is officially released

Only if you're retarded

You didn't ask a question dickhead. You bashed the story and claimed Tifa's actions weren't explained, except they were explained.

Good for you user. My fucking childhood series came to a head this year and I cant do shit so I just gotta keep on.

Better picture OP

Attached: 40FD244F-907F-411A-A93D-C35E0B06E291.png (1915x1200, 150K)

Gold and Silver were peak pokemon. Blew my mind as a kid when you think the game is over but then the region from Blue/Red opens up. And the final boss got my prepubescent cock erect.

>No emulator for Android is as polished as Delta

Fucking why.

You should probably relax, user, if "I also found it pretty unconvincingly done" gets you so angry already. You're gonna have a bad time when the game releases.

Worse yet I fell for the iphone meme and I can't get shit for emulators on my phone without jailbreaking. Currently waiting on a stupid workaround.

>Bilinear filter
You failed at life.

The peak of Mt. summit sounds stupid.

Shit picture because it misunderstands the scene, it's supposed to be a mountain top and not a cavern.

>th-that's just a change they made in HS/SS

"No!"

Even in the original, it was supposed to be a mountain top. The rugged slopes all around were supposed to be cliffs, even the ones behind Red.

>no import your own red character function
into the trash it goes.

fact: gen 2 at night is peak comfy, followed by gen 4 at night

Attached: gen2nighttime.png (160x144, 3K)

Attached: red.png (640x576, 9K)

The bright yellow lights in the houses in high contrast to the the rest of the dark blue and purple night palette, all while your character remains bright red without changing. It's all magic kino.

I want to switch from an iPhone to an Andrioid so I can use Foobar to remotely manage my music library, but I don't want to lose all of my rhythm game data

Fun fact: Red was sometimes referred to as Satoshi before Gold/Silver which is partly why the japanese name of the main character in the anime is Satoshi (Ash wasn't used)

Attached: f8015a3012c0c3e6c2903d8be977412c.jpg (1248x1920, 522K)

more like it doesnt have the same impact because you didn't get to experience it with your best buddies during school breaks while pokemania was peaking, like most late millennials did

Here's your gameboy character import code bro

Attached: 1580050620588.png (479x477, 38K)

Nocturne is atmospheric and all but as far as the human cast goes I empathized with the mudmen more than my shitty school friends or shotacon teacher. Replicating the feeling of a game CG shifting is gorgeous especially on PS2, but there weren't a lot of sets. Gorgeous game but the screen filter makes it hard to play in HD, too, and who the hell thought making your hp cover your health guage without listing your max hp had a brain the size of a galaxy. Same feature for mp.

Attached: 2-SMT002.jpg (600x450, 48K)

This moment COULD'VE been topped by Black 2 and White 2 if they hadn't scrapped the battle against the player characters from the original Black and White. Especially since B2W2 allowed you to connect your save data from BW to keep consistencies between your playthrough (such as Cheren's team post game) This could've allowed Hilbert/Hilda to use the Pokemon you yourself used when you played BW making it have even more impact than Red

That seems really masturbatory when you put it like that. I thought the anime writers just threw him a bone.

Ive never seen total recall, what’s the ending?

Gary's Japanese name is Shigeru which comes from Shigeru Miyamoto who Satoshi Tajiri viewed as a rival.

I still haven't played BW2, i really liked BW1 but just never got to it, is it worth it or nah? Especially considering from Gen 6 and on I've been sick of Pokemon

This dude’s videos are the most hilarious shit I’ve seen in a while. Burners, this and not so fast especially are absolute kino.

Yeah too bad a kid was too dumb to understand how shit it was. And even as a kid i was asking myself why is Mt Moon shit now why is Cinnabar shit now

The last time I fought him in HeartGold, I gave my Meganium a Sp.Atk.Up and he killed Pikachu with Leaf Storm by tanking Iron Tail and scoring a crit. Almost 20 levels lower. And then I used Mewtwo to stall his Blastoise out until the thing struggled to death. It was epic.