Why was early 90s 3D so comfy?

Why was early 90s 3D so comfy?

Attached: doom-2-classic-landscape.jpg (1280x720, 333K)

That isn't 3d though it was comfy.

Attached: sshock.jpg (1920x1080, 390K)

>There isn't a full blown RPG a-la Skyrim made with the Build Engine

This is the most surprising thing to me.

it is 3D, just that it uses 2D sprites.

how is this any better than that meme picture with those duke octopussies and the bitch?

Daggerfall was first developed with the reycast engine

Daggerfall is 100x bigger than Skyrim.

Attached: JTHRnyb.jpg (892x823, 170K)

The environment is 3D but the gameplay isn't. I wouldn't say id made anything truly 3D until Quake.

>3D
>posts 2.5D

Attached: unreal2.jpg (1680x1050, 428K)

I'm quite certain that SS was true 3d, I can't see the VR parts being anything but.

>100
Your character can walk across skyrim, solitude to that other dumb city with the thieve's guild in about an in-game day.
Walking across daggerfall takes six in-game months.

you can turn anything you want from the ui and osd
it can become minimalist.

the game's window screen can be small so the game can run fast on computers with a weak cpu

btw it's what the person playing sees, he's a hacker with a military terminator-vision implant and a computer lodged in his brain

like, no one plays in windowed mode

Attached: 1560854135723.png (1920x1080, 263K)

I've never played an Elder Scrolls, is Daggerfall a good place to start or should I just go straight to Skyrim?

The environment LITERALLY is not 3D in doom. It's clever 2D.

Start with Morowind. Skyrim is too casual, but Daggerfall is too extreme for a newbie. Can do nothing wrong with Morrowind. Then Oblivion, then Skyrim.

I heard the battle system in Morrowind is absolute gank, is it true?

I liked the KotOR battle system.

100% gameplay focused and made by small tight nit teams that loved videogames and have a vision.
Same reason why the best modern games are almost all "indie" like Risk of Rain 2.

Zoomers hate it because it looks like an action game but it's not. If you didn't throw a fit about not hitting literally every attack at level 1 in KOTOR you'll be fine.

If Doom wasn't 3D, then why could you walk underneath projectiles?

TES depends on what you want.
Daggerfall for the fun jank and very intricate mazes, Morrowind for the comfy lands, oblivion for magic abuse and actually good hand to hand, skyrim for more well fleshed story and endless sidequests.

Everything is 2D on your monitor. Checkmate atheists

Straight to Skyrim. The earlier games aged liked milk

>Skyrim
>Fleshed out story and side quests
Ok zoomer

Daggerfall will kick your ass if you aren't familiar with how its mechanics works.
But it is huge(and mostly empty) and the character creator is pretty good. You can custom tailor all sorts of things.

Attached: 9776381108114423808_20190929201610_1.png (1920x1080, 2.48M)

Attached: 1546215594144.jpg (1280x720, 124K)

Gaming wasn't an "industry" yet. More like passion projects where devs can bring a vision to life.

I want to get into a fight about why Brutal Doom isn't shit.

Why dont you just talk about why you like it first? Then I'll tell you your wrong for enjoying things I don't personally enjoy myself.

It wasn't comfy. Only Build engine and Doom games look good.

It makes the enemies more dynamic and difficult to fight?

Nothing about that was comfy. I was gaming in the 80's and besides a few RPGs and the rather recent forced political bullshit, games have become better and more "comfy" each and every year.

The difference between now and then isn't that we had so much good games back then. It's the opposite. Back then, there were 1-3 good games, and then 50 complete fucking trash. Now we're suffering from an inflation because there's so many "good" games. So instead, the only thing that will stand up now is fucking epic and excellent. And they, understandably, can come only so often.

its fine

Morrowind has a lot of text but it's just text.

The Doom engine literally lacks a z vector.

Someone walked across Daggerfall for a YT video and it took 69 hours.

Attached: Unreal f.jpg (2016x1512, 1.14M)