Is it the best game of all time and the only example of vidya as an art form?

Is it the best game of all time and the only example of vidya as an art form?

Attached: Shadow of the Colossus.jpg (640x905, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jQNeYbBiCKw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Jet Set Radio Future is better

Probably

It lacks cringe which is a rare phenomenon among videogames let alone japanese ones. Its truly a work of art

it's shit

ur taste is shit dude

No and no

Ico is better.

Attached: hey kid.webm (960x540, 1.63M)

It is truly the first real walking simulator. Wanted to replay it after watching youtube.com/watch?v=jQNeYbBiCKw

I'm bored already with second colossus. The camera control is pain in the ass too. PS4...

Should i download this game? it's "free" on ps+ but im not sure if it's worth my time.

Ico is good too but shadow of the colossus nails the tone and has the scale. As a plus its something that can only really work as a videogame: a movie would need to replace only wander with a small group of characters to have some kind of interaction and development and alter the whole structure and a book would lack the visual and musical impact the game has.

Art isn't even real. A painting is a painting and that's all the justification it needs.

Every videogame is art. It might be B-tier action movie art, but it is art. If you feel something, or at least are supposed to feel something, it is art. And there are more high art games, Pathologic or DS to name few.

The remake was pretty shit but why the fuck are you paying Sony if you don't even get the """free""" games they give out?

Ico is better and yes they're both art games. All games are art in their own ways though, it's only when they're really good that we consider them art however.

Attached: athletic.webm (960x540, 2.84M)

Postal 2 is the most artistic game there is and you can't change my mind

We have reached a point were walking simulator just means "you have to walk trough an empty space for more than 30 seconds"

The fights were actual puzzles ypu have to figure out and the jpurney to each colossus brings and atmosphere unlike any other game to date

Not only that but it did it in the ps2 era where open worlds werent the norm

This is sadly true. I wish the more simple times would still be here.

ICO is good you really straight forward, a puzzle game but with waifu. SotC is a puzzle game that hide itself as an action game, which took me by surprise. Instead of killing giant monster with crazy combos and ninja moves, you figure how to get to the weak point and stab them. So far no puzzle game use ever this gimmick since SotC.

I want a waifu...

Get a load of this action.

Attached: leave my gf alone tyrone reeee.webm (960x540, 2.22M)

overrated garbage
weeb garbage because no one fucking cares about this shit

Attached: sotc.webm (960x540, 2.73M)

>why the fuck are you paying Sony
To be able to play some games online, mostly fighting games, that's it. It's a scam but i don't make the rules and i don't like nintendo or xbox much. Also, the games that they give for free are usually shit, like that sonic game thats now, and sims 4 the past month. I did enjoy the bioshock collection a lot though. I guess i must have missed some good offers, i have ps+ since june of last year and there has barely been any good games for free so far.

The shadow thing only there to give a sense of threat to the girl and for you to protect, killing them doesn't really achieve anything.The main thing in ICO is to figure out how to get from point A to point B

So what I'm trying to say is that action and puzzle element in ICO is seperate, but in SotC, the action is the puzzle

Attached: we be ballin.webm (960x540, 1.03M)

shut up you fat fuck

Attached: fat_tripfag.jpg (477x569, 184K)

yeah but Ico is still better

Attached: cutscene.webm (960x540, 2.89M)

Haven't really played much of Ico, but from what i can tell, both games offer the same top-tier visuals, music and atmosphere. But SotC has the added bonus of great gameplay and therefore feels more like a "true" game to me, whereas Ico felt more like an artsy puzzle walking simulator. Not saying that's a bad thing though, i just prefer games with more action in the gameplay.

>SotC
>Action
Oh boy, if you think SotC as an action game, then you're gonna be disappointed.

Well i've already played SotC shitloads of times and have platinumed the PS3 version. It's Ico that i haven't completed yet.

Its a puzzle game with waifu, calling it a walking simulator is really being disigenuos because its not just endless hallways, each level are carefully crafted in service for the puzzles

no and who cares

no, bloodborne is the best game of all time, and may soon be dethroned by elden ring. but for the time being, the vote is practically unanimous for this game.

Attached: Bloodborne_Cover_Wallpaper.jpg (220x264, 15K)

This is a vidya discussion board you skullfucked braindead retard

Yeah walking simulator may not have been the right words for it, i just meant that Ico felt more like a true puzzle game, whereas SotC felt more like an action game with puzzle elements.

I know. I answered both questions. First answer was 'no' and the second answer was 'who cares'. With your level of reading comprehension i doubt you're old enough to actually be here, retard

Theres a full collage of the tripfag that says something like “merry christmas tv”