Play FFXIV

>play FFXIV
>no one ever talks to me let alone tries to be friends with me
Why did you guys lie to me you said I'd make friends and get a GF by playing an MMO

Attached: 1501740174019.png (274x282, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eQS8raVl-CI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

why would anyone want to talk to you?

:(

What server?

Do different servers have more or fewer friendly players? I played on Midgardsormr and in like 500 hours not once did someone ever initiate conversation with me.

Light

I've literally made friends and gotten a huge titty gf from ffxiv, you're just afk waiting for them to come to you.

I remember playing TF2 ad having a boat load of people add me. Most of the friends on my list I made from that game. Moved to everwatch, made like 10-20 friends there too. One or two people even tried to add me in siege. I normally try to work as a team with randoms, and every time it works they seem to add me. Only problem is I tend to rarely play with said people since I like to wander solo. Any way, team games seem more likely to yeld friend requests than MMOs, but then again, I NEVER touch MMOs, so I wouldn't know how much you can help random people you meet in them. I only played that one star wars MMO once and only for a few hours. I did help a random guy with some mobs when he was getting low and he did a thanks gesture, so that was nice, just try and be nice to people while expecting nothign in return, if you like doing that I mean, wouldn't recommend you force your self to do it if that's not how you wanna live your life, but I'd imagine it would help you make some friends. Even got added by like 8 girls playing overwatch and tf2, not that I'd ever expect that to lead to anything, long distance relationships sound, pretty meh, tried once, didn't feel possible, she still talks to me every now and then.

Attached: 1563146641169.gif (245x182, 498K)

agreed, team games like team fortress 2 or left 4 dead are great ways to make friends imo

FFXIV isn't an MMO, dumbass

In real MMOs interacting with the wider community is most of the game.

Attached: Defender ceremony.png (825x725, 390K)

Yea, left 4 dead as well, lots of ways to work as a team and save people. Giving pills, healing them when you're on low health too, coming back to pick them up. Team games are great.

Is it? Thought it was guild stuff and forming parties more than that, tho I did hear about this one guy casting a buff on random people he'd meet while traveling as a priest in WoW, that sounded nice. Still probably wouldn't bother, not a fan of the monthly pay system, prefer buying it and then not having to worry about paying again.

The only MMO where I ever made friends was FFXI because you literally couldn't do anything without a party. There also was no duty finder so you had to actually ask people to join you. Starting out as a level 10 in the dunes where you'd meet a group of strangers and grind exp with them, all the way to level 75 you'd occasionally run into those people again, group up again, get stronger together and get to know each other better. It was a game where your name was everything because people would remember you if you were good at your job and invite you again. I have so many fond memories of FFXI and all the people I met there.

Modern MMOs like XIV are shit exactly because they spoonfeed you everything you need, eliminating the need for any social interaction. Might as well play an offline RPG.

Attached: water121006-boat2.jpg (250x188, 10K)

>tfw haven't made a single friend in more than a decade
>tfw just lost a bunch of old friends
I dunno why but it seems impossible to find new friends for me these days. Everyone's either really closed off and responds with as few words as possible or acts like a retarded clown and uses hundreds of emojis. It was much simpler in 00s.

It's pretty depressing that your only exposure to the idea that real MMOs might exist is rumours of player buffing strangers. Crying out loud. It's like people can't even imagine the games that are out there.

Losers. I bet you also think getting a gf is hard

Same shit happened to me but with black desert online
>Play it expecting friends to join with me because it was free on steam.
>Nobody joins the game and I'm playing it alone.
>Nobody talks to me in game and I'm too shy to talk to anyone.

Attached: moefuyu.png (400x288, 62K)

I've done everything and still nobody talks to me or invites me to shit

Attached: 20200303_133250.jpg (556x128, 47K)

YOU have to talk to people idiot

>Light
that place is full of angry krouts who are shit at the game, don't expect to make any friends there

I feel you... I have a few guildies/past guildies that sometimes talk to me directly but it feels weird. I wish I had someone I genuinely played with every day, or at least chatted with them.
Linkshells are decent but not quite the same

I wanna befriend a sad user over FFXIV and slowly help them regain confidence and become brighter and more outgoing, so ultimately they become social and forget about me altogether.
It's a fun thing to do, I think I'm on my 8th or so user right now.
Why does everyone discard me like used goods after they've gotten all they wanted from me? We don't have to stay BFFs but at least check on my every now and then, or invite me to dungeons/raids...

Attached: 20238978_p0_square1200.jpg (540x540, 45K)

hey idiot you can message them too instead of waiting for them

I suggest you kill yourself and go back to /vg/ you mentally ill freak

>play FFXIV
>someone approaches me and actually wants to talk
>they said their friend is the one who pointed me out because my character is cute
>they bring me to their friend and we all start having a pretty nice chat, learn that I have a lot in common with the first guy
>suddenly in the middle of it all their friend starts ERP molesting me in tell chat
>try to play it off like I'm not interested but they just keep doing it, all while maintaining a straight-faced conversation in say chat
>don't want to ruin the friendly mood so I stop resisting and play along
>they keep detailing how they're secretly groping and playing with me in front of everyone
>eventually say I have to go to bed and leave
>they're still on my friends list but I'm too afraid to engage in conversation again whenever I see them online

I guess this is what I get for making a cute character

Attached: 1582700123889.png (564x542, 108K)

Then join a good FC and make an effort to talk with people yourself as well

Based zeta poster.
You must become alpha and INITIATE CONVOS. how are people supposed to know you wanna talk?

>tfw I still talk to my bro I met 14 years ago on FFXI
>tfw I met my wife on FFXI and we're still married to this day
Nothing will ever compare.

>play on primal
>most people I interact with through pf are dicks
>can't find a static or fc to join

any anons on primal want to game? im in the process of leveling mch currently.

The virgin's guide to dating on FF14:

>find cute avatar
>say hi to her and tell her she has a nice glam
>she'll say thanks
>ask her if you can help with anything or if she wants to hang out
>do smalltalk and casually ask if she is a chick in real life too
>ask her if she needs help with a duty or something
>bring up the topic of online relationships
>see how she reacts

It's not difficult. You just gotta actually talk to them. Don't sit around for 500 hours waiting for someone to chat you up.

Zoomies and casuals will never understand that bonds are formed through shared adversity. MMOs are supposed to be a social genre, and that doesn't just mean having a chatbox.

>Newest tier of Qitari beast tribe quests involve a disease spreading and wiping out the camp

No N ONON ONO ONON ONONON OONONOO IT'S IN MY VIDYA NOW

Attached: 1582845386005.jpg (1024x1024, 58K)

This was written months before corona virus

THEY KNEW

lmao even i get approached by people and asked to be their friend and asked for guilds. anyway stop beeing an attention seeking bitch and actually try to interact with people yourself. cheer on people who make music for example

Crystal Data Center ----> Duty Finder ----> Duty Roulette ----> Alliance Raids

here ya go fag
youtube.com/watch?v=eQS8raVl-CI

WIIIIIIIITNEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS
UUUUUUULLLLLTTTTTIIIIMMMMAAAAAAAAA
DARKNESS COME
REND THE SHIELD OF LIGHT
DESTRUCTION
DILATION
UUUUUULLLLLTTTTIIIIIMMMMMAAAAAAA

Attached: 1563096191308.png (836x419, 731K)

damn she's really cute, not in the I want to fuck her way but I wish she was my daughter

What the hell is wrong with you?

don't even bother. people here complain about having nobody to play with constantly, but soon as someone offers they go silent.

Sure. How can I add you?

you bloody faggot

Agree to meet somewhere ingame

My paternal instincts kicked in a few years ago and they don't really go away

Why is this gay cat so popular?

Attached: 5j79g5tfank41.jpg (2480x3508, 732K)

Time to die.

eh in like 20-30 years maybe

add me on discord if you'd like, ill be on in a few hours to spam pod until i want to kms

straid#3852

Well, if you are the same user im on lamia and at gridania

SAY NO!
NO MEANS NO!

he made me sandwiches, that's why

Attached: 1563521435391.jpg (753x1200, 175K)

Blacku Rosu....

Try saying something. How the fuck can we tell that you want e-friends?

>I wish she was my daughter
user... Think about it logically.

Attached: 1545621722949.jpg (600x681, 74K)

Alright guys, Yea Forums meetup in Gridania on Lamia

>it doesn't show the last panel where the WoL throws it in the trash because the inventory clutter

Would you force her to give you head if she was your daughter?

G'raha, I already told you that I don't like tomatoes.

Why don't you talk to people? No one's gonna make the effort if you don't.

shy, what if I try to chat one up and she rejects me and tells people I'm a creep?

>make cool friends
>talk and hang out for a few weeks
>they never come online again

Attached: tenor.gif (400x320, 1.44M)

Uruka was a mistake

Attached: 1568629626359.png (300x350, 184K)

They're spying on you using alts

your tag doesn't work

Just be yourself dude!

Attached: AFB98837-14D1-446B-960B-C344B12BB66F.jpg (705x1360, 300K)

I got your add

>Been trying to find FC/static since 4.0 since old ones broke up for [various non-drama reasons]
>Any FC I've tried is terrible
>Either cult-like "you must attend FC events"
>or Disney channel-esque restrictions on chat
>or just totally silent, both chat and discord.
>Still trying to re-find that camaraderie now.

I feel like the phrase "Better to have loved and lost than never loved at all" applies to more than just romantic relationships.

It would be cool if I didn't have a brain that made me scared of interacting with people I don't know, I've forced myself in the past and made great friends that I still talk to but the fear only gets stronger

Attached: 1558946352123.png (239x200, 17K)

>ever throwing gifted items in quests to the trash
>not keeping them in your apartment/house/inventory forever

what dc bro, i'm cool
im on everyday
i play a cute male popoto

>gets on Yea Forums
>posts anime girl photo
>unironically tries to get gf by playing an mmo
>it doesn’t work
You are a creep, user

I'm not playing MMORPGs to make friends.

Why do you want an mmo girlfriend so bad? Just chat to people and play the game together, approach it organically. Can't force a relationship, even if its just a video game one. What server do you play on?

>wtf I can’t spam FC chat with niggerfaggot this is an outrage!

I hate it when people try to talk to me in ffxiv. I'm trying to get shit done

You did look away, right?

Attached: 1583190507087.png (364x639, 135K)