What is the best looking mech ever made and why is it the White Glint?

What is the best looking mech ever made and why is it the White Glint?

Attached: d7ffea5f22f53da034b628b5b029afd5.jpg (4288x2848, 1.77M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s6inZzkZmiI
youtube.com/watch?v=LVv3xkjWXag
youtube.com/watch?v=9rhpcn63a7A
youtube.com/watch?v=nqJSf4t8JkY
youtube.com/watch?v=AaF3hWan4AM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Whoever the designer for Xenoblade X was, those mechs looked really fucking good.
Regardless what you may think of the game, those were some good mechs.

sage

>Armored Core
>not Yea Forums relevant
Are you retarder, underage or both at the same time?

Attached: 334375.jpg (5031x3142, 1.09M)

Ultra based, no design comes close to it

I didn't much care for them statically but I always appreciate carefully planned out transformations that actually work without cheating.

Attached: 1448669899827.webm (458x480, 183K)

Go fuck yourself stupid retard

Well, OP is right for once, thread's over time to go home folks

Attached: 12446765245196.gif (403x302, 2.98M)

that isn’t the aaliyah

Attached: C10FAD3D-54BA-42EE-AE04-4E7441D28F3D.jpg (500x500, 41K)

That looks like a Mecha user, not a Mech

Attached: thumb-1920-79418.jpg (1920x1080, 558K)

I like it, but White Glint's aesthetic just appeals to me more.

Attached: j9qYmeo.jpg (1469x2213, 1.05M)

What's the difference?

I don't really like mechs with too much shit hanging off the back. Looks too cluttered.

Attached: 94dc68aefa87259e00dcbcf43df30e3c.jpg (1920x1080, 1.48M)

Mecha: gay japanese crap for incels and children
Mech: patrician western art for men of taste and culture
Knowing the difference could save your life!

>Raven we need you to slaughter those fucking ORCA kikes who control the world with their iron grip on finances
How did Miyazaki get away with it

This should set you straight.

Attached: mech vs mecha.jpg (1440x800, 417K)

God I love this image

Attached: 1539557412621.jpg (2048x1949, 1.37M)

Here's your western mech, bro.

Attached: knigga.png (433x622, 636K)

The chad slow walk vs the virgin air boost

>That image
Basically the mech version of this image. What the actual fuck were they even thinking with the designs in chronicles?

Attached: 1459106725473.jpg (1100x1464, 627K)

You got stuff like MechWarrior, which is the most recognizable western IP with mechs. These mechs tend to be lumbersome, slower and don't get as far from reality as mecha do. Mecha tend to be big robot suits for people to ride in. They can vary from somewhat realistic stuff to balls to the walls out of there. I like both.

Attached: BY8evLL.jpg (4008x5344, 1.65M)

Hail to the king, baby.

Attached: impact.jpg (1436x905, 98K)

Mecha vs Mech is literally a non-argument, they mean the same thing
Besides that idiot is guaranteed to not have even seen any mecha anime, so he has no idea what he's talking about

>A literal walking gothic cathedral
This gives me a boner

Attached: Binary_Succession_Titan.jpg (1324x1000, 289K)

RAD is the greatest shit. Too bad no one has tried anything similar since then.

Can someone help me out on the rest of the mechs on the right, I only really recognize a Metal Gear and a Zaku (?)

GOD
I WANT TO PILOT SINANJU SO BAD
WHY CAN'T I HAVE A STEEL COFFIN TO PILOT IKTO GLORIOUS BATTLE AND DIE IN FLAMES

I have my hopes for Platinum's next game.
youtube.com/watch?v=s6inZzkZmiI

Scopedog from VOTOMS
Someones custom from Chromehounds
Sunshine I think from AC 4
Top left is Front Mission I think

Idk what that is but I'd fuck it

>platinum maintains its luster forever
Is that true?

The mech design in Chronicles isn't really about mechs in a traditional sense so it's kinda OK.
Basically it's supposed to be retarded.

Frost from Front MIssion
Scopedog from Votoms
Chromehounds
Metal Gear D
Armored Core V

Close.
Scopedog. Front Mission and Chromehounds is correct, but that's a ACV/D design since it has dual guna in the back like that. Also how do you not know the OG Metal Gear?

Not to mention the traditional mech design went into the the armor designs.

I only played MGS 1 and 2 and barely remember them

God I wish it would go for the slow and mechanical approach, but the whole gigantic hero thing has never really been that slow.

While you're not wrong, there's two things I've got to say. First, the designs. Most of the classic MechWarrior designs were licensed japanese anime designs. You probably knew that already, but bears mentioning anyway.

Second, lore-wise, MechWarrior's battlemechs are anything but slow and lumbersome. They're originally described as running and leaping with animalistic movements, ducking and weaving, pulling moves that put pro gymnasts to shame. Lorewise it's the synthetic muscles and neural helmets doing their thing to make the 'mechs agile as all hell. Tabletop Battletech also had the Land-Air Mechs - macross/robotech inspired units that were zipping around the battlefield at mach 3.
The whole "MechWarrior is slow" thing started with video games - as beloved and a good game MechWarrior 2 is, it's really not lore accurate.

So, any chance for DxM sequel?

Attached: 1167450_screenshots_20200224193727_1 (2).jpg (1680x1050, 312K)

I'd say pretty likely. What else would the AC dudes do now unless From goes to beg them back.

I hope they made enough shekels off the additional Steam release to come up with an improved second game, because it was seriously lacking in some areas. I don't want to go into the whole mech stats autism territory because that is a completely different can of worms but they really need to work on their gameplay feel. Hit confirmation is practicaly nonexistent and it doesn't feel good when you shoot shit down. For fuck's sake, they somehow managed to make missile hail type attacks feel boring.

RICHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD

Well it is an Armored Core game so that shouldn't surprise you. AC has never been well known for it's meaty feel.

Mecha is just short for mechanical. If it's mostly metal and has moving parts, it's a mecha. Ships are mecha. Planes are mecha. Robots are mecha. Toasters are mecha.

"Mech" refers to a tiny subset of slow mostly bipedal robots. This set has some common traits, like being piloted, having stubby arms that end in guns instead of hands, having wide hips, legs having reverse joints, and usually lacking a head. But the only truly defining feature is whether a shitposting autist happens to like it.

DXM is nothing like AC, we went over this MR Dev

you may not like it but all of Weltalls forms are peak performance

I liked the aesthetics of the Knightmare Frames

Attached: 21E47235-477B-44C9-A025-05F2C8FE476D.jpg (1024x576, 46K)

Wings on mechs were are and will always be gay

For me, it's the OG.

Attached: 1r555q3o1_400.jpg (400x468, 87K)

I have no idea who MR Dev is. DXM is made by all the important people who worked on AC games in the past, and it definitely feels like a mix of VD and 4/FA. Not saying it isn't fresh enough to be it's own thing, the boos modules and gigantic bossfights make it different enough, but saying it's nothing like AC is just pants on head retarded.

There is none

Bottom-right: Starter AC from Armored Core: Verdict Day
Top-left: Looks like a Front Mission mech.
Top-right: Looks like a Chrome Hounds mech.

Looks like Ultraman.

I know what it's like in the books and in-universe fluff, but yeah, I was talking about the video games.

Mr Dev for the last time your game is shit

Do gundamfags REALLY think it was the first mecha anime?

Crossplay when?

who's mr dev?

I hope so. The game has a lot of potential, and a lot of unfinished stuff. It felt like the consortiums were supposed to be actually something you had to do actual jobs for, in order to earn access to their tech and mission table, but instead it's just messages you get throughout the story. Same goes for all those Arsenal warbands.

Attached: 1167450_20200227161743_1.png (1920x1080, 1.79M)

I love how a metal gear is on the western side.

>Do gundamfags REALLY think it was the first mecha anime?
Ohoho dis gon be good. Please, entertain me. How is Gundam not the first real robot mecha anime?

It's not just Metal Gear

Disregard him, he's a retarded schizo who jerks off to his imaginary "rival".

First establish what "real robot" means

It's the original military mook design and also the most soulful mecha of all time. Cope harder, nigger.

C'mon the whole pic is irony, half the >western designs are by japan. Whilst fucking Turn-A on eastern side except that's the one gundam literally designed by the west.

If you don't even know what the term means, anything you have to say on the matter is worthless.

The term was invented by marketers, and you've yet to explain what it means
Because anything you say that gundam invented was done better and before it
You retards haven't even seen stuff like Gaiking

...half? You sure you don't need glasses, user?

>marketers
Yeah, you don't know anything. I'm out.

>ackshually
Lmao, fuck off, nerd.

Attached: 490801e3d3795bc75f4d34838773c7f8.jpg (1259x900, 176K)

What the fuck is wrong with Yea Forums? They don't know anything and when you try to educate them they just seethe

I wouldn't say "most". There were quite a few, but them having that licensing kerfufle didn't affect the game that much, because most of the designs actually weren't based on anime designs. And then they added tons more over the years, none of which were based on anime because of the fear of lawsuit.

Go nagai created the genre.
Gundam started in 1979
Mazinger was 1972
Grendizer was 75
Steel Jeeg was 75

But even he was inspired by Tetsujin 28-go which was 1956

>m-my obscure 70s anime is better than gundam in every way, why can't these gundamfags see how superior my taste is as I condescendingly shit on them? :(
Pathetic showing, user.

Attached: b5eacc821cc13be3bd625a35778f5495.jpg (1036x1500, 252K)

Mazinger was the first with the pilot inside the robot, wasn't it? Either way, Mazinger fucking rules.

If you're talking mecha in general, you'd be on the mark, user. But the fantastic elements found in 28-go, Go Nagai's works and so forth aren't the same as the more grounded designs centered on in Mobile Suit Gundam. There's a reason you see that v-fin everywhere nowadays. Mazinger Z was the birth of the piloted super robot genre, Combattler (I think) was the first combining robot, and Gundam is the pioneer of science-based real robots.

>Gundam is the pioneer of science-based real robots.
Not really. It pioneered millitary-based aestethic for the genre.

>gundamfags being the retards they are think their show was the first "real robot" show
>I explain a show like Gaiking did everything gundam did earlier and better
>this makes the gundamfag seethe

Attached: efuNNCD.jpg (1424x2144, 940K)

Yeah, I guess using the term "science-based" is kinda off the mark since Mazinger was supposed to be "science" as well. But real robots aren't necessarily military-based too, I think.

>Gaiking
>real robot

Attached: 1582709086470.png (630x604, 293K)

The kikes where the League, most notably Omer. ORCA were just a falseflag operation to make the League look better that ended up getting out of hand.

You're the only one seething here. No one cares about Gayking, no one even mentioned anything about gundam being first at anything before you started sperging out.

Attached: DkmF29oV4AYf-ur.jpg (895x1200, 331K)

>calling gundam the OG

I called Zaku an OG and I immediately clarified what I meant:

Not the user you were originally arguing with but take the redpill and realize super robot and real robot are just marketing gimmicks. Even the OG mecha, Mazinger Z, required constant maintenance, a dedicated support team and regular technological upgrades to keep up with its enemies. Then you have Gundams that can time travel, Valkyries that can glass a planet solo and Aura Battlers that get stronger because their pilot screams loud enough. The real distinction should be the genre of the meedia itself, like how Gundam is a war drama, IGPX is sports and Patlabor is SoL/police comedy.

Not that user, but Gaiking is literally labeled as "super robot" if you look it up. It's not the marketers that decided that, it's the creators themselves.

Reminder Raijin-Oh is the most realistic and gritty mecha show of all time

tanks

That's not how you spell Zambot-3.

Attached: ok.png (823x572, 189K)

Thought that was Gaogaigar.

Can they into space?

Attached: guntank-1073271-1280x0.jpg (1280x704, 77K)

bump ;)

Based RAD gif poster.

AC Weapon arms got me fuckin wet for that
youtube.com/watch?v=LVv3xkjWXag
youtube.com/watch?v=9rhpcn63a7A

From was really bold to get Sam Raimi to write the script

>marathon baldios in a few days
>get depressed

That's not quite right, since you can also say those Gundams also needed upgrades, maintenance, etc... Also, I honestly don't know if I've ever seen anyone consider Dunbine to be real robot, of all things.

Watch Xabungle or King Gainer to fix that.

Mechs are ugly as fuck walking trashcans that occasionally get caught plagiarizing superior Japanese designs and get sued in court.

Are there any good mecha games for Xbox one? It’s the only console I have right now

Attached: 2E501CB9-0E3A-4BA6-B519-30C707185874.jpg (1062x1080, 143K)

VOTOMS is the best because you can tell who's actually seen it and who just saw scopedog and think it's gritty

>What is the 08th MS Team?

Original boxed set was like 90% licensed designs. Later stuff's all original, yeah, and the whole unseen fiasco didn't end up being that big a deal like you say. You're right on those two counts. It's just the origins you're fuzzy on.

That's kind of my point user. Mecha are just part of a show which is its own genre, super and real are just shorthand terms that hold no real meaning.

Fukuishit is non canon though.

for me it's the nu gundam

A war drama/romeo and juliet IN NAM that then pulls out a machine that can level mountains powered by three Dom generators.

I really wish you were right, user, I really do. I was just using that as an example of a "real" series pulling out absolute fantastical nonsense.

>xbox one
>games

Yeah I'm thinking Ganbaruger is based

>people always say VOTOMS is great because it's realistic and gritty
>literally has one of the first invincible main characters in mecha, and they even acknowledge that

Attached: 1582855307092.png (496x662, 521K)

Super and Real are mostly a gameplay distinction for Super Robot Wars, and mean "tanky" and "dodgy". Using them in any other context is a bit silly.

Attached: 3512ff95094412182cb71e2216d08751.jpg (5146x2895, 2.26M)

Fuck Off!

Ex-S is still the most complicated non-cheating transformation to date.

Attached: Ex-S.gif (220x220, 501K)

>not Ginguiser

Unlike some of the other examples of invincible protags at least Chirico can still lose, he'll just live to fight another day. Still, VOTOMs has literal space god fucking with things so you're right that it's not actually gritty.

S looks better. More is not always better.

It's not that Chirico's invincible, it's just that he has the devil's luck.

Hopefully. If they'd tried just a bit harder with story missions it'd have been pretty good. I didn't mind looting parts at first but the sheer amount you won't see if you stick to single player is pretty lame

Attached: ER8T0gfUYAI-De3.png (856x895, 276K)

LET'S
V
TOGETHER

>transformation puts highly flammable fuel tanks on the very front

Attached: 1540197163003.png (1200x1080, 1.02M)

The difference was the robot isn't the invincible hero in that one, it's just Chirico. He trashes his AT in nearly every other episode. In other mecha shows the Hero bot never gets trashed until the mid season upgrade replaces it.

Propellant, not fuel. These things run on fusion engines, no fuel needed. Propellant doesn't need to be reactive. Still a bit silly to put tanks forward though.

I mean since we're on Yea Forums I'm not going to fault that opinion: but saying that's all the distinction is? That's stupid because it was a genre description that predates those games.

Though in fairness the division of the robots between the two between acting as "Superhero" and "Soldier" gets plenty blurry since plenty of franchises, and not the least of which is Gundam has made a habit of mixing the two.

Real robot was literally invented by Bandai to sell gunpla

user, the supercomputer literally made him invincible through probability bullshit. He's a "Survivor".

Wiseman's the Devil and the probability manipulation is the luck.

I'd like to take this moment to shill Dancougar and its unique take on mid season upgrades. For starters the titular hero bot doesn't even show up until halfway through the season, and later when the upgrade's supposed to happen it's botched and the upgrade's permanently lost.

>made him unkillable
It's an important distinction. You wouldn't call Patrick Colasour invincible, would you?

In Unicorn the main villain tricks MC into believing he got him by destroying his own tanks, which causes a massive explosion though.

The orange tips are I-Field generators!

>literally the only mecha show to take place in Australia

>colasour
>coming up with names after drinking leftover coke

How's emulation for Armored Core? I don't have a Sony console.

I was Mr Dev two threads ago, another user got the label after that. He keeps creating this boogieman anytime someone says something positive about DxM.

Pretty sure that's just decompression throwing propellant around at high speeds, making it look like an explosion. Overpressured tanks uncontrollably emptying themselves is some shit. Doesn't need to be actually explosive to be dangerous.

For me, it's the Battletech Timberwolf.

Attached: timbadoge.jpg (1920x1200, 278K)

1-Silent Line is great
Nexus and beyond you're better off playing it on a real console

To be fair he shares a show with the legendary Bring Stabity.

Shit taste, bring a real Battlemech next time, not a gay oversized ED-209.

Attached: 3050_Annihlator.jpg.png (583x888, 70K)

>user, the supercomputer literally made him invincible
Exactly, Chirico gets BTFO numerous times during both the series and the movies, hence the survivor title and not the invincible title.
Chirico gets his ass kicked a lot, thing is, he's LUCKY enough to not kick the bucket like everyone else, and that luck comes through probability bullshit.

Attached: Chirico after a long day on 4chan.jpg (720x480, 68K)

Can't think of a better distinction between the two. Military vs civilian robots doesn't work, because Dancougar. Literal magic being included doesn't work, because Dunbine's somehow a real (also whatever bullshit Unicorn was). Tone doesn't work, because there's some dark shit on both sides, too many to list here. Space-based vs ground-based doesn't work either, see Gunbuster and Ideon. Flying vs walking doesn't work, Gundam alone breaks that.

Then there's shit like King Gainer where I honestly have no clue which it's supposed to be.

If you can come up with a clear definition, I'm all ears.

>Bring Stabity
what

sed hep i hvn a stoke

I'm kinda torn on mecha designs, you can't say there are 'practical' designs, but in-universe i'd say if a mech is mass produced it should look like something from VOTOMS. Either that or these super slick designs in pic related cause they're usually weapons of mass destruction which would make sense they represent gods/symbols aesthetically
God i want ZoE3

Attached: dde5acee1b1ed62bf91d58824ef1e269.jpg (1280x1775, 221K)

Adjust your aesthetic directives, citizen.
You have thirty seconds to comply.
ED 209 is my second favourite mech of all time.

Attached: ed209.jpg (800x432, 68K)

More like "white guilt"

Attached: 1582947651105.gif (450x450, 3.99M)

What the fuck is the point of that weapon in the first video? You hit once, and then it... reloads, what, exactly?

>ZoE3
You mean the GBA game, Fist of Mars?

FOM has bargain bin Jehuty knock offs as OFs.

>when you load up on so many lasers you can barely fit enough heat sinks to keep your self from shutting down
>but you can now one shot the legs off of all but the heaviest of mechs and Thor for max salvage

I was surprised that it took two shots to take out the legs of Thors, but I suppose that's to be expected for a mech that skips arm day.

Attached: 1521980925956.jpg (1024x768, 90K)

That's why I like Mecha fantasy, that way you can have your cool designs and not agonize over the impracticality of them.

Attached: 1558521934031.jpg (400x271, 45K)

I really like how the Muv-luv mechs are just legged jet fighters

Attached: Raptor dancing on the salty fields.jpg (1440x1009, 237K)

Based

>mecha fantasy
Besides Rayearth, Dunbine and Escaflowne what is there?

There is a guy in the show 00 Gundam named Bring Stabity.

What was this one show called where everyone who rides mechas is basically a magician who can manipulate the material they are made of, while MC is some fag who found an old ass "real" mech? Can't remember, fuck.

METAL FATIGUE BROS WW@

Archive 110763..

Attached: Metal-Fatigue-768x355.jpg (768x355, 43K)

All of them since mechs aren't real.
Watch GunXSword.

Welcome to Gundam names

Panzer World Galient.

This sounds wild

Break Blade

Broken Blade

FSS

Right... I'm saying it's harder to label an expectation or tone for a series. Since supers fight reals on the regular. I'm not the one advocating against the dichotomy. I'm the one saying that it's not correct to label it just a gameplay term. Which if I need to spell it out myself I think the for a Real Robot generally is how it answers the questions "Can it break without blowing up?" and "Can it run out of ammo (or power, or fuel, or coolant etc)? and taking a pulse from there since that'd be dabbled in any series.

Most of the OFs there were pretty nice, actually. Testament and Iblis were Idolo-based frames and pretty good looking, while Orcrist and Durandal II were decent side character units.

Nerokerubina and Vajra, not so much.

Attached: [AuraRoad] Galient - Crest of Iron.webm (640x480, 2.91M)

You guys know if the manga is the same quality? I really liked the movies

Looks great but that attack animation is way too long.

Still waiting for a sequel.

Masoukishin, if you ignore the TV series.

Knights & Magic, an isekai where a programmer / plamo nerd who got truck'd makes anti-monster centaur mechs. It's worse than it sounds.

Acrobunch might sort of count. It's more of an alternate Earth than a fantasy word, but it's pretty weird.

What about Granzort?
youtube.com/watch?v=nqJSf4t8JkY

Attached: Madoo Granzort Box Front.jpg (1128x990, 147K)

it's turn based

Don't worry you can only use it when you have maximum tension.

God damn it, Nappa

Never had the chance to read the manga, but apparently the storyline is different from the movies in some places.

Does Guyver count?
Also requesting if some kind user has that picture of what the suit does to the host like reducing the size of other organs etc

Attached: seaway-liu-gg01.jpg (1066x1920, 469K)

freebirth scum

Attached: ps1_vanguard_bandits_p_cgdmx8.jpg (704x682, 185K)

That's no Zaku, boy

The Game is shit though.

Attached: external-content.duckduckgo.com.png (250x288, 355K)

>Combattler (I think) was the first combining robot
Getter is older

Getter was the first combining robot

This was a good thread. You're all good people.

Bro I'm seething. I can't handle the fact that Gundam completely overshadowed your "first" show into obscurity

NO ZAKU

Chonkyfire is up there for me. Other favorites of mine have been posted already but I'd say scorch is still high up on the list.

Attached: Scorch_1.jpg (960x1080, 445K)

it's pretty good imo, but the chapters come out reeeeeeally slow

Because when you a want a robot literally powered by death, you want it designed by Kazuma Kaneko

Attached: 340[1].jpg (340x439, 33K)

Yeah, the bottom are both better

based

Attached: 1573920808862.png (292x581, 208K)

Posting bait won't save the thread.

These days the truth is Yea Forums's most efficient bait.

ADIEU
D
I
E
U

Anyone find Daemon X Machina a bit boring?

HARDBALLER

Attached: 1488255651062.jpg (1920x2617, 392K)

I want to play Lost Planet 2, but fuck paying 15 euros after so many years it's been released.

Attached: 8dacaaee8ea167535196c457a9ae0b0e.jpg (2907x2880, 397K)

Guys i have a question. I really like mecha and i tried playing Daemon X Machina and... Well, i liked it, but gameplay wasnt really good. Guns felt weak, melee weapons had like 1-2 chain attacks, which isnt really cool, imo.
Do armored core games have better gameplay? Because they look really cool.

Fight against Malos in Torna was kino.
youtube.com/watch?v=AaF3hWan4AM

Too bad they don't let you pilot the mechs in blade or blade 2.

>not based armament titan of many bullets and smart cores
Spicyboi is the second best titan though.

I have that kit. I really should do some weathering on it.

Y'all are gonna call me a normalfag for this but I really like the aesthetics of the Gundam Barbatos

Attached: barbatos MG.jpg (720x540, 53K)

Aside from the hip that plagues all IBO designs, Barbatos looks pretty good. Obviously it's no Vidar that's one of the top 5 sexiest Gundams, but pretty good nonetheless.

I'll always have a soft spot for Gusion Rebake and Kimaris