World of Horror

Behold my legion. Saying I follow the old ones on endless mode was a mistake

Attached: genki girl and her army.png (1327x702, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9yJwOSop0hI
youtube.com/watch?v=6TflsmmXPnQ
youtube.com/watch?v=fAuoTOW-9UA
mega.nz/#!8YhmQCrD!0KIjUfVcQOX67-WONM5vVe3UKC3MObh6J5bYVGF12wU
gofile.io/?c=JABFEz
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>New update
Any new cases?

Don't think so, but he added SOMETHING TRULY EVIL

youtube.com/watch?v=9yJwOSop0hI
>who would win
>something truly evil
>or some highschooler with eldritch flames

>Get exact 5% doom to hit 100% as soon as I hit endless 50
>Not even an actual reward for getting it

Well, at least it wasn't hard. I chugged two energy drinks, got a steak knife and ended up with invisibility.

>beat 99STA monster
>nothing special happens when beating it
The EXP is nice but nothing really unique?

Attached: thomas.jpg (511x353, 15K)

Is it just me or is clapping and bowing totally fucked? I was fighting a burning ghost and did it in seemingly every order and I never got more than 4 right but there's no goddamn way I didn't repeat it with the 5th being clap or bow. The enemy literally doesn't fucking attack so I had all the time in the universe

can someone share the latest DRM-free build of the game?

Attached: Mark-Lester-as-Oliver-Twi-007.jpg (460x276, 24K)

Infinite mode should have Remina slowly approaching the planet

It wouldn't be endless then.

Well some sort of timed survival mode.

Can we talk about the semantics of the title 'Something truly evil'? Evil is evil. What truly entails here? What did he meant by that? Let's think this one out.

It's pretty much a timed game over - notice that you can't beat it without a lot of SAN and REA in the video.

It's not just evil, it's truly evil. In contrast to falsely evil, which I assume is where all scooby doo villains fall under.

What's the point of Endless Mode? Might try it later after I'm back from a surgery

This. I got her picture in the mail on the first fucking investigation and then never saw it again. You'll probably die from something else before it.

Achievements for getting to 30/40/50 turns, not much else at the moment.

So what does everyone feel is best monster girl?

Attached: ghost475.png (210x210, 33K)

So if a bunch of kids can beat those monsters what's stopping a chad from beating the shit out of them. I can imagine an entire classroom could gank on scissor lady and beat the shit out of her.

This please based paypigs

Attached: TYBSM.webm (430x600, 1.6M)

The entire world has no clue what's going on - only the protagonist really knows. So if the military or something found out cults would be fucked but obviously no one believes in monsters.

Not that easy, if she's beaten without properly summoning her, then that doesn't necessarily mean her reign of terror is ended or that she's 'defeated'

Cool, will do it.

Now that you mention if you beat her without doing the proper ritual you take her scissors and it seems like it's possessing you or something. Maybe the real enemy are the scissors.

>$15 fucking dollars for a tiny EA horror-adventure game

Are the devs literal Jews?

Attached: KikeKids.jpg (612x587, 68K)

>for a price of two cinema tickets I got 10+ hours with a promise of at least 10 more and modding tools
FUCKING JEWS

If they are, they suck at it.

>like one fast food meal
>OMG 15$ FOR REALZ?THIS SHOULD BE FREE
its fun dude there unlocks and its replayable for a bit which is why were all here

Just buy it you tard

What a fucking disappointment. Just a normal encounter.

NOOOOOOO COMRADE HOW COULD YOU CHARGE ME FOR YOUR WORK

I think it was better as an unfinished event desu

Same

Scissor lady was just one of the teachers who got possessed by a cursed pair of scissors that some eldritch uses to wreak small chaos with.
>Events being changed to show her
>Your chibi becomes her when it's too late
>Boss tier monster that's pretty much a game over if you arn't prepared or have some broken setup.
Brutal, wont mean much for us, but this is going to spook newplayers hard

Its possible. Objects being haunted and taking possession over people is nothing too out there.

The evil thing should fuck up with your interface and change your computer's wallpaper.

Personally, I would have had it change the ending if you got the counter too high.

Everything starts out normal for a second, then the glitches, the top halves of everyones heads are all now in shadow, and the victory text has changed to [SOMETHING TRULY EVIL HAS FOUND YOU]

The game really needs some despair and fear. So far it's just a roguelike with Junji ito graphics. It needs something else.

That's why you have the yakuza man, savior of Earth.

The bitch who wants to cut off your face is the worst encounter, holy shit. Aka Manto took off his fucking face so he wouldn't have to deal with this.

Attached: Boodonkulous.png (598x357, 196K)

Man I love this game but the evil thing being just another encounter is such a big letdown.

Most of the other shit in the game is just acting on instinct or has gone insane.

Its pretty much implied that you become the scissor lady and you leave people with a nice smile on there face when you kill them.

>imagine being poor
lmfao

Attached: 51156329_561143764399861_644300813010731008_n.jpg (475x441, 54K)

>what's stopping a chad from beating the shit out of them
A nicotine addiction

He's a polack so he probably came straight outta the ghetto

And lack of hand to hand combat in the game.

It's cool that he has a CQC perk and all but I'm still baffled how he doesn't have anything related to kicks, it seems like an absolute no brainer.

What the fuck is this game? keep seeing it on Yea Forums and looks interesting, quick rundown?

GOG version when?

He should get a bicycle as a weapon too.

Basically a CYOA adventure roguelite game with some RPG mechanics and aesthetics ripped straight outta Ito's mangas.

choke on twigs, Oliver!

It doesn't check the order, just how many are right.

>bicycle item
>goes in slot B/C
>costs 5-10 funds, reduces DOOM generated by investigations (reason behind that is that you can get there faster)
>with an additional in-combat action for Haru
Come on pantsman, implement it already.

Single player arkham horror set in japan with a macintosh skin. Solve misteries before the doom clock reaches 100, while managing health, sanity, and build your character well enough to beat up monsters.

ah yes, a very good start to the run

Attached: dwaaaaaaa.jpg (479x219, 33K)

Sounds fucking cool, where do I get it?

any pirate shit or it is worth it to pay for it bros

>knock her face off
>goes from dealing 2 to 4 fucking damage per turn

Attached: 1580682298555.jpg (1280x720, 316K)

I pirate most of my vidya but IMO this game is worth the purchase. Feels like an actual passion project and looks like it'll get quite a lot of continued support.

at least you don't have the suicidal status yet

So is there any depth to the combat mechanics other than spamming accuracy + strong attack?

On one hand, it's an EA game that costs €12.5 and doesn't have more than 10-20 hours of content at the moment so it does feel a bit like a scam.
On the other hand, there are weekly updates, mod support (however rudimentary, for now) is happening in a week or two and you're basically supporting the local economy since it's a solo project by some /agdg/ fag.

Really, it's your choice, though I don't think anyone uploaded the current version anywhere.

AAAAAAAH THIS PAINTING IS UNFINISHED

IM GOING INSANEEE

I'm going to trace Nanase so hard when (if) we get the option to add new enemies holy shit

if you love H.P. Lovecraft, Junji Ito, 80s/90s anime and pc-98 visual novels, you will fucking love this.
it's roughtly 10 hours long and highly replayable, so $15 is a fucking steal.
especially if you consider that it was made by a single dude over a couple of years in a commieblock one room flat, where the heater breaks down each winter and the water pipes burst open due to freezing.
this is one of those gems that come out once every couple years and out of nowhere.
you don't expect them, you don't anticipate them and suddenly they are here and it's such a pleasant surprise.

Attached: 1212061714430.jpg (523x491, 96K)

I really wish he could get something like a "thickheaded punk" perk that gave a 50/50 shot at passing checks that would otherwise cost him reason. Like he sees the non-euclidian shit and goes "fuggetaboutit".
Speaking of, anyone know how how much a stat counts for roll checks? If I have 10 knowledge, do I automatically pass all knowledge checks if there's no negative modifiers?

>€12.5
>10-20 hours of content
>feels like a sacm

I've read a lot of retarded and ludicrous shit over the years on this site and yours is definitely way up there, like in the top 10 of stupid. congratulations.

>measuring the validity of a game's price in gameplay hours and not the quality alone
ngmi

1€ per 10 hours is baseline pricing, mate.

That's only if you care enough about the achievements to get through all of them though. Realistically, you'll see all the cases and most of the events at the 5-6 hours mark. I got something like 92% of all achievements and haven't played more than 12 hours.

save your pirating for soulless AAA trash instead. This game has too much SOUL that I want to support it to see it sprout to its full potential

Any seeds that make it easier to encounter something truly evil?

I appreciate the only real way to beat it is by throwing Entropy itself at it, but it just shows they need to nerf Ithotu Flame AND make Something Truly Evil cooler than a combat encounter.
's idea is pretty solid.

Just inspect the apartment area a lot until you meet Junji Ito

posting content that was relevant in a previous thread but timed out

Attached: world of horror 1 fund to fuck off.png (576x432, 117K)

I've played plenty of games that i can easily hit 100 hours of for that price.

What's that guy doing so far from an elevator anyway?

Good job.

I did that but I still only got up to 3? and didn't encounter it.

Does taking the Eldritch statue home do anything?

buy it if you can, it's pretty great

You are quite literally not meant to win. People only beat it via ludicrous exploits.

that is not an argument, you simpleton. the reverse would be.

ayoneelse got no music during battles?

SOMETHING EVIL encounter is getting reworked

Attached: 0000.png (776x343, 35K)

Neat, is that mega the latest version?

nah, its 0.9.10s one

Casting 13 flames doesn't require any exploits.

Checks are made by rolling a number from 1 to 12 and some of them have modifiers so no a 10 doesn't guarantee a success.

Yeah but it being a normal encounter is lame

>immediately fixes anything that makes combat not as boring as it is
>but doesn't bother fixing all the refund reason/stamina perks
YOU HAVE ONE JOB KURWA
ONE FUCKING JOB

Am I losing something important by playing that version instead of the new ones?

a couple of bugfixes and a SOMETHING EVIL spookie encounter

>something evil encounter
>un-nerfed hammer
>ghosts can still be hit
Honestly the first one is not major but I feel like the other changes make a huge difference in how you approach the game. For the first time since release I actually ran from an enemy. Which is actually more important than it sounds since there's a god that prevents you from running, who was also one of the easiest ones to finish with before since combat was pretty braindead.

How is this dev so quick on the draw?

any way to turn off tutorials?

Attached: 1571985821401.gif (150x160, 21K)

Shit that sounds important, damn dont want to pay 15 euros for a 10 hours game, dont know what to do

It really isn't though. That video doesn't do a good job of showing it, but all your combat abilities (save throwing and casting spells) are utterly disabled. Your only options are SUFFER FOR ME (-2 STA), CRY FOR ME (-2 REASON), BLEED FOR ME (lowers your stamina to 3), and finally DIE FOR ME (Just instantly die).

The whole point of the encounter and how you get the achievement is to simply survive long enough until it's stated and fucks off.

wait a day or two until a new version gets leaked/cracked.

Because he cares about the game?

$15 is a fair price to me. I've done a few runs per day since it came out and I still haven't finished everything. The game's style is pretty unique for a indie game.

I wonder how far the mod tools will go. I can see people belting out some spooky shit. I want more moments like the body moving and fucking it up so you can't complete the ritual in the vigil mystery. Something truly evil is a good start, but it needs to be way more than a single fight

I wish the game fucked with you more during 'safe' moments. Like what if you get jumped while taking a bath or when you go home to rest? Somebody posted in one of the previous threads about how doing something in the window next to the computer you're playing the game in would be cool.

Where the fuck are the update changelogs?

Discord

Twitter
I really don't get why the motherfucker won't just either directly add them to the game (you're posting with the game font already you sone of a whore, just do it in-game already) or on Steam if anything else fails.

Dev said he's adding a pierogi eldritch god

He just has to wait one day and let anons find exploits. Look how quickly everyone wanted to murder SOMETHING EVIL

>why the motherfucker won't just either directly add them to the game

Attached: wdfdg.png (1333x709, 71K)

If you beat the game, you assert dominance over meme space gods by using it as a paperweight.

Well that's nice, it would probably help if it was labeled as such instead of being a version number with some unreadable text beneath it.

Protagonist/player character privilege.

Will scenario mode be like random mysteries like in a ship etc?

Going by the description, I'm hoping for one shot stories that flesh out the characters and setting, probably with one or two unique mysteries of their own.

That would be great. Hope modding is good enough to make new mysteries and not just events.

Imagine turning this game into a medieval dungeon crawler or a NTR VN.

How Can NTR Be Real If Waifus Arent Real

This should be the case unless he's super misleading about the whole thing. The event editor is already a separate thing from mod support and the basic UI was already accessible before he updated a day or two ago.

Attached: brain damage.png (373x370, 68K)

I hope if someone does a complete overhaul mod (i.e. changing it to a medieval dungeon crawler, like you said) they still include Something Truly Evil for shits and giggles.

The mystery will be about an old man who wants to fuck your gf. Depending on your actions and luck it'll have a good end or a bad end.

the dev said he wanted to do a prequel scenario for found footage mystery

new patch released

Attached: unknown.png (738x392, 33K)

And the money guy.

>It's the "Occult Signs is fucking stupid" episode
>It's every episode
Occult signs can apparently trigger EXP gain from spells that have Once Per Mystery tacked onto them. For example, if you try to use Third Eye a second time in a mystery, no reason will be used but Occult Signs will still trigger off of it giving you actual infinite source of EXP.

Attached: 1582608458451.png (350x350, 315K)

Delicious.

>15 bucks is a lot of money for an early access game that already has a decent amount of content and obvious space to make more that will only increase replayability.
For how much this place hates jews, you sure act like it sometimes.

Attached: 1563689412507.gif (240x236, 620K)

Thanks for the tip, time to make my next run absolutely stupid before it gets fixed. I hope it doesn't get nerfed beyond that because it's one of the only really worthwhile perks right now.

It has already been nerfed at some point, it used to always give 10 EXP for casting a spell, now it's random from 5 to 8.

Risk of Rain 2 is worth more for the same price than this game but WoH has lots of potential. Needs way more investigation types and events. like hundreds more, and limit them to where they should appear. its retarded where some events trigger, like suddenly getting shot at by the fireball witch on the street while exploring the mansion.

>Casting 13 flames doesn't require any exploits.
Whilst it doesn't in the technical sense, unless you have *incredibly* low DOOM, you'll die almost immediately after.

how does everybody just ignore doom? i always lose to doom, and everybody here just spams Spells that causes doom to rise

It's a combination of smart spell use and knowing where are the events that can get rid off Doom.
Alternatively, there are actual ingame exploits which let you delete all doom with a right spell combination.

That's "only" a 26 doom increase, I've ended many runs under 50 doom, it's not the end of the world.

As I said: it's only viable if you have incredibly low DOOM to start with, or you have other factors to mitigate it. And RNG can decide to fuck you at any time too.

yeah but ror1 was shit for the longest time

>incredibly low
No.

Yes. Now die for me.

>Alternatively, there are actual ingame exploits which let you delete all doom with a right spell combination.
pls share

Torrent?

Mod tools when? SMT Alice would make a pretty good encounter.

Attached: SMTII_Alice.png (1280x2076, 2.72M)

That would actually be pretty based

Playing this for the second time ever... why the hell don't you die when you run out of stamina? I'm literally softlocked because I'm fighting Bloodsucker with the spider god

Mod tools are promised in the next patch, but they will be limited to creating event cards first

Attached: fuan_baby.png (350x237, 65K)

>fast food meal
>15 dollars
are you by chance retarded or was this a poor attempt at memeing

Can someone spoonfeed me some tips so I can stop losing 3 or 4 missions into the lighthouse

Attached: feelslimpman.png (102x163, 33K)

gazellegames

This motherfucker makes me laugh every time

Attached: CAN YOU SMELL.jpg (633x235, 38K)

rest up before going in (unless you have really high doom)

can you smell?

IS COOKING

Attached: WHAT THE ROCK.jpg (470x706, 88K)

ELELELEL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING?

yeah... real nice fucking game you got here

Attached: horror.jpg (1440x810, 427K)

How would you implement Die for Me!?

You die during the next action on the "overworld" map that you take. It's basically a buffer to give you the option to heal if you have the means.

i havent even made it to the lighthouse user

Attached: 1482391552356.jpg (647x594, 71K)

bloodsucker hisses

Don't keep going to the stores and doing nothing
Recruit students from the school at the start of your run
Buy a weapon like the Carpenter's hammer at the start of the run (until it gets nerfed to uselessness)
Rest only when you're down to 3 or so STA or REA and no more than up to 9 STA/REA
Titty Idol is OP

>1440 HP
E-excuse me?

I hope you have some Toughness Emperor

Appreciate it, I cant rest multiple times in one apartment visit right? Just one bath each time?

Attached: 1482424609931.png (480x480, 265K)

Use the tiger drop.

Oof. Okay, do you die to the enemies or does the doom meter reach 100?

Attached: umjrhhht66i41.jpg (579x768, 53K)

Modding in music should also doable.
youtube.com/watch?v=6TflsmmXPnQ
youtube.com/watch?v=fAuoTOW-9UA

If only there were like one, two or even three places you could report bugs where the developer could see it.

Attached: umapoka thinking.png (768x576, 878K)

Shut up sissy slut

Is this game actually in Early access and I'll have to buy it again, or is it the Fortnite version of early access?

Actually in early access, it's missing tons of content. Free updates though

What? You won't need to buy the game again, no.

i have no idea what you meant by this post to be honest with you

>tfw compass,holy candle day one

Attached: 1575761795367.png (242x372, 218K)

>Recruit students from the school at the start of your run
>Buy a weapon like the Carpenter's hammer at the start of the run
That's old-school advice here, the students suck now unless you're the idol, and for a dex build you should buy the Knife at the dog's shop.

Does the gamepass version get the updates as fast as the steam one?

>but they will be limited to creating event cards first
Ah yes, time for the Troubling Test of Tortured Testicles and the Foul Festival of Fetishistic Fervor

There is no shame in playing on the easier difficulties until you get the hang of the game, do it.
If you run out of stamina or reason, rest at your home. If you're injured, go see a doctor. Try not to reroll shop inventories and perks constantly. Basically don't spam shit that increases DOOM.

What makes the idol so OP? i always lose with her

How do you attain HEAVEN in this game?

Enemies only, never had an issue with Doom. I take a lot of damage and reason loss.

>What makes the idol so OP?
She has a perk that reduces combat action time, scaling with the number of followers you have. You already get one for free and it's very, very easy to recruit 5 additional followers from the school. So basically now she's now a waifu version of Kenshiro while she was the actual Kenshiro a while ago, she dodged so hard she even reversed time in combat.

>it's very, very easy to recruit 5 additional followers from the school
Students won't follow you anymore if you already have three allies.

The event will be a chain that is activated if you randomly encounter and defeat "The Red Count" and "The Black Baron", who try to turn you into "her plaything".

After defeating them, you can potentially get an event where a little girl tugs on your sleeve and asks you to "Die for me", starting the battle. In battle, she can randomly cast Die For Me! which has a % chance of instantly killing you but can be guaranteed blocked by sacrificing one of your allies. Losing to her gets a unique CG and ending where you become one of her zombie playmates forever. Defeating her will teach you the Die For Me! spell that will instagib any random encounter except bosses like Scissor Lady, Aka Manto or Takashi, for a high doom cost (~8%, doesn't stack with Eyeball's penalty)

There is apparently a delay imposed by MS's submission process. It's only like a couple days behind though so it's pretty close.

>the students suck now unless you're the idol
students nerfed?

Half of the time they'll have a negative impact on a stat instead of positive now, or be useless to recruit at the start like this one that restores 1 STA and REA when joining so unless you have enough charisma/experience to recruit them all and then make your pick it's a gamble.

I guess what I'm asking is if I buy it now, will I ultimately get the full game? (assuming the developer finishes the game)
I think I confused early access with alpha releases so that's on me.

I've never known an early release or alpha release game to not include the full game

Yes

Coercing them into joining worked pretty fine for me though I really have no idea about the mechanics used to calculate the value.

is there a torrent for the new version yet?

yes, right here
turns out the true horror is not being able to spend 15 dollars in a videogame

Give ma a working link to a cracked (read: includes a steamapi.dll) version and I'll get you a working one in an hour or so.

Thanks for clarifying, the demo sold me but I just wanted to be sure that I'll get the full game when it's finished before I bought it.

I think the higher your total stats the better for coercing, but I was talking about the regular way of recruiting, used to be that with the idol you just visited the school first thing and you'd get 5 walking bonus stats following you willingly, can't do that anymore.

It's not good to be out and not have any funds, user. Perhaps you need some help with that.

Reminder that the dude who made this game is from /agdg/ hence shit like and the minor references in phrasing.
As someone who pirates everything - support your autistic site devs

Eh, who cares, let them pirate it. I did the same and bought the game after two or three hours. If they don't want to pay for it chances are they wouldn't anyway.

Of course and I pirated for the first couple of hours too but it's refreshing to see something not garbage come out of that general. As long as he keeps up the pace (which it seems he definitely will) then this deserves the price of admission

the drm free version I have doesn't even have that file but here are the two old links if they're still up

drm-free mega.nz/#!8YhmQCrD!0KIjUfVcQOX67-WONM5vVe3UKC3MObh6J5bYVGF12wU

drm
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:894F30C193407C0CB07007E3AA13E326B5D9927B&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fbt4.t-ru.org%2Fann%3Fmagnet&dn=%5B%D0%92%20%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B7%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B1%D0%BE%D1%82%D0%BA%D0%B5%5D%20WORLD%20OF%20HORROR%20%5BP%5D%20%5BENG%20%2F%20ENG%5D%20(2020)%20(0.9)%20%5BPortable%5D

>keep getting rekt with the yakuza
>try the witch girl
>start out with invisibility and healing
>telescope old god
>invisibility bugs out or something so it lasts the entire game on one cast
>run from everything, study spells at library then forget them for reason
>punk true form Aka Manto with skin rot spell
>win game with 90% doom
Too OP
What's the best weapon for the yakuza anyway? I bought a shovel for him, but it was slow as fuck.

Please be from the dev

Attached: 1568324262354.png (846x715, 955K)

>97% doom afterwards
Welp

I usually base value off hourly wage. I get paid 35 an hour. If I get half an hour of fun it is worth it.

Is this an RPG? Adventure game? CYOA? A mix of those? Or something else

Attached: 1568646035763.png (354x314, 213K)

Yes

>1€ per 10 hours is baseline pricing
lol what? Do you only play long ass RPGs or sandbox games?

Attached: 1560248939793.png (499x338, 38K)

IT'S COMING

Attached: ESR2gpnXcAUkcZ1.jpg (982x580, 126K)

All characters used now and I'm still seeing new shit. Good stuff

Attached: woo lad.jpg (994x529, 87K)

I usually get the bat from the school mistery and use it untill I get to 10 STR, at that point I switch to shovel since it's fast enough to brace+attack or just double attack for 12 damage.
Buy the shovel asap since there are a couple of events that use it as long as you have it in the invenctory.

How do I open the seventh character?

Here you go nigger, it should be working
gofile.io/?c=JABFEz
Password is something related to spirals, full lowercase. You should know it.

you need something sharp

Ah, i too like shounen shit.

I don't actually

have illegal den location unlocked
kill qt rioter in the city for prescription
bring it to pharmacy for a drug (need 4 funds)
take drug to illegal den

look at this happy motherfucker

Attached: plus1reason.png (316x280, 3K)

Believe it

You're my man, user

Attached: e19cb676967d6b13d2566cedacb84d53.jpg (300x261, 22K)

Nippon name of "Spirals" by Ito