Villain is evil... because he is evil

Villain is evil... because he is evil

Attached: Masayoshi_Shidou.png (360x450, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s8g0MwOWaKE
youtube.com/watch?v=-Dk1OhiKWFA
twitter.com/iiotenki/status/901377001713418241
4gamer.net/games/367/G036702/20170810127/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>evil
He's not evil, he's just greedy and selfish, not unlike a lot of real people.

>villain is bald
Ok

>CUNNYSONA 5

Attached: wojack2012.png (205x246, 6K)

you mean like (((them)))?

He was literally "fuck Abe and fuck japanese people" the boss
I don't understand why people praise this anti-nationalist game

Being greedy and selfish isn't what makes him evil. He's evil because of the things he does, which are motivated by his greed and selfishness.

cunny is based

coincidence?

Attached: wawa.jpg (184x184, 7K)

That's surprisingly true in real life as well

Attached: Donny.jpg (948x536, 42K)

That's a very broad definition of evil you have.
I only consider truly evil those people whose cruelty is the very objective of their actions in the first place.

4 more years

of Israel worship

Persona is a milfchad series

Attached: 2425509-dis4.jpg (1280x720, 173K)

Broad perhaps but one I personally subscribe to. The instant you justify someone's means due to their ends you open up a box that can't ever be closed.

Evil actions and evil intent are both bad.

Rebooblican

>He's not evil, he just uses assassins and creates a massive conspiracy to secure power by any means necessary, not unlike a lot of real people.

Attached: 1524333578177.png (500x421, 220K)

Nah he's evil because he went out of his way to ruin the MC's life

Literally everything else he did was standard politics. Hell if you didn't convince his protege to confess he was the one giving his political moves more power with strategically placed heart attacks and comas he would have just been a stand-in for the Japanese nationalist party

If they just said "nationalism bad" everyone would just be confused so they also made him a dick to drive home their propaganda

>grannies
>chad
Kek

Pedos have small dicks

cunny is THE soi repellent, what are you smoking

Attached: 1517768269647_0.jpg (2508x3541, 527K)

What about it?

He wasn't evil he was corrupted by Gnostic Evil God

Attached: shadow shido.jpg (1280x720, 141K)

Are there any cunnychad villains?

Are... you offended?

Attached: 1582774036897.jpg (509x498, 99K)

Epstein

He's evil because he's a selfish dick who was corrupt as fuck.
Also the whole thing about some god fucking with people's mind to prove a point.

>villain is evil because the world has wronged him

Attached: 1583222632386.jpg (435x808, 43K)

Oh God I love being evil. It's the best.

Based and redpilled.

Persona 5s main antagonists are all really shit. Shido is the most nothing JRPG antagonist. Akechi is my least favourite villain in a JRPG. The writers were such hacks they resorted to fucking daddy issues and friendship jealousy, and this character is popular because persona 5 fans are retarded and will meme forced quirks like pancakes.

Who's this little fella and why do I keep seeing him posted here?

Akechi is popular because he is handsome. Akechi would be drowning in fangirls if he was an attractive anime boy.

>Propaganda
How is it propaganda when it admits it's a self-defeating rebellion if society doesn't want to change and own up to responsibility?

>Villain is evil because he is an asshole

Attached: BachelorProfile.png (512x578, 384K)

Do you mean Adachi would be drowning in fangirls?
Fujos are subhumans who will fall for any sociopath who is femmine enough so you're probably right.

Fuck, I meant Adachi the second time.

Are you fucking kidding? Adachi is already drowning in fangirls, fujos fucking love him

He strikes me as the kind of dude who'd leave his shopping cart right in the middle of a parking spot rather than take the time to push it to a drop-off area.

>Villain is evil... because he is evil
Yet despite that simplicity, it's literally Exposition: The Game. Even the most minor plot point is discusssed over and over again in hour-long cutscenes. Character's simply can't shut up and keep spewing expository dialogue. It's all they do.

Look at these scenes and how forced and clunky the exposition is in them:

youtube.com/watch?v=s8g0MwOWaKE

youtube.com/watch?v=-Dk1OhiKWFA

Goro is popular because he's Yagami Light with a Stand.

literally the same picture

MIGA!

>teen
>cunny
based retard

>+40 minutes of pure exposition
What the fuck

Attached: 1556591874267.png (328x330, 227K)

>villain is evil because he's bald

Attached: 638970_screenshots_20190626144110_1.jpg (1920x1200, 225K)

>villain is evil... because he is evil
yes, and? sometimes that can be kino.

Attached: c5f.png (497x358, 47K)

>no lips
Why cant japs draw?

Is that Pitbull? Why is he bad?

>socially manipulating a young boy to commit murders in order to further your own political agenda with the long-term intention of killing him off too is "too broad" to be called evil
lol

That's because it's societies fault.
>perfectly normal to cut off people's dicks
>still can't regrow hair
How the fuck isn't there a cure for this shit. Fuck this gay earth.

>Akechi apologists

>he's not evil, he's just evil

It's amazing how many people genuinely believe more writing == good writing

Attached: cat.jpg (367x446, 41K)

Because the game pretends that isn't the case and tries to make him look deep and complex, and retards fall for it
Soejima has gone on record saying that he thinks Kaneko's artstyle is the reason SMT doesn't sell, so naturally he tries to do the exact opposite of that

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1404x2244, 314K)

>Because the game pretends that isn't the case
It doesn't
>Soejima has gone on record saying that he thinks Kaneko's artstyle is the reason SMT doesn't sell
He hasn't

>tries to make him look deep and complex
Nigga, his palace is literally one big egotrip, complete with speakers everywhere that tell you how great he is.

And what's wrong with that? Believe it or not that's what a villain is supposed to be. Not this super deep and tragic villains you faggots slurp up these days.

This guy is literally me

>It doesn't
See>He hasn't
See pic related
Translated: twitter.com/iiotenki/status/901377001713418241
Original: 4gamer.net/games/367/G036702/20170810127/

Attached: 5ZxGbre_d.jpg (530x328, 27K)

>Soejima has gone on record saying that he thinks Kaneko's artstyle is the reason SMT doesn't sell
This is bullshit but I believe it

My bad, It was Hashino but still true

None of those scenes try to establish him as sympathetic or anything more than evil, I don't know why you linked me those posts. And the interview you posted wasn't by Soejima, it was by Hashino (who directed nocturne and DDS) and it doesn't refer to art specifically at all, just their style of games.

>Atlus house style
Yes, that means the artstyle

The actual source doesn't say that

Prove it

How can I prove that something wasn't said, do I just posts the whole thing and then say "there, it doesn't say it", just click the fucking link and look for yourself

So you're pulling it out of your ass and can't even read japanese?

I can say the same to you, the interview doesn't reference artstyle at all, you made the assumption that style can only refer to art when that's not what style only means

>I can say the same to you
I'm choosing to believe the only English translation available instead of denying it because it hurts my feelings

>villain is the embodiment of chaos

Attached: P2I-kashiharaAkinari1.jpg (243x300, 15K)

>I'm choosing to believe the only English translation available instead of denying it because it hurts my feelings
Which didn't refer to art specifically you fucking esl, learn that style has more than one definition, it's more than just art

Attached: 24832.png (634x174, 10K)

>>CUNNYSONA 5
ok based

Testing something lol

What else is he referring to then? There's not much that Nocturne, DDS and Maken X have in common, besides Kaneko art and Meguro soundtracks (which Hashino obviously has no issues with)

Thank you for your support, goyim.

Ironically, the Jew is less of a Jew.

The interview talks about how after the repeated failings of atlus games they were trying to do something new for P3, this isn't just about art, it's about their design philosophy as a whole for the game. He's talked about this in other interviews as well (which have been translated fully to english)
>Even though the staff had all been working on various projects, they hadn’t been able to broaden their playerbase much, and the younger generation was watching this situation from below. Thoughts like, “There has to be another way, right?” were piling up.
>They joined the company wanting to make interesting, Atlus-worthy games, but at the same time I think they felt this sense of impending danger like, “If things continue the same way as they always have, won’t the situation just get worse and worse?”
>Also, I think this can happen at any company, but there were staff who, even though they had the skills, they weren’t given many opportunities to work on the projects that they wanted to. They wanted their talents to be put to use. This includes Shigenori Soejima*, who said he mainly wanted to be in charge of art design.
>ーSo you scraped together these younger guys within the company who had some pent-up frustration, it sounds like.
>Hashino: I don’t know about frustrations, but they were like a gang of young rebels (laughs).
>We didn’t have a complete team assembled from the start, so in addition to some staff members I worked with on Shin Megami Tensei 3: Nocturne, I called out to other staff who looked free and said, “Hey, want to do this with us?”
>This was right when when a large title had just been finished, so there was something like a change of generations, where the younger staff’s desire to do something kept growing louder, and it seemed like good timing to move forward with Persona 3’s development in full force.

Consider the things those 'rebels' kept and didn't keep when making Persona 3: they kept Meguro, they didn't keep Kaneko. He blames Kaneko's art for the previous commercial failures but didn't blame Meguro's music among other things. Hence the artstyle is what he refers to when talking about the 'Atlus house style' plus things like the setting and tone of the games.
You have not proven me wrong, I never claimed that the artstyle was the sole thing he blamed, just one of them.

>He blames Kaneko's art
He doesn't, they don't refer to art anywhere, how many times do I have to repeat this

He doesn't refer to anything else that you're claiming specifically either
Soejima, the art director, is the first person he mentioned when talking about how to change the game in your own quote
Personafags really can't understand a thing unless you spell it out in big bold letters huh? I suppose it explains that terrible exposition scene

Can't be bothered with this pointless 'conversation' so I'll get to the point
>Why cant japs draw?
They can, but it was deemed to be commercially unviable, and seeing how weebs lap this shit up they were right

You can have fun villains that are evil just for the sake of being evil, but Shido is the absolute worst example of it, not at all fun

I didn't claim anything specific, you did. They never mentioned artstyle, just the atlus games of the time weren't selling and they needed to try something different, and they did, through way more than just art.

This
SMT4 and Persona 5 is the most popular SMT and they have garbage non-Kaneko art

Kaneko's only good at drawing demons desu

>Villain is evil... because he is an adult
FTFY

Akechi is evil too

Bulepilled

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1896x2668, 637K)

I tend to agree on the other user. He's non-human art is 10/10 but when he draws the main characters or human npc without headgear they look like frog people about 60% of the time. The only humanoid characters that doesn't look like it are Deminfiend and Raidou

Shido is great. Akechi is the weak link of the villains in P5. Him and Haru's dad.

I don't see what makes them different

Attached: sj.jpg (412x600, 60K)

>without headgear
my b

Attached: serveimage.png (314x769, 155K)

Its his position of the eye that bothers me. Its like at time they feel too far apart

hmmmm
This one is a bit off compared to the eyebrow, but if you move it closer together it looks worse and changes her expression. Maybe you need to consider the overall image

Attached: serveimage.jpg (748x2336, 211K)

But idk if it's a general trend

Attached: serveimage.png (681x2223, 1.32M)

That's not true tho'.

Maybe it nitpicking but his necks really do feel like overdoing it at times, like they look too wide. His demon designs are kino no doubt but I feel like they're rubbing off too much to humanoid designs. Like I see his human design and all I could think is how long till they turn to demon cause they look like they're just one push away to demonization

Attached: Keep_It_Coming.jpg (625x399, 50K)

not like soejima is better lmao

Attached: serveimage.png (640x448, 281K)

Even with all that exposition a lot of Yea Forums still doesn't understand a lot of the plot points lmao

These look great

i agree

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1280x1595, 399K)

A dwarf that pretended to be a bullied kid and got money for that lol

name 1 good JRPG villain.
i'll wait.

Attached: prts.jpg (976x850, 58K)

YHVH

yabbadabbadooh

uhh.... uhhmmm... god? he's a good villain right

YHVH in SMT2 is objectively elder god tier

Luca Blight.

hitler

BECAUSE HE'S A MEAN ADULT!

I don't know how they accomplished it. I didn't like Persona 4, but at least Adachi was fun.

I said villain.

Attached: Dahlia_OA.png (360x450, 193K)

>gets BTFO by a titghost at every turn

>villain is evil because she's female
based and redpilled

Adachi

Attached: 11182752_1581198638805477_5784199570021410420_o.jpg (1400x1000, 117K)

>Villain is evil because he wanted revenge on the world

>DLC pulls shit out of it's ass to justify all the evil shit he did, change the target of his revenge, and ruining him in the process

fuck you Square Enix

Attached: ArdynIzunia.png (756x1178, 606K)

The entire roster of Xeno villains from three different series are all kino.

Even the lame ones like Zanza became retroactively kino.

Adachi was relatable.

Albedo

NOOOOOOO I HATE BEING IMMORTALERINO

ok incel

It usually is, but P5 is just badly written and making dialogues shorter wouldn't help it at all. In fact, even as it is, some plot points are incredibly rushed and could definitely use more time.

The twins/Lavenza are cunnykino

It's actually a kid, the whole "It's actually a teenage actor" shit is a meme.

>It usually is
No it isn't.
>making dialogues shorter wouldn't help it at all
Less forced exposition, spoonfeeding and flashbacks to things that happened 5 minutes ago wouldn't help?
>some plot points are incredibly rushed and could definitely use more time
Is this really true, or is it that those plot points have enough words said but not enough meaning or purpose to those words?

Attached: 1516048637663.jpg (300x300, 64K)

Adachi

>villain

Lavos, he was just hungry man

He looks like my dad

I see no issue in this.
No need for a sob story on why he turned out that way, no need to justify actions that people in similar roles or incidents wouldn't bother to anyway. He's a politician who wants power and to change and control society as he sees fit.
The problem is that despite being the root cause of everything, he's so underwhelming outside of his boss fight, hence why everyone memes that Kamoshida was the peak. Probably because Kamoshida had more personal interactions and the threat was more in your face, but I guess it makes sense why this untouchable guy would be mostly distant for a good chunk of the game while you're just looking at his tremors.
But fuck me, if there's something from royal that's interesting, it's the extended bossfight with him where you go 1v1

Attached: 1493494999458.jpg (1069x724, 337K)

All they had to do was make him actually care about Japan's interests. Then you would have the whole ends vs means debate because he's basically trying to do a good thing through bad means, like the phantom thieves brainwashing. For as much as P5 gets it right with UI, music and waifus it shits the bed when it comes down to writting anything worthwhile.

He is actually an actor though

I honestly never liked the UI, its just way too stylized.

Villain is evil... Or is he?

Attached: 1583026848530.jpg (434x563, 26K)

I prefer his mid-late 90's artstyle for humans(devil summoner, P1, soul hackers, probably P2 too). Kind of like the way you can see it shifting towards his more doll like artstyle he has from P2 and Makken X and Nocturne onwards, while I like the lines he does on paper rather than digitally. Makes the facial expressions sort of pop out more, personally.

Attached: 040.jpg (1568x2160, 406K)

>interview from 2017 already talking about Project ReFantasy

Attached: 1452696970663.jpg (178x169, 20K)

oh shit i'm sorry
didn't mean to copy your likeness there

>probably P2 too
nah
Interestingly the individual artwork for P2 and SMT1/2 remakes are in his newer style, but some of the promotional art looks closer to that of Soul Hackers

Attached: serveimage.png (654x1354, 668K)

I wonder if he also drew this guy, it looks like his style

Attached: Salieri_2.png (512x724, 339K)

>villain rips off another villain

Attached: judges you.jpg (362x350, 16K)

Thats where I fucking recognized him from. Its the same person.

I started actually laughing during the office scene with Akechi and Politic Man. Like come on.

>glorified VN copes worst parts of VNs
Why so shocked

Attached: 1494878295060.png (303x353, 257K)

Akechi was a great villain who was the only one to achieve his ultimate goal of exposing his dad. He even gets forgiven by joker during p5r. Adachi meanwhile only managed to kill a handful of people and probably gets executed.

>he killed more people so he's a better villain
cringe

He's still living by P5 though

Royal is not canon

I'm talking about Adachi

Death row in japan is a long wait

>deathrow
>for committing a fictional crime
If the tv don't fit you must acquit

OH SHIT

>villain is evil... because

Attached: kefka-palazzo-itadaki-street-dragon-quest-and-final-fantasy-30th-anniversary-7.76.jpg (210x240, 20K)

literally the best kind of villain because it allows the story to focus on the personal growth of the main character

HEY LOOK ITS HIDEKI KAMIYA!

BLOCKED lol

I loved this guy.

>Pesky meddling kids running around in my brain
>*Kills himself*
>Haha take that you stupid brats!

>Even after he admits to murder and has a change of heart the Japanese people still elect him Prime Minister to save face because their whole society is so utterly fucked.

He was awesome, easily one of the better human villains. Yaldy/Nyarly were right about humans.

Kefka's evil because he was the first person to be experimented on with magitek and that destroyed his mind.

Justice system is fucked in japan, police probably pinned the murder on him regardless of evidence

Every fucking story does that already

>police probably pinned the murder on him regardless of evidence
yes, but they need to at least fucking try to provide a explantion of how he did it
There's zero evidence, zero testimony of him creating the crime. The most you could say is that he met the victims right before they died, however that's not a magical
>OKAY GUYS IT WAS TOTALLY HIM
piece of reasoning, since they need to explain how he
>moved the body
>placed the body
>how he actually killed them
In short, the police have zero goddamn way to fucking lock him up unless he outright confesses, and even then they might be forced to let him go and ignore him since 'I threw them inside a tv ' isn't a convincing confession

Attached: 1571924315692.png (1920x1080, 1.9M)

You underestimate the lengths the japanese police is willing to go in order to maintain a high conviction rate because it looks good on paper

>beat the shit out of adachi to make him confess
he turned himself in as well, hes in for life or for a long wait for execution. police in japan just want closure.

They already got Shido, the main suspect. No reason to chase Akechi, who basically MIA.

and you underestimate how much effort it would take to fucking frame the guy, even with a broken, bullshit judical system. This isn't some low level crime you can go 'yeah uh some random lady saw him do it, so he's gulity'.
Plus, if you gonna use that logic too convicting a police officer wouldn't look too good for public reception of Japanese Police Enforcement.
>he turned himself in as well, hes in for life or for a long wait for execution
Not familar with exact japanese law and practise but I imagine since he turned himself in, he'd just be stuck with life in jail instead. They're usually easier on people who turn themselves in.

Attached: 1572637128616.png (500x375, 294K)

I'm not even mad that atlus blatantly ripped off revengeance for this fight.

Persona 5 villain was clearly malding though. Don't act like that isn't perfect realism.

Akechi was never forgiven in Royal and they always treat him with slight apprehension.

Attached: BD844DBC-6AAD-4EE2-A958-466A8BA8F921.png (1334x750, 3.55M)

>Akechi will never threaten and rape you
God...

Shido is supposed to be a "nothing" because he isn't the main villain. The commentary of P5 is meant to hold society responsible for perpetuating the environment that lets corruption thrive. The PTs even mention that shido himself is replaceable by a number of other corrupt politicians

It's like that he never care about the rest of the PT from the start anyways. Joker is the only connection that he close to.

>Villian is evil because... we don't like him.
Kino

I liked him. Persona 5 would have been way better if you could side with the Japanese government and betray your friends

Alright but why would Joker ever do that, based on his past?

Because joker is a stand-in for the player

Adachi ironically enough.

Light should have won.

Attached: 1553732604304.jpg (234x221, 22K)

This is why people have to deal with Chaotic '''''NEUTRAL''''' bullshit
>I'm not evil I'm just being myself
>I'm not an asshole I'm just saying what's on my mind
>Exploiting people for profit is okay when I do it
>Man why does life suck it should be easy for me

Attached: c8a.jpg (440x498, 21K)

Not true. There’s plenty of things you can’t do in P5 because Joker wouldn’t do it. It specifically tells you that he doesn’t like crepes, so you can’t buy any. Stuff like that. It’s small but it’s there.

Meanwhile
>rape, torture and murder girls
>run immigrant sex slaves
>steal rob cheat

>get away scott free because you payed a bribe

I just want an evil option, or some excuse to do New Game+. The lack of extra endings is why I’m meh on this series now and prefer SMT

Near and Mello fucking sucked anyway (Mind you, Mello's theme was pretty fucking good)
The series should have ended when L was beaten

If evil akechi hadn't blasted him even haru and sakura would have teamed up with him to take down his dad. I could even see him coming to aid them with yaldabaoth too

>You will never threaten Akechi and rape him
God...

They offered to help him with his dad even when they knew he killed their parents.

m7 people are evil by baseline
it's just that the ones at the top brainwash others to not be so because if everyone was evil they'd have more competition

Some people are massive fucking cunts, user.

Attached: CC8A152D-071B-4019-B03B-14E3DFF555CE.jpg (852x408, 175K)

The police let kids that murder a girl free

I want to see mommy Akechi

just imagine akechi but girlier

>Not true.
Based retard

Joker isn’t a 100% self insert. He’s an amalgamation of a self insert and a character where he has thoughts and feelings independent of the player but also barely any personality.