THE JIG IS UP, THE NEWS IS OUT

THE JIG IS UP, THE NEWS IS OUT
THEY FINALLY FOUND ME

Attached: grand-theft-auto-iv-the-lost-and-damned.jpg (1280x1024, 235K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/12210/Grand_Theft_Auto_IV/
youtube.com/watch?v=5taXFo3h6-E
gtaforums.com/topic/552103-gta-iv-is-the-worst-pc-port-of-all-time/
youtube.com/watch?v=0SCUJJatxws
youtube.com/watch?v=ItOLeJB1piU
forums.tomshardware.com/threads/gta-4-low-fps-on-good-pc.2568890/
arstechnica.com/gaming/2008/12/gta-iv-pc-a-buggy-mess-steam-customers-ask-for-refunds/
gtaforums.com/topic/882518-gta-iv-horrible-port-great-game/
nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/moar-games/35/157029/why-does-gta-iv-run-so-poorly-on-the-pc/
videogamesuncovered.com/features/the-5-worst-pc-ports-of-all-time/
v1.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.937131-Let-me-tell-you-what-I-went-throught-to-get-GTAIV-to-work-on-my-PC
gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/gta-iv-for-the-pc-definition-of-a-bad-port-26694954/
gtaforums.com/topic/915206-reliveflc-sweet-autumn/
gtainside.com/en/gta4/mods/134497-skyline-timecyc-1-3/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

is that fallout 3?

wheres. my. bike

seventh gen was a mistake

Jesus fuck that brown

I finally played through this last month on ps3 because the pc version is shit

The ending was really disappointing it felt rushed

we are the brown generation
no more standing out in line
so good at wasting our time

Ironically I believe the actual color lenses is just a vision perspective of the character that you are controlling.

Eastern European man with nothing left to lose: Normal light.
Burnt out Bicker Junky: All dark and grainy.
Healthy and prosperous business partner that provides security: Bright and colorful.

Maybe you should actually get good instead of using an auto-aim controller? The PC version is 100% better.

I don't blame him. PC version is horribly optimized, and you can't even buy it on Steam right now anyway.

>PC version is horribly optimized

Maybe you should get something that is not a Dell or some 10 year old computer? A 570 can play that game at 60fps compared to the PS3's 30.

This is the most retarded fucking shit I read about GTA4

>HUR DUR THE PC VERSION RUNS AT 1080p 60FPS INSTEAD of 120FPS WTF???
>I THINK I WILL PLAY THE PS3 VERSION AT 640p 20FPS MMM YES MUCH BETTTER

i hope you choke and die on the next dicks you suck you pair of fucking faggots

Attached: 1566628505810.webm (1920x1080, 2.84M)

The filter the put on this DLC was terrible.

There are actually sliders in the game that can bring colour to normal.

I had a Radeon 6800 and FX 8350 at the time, the game still struggled getting to 60, or even to 40 at times.
The port is notoriously bad, and the buggy DRM made the game crash on me a few times.

And once again, you can't even buy the game right now.
store.steampowered.com/app/12210/Grand_Theft_Auto_IV/

You're pretty much on point, though the base game did look quite brown at times.

The PC version is known for being probably their worst port and one of the worst ports in the industry, however you can easily run it today and even 10 years ago I was able to run it well and I had a average rig.

FIRST ONE TO SHOOT

GETS A HANDJOB

Attached: Alderney_Trooper.jpg (1136x1280, 313K)

>HURR DURR YOU JUST HAVE BAD PC

Fucking zoomers. If you weren't underage when this game came out, you'd be well aware of how shit this game is optimized.
youtube.com/watch?v=5taXFo3h6-E

>being this buttblasted that someone plays the game on an old console instead of pc
>being so buttblasted that you samefag after noone reacts to your shitposting for 10 minutes

I already played through 4 ages ago on pc and I remember how much you had to work around the DRM and then it never ran smooth for me.
I wasn´t interested in trying workarounds and cracks on a game I bought so I simply pirated the ps3 iso and played through the dlcs without any problem. Of course 60fps and higher resolution would´ve been nice but at least I could finish the game this way.

Attached: 1485523024113.jpg (640x480, 37K)

Oh my god you absolute fucking RETARDS i swear
this game came out TWELVE FUCKING YEARS AGO and i an still reading this retarded fucking dogshit

the PC port runs "shit" because guess what thats THE SAME as the console versions do. On a ps3 equivalent PC it runs at 720p and struggles to hit 30. THIS IS HOW IT RUNS ON THE FUCKING CONSOLES. The complaints come from PC gamers having higher standards and not being able to max out all the fucking sliders that decrease the framerate and offer no visual gain.

Fucking none of you absolute fucktards know what makes a "bad port". The port isn't unoptimised the GAME is unoptimised no matter what the fuck you play it on so to play it on a weak old console and get a worse framerate and resolution than a modern PC is the exact retarded sort of shit only a mouthbreathing fucktard would come up with.

I remember how much you had to work around the DRM
oh yEAH ALL THAT WORK OH NO
god I had to do what? I had to unizp a folder called "xliveless" and drop it into the gta4 folder holy shit that was so much work i can't do all of that what the fuck? no i think i will go and set my ps3 up, install custom firmware on it and then download an iso of the game and then FTP it over and then boot it through webman because that's so much faster and easier and there's absolutely no problems at all with the resolution and framerate, it's a buttery fucking smooth 640p at 20fps, perfectly optimised and so much more fluid than that dogshit PC port

How do you fucking retards even breathe

Attached: 1557234505724.webm (960x540, 2.74M)

The 360 version looks unironically better.

based
fuck those dummies

>moving the goalposts
Seethe some more autists. It's a shit port. End of discussion. I don't give a fuck what user played it on. I played it on PC and it ran like shit. If I played it today it would still run like shit even with my Super 2070

Nobody wants to play a bad port. Stop being mad

it runs even worse on ps3 tho

Bet this faggot would defend the Saints Row 2 PC port just to fuel his console hate boner.

HEY YOU

HULLLOOOOO???[/SPOILER]

I'm sure it does, but if you're guaranteed a shit experience either way, it doesn't seem like it makes much of a difference.

>low res shadows
>lower res textures
>lower res reflections
>lower draw distance
>dogshit framerate

No.

Retards. Everything you need to read has already been said.
Instead of replying you can read this post again but pretend it's new. If you do it enough times maybe it will sink in through that thick fucking skull of yours.

No, because the Saints Row 2 PC port has ACTUAL issues with it that make the game worse than console. It looks better and it runs better and it supports keyboard and mouse. In this regard it is a direct upgrade.
What makes it worse is the broken mission scripts and botched audio quality. This makes it absolutely fucking worse.

Attached: 1562827271129.jpg (1920x1080, 471K)

Keep coping. They removed the soul filter and reflections.

Attached: maxresdefault (16).jpg (1280x720, 120K)

If I can't maintain a constant 60FPS at 1080 in a game that is over a decade old at this point, it is a shit port. The performance being better than console versions is irrelevant if it STILL can't meet this requirement.
And no, community made patches and fixes don't suddenly make it a not shit port until Rockstar decides to fix it themselves.

I used to love playing the multiplayer for this, roaming around on a hog blatting pigs with the super-powered sawn off shotgun.

I did that on release, how shitty is your hardware that it can't push GTA fucking 4?

>I did that on release
No one did that on release.

last time I ran it was in 2014 with

I had 9450 and two 4870 shit ran amazing only issue was 512 mb of ram so shadow Res was low. You have no idea the fuck you are talking about

>They removed the soul filter and reflections.
Then put them back you fucking retard
You're too stupid to copy and paste one .dat file?

Yes, GTA4 is a "shit port" because it wasnt further optimised to run at 60fps when the CONSOLE VERSION NEVER RAN AT 60fps HOLY SHIT WHY DOESNT THIS SINK IN WITH YOU

You think your PC is the same power as a console and when games are ported to PC they miraculously become more optimised to run at 60fps? You fucktard. Games run the same no matter what platform they are on, you get a higher framerate than console because your PC is bruteforcing it. If your game isn't optimised on console then guess what it isn't optimisd on PC either.
Why don't you bitch about games like Crysis? Is crysis a "shit port" no because there was NO FUCKING PORT it's just unoptimised. You fucking retard. I hope you know how much of a fucking retard you are.

>the game struggled to run at 60 on a fucking 6800
sounds like something incredibly wrong with your computer, a 6800 is more than capable of a flawless 1080p 60fps
The problem is on your end, i dread to think what the fuck you did to your computer to make it struggle with gta4

Attached: 1560129809108.png (1920x1080, 3.3M)

>only issue was 512 mb of ram so shadow Res was low
So it wasn't max settings then. Thought so.

Wasn't stipulation in the first place. Ran in 1080 at stable 60fps

>Someone is unironically defending GRAND THEFT AUTO IV's PORT of all things to shit on consoles
Right, yep. Let's pack it up. I like PC gaming as well but this is too retarded even for Yea Forums.

Attached: 1446012950998.jpg (500x385, 63K)

>it's not max settings!!!!
Because they were experimental settings never intended to actually be used. Oh no you can't max out the detail distance????? Oh no you can't have an option be 10x higher than console and you're surprised it runs 10x worse? oh nooooo noooooo oh no no non on noooooo

Attached: 1558073029245.jpg (1920x1080, 355K)

Show me how to copy pasta that .dat file then, niggy. I don't see anything that restores the Xbox 360 ambience and reflections.

>game is widely confirmed to be a bad port
>IT'S NOT A BAD PORT BECAUSE IT RUNS BETTER THAN CONSOLE

gtaforums.com/topic/552103-gta-iv-is-the-worst-pc-port-of-all-time/
youtube.com/watch?v=0SCUJJatxws
youtube.com/watch?v=ItOLeJB1piU
forums.tomshardware.com/threads/gta-4-low-fps-on-good-pc.2568890/
arstechnica.com/gaming/2008/12/gta-iv-pc-a-buggy-mess-steam-customers-ask-for-refunds/
gtaforums.com/topic/882518-gta-iv-horrible-port-great-game/
nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/moar-games/35/157029/why-does-gta-iv-run-so-poorly-on-the-pc/
videogamesuncovered.com/features/the-5-worst-pc-ports-of-all-time/
v1.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.937131-Let-me-tell-you-what-I-went-throught-to-get-GTAIV-to-work-on-my-PC
gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/gta-iv-for-the-pc-definition-of-a-bad-port-26694954/

I guess I just imagined all these other people who also say it's a bad port.

Gta4 port is as good as console version with additional options, this means port isn't bad it just means engine is shit. Two different things.

>this means port isn't bad
Confirmed retard.

Don't forget there's a very high chance the game will crash when you kill one of the lookouts atop the cranes in the mission Deconstruction for Beginners. Even after doing all the guides to make the game not run totally shit (it runs mediocre but not awful), this issue doesn't get fixed so you need to hope to fuck the game won't spazz out.

-nomemrestrict -norestrictions -percentvidmem 100 -noprecache -novblank -heapsize 2097152

Thank me later bois

Wow, you Google searched a quick fix for the game. Not like everyone else who bought the game also did the same fucking thing.

You don't need any of these options. They don't do anything. You're just as fucking dumb as the people who bitch about GTA4 being unplayable on PC.

There is no excuse to be a fucking retard in 2020. We're on the internet. The right answers are just a click away. How are you guys living in 2020 and still being absolute fucking retards? You're posting here so you obviously have internet. What is your excuse?

Did you try it?

when I got my 1060 I replayed IV completely

>>Come and bite this plump chihuahua meat!

Attached: Puesto_de_comida_rápida_GTA_IV.jpg (605x638, 52K)

You sound like a fat brainlet faggot, those options work, i wouldn't expect someone of your caliber to see the difference between 40fps and 200fps. Maybe upgrade your shit PC or something.

It made everything look like footage from the 70's/80's. It's fuckin' aesthetic if you ask me.

I kinda miss brown gritty look in retrospect, it was awful but still better than Fortnite shit

>Games run the same no matter what platform they are on, you get a higher framerate than console because your PC is bruteforcing it.
Having to ever bruteforce shit is exactly what makes it a shit port.

Sawn-off Shotgun is so damn good. The second I found out it can basically one shot cars I went on rampages for hours on the bike.

Attached: doom_guy_transparent.png (508x492, 291K)

ugly as a sin

>Piss filter
Here, thank me later
gtaforums.com/topic/915206-reliveflc-sweet-autumn/

Option 2:
gtainside.com/en/gta4/mods/134497-skyline-timecyc-1-3/

It's so satisfying with IV's shooting mechanics, you feel the power and weight of it. In V peds die near instantly and it feels like you're shooting at nothing. Yay, I have more guns than any other GTA, too bad they're all samey.

you are a huge faggot.