Tell me about your Chao memories

Tell me about your Chao memories

Attached: death-cocoon.png (934x632, 493K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H9ZiHrfJR6U
youtube.com/watch?v=U9mT1oBczzk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This one time I had a chao

NO

Attached: 1553826241407.gif (250x182, 1.97M)

>Unlocking hell garden and being too scared to stay there for too long
>Unlocking heaven garden and moving everything up there

Attached: 1544607117808.png (393x385, 365K)

that's colored though, so he'll reincarnate iirc

>still no fully fleshed out standalone chao garden game

You just want someone to post it again

did you know that you could get a Tails Chao from Phantasy Star Online?

youtube.com/watch?v=H9ZiHrfJR6U

Don't really have any. I guess I can explain the origins of my traditional racing Chao.
>dabbled in Chao on Sonic Adventure 2 for the Dreamcast but was a stupid kid who never found out how to get a VMU to work, so never played Chao Adventure and thus never was able to learn what my Chao's stats were, making Chao races frustrating
>get Sonic Adventure DX for GayCube and excited to see that Chao stats are now labeled
>use dark fruits to make my main Chao that I give animals to into a Dark Chao and give him a hat, name him Shadm
>Shadm (weird name) has consistently been my main racing Chao and general all around main nigga in Chao Gardens ever since, wearing a hat at all times, always a Skull Hat in SA2 games and whatever in SADX, and he's always a Dark Chao
I have a similar thing with wrestling games where I always make a character with a specific name and if available, the same face paint

Attached: skullhat.png (220x220, 39K)

I used to beat the fuck out of them because I thought it was the only way to make dark chao

I have a very specific rule set for how I raise my chao.

>One chao gets all the love and positive attention
>this chao also gets spoiled rotten with his favorite fruit and toys and crap
>if it's SA2, he's either gonna be a neutral or dark chao cuz light chao look fucking stupid as adults
>he gets all of the animals and chaos drives
>if he ever trips I immediately run over and pick him back up
>until he learns how to swim, whenever he falls in the water I grab him and gently put him down on land
>he becomes the grand master of karate and the grand champion of racing

>then there's the other chao
>designated abuse chao
>typically grind for drives and animals as dark side, so he's usually a lightside loser
>beat up by every character that enters the garden
>cowers in fear and cries at the sight of literally anyone
>whenever I'm not spoiling my chad chao I jump on him or punch him
>pick him up and throw him into water so he drowns
>never give him any drives or animals
>literally isn't allowed to even eat
>if I see him sneaking food I beat the shit out of him for a couple minutes until he learns his lesson
>inevitably becomes a several years old adult chao that can't even walk, let alone swim or fly
>don't even bother giving him a name
>if I'm in the garden as Tails, I may pet him once or twice
>just to lure him into a false sense of hope, so that further abuse will be even worse
>sometimes I make sure to whoop his ass and then immediately start petting the other chao right in front of him

>the best (worst?) part about this is that the selection process for Chad Chao and Designated Abuse Chao is completely arbitrary and random
>this chao didn't do anything to deserve this treatment
>the other chao didn't do anything special to be treated so well
>I just pick up one egg and throw it at a wall
>the other gets hugged and cuddled until it hatches naturally

For some reason my chao raising techniques are usually pretty controversial.

Attached: sthb-chaogunslinger.gif (200x200, 1.31M)

>winning some chao races for the first time and discovering there is a fuckton more of them, for angel and dark chaos both

Attached: 39b8ad852bc8fe226fbf561ebffb51ffbf605aed8b40046769b054a978e6f5ee.png (362x492, 97K)

>leaving the gamecube on so the chao could evolve faster

zoomers don't remember this shit

Attached: nigga.jpg (403x469, 20K)

FUCK OFF YOU TOOL!

>the first time your chao karate opponent spinning heel kicks your fucking head off

Attached: HNNNG.png (252x200, 50K)

>dad once made a chao on my save file
>name: Bad Boy
>devil chao
>wore a skull
>no legs
>kept him that way even though it would make him worse at karate
>got nearly all his stats to max
>he would watch Bad Boy beat the shit out of other chaos and say "that's my boy!"
good times

Have you ever considered the possibility you're a psychopath, user? Just curious.

It's fuckin bullshit. The first 3 or 4 opponents in karate are babies that can't even walk. Then there's this shitter who's too crap to go higher up in the league but is clearly 2 or 3 years older than the other chao round house kicking your baby's face in.

I remember raising a Knights Chao in the original SA with the VMU and everything, and having a whole slew of them in SA2 but the one who stands out the most was the red neutral power chao I gave an apple helmet to and named 'Appler'

When are we gonna start throwing people in jail for forgetting about their Tamagatchis? Think about all the poor Tamagatchis forced to live surrounded by their own shit, starving to death, all because of neglectful parents.

I would rent this game from Blockbuster just to play the Chao Garden

>start replaying SA2B on dolphin recently
>put way too many hours into it, mostly just grinding Chao like an autist
>hear about a mod that increases stat gains by 5x for PC
>Don't want to start all over even if it's 5x faster
>importing a save would require hex editing
>there's a Chao editor to perfectly recreate the Chao I already have but it isn't the same
>also for some reason using the editor makes all stamina stat gains negative

Attached: 1528241054247.gif (450x551, 213K)

You can't even spell "Tamagotchi" right, fag

user, if you go fish out your Tomigetchi from under your bed and it's dead in a pile of its own shit, you might be psychotic.

The first thing I remember about thgem when was my brothers and I were playing Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast and raising them and then coming in one day and seeing one flying around, we were so shocked we all went "woahhhhhh, it's flying!" and wanted to see it do it again but it wouldn't. This was like 2000 or so.

I was pretty obsessed with Chao throughout 2007-8 since I was raising them constantly in SA2B, they were cute little things for sure. I probably still have them saved on my memory card. Random things I remember.

>Putting all my favourite chao in the hero garden, and my least favourite in the dark garden
>Never feeding them, for some reason I liked seeing them cry and beg for food so I'd just throw it in the water. It got to a point where no coconuts were growing on trees because they were all in the water. They had dreadful stamina because of this
>Running into the Hero garden one day and seeing a Chao begin to die, and quickly looked up on Youtube what to do and learning if you're quick and pet them around 100+ times before they go into their cocoon they no longer want to die
>Farming around 8000 rings in the mini chao garden in a copy of Sonic Advance that couldn't save so I could get a Jade Chao egg and transfer it over

I spent a hell of a lot of time playing the chao gardens, but never had a chaos chao sadly, that was what I was going for near the end but could never reach it. I could also never find Phantasy Star Online 2 for the Gamecube so I never had a chance to the Tails chao.

Attached: file.png (190x265, 118K)

Attached: 4a8.jpg (600x902, 30K)

Was anyone here part of the Chao Island forums?

I remember having an account in 2009 and leaving after two or so years since I stopped giving a shit about chao, made a few friends I still talk to today on there though.

Last I heard it's a dead forum, the mods were pedos, and the user base were all trannies that all migrated to a discord to circlejerk Sega games or something. Sonic is some powerful autism.

Attached: image0.png (240x240, 104K)

>The first thing I remember about thgem when was my brothers and I were playing Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast and raising them and then coming in one day and seeing one flying around, we were so shocked we all went "woahhhhhh, it's flying!"
I remember the first time I saw one of mine start flying too. For a 10 year old, it was like watching your child take its first steps.

Is that the BBS that's got its address in the SA2 chao kindergarten?

Over a summer I spent days and maybe weeks reading every single post on there. If I wasn't playing with my Chao I was reading that shit. I literally started from post 1 and read the 8000+ posts that were there, in order.

At one point I realized that all the posts, including the most recent, were months or even years old. I felt like I had lost a bunch of friends that I never even spoke to.

Spooky

yosh

Attached: BigBewitchedBellfrog-mobile.jpg (300x306, 13K)

thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=U9mT1oBczzk

>Can't multitask for shit
>Only have two Chao. A Dark Chao and a Light one who shit in different gardens
>The Dark one sits in stasis while I focus on the Light Chao, or vice versa because I'm fucking paranoid about accidentally making one or the other switch colors by accidentally petting them with Eggman or Sonic
>One gets only Drives while the other gets to be a freak Chao

I'm pretty much a Chao racist

It’s insane to me how much chao garden is beloved. I’ve always been a massive sega/sonicfag, played dozens if not hundreds of hours of sa1/2 on Dreamcast, had a vmu and everything. Every time I went into the chao garden I would run around for about 30 seconds, get bored and leave instantly

poor zoomers whose parents wont buy them new games do

I didn't know Shadman existed when I picked that name

Because the Chao system has plenty more depth than you'd probably expect. Yeah a lot of it is just sitting around waiting for your Chao to evolve, but at the end of it you can accumulate a pretty wacky crew. The satisfaction is in seeing it all come together.

My older sister walked in on me at the race lobby, made fun of how girly it was and burst out laughing at how lazy it was that you don't even control the Chao

I once put my chao in the forest when I was a kid and was barely able to read and I wasn't fully sure what I was doing. I don't know why I did the thing I did but I ended up trashing one of my best chaos. It wasn't imba per se but it was like a generation 2 bred chao with some Cs and Bs and was near 99 in all stats. My older brother taught me the animal glitch and the hitbox was forgiving enough for a young kid to master it after about a day.

Anyway, I ended up trashing it and I almost instantaneously traumatized myself upon realizing what happened. I started bawling my eyes out and ever since then I equated the sad forest music with existential dread. Literally PTSD in little kid form.

Attached: Fast.png (868x674, 252K)

>be me
>be like 10 years old or some shit
>have golden hero chao
>was still really into ff7 back then
>name him cloud
>jacked his shit up real hard
>nigga rebirthed like twice or something i dont remember
>had an S in stamina and i think flying with good growths in all other stats
>nobody fuck with him
>got all the bitches in the hero garden
>would occasionally take him to dark garden for him to fuck their bitches
>pretended he eventually got so good that he began to "tutor" the other chao
>assigned specific chao under him to specific roles, like one focused on power gains and the other on speed/stamina
>fastforward like a year, have a fucking army of chao that are all specialized led by my one golden god
>load up save one day
>go into hero garden
>hear sad music
>confused
>look all around
>cant find cloud
>where is cloud
>mfw he died
>mfw he left that legacy behind
>mfw he knew it was his time
and on that day little kid me cried his fucking eyes out like i had lost a child who had left me grandchildren

Attached: 1468688255340.jpg (665x613, 68K)

I cried really hard when my Chao died and that made my dad laugh so I cried even harder

isn't the only reason Chao die is when you abuse/forget to feed them too many times. they should always reincarnate otherwise. if you lost your Chao then you probably weren't a very good parent.

i'm crying now thinking about how you even had a dad to laugh at you where as i was just alone in my room crying by myself at that age.

I would spend way too much time in the area between the worlds running in circles as fast as i could go. knuckles is really fast

>have one chao I put all the stat boosters and expensive food into
>loved it to fucking death
>all the other chao were so-so, in the background while I gave all my love to the favorite child
>have one chao I would abuse for some reason
>steal food from him and give it to the other chao
>take him to the dark garden and throw him around
>put him in karate in the special bracket and get his shit pushed in
what the fuck was wrong with kid me

Attached: D-uwh8_VAAA45Ea.jpg (500x357, 37K)

>Took our very first chao from baby to gigachad NiGHTs Chao
>Won every tournament and race
>Actually immortal, survived years of casual play
>Dumbass brother transfers him to Sonic Advance and shuts off the GBA without saving
>My baby boy lost to the void for eternity

I had a chao named Tango, who unfortunately died. I think I exited and reentered the garden about 15 times, trying to get to her before she went into the cocoon. It didn't work.

Attached: 1583259163923.gif (540x400, 2.99M)

>gamecube
Found the real zoomer, boomers played it on DC

I think kids are just like that considering I'd do similar things in the Sims

pretty sure there were times i left the game on and fell asleep on my bed while raising my chao
honestly dont remember too well but that couldve led to it while i was focusing on the others
he certainly wasnt the first chao i had die but he was the one that hit the hardest, theyre all dead now though since my gamecube memory card got lost in a fire a few years back

Your natural animal instinct to neglect and destroy the weak rather than waste your resources on them. The Nazis got a lot wrong, but rounding up all the perma-tards for death wasn't one of them.

bruh it came out the same year, what are you talking about?

He can only speak and think in meme phrases and terms, just ignore him.

>The Nazis got a lot wrong

Yeah like not invading Russia a month or so earlier.

I did the same thing. One was always my sports star, one I beat up for no good reason, and others that were just attempts at making special chao and designs

>My older brother taught me the animal glitch and the hitbox was forgiving enough for a young kid to master it after about a day.

You can do it with chaos drives. It's probably easier cuz they don't move around.

I'm pretty sure after they become adults or evolve or whatever you don't have to worry about them switching alignment.

>want the chao garden to make a return in future sonic games
>monkey's paw activates
>all interaction is first person tomogachi style
>no abuse button
why live if a future so horrible is around the corner

>Chaos drive flies a billion miles away
Thanks Sega

god that game was garbage but I remember getting an absolutely broken chao that gave you high crit chance and just blowing through the game

>saw my chao breathing fire
>told my friends
>they thought I was full of shit

I'm more concerned with them fucking up minor details that gave them more personality. Like the way their entire bodies and emotion balls jiggle wildly if you run around with them or throw them, or animals not changing their appearance.

oh shit wait no I thought that was a gif of the bioware sonic game sorry

To this day the "Chao Gardens" never fail to mystify me as to their purpose. I don't know if they unlocked anything cool in game, but damned if I was going to fuck around weird system to find out.

I forgot about that. I think when I was a kid I got really good at positioning them so I could either pick them up immediately and keep doing the stat glitch. I tried doing it just now and it's a pain in the ass, half the time the Chao starts moving before I can go and grab the drive to do the glitch again.

>give chao random assortment of animals
>gets the rainbow wings from the parrot, claw hands from the mole, and hooves from the boar that look like Knuckle's shoes
>wtf coolest look ever
>it's SA1 so the only way to keep improving my chao's stats is to give it more animals and hope it doesn't look stupid afterwards
>it looks stupid afterwards
>ends up with a monobrow from a gorilla, koala ears, and a skunk tail
>looks so bad I don't like him anymore
>try to give him more animals to recreate the look I had before
>just ends up with boar tusks and a stupid plume on his forehead and mole feet
>looks retarded
>stop raising chao for a while

This was also a problem for me as a kid, I wanted to have a cool Chao but they always ended up retarded looking

I feel like a lot of us are stuck trying to relive a childhood that was robbed from us by unfortunate life happenings.

Why else would such a specific demographic still play a minigame on dreamcast/gamecube game?

God help us all

Attached: 1490059642742.png (1024x385, 488K)

I had a childhood. i just like raising racewhores is all

Yep, I did this quest so many times on multiple save files to get a bunch of them.

Attached: thtailschao.png (50x106, 8K)

My childhood wasn't robbed, I just have nostalgia goggles welded to my face.

Ingame grinds feel like putting real love and effort into something.

Yeah. I posted there a little bit. Weird community in retrospect, I could easily see there being some sort of scandal involving the mods.

>tfw I bought PSO purely for this purpose but it became one of my favorite games
My brother and I eventually made it to roughly level 160 over the course of years.

Tails made them watch a holocaust documentary didn't he.

>Why else would such a specific demographic still play a minigame on dreamcast/gamecube game?

Because it was surprisingly deep and the Chao are a lot more complex than you'd think.

>buy a bunch of Chao fruit, go to sleep
>wake up, each Chao is about 10 levels higher in each skill

>painstakingly raise my beloved Chao's stats to lvl 99 in every category using the stupid reusable animal/drive glitch
>take him to the advanced races/karate
>he still gets his ass kicked because he's a genetically inferior E-rank piece of garbage
I can either re-incarnate him a million times trying to raise his stats one letter grade at a time or breed an actually useful chao, which also takes too much work

Attached: 1511019744791.png (416x492, 114K)

>play tails/robotnick level for food
>fill on food first 1/3rd of level
>dump food on chao
>repeat
>train chao
>win competitions
>why am I doing this?

I used to leave the console on while I do other things. I learned I could inherit stats by breeding, but then I found it difficult to get the stats I wanted, so I improved my Chao stats the hard way. Eventually got an all-S Chao, but never learned the existence of an immortal Chao until recently.

Attached: 20190329131108_1.jpg (800x600, 116K)

Yeah Chaos Chao are the ultimate swag Chao

>Finally got Cartoon Network right around the time of SA2 Dreamcast's release
>Name all of my chao after CN characters

Attached: 1523074096332.png (666x666, 11K)

Someone should edit this like the TF2 engineer clip.

I owned the game and shared a save file with a friend. He owned a chao and I owned one. Everytime I went over to my friends place I'd take the Gamecube and the game with me. When I had a bad day at school I went home and beat my friends Chao to death.

can tails chao turn into a chaos chao?

you sound like my 3rd grade teacher

I was a dipshit kid who only had chao evolve into neutral types.
Fires time I had one evolve and it wasn’t an Angel/devil I thought it was a glitch.
First time one evolved into a swim type (I was just giving it yellow drives for fun) I thought I broke the game lol

>be me
>11 years old in 1999
>spend all my time playing sonic and knuckles on genesis
>parents finally get AOL
>time to look at cool sonic pictures
>search "sonic and knuckles pictures"
i've never been the same

i remember i tried to get an s rank chao and i kept a eugenics note book to perfect my breeding and make the perfect chao

imo even though there were a ton of chao combos you could make the actual gameplay loop was very shallow. There is so much potential for a fleshed out chao garden in a future sonic installment.

I used to the shit out of them after my dad banned pets in the house