B-b-but the censorship!

B-b-but the censorship!

Attached: file.png (541x796, 443K)

nintendo fanboys don't actually care about censorship on principle. they just pretend to care for the purpose of console-war shitposting against sony.

how many people do you think actually didn't buy the game because of that

jugo de arándano...
mmmm....
basado basado...

Attached: el gato basado.webm (360x640, 62K)

>Famitsu's digital estimates are far lower than real numbers
So the numbers are just bullshit then. I'll wait for the March 31st Nintendo briefing for actual sales data.

>SMTIV launches at 188k first week in Japan.
>Fire Emblem Awakening launches at 240k first week in Japan.
>TMS does 39k for the whole fucking month.

Attached: 1547396179226.jpg (700x551, 69K)

Switch: 50,000,000 sold
WiiU: 13,500,000 sold

So many more people own a Switch than a Wii U so those numbers are almost more pathetic. Whether it’s because of censorship or general disinterest I don’t know, but I know censorship is why I personally didn’t buy it.

Obvious shitpost op but I may as well throw out the obvious.
Switch has a far larger install base than Wii U ever had, barely outselling the version with a far smaller potential buyer base is pathetic, especially considering how well everything else on the system has been selling.

How can nintendofags say censorship doesn't matter, after they spent months shitting on sony for censoring games?

You know the Wii U one was censored too right

No one said this. Every thread on this game has always went towards the censorship.

>Literally making up numbers
Good source, faggot.

This basically means any hopes of a sequel or Nintendo doing this sort of crossover is literally dead forever.

The game got two chances and is a fucking unprecedented flop. RIP

The people that complain about censorship don't buy games. The people that clamor FOR censorship don't buy the games. The games sell independently of both of those groups.

wont' it be april?

What a retarded fucking centrist point.
You might as well have written nothing, pressed post, and STILL would've made more sense.

it got what it fucking deserved

GOOD. I'm actually tired of Fire Emblem and this half assed approach Nintendo has of pushing it. Devs are so disinterested in FE itself, that they literally just use it as a skin for their games instead. It's obvious that no one really gives a shit about the FE universe, it's lore or any of it's gameplay mechanics, that every game is further dumbed down, but refuses to take a look at the actual core issues of the series.

Most atelier games sell around that much and Gust still shoves them out.

>people who complain about censorship don't buy censored games
wooooooow how was I supposed to know that would happen

point seemed pretty clear to me. outrage bunnies care more about outrage than they do about video games.

I actually enjoy FE and I kind of agree in some respects. The aggressive shilling in January completely turned me off of the series, I haven't touched FEH or the 3H DLC since the Byleth reveal. I just don't have to motivation anymore.

What a fucking dumb post.
>Durr, people who complain about censored games don't buy censored games
Anything else you wanna tell us? Please, educate us.

>The people that complain about censorship don't buy censored games
crazy right?

Attached: 1583177072842.jpg (320x320, 16K)

>> Hear about FE x SMT
>> Think medieval shit with demons
>> Get idol shit
Why? Whywhywhywhy??

significantly more people own the switch than the wii u.

OP's figures are pulled out of his arse so here are the actual numbers for the first week:
[Wii U] Genei Ibun Roku #FE (Nintendo, 12/26/15) – 26,340 (New)
[NSW] Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore (Nintendo, 01/17/20) – 18,797 (New)

The Wii U version didn't chart again in the second week so it didn't sell more than 8,122 copies in that week. The final charting week for the Switch version was
[NSW] Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore (Nintendo, 01/17/20) – 1,397 (27,017)
with the next week's lowest sales being 1,730.

No other sales figures have ever been given for the Wii U version including digital numbers or non-Japanese sales. We don't have any other numbers for the Switch version as of yet either.

Attached: 1449825352248.jpg (680x471, 76K)

You didn't buy it on WiiU. You wouldn't have bought it on Switch. Stay mad because it's true. You just want to argue that things are being ruined because pants are put onto your coom idols.

It was censored on Wii U you fucking retard

All this really says is that the drought is real and Switch kiddos are so desperate for games that they'll sink their standards low enough to give this censored garbage the time of day

Why this board is so fucking obsessed with this game?

Attached: 1553792748680.jpg (500x429, 62K)

>he thinks 39k are good numbers
retarded atlusfags

They don't release number for games that sold less than a million and no way in hell TMS sold that much.

>We had to make a new ip
>But it's idol shit! People won't buy that!
>Hmmm. Attach SMT and FE on the title. Weebs gonna fall for that

What they didn't know is that weebs are getting smarter and smarter

OK smashfags

Attached: somebodyisplayingmelee.png (1000x812, 678K)

People keep forgetting that Japanese consumers have some of the worst taste.

>console with 4x the playerbase and more marketing and shilling
>game only sells 11% more

So it's never been released in a playable state in English ever, according to you? That's funny.

Because both sides want to argue endlessly about nothing and feel smart and superior to each other because "FUCKING SJWS" and "FUCKING NAZIS"

It's absolutely retarded, it's a shit game that no one actually cares about.

>FEfags rightfully hate it
>SMTfags rightfully hate it
>Yea Forums contrarians see it getting hate and MUST defend it at all costs

What do you get when you combine idol shit and turn base combat huh Nintendo?

Nigger both versions were censored, what the fuck are you talking about. And the idolshit is the least of the concerns, they even censored the story.

>So it's never been released in a playable state in English ever, according to you? That's funny.
It's correct

OP literally just said he took from Famitsu digital estimates. Sure, it's not trustworthy. Because pokemon being sold only 700k in the whole 2019 and persona 5 royal being 60k.

you know switch sold 3 times the amount of wii u yet it only sell 4k more copies of the same game but censored

IS quickly abandoned what was supposed to be a developer crossover, and Atlus used most of the development funds/time working on Persona 5. Probably would have been another Gearbox scenario, but Avex gave Atlus a check to hastily tape together some scrapped Vita JRPG as a means to shill idol talent, so they just added some Fire Emblem names to the knockoff personas and pretended that was the crossover.

Well of course I didn’t buy it on Wii U. That was censored too. The only untouched version is the Japanese Wii U version, and I can’t understand moon runes yet so I can’t play it.

>OP literally just said he took from Famitsu digital estimates.
And where did he get the 35k figure for the Wii U version from?

And you would have played it without them applying pants to the girls? You would've spent 60 dollars on it? The game is good enough to warrant 60 dollars as long as there are no extra pants pixels?

>>FEfags rightfully hate it
FEfag here, I loved it

Attached: too lewd for the west.jpg (1280x720, 251K)

Fuck FE. This means no crossovers full stop anymore.

Besed centrist somehow being dumber than both sides.

No one here thinks censorship is a good thing. Xenoblade X probably lost a good 50k sales because of censorship. That doesn't sound like a lot, but the game as a whole sold only 550k in the West.

Attached: 1326505957306.png (268x265, 124K)

What do you mean, it only took 4 times the installbase to reach 4k more sales. That's great.

Yes retard, I fucking love scantily clad women. It’s not that hard to understand.

Maybe they shouldn't have made it about coom idols in the first place

>Mario + Rabbids
>Starlink X Star Fox
>Probably more fanservice outfits in Bayo 3.
Yeah, nah.

I can't help but wonder why the fuck you'd defend this shit. Do you have pure Nintendo bias injected into your bloodstream? Because I can't imagine this game actually appealing to anyone.
>Inb4 I'm console war shitposter or some asanine shit
The only current Gen system I own is Switch.

its to not support censorship are you retard can you understand 1 sentence?

>Atlus used most of the development funds/time working on Persona 5.
That makes no sense whatsoever, Persona is made by another studio and in terms of production values the games are pretty close.

Yes, I played with the uncensor patch on Cemu and it's an amazing game, I would love to buy it if it wasn't censored
Also in case you don't know they changed Chapter 2's plot entirely

That's pretty pathetic given how hot the Switch is compared to the Wii U, but it's not even necessarily true. We never learned the Wii U version's lifetime sales, and he seems to be assuming that it sold zero digital copies.

>Famitsu sales.

10 bux that game hit 100k Japan then 500k Global on Nintendo official reports.

Attached: 1560313688932.jpg (385x299, 12K)

TMS encore right now
Twitch. tv/Alicenasgard

Once again, GOOD. It's obvious that Nintendo just can't do crossovers worth a shit, either because they are too protective of an IP, or simply don't care enough about an IP. Nintendo has gotten complacent and rather then keep an eye on devs when it counts and intercede when they are making obviously poor decisions. They just let them do what they want, because it's going to sell anyway, or they just need a game to fill space, to make the console and other games seem worth it.

If they actually have to try, maybe things will get better.

Censorship, the most bastardize concept of the last decade.

You can search 'Tokyo mirage sessions Wikipedia', goes to reception and see that. Althought it's not 35k. It's 33k.

Just take a look at how upset people are in this thread about a Fatlus game, of all games, and you'll realize how stupid coomers really are. This game is coom bait and nothing more and the incoherent rage that some CG girls animated by horny Japanese men are slightly more covered is truly one of the modern internets best treasures. Coomers are what furries were; the laughing stock of the net that don't know how much they're actually being laughed at. Enjoy your rage, you pathetic incels.

>>FEfags rightfully hate it
>>SMTfags rightfully hate it
I'm both of these and I like it. Not everyone is a bitter fag like you.

It’s been like 4 years and you’re still crying

But it's not lifetime sales either, it's only physical up through January 2016. There is no source for lifetime sales, and no source for it's digital sales.

You say this like you find it hard to believe. I've avoided buying plenty of games I was otherwise excited for over one single thing, even just on principle. It's not a hard choice to make considering how many other games I can play instead.

Attached: 1580472210506.jpg (768x768, 165K)

So making up numbers.

Don’t speak for me you fucking nigger, I love SMT and was going to get it until they censored it now I passed on it both on the Wii U and switch

You can play the uncensored version on Cemu, runs perfectly

>mfw those faggots that swear up and down that the game is not idolshit
>while posting pictures of their waifus from the game at the same time
The absolute worst.

Attached: 1546613837640.png (579x440, 292K)

Of course it's a Xenoblade 2 waifushitter shilling TMS

Nintendo fans dont like games, they are just a cult of branding. They will buy anything.
Movie games like Luigis Mansion 3 and Xenoblade 2 are examples of them having no taste, on top of the "hype" over Animal Crossing, a Facebook tier game.

All of you said the same shit when I said TMS will get new switch project and lo and behold

>HOW CAN YOU LIKE [THING I DONT LIKE]!!!! HOW CAN YOU DEFEND IT WHEN I DONT LIKE IT!!!!!! AAAAAAAARRRGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Censorship is still annoying

But this one was probably on CERO

Not him but
>dude it's been years just learn to drop your standards already

I wonder when they will run out of Wii U games to port and there will be nothing left to pad out the droughts.

>But this one was probably on CERO
Are you fucking retarded?

is that why they were buttmad at treehouse for years?

Both are censored you nignog.

Seethe harder shill

Atelier games have 1/10 the budget.

Because it's one of the most cancerous examples of censorship we've seen since the 90s.

go to bed troll.

Switch user base is like 5 times the size of Wii U user base and it only barely beat it

I'm legitimately happy that this game not only failed once, but twice. It really warms my soul.

What didn't outsell the wiiu?

This.

Stadia?

You're just bigger fans of idolshit in that case.

This game is literally idolshit propaganda because Atlus wants to win back the idol bucks after shitting all over them with Rise's character.

Two flops in a row, and no one owned a Wii U so at least they had that going for them the first time

Attached: ayulaugh.gif (262x275, 2.73M)

I didn't. I stuck with the fixed Wii-U version.

Nice response to being called out for the retard you are. Did your mommy tell you to type that? Oh wait she cant tell you cause shes busy sucking my dick while I play TMS HAHAHAHAHA RETARD LOL

>massively larger install base
>HOLY FUCK BROS IT SOLD A WHOPPING 4K MORE CENSORSHIP IS BASED NOW?

>You're just bigger fans of idolshit in that case.
I dont give two fucks about idolshit, it's my least favorite part about the game, nor do I give a fuck about the coomershit. I just like JRPGs and this is the closest I'm gonna get to SMT on the switch since V is in limbo.

i picked it up because i was interested in the fights. i'd be perfectly happy if atlus moved sessions to a series with a good story and setting

nintendo fans were never mad at treehouse. they sent a thank-you card to treehouse after they censored bravely default, then they made fire emblem fates set sales records for the series.

>combine Waifu Emblem and Shin Megami Waifu
>expect anything but waifu idol shit

This is advanced autism

I enjoyed the songs but I don't give a fuck about idolshit

That's right, I don't buy censored games.

Name a single SMT game that had waifushit or idols.

>Name a single SMT game that had waifushit

Attached: nu-smt.jpg (400x240, 29K)

Attached: MV5BNDQ5ZmEzZjQtMTlkMS00NDYzLWE5MzEtNjA2OGFiYjljMzM2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTk1ODMyNjA@._V1_.jpg (640x902, 81K)

>Not killing them all

Attached: Dagda_SMTIV_Final.png (695x695, 368K)

Megami Ibunroku Persona isn't an SMT game.

What the fuck is the purpose of this thread?
>game was censored on the Wii U
>flopped
>game was censored on the Switch
>flopped again
I really don't understand what OP is trying to imply

Attached: 1569640209534.jpg (720x678, 76K)

What are you even getting at? Both of those numbers are fucking pathetic, and the Switch has an install base nearly nearly 4 times bigger than the WiiU. It flopped hard twice.

He desperately wants his coomershit to "own" the people on Yea Forums that want actual gameplay in their video games to justify the fact he spent money on a censored anime titty game for his waifu.

>Game title literally says Shin Megami Tensei P3 Persona3
>ET NAWT SMT REEEEEEEE

Maybe I would buy games if they weren’t censored.
Ever thought about that?

Where? My copy doesn't say it.

Attached: p3jp.jpg (1500x1500, 305K)

that came out after tokyo mirage sessions

Because it betrayed everyone and it unironically causes people to get mad so is the perfect bait.

Except for where it says Shin Megami Tensei right?

He's using fake numbers to pretend that the Switch version sold more to imply that censorship doesn't impact sales.

Attached: 32-SMT3-0343.jpg (640x480, 28K)

see

>Barely sells 5k more on the switch to the Wii U
>Switch has sold almost 5x as many consoles as the Wii U
I wouldn't exactly count that as anything but a failure.

>39K
vs
>35K on a system everyone agrees is dogshit
Wow that's still really bad. I was hoping 100K easily just for rescuing it from the Wii-U, but I guess the chopped up version is something nobody is interested in. most of those 39K sales are probably people re-buying it so they don't have to use a wii-U to play.

>B-b-but the censorship!
What are you talking about? Both versions are censored.

>10x larger userbase
>5 more copies sold

Attached: reggie sad.png (353x401, 122K)

see

I'm actually curious on US only sales and JP only sales split instead of the combined amount.
I mean for the US there's no difference between WiiU and Switch version so it would probably have sold fine. I heard it was JP player who got anal about the censorship more.

35k is pretty damn bad in terms of a game's success, so censorship didn't do them any favors from the wii u era. switch numbers are just pathetic.

>i enjoyed the idolshit but I don't give a fuck about idolshit

Yeah, kinda funny how SMT is only on the EoP box...

Where's the new project?

>make a game that Fire Emblemfags and SMTfags hate
>it flops
>port the same game to a next console that has a significantly larger install base
>Fire Emblemfags and SMTfags still hate it
>it flops
Atlus should have ported over Nocturne instead.

Kinda funny how it's still referred to as a SMT game in japan.

It's not, but okay.

I know at least one person did.

>Atlus should have ported over Nocturne instead.
>a game that SMTfags claim to love to death but flopped

>>Fire Emblemfags and SMTfags still hate it
I'm both and I like it what's your next projection going to be?

I'm both and I hate it. What is your next defense going to be?

It is though.

Proof?

You're in the minority.

Why should I have to defend a video game to some retard when nothing I say will matter to you? You'll just spout the same dribble over and over and it will be a complete waste of time.

I still won't buy it, you can keep your pozzed garbage for yourself.

See
I'm not even the first person in this thread to say they like both

Yea Forums is still the minority on pretty much every opinion.

Proof?

The literal Japanese boxart I just posted?
or does that not count because you said so?

No it is not. It is referred to as a megaten game in Japan.

>its not on the cover so Japan must never refer to it as a SMT game
Nice proof retard.

It's more proof than you have at least.
Why should anyone believe your word over the fact the Japanese boxart doesn't have SMT in it?

Which is the same exact thing as SMT. SMT is just the international naming. Thanks for proving my point.

In that case, they would have called the project Megaten x Fire Emblem, and not specifically SMT x FE, even in the Japanese direct.

You just played yourself.

Attached: Demonee-Ho_Portrait.gif (128x128, 10K)

Maybe because in developer interviews they refer to it as a megaten game? Megaten = SMT but I'm sure you know that already genius

>Megaten = SMT
See

That's wrong though.

>You didn't buy it on WiiU
Yeah, because it was censored, you mouthbreather.

Are you retarded? In Japan they use shin megaten to refer to mainline (SMT1, 2, nocturne, strange journey, 4, 4:FINAL) games and megaten for spinoff games(Devil Survivor, DDS, Persona, ect). They are different terms there.

>difference of 4000

How the fuck is this a win? In what universe is this a good thing?

Attached: obama lol.jpg (306x317, 60K)

>project Megaten x Fire Emblem
They should have just called it Persona x Fire Emblem since that is what it turned out to be.

Look at their faces.
They're horrifying.

>I heard it was JP player who got anal about the censorship more.

They were pissed because Nintendo didn't disclosed it was going to be censored but until a month after preorders and pre-downloads had started.

39k is EXTRAORDINARILY terrible for a "big" game on a super popular platform

he's right though

>39k is an amount to brag about
Omega Labyrinth life have done over 50k on steam alone, and that's as niche as it can get.

Most paranoid post I've seen today

Nintendo had to send out an apology and issue refunds if I can recall and Nintendo hates shilling out refunds for anything. It was a total shitshow.

"Megami Tensei, marketed internationally as Shin Megami Tensei (formerly Revelations), is a Japanese media franchise created by Kouji "Cozy" Okada"
It only took a 5 second google search to confirm that you're a retard.

I'm interested in it so I just downloaded the fan translation of the Japanese version for the WiiU

It's an overblown issue and no one bought persona 5 to watch a couple gay clowns for a few minutes.

The first mainline game in the series didnt even have shin in its name.

LMAO

imagine getting owned by the ultra low budget honest-to-goodness anime boob game

Neither did the second.

>the people that complain about censorship don't buy censored games.

FTFY

>all the "well *I* liked it" posts ITT acting as though they're the rule

You're missing my point, possibly on purpose.

Explain why, if Japan solely uses SMT to reference the mainline SMT games and not all spinoffs like we do, that SMTxFE was still called SMTxFE when it was announced, and not Megaten as you say Japan uses for all spinoffs.

By your own logic, SMTxFE literally means "Mainline SMT and Fire Emblem"

The games based on the book? I don't even think Atlus acknowledges them anymore like P1 and P2.

I would've bought this TWICE if it wasn't censored, once on Wii U and once on Switch. They had two chances to get me to buy a copy but both were censored.
Why would you make an idol trash game, designed to appeal to otaku and weeaboos, then censor it beyond belief? It's not like John McAverage is suddenly going to become interested in this idol game just because it goes out of its way to avoid mentioning gravure at all costs. Yet I know there's a lot of people, myself included, that the game appealed to that didn't buy it due to the censorship.
And if you're saying the people complaining don't buy games, look at the Japanese reaction to the censorship, when they found out about it the Wii U version of TMS became the highest selling game on Amazon instantly because it was uncensored.

come to think of it, all of the switch's recent "big hitters" have been pretty shit for me
>luigi's mansion 3
canadian shit
>pokemon
gamefreak shit, haven't touched that series in years
>#FE
would have bought, but censored

at least there's animal crossing

>wikipedia
There's a reason why schools tell you not to use wikipedia for your sources, it's not 100% guaranteed to have the right information as any chucklefuck can modify wikipedia and add stuff in there that might be false.

Let me guess, Awakening is your first game, amiright?

Attached: 1571351496044.jpg (331x331, 63K)

I bought it

About 2 hours in I think? I like it well enough so far. Kind of jarring though how some things are translated, some aren't, some things are dubbed, some aren't, etc.

>but we take what we have
Switch owners in a nutshell.

i did

Not him, but if they didn't release TMS' numbers then the game is a flop then?

I don't know why this whole idol thing is made into such a big deal. I got it because it was an Atlus game with Fire Emblem characters and was satisfied with it. People are acting like there are frequent breaks in the story to pet your waifu and get into dance battles and prepare the next dance routine or some shit. But in reality, the idolshit is just a cover to go dungeon crawling.

Censorship in nintendo games was so fucking bad it pushed me over the edge into learning japanese. I been learning for about 3 years now and am able to play japanese video games.
>BUT MIRAGE IS CENSORED IN JAPANESE TO
and no one bought it.

>Announce that game is being made (most likely very quickly after the deal was struck due to how bad of shape the Wii U was in)
>Say fucking nothing for 3 years so fans have plenty of time to imagine what the game could be like
>Finally show it off
>Fans disappointed it didn't match their expectations
>Make it about a pretty niche subject, even in the jrpg fandom
>Piss off a large part of the remaining fans that would have bought it with a censored localization
>Port it to your way more successful console half a decade later
>Censor all versions this time and barely add anything new to it
It really seems like everything was working against this game at every step of the way.

Attached: 1377571613313.png (255x253, 5K)

Outselling the Wii U version with those Switch numbers isn't really anything to crow about. But hey, if you want to crow about it, you are free to.

But what you really should crow about is the miracle of the universe that is this version of Tiki.

Attached: 1580210290566.webm (1280x720, 1.51M)

>But in reality, the idolshit is just a cover to go dungeon crawling.
And also what the entire story is framed around. Tsubasa is annoying as fuck.

Ah, a real SMT game...

You don't give a shit about SMT you piece of shit liar.

>I love SMT
No you don't.

You are a fucking retarded aspie. Megaten is the over-encompassing franchise. SMT is the main line branch of the MegaTen franchise. Megami Tensei were the first two games, but are no longer made after they went ahead with Shin Megami Tensei I. Anything that isn't SMT I, II, if..., III, SJ, IV, and IV Apocalypse (maybe Nine) is a spinoff game in the MEGATEN franchise, but are not SMT games.

Kill yourself before you confuse anyone else you retarded monkey.

could have had a manakete girl idol group

Attached: 51771927_p0 tiki nowi english.jpg (707x1000, 184K)

you mean to tell me, a game on a popular system many own managed to outsell the same game on a console most people never even heard of? well I'll be dipped!