Infamous Second Son

First time playing this franchise, what am I in for?

Attached: 220px-Infamous_second_son_boxart.jpg (220x237, 27K)

Shit main character but a decently fun game

For the love of god don't start with that abortion of a game

1 and 2 are better, even Last Light is better than Second Son. The graphics are still amazing, sure, but the game isn't all that good

How is Second Son bad? 1 and 2 were crappy cover based shooters, Second Son actually lets you run around and free form a bit. And the powers are cooler, and the game doesn't look like dog shit either.

absolute cringe opinion, imagine thinking this garbage game is better than 1 and 2.

I liked it for what it's worth. Assuming you picked it up cheap it's a fun game you can finish in a weekend.
Prefer infamous 1 though, didn't play infamous 2; but this is decent.

I played this first and recently tried playing infamous 2 for the first time. 2 definitely has more soul but it felt pretty clunky. 2nd son has less soul with a shitty main character but the gameplay is polished pretty well but the open world is fairly boring. I like the powers you get in 2nd son but none of them come close to how cool the electric powers feel in 2.

Second son is the worst one

Lamest open world of this gen imo, but fun gameplay.

only one i ever played. it was fun enough. feels like a The Flash simulator mid game. you run down the highway and up building in super speed is pretty fun

A glorified tech demo with admittedly very fun gameplay.

I2 > I1 > First Light > Second Son

Second Son was the first Infamous game I preferred to be evil in. Great ending.

To me they threw too many powers at you especially toward the end of the game
Should have just kept it smoke and light and kept the others for new games down the road
Also the side missions are pretty bad
Main story wan't anything to right home about either
Game just felt rushed
Still love it though

What would you rate the game out of 10?

Really fun powers but the worst game in the series
Also there's zero fucking endgame and paper powers are locked behind some webpage bullshit

>and paper powers are locked behind some webpage bullshit

that no longer works

I wish you could use the rock powers in a New Game + mode.
Otherwise it's literally useless.

Just go play the first two man, Second Son isn't a good starting point and might taint your perspective of the series as a whole

Cole's whole thing was electricity and they took that to what was pretty much the limit in terms of the amount of bullshit you can do with that powerset

Second Son protag has "copy your powers lul" powers yet all the powers end up playing pretty much the same with slight variation, it's basically a single moveset with some Mega Man power-ups

How do you do it if the site is down?

Pretty good but...
>the you get the best powers from the cringest character
>You only get the final power set after the final boss so you shoot yourself in the foot by finishing all the districts before the end.
Just look up the cool back patches and just complete those

Slight disappointment because second son is based off the good ending of the 2nd game and mutants shouldn't exist. cole died for nothing

You should really play the games in order to fully appreciate them. None of them are bad despite what people might say about Second Son.

Downgrade in every single way from 2 except graphics

>shittier MC
>shittier story
>shittier powers including some that completely ruin the fun of traversal
>awful, boring enemies
>le edgy spray paint fight le power

In 2 you would be fighting a guy with a minigun in the streets while suddenly a bunch of literal monsters are exploding out of the ground and then suddenly ice Rhodesians soldiers and golems come in. In SS you just have the same identical cement police the entire fucking game, it's so boring. Sunset Overdrive is the only city sandbox game since inFamous 2 that actually captures the chaos you get from huge battles with three separate enemy factions, that's the kind of shit I want to see in an open world superhero game.

>anything to right home about
what did he mean by that?

Yeah.. never played 1 or 2. Got Second Son and the guy you play as is an insufferable cunt hole. Decent gameplay I guess.

Attached: 1581204988505.jpg (453x604, 65K)

Worst game.

Infamous 2 was absolute kino, I can't wait for it to be playable at 4k60fps on RPCS3 but that's gonna take a while. I wasted a crap ton of time making shitty levels in the level editor too, fun times.

Second son is garbage though.

you can't

So-so game with some neat power