How is it?

How is it?

Attached: 3574218-astral chain thumb.jpg (1214x933, 678K)

Good

Bad

I like the action and dislike the platforming. I'm only halfway through though.

Good enough that Snoys keep pushing the narrative that it will be ported to PS4/PS5, even though it never will be.

Honestly not good. The game forces you to constantly stop to do asinine investigations and the combat is relatively boring.

The duality of man

kinda bloated but ok
combat is too simplistic and you take way too long to get every legion
also near the end you get devil trigger

The second user is just an assmad legion dog.

Not all that great. It’s got good combat and interesting ideas, but it’s bogged down by a lot of pointless busy work and bad boss designs.

>combat is too simplistic
Eh, it gets better as you unlock more moves through upgrades

it's good but it's not the best platinum game

it seems that way at first but not really. legions have the same special moves, so you unlock the same 360 spin and back/forward attack

It’s closer to Okami than it is to Bayonetta, albeit has more engaging combat than Okami but nowhere near the depth of W101 or Bayonetta. It’s a fun time if you treat it like an adventure game like Okami but can get aggravating if you plan to pure S+ rank everything, not because of getting S+ rank itself, but how boring it can get to replay the game. Thankfully, the postgame is pretty meaty and even comes with a baller secret final boss so I say do that instead of going back to old missions.

Fun once you get used to the controls. Also aesthetic as fuck.

Mediocre and already forgotten.

Its fun, I like the world, characters and combat. Future police sim and all, has a sweet aesthetic and the characters wouldn't be out of place in Zetman which is my favourite manga of all time.
Plot could be better but it revels in how anime it is and you should too.
A solid 9/10, only because getting the best rating on the second bike section is way more trouble than its worth but if you want that sweet Pure Platinum rating you will run it into the ground.

Hope the sequel improves on things because as a story the game feel good, almost like playing through a 24 episode anime. In the best possible way.

Horrible framerate. Tons of great ideas and none of them execute like they should. Just feels like a misfire but it sold well so maybe a sequel could fix some problems. Music is fucking amazing.

this threads existence kinda disproves your claim.

It's fun. A little shallow though.

I wish it had more combat and less "police" work.

Incredibly good. I think it's the best Platinum game out so far

It won't even reach triple digit replies before dying even though the game is pretty new. Nobody cares about it, forgotten mediocre game.

I fucking love that almost every single chapter has one secret boss each at minimum, thats not the shit you usually see in modern games.

It's success doesnt stop existing just because you got triggered snoyflake.

Combat is fun but puzzle, exploration and platforming parts are too long

It's great. But just because it says Platinum doesn't mean it's a character action game. It's more of an ARPG of sorts.

I haven't played any Devil May Cry in a very long while, but isn't Devil Trigger much, much deeper than Astral Chain's Fusion? Fusion doesn't last long and it doesn't do much.

Devil Trigger is something of a meme with action games, most come with a super mode that you're unstoppable with or make you more powerful in.
God of War had Spartan Rage, Darksiders has Chaos/Reaper/Havoc forms, Bayonetta has that Umbran Climax or whatever and even Blades of Time had something like that.
But the most famous of them all is Devil Trigger, so its the one that gets name dropped, despite the difference most just say it as the catch-all super mode.

It's a solid 6.5 or maybe a 7. It's very stale in regards to how the combat actually works, but you can make it look flashy. The inputs are simple and there's literally no reason to style other than for the fun of it. The real issue is the god awful pacing and how mission structure works. They tried something different and it's pretty damn bad. If it was straight forward, I'd probably enjoy it more and give it a 7.5, maybe an 8.

Needs more Kyle in the sequel

Attached: 84FCB08D-87FE-419E-81C8-F6632B3945D8.png (474x1012, 159K)

It's fine.