Final Fantasy VII REMAKE

Was the demo really that hard? Or are the modern gaming "journalist" that inept?

Attached: 3634634623462346346.png (981x260, 38K)

Attached: 1582442547605.webm (1920x720, 2.87M)

>Kotaku
>wired
that tells me all I need to know about that soi faggot

Attached: CF1619D6-C02F-428C-9647-65CD46CD916D.jpg (882x1024, 82K)

>Chris Kohler is a video game journalist and editor

Maaaan.

Useless thread, everyone here knows FFVII Remake wasn't difficult at all unless you have problems processing more than one thing at a time or unable to read

Attached: 9F19643F31E644EA912ED03B6947E9E0.png (720x1016, 1019K)

It's literally as braindead as the original

>Kotaku

Attached: 1582635298475.png (200x200, 21K)

Based!

I played through that shit blazed out of my mind and still beat the boss in like 6 minutes

Do you need to make this thread every hour or something?

Is that why people are trying to force the narrative that it's deep and difficult by posting people who suck ass?

You do understand that throwing shit at someone without properly explaining it with gameplay isn't exactly good? It's not about a game being hard - it's about properly explaining how everything works, so not knowing doesn't somehow impact difficulty.

It was only hard for a second because Yea Forums told me it was mash square to win which isn’t the case

the game doesn’t even explain the different stances until after like 10 battles

They literally say to use lightning.

There's a big fuck off icon right there on the menu. You could just hit triangle and figure it out for yourself

I ended up taking a few minutes figuring them out for myself but it was just odd they threw you into the game and made you fight like I said 10 battles before “canonically” explaining the system

>game journos

Attached: re2-ign.png (1920x1051, 1.75M)

Why do all the enemies seem like massive damage sponges who barely fight back? Just to pad out the runtime?

soul/soulless

It's easy. They lit. tell you several times during the fight what the fuck to do and you have a lot of explanations and help during the demo to learn the combat until you reach the boss. They also throw more than enough healing items at you.
Faggots like that guy are the reason most games don't provide any challenge at all anymore.
Next he's going to complain that he needs to jump and run in Mario games because two options are too much.

>A million interlocking systems all thrown at you at once.

Attached: file.png (785x1000, 298K)

>Or are the modern gaming "journalist" that inept?

this

Why does FF7 remake look like some generic Unity action game?

I never played the original and I have a question about this game, I see a lot of praise for FFVII but from what I've see it's a linear game, like you can't come and go as you want like in Pokemon for example, is that really the case?
I don't want to play a linear RPG like that, I can't imagine it being fun

Attached: 1571091145230.jpg (462x500, 46K)

The remake will be casualized and linear as fuck to pander to normalfags.

Someone post the webm where the game gives you a warning if you go the wrong direction

This is basically kh2 engine.

That's what happens when you try to make a "pretty" game on hardware that can't handle it. It's the little details that you normally wouldn't notice if they happen from time to time, but in this game they happen all the time, and several at once so it gives of a cheap feeling. Smoke from the reactor being a still image, textures suddenly getting worse, hair works being disable at seemingly random occasions, shadows disappearing (and I'm not talking at the places where they're gone because of the lighting), etc.
Can't wait to see how fucked the overworld will be.

It's a cute game, but they were too ambitions, if you can call it that. They should have released the proper full version on next-gen consoles which don't hold it back.

Yes, it's quite linear.

I guess I won't be playing the remake then, thanks

Journalists want 'hold up while Troy Baker talks in a forest' games

Attached: 20130405EBERT_OBIT-slide-Z4UO-articleLarge.jpg (600x737, 75K)

The game tells you exactly what to do during the boss fight. What the fuck?

I walked in on my brother fighting the boss. He handed me the controller with his characters in red health and despite not knowing any of the controls I was able to beat it on normal

ok, go play red dead redepmtion

It definitely wasn't hard. But it does bring a lot of systems into play really fast, so I could see someone who's a casual having trouble wrapping their head around it at first.
A gaming journalist has no excuse, however.

Attached: 1551269113744.jpg (1024x762, 144K)

No thanks, I only play JRPGs