Start playing Guilty Gear you brainless cephalopod

Start playing Guilty Gear you brainless cephalopod

Attached: IMG_20200303_150150.jpg (2480x4384, 1.24M)

Other urls found in this thread:

gearnuke.com/interview-with-guilty-gear-series-general-director-daisuke-ishiwatari/
streamable.com/jjp93
youtube.com/watch?v=-awT54iKr30
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hasn't been good since ACR. Less depth than Tekken. No playerbase.

NO! I'm enjoying my stupidity!

Beating my meat

Attached: 1518082844890.gif (580x850, 840K)

I do. I play Elphelt.

Attached: doa.png (1169x799, 252K)

I used to play the shit out of GGXX back in the day at my friends place on pc

Attached: 1508156552322.jpg (550x550, 107K)

based

sake

Attached: 544da92d-a22f-4afd-9a70-4c37b34b663d.jpg (958x1200, 197K)

Milk

Attached: baiken 72.jpg (745x743, 140K)

stay mad, brain fag.

Will the new one have my tiddy chef?

>less depth than Tekken
>main complain is that the game is too deep and convoluted/complicated because of mechanic bloat

why not play kof or samurai shodown instead???

fluff

Attached: Baiken_by_Mebon.jpg (2324x2773, 1.48M)

Smol

Attached: EKE7yQSVAAAg8IN.jpg (810x1200, 170K)

Gonna wait until Strive. YRC's and whatever that stupid charging move is are fucking dumb mechanics and hopefully won't be in the next one.

Attached: 1537462250685.gif (1280x1405, 1.18M)

Attached: 1576473508227.png (696x500, 458K)

But I do
My favorite character is Venom

And?

Attached: 1561349242117.gif (800x450, 2.36M)

I'd have to be brainless to start playing a fighting game.

The fact that you confuse bloat with depth proves you're fucking brain damaged

Where's the shitty Capcom waifu crap?

LOL is that Angel in there? Meet me in some KOF XIV and I'll show just how hard she can beat the asshole out of you, faggot.

Attached: 1537377897658.gif (540x304, 911K)

How is the reaction to Strive these days?

Attached: InoWickedAlucard.png (700x990, 404K)

Literally why?
Rev2 is dead and abandoned and never going to actually be completed with broken roster of S+ tiers and most of the iconic characters in Xrd are fucking garbage with the exception of Elphelt.

Strive is a watered down piss stain on the franchise that is all style and no depth. Everything about it is substantially slower and there's no difference in playstyle with most of the characters. The UI looks like trash and still hasn't even been remotely addressed and the dev team for it is confirmed to be a bunch of college grad newbies who have no idea what the fuck they're doing.

Seek help, coomer.

>the dev team for it is confirmed to be a bunch of college grad newbies who have no idea what the fuck they're doing.
where did you get this info?

gearnuke.com/interview-with-guilty-gear-series-general-director-daisuke-ishiwatari/

>Team Red worked on XRD and Team Red is now working on New Guilty Gear. Is it the same individuals from that Team working on it or is it a new team?

So with the exception of Sakamura-kun, there is a quite a shift in the teams as well because as you know we develop Granblue Fantasy: Versus as well as Dragon Ball FighterZ so with those, a lot of the people who have the know-how from the XRD team moved into those teams to kind of spread their knowledge and then give those games its look. So Team RED actually has a lot of new members with the exception of Sakamura.

Generally disdain and most of the people who were already in the GG community before it's announcement just want to forget it exists.

Seek Denda Mydick faggot

Attached: Dk5s7WoV4AAEzqD.jpg (903x1200, 155K)

ishiwatari's new music album is gonna be cool. the game might be cool if they fix basically everything, but idk if they will

Drop the amputee whore.

I wonder how hopeful people are now of that interview where they said they might still do a rev3.

Attached: f5214b50d85c474568f888dc09f73c20.jpg (800x1068, 99K)

thanks for the link. knowing that gives me even less hope for strive

Never

Attached: __baiken_guilty_gear_xrd_and_etc_drawn_by_dandon_fuga__ec1e502133c10c9b484bfc22e82f4c5a.jpg (850x1244, 687K)

>Hokuto no Ken will never get a remaster with Xrd/Strive visuals and good old imba gameplay kept mostly intact sans a few Jagi buffs, he really really needs them
why should i bother with GG if it won't make arcsys remaster my favorite old games?

Where is Filia?

>SEGA keep putting VF and Virtual On in Yakuza
>They didn't put Hokuto no Ken in the Hokuto Yakuza game despite publishing it back in the day
What a disappointment

xrd on switch when

licensing expires for a reason

not sure I follow. Which part of this interview is it mentioned they brought a bunch of straight-out-of college newfags?

>broken roster of S+ tiers
If you think the best characters in Xrd are broken then you've never played a game with a broken character before. Johnny's the best character in the game and you often don't even see him in top 8s in tournaments unless Omito's playing, if he were broken he'd be all you ever see and if the game were so poorly balanced you wouldn't see as many Axls or Potemkins as you do.

As for Strive's dev team, it's not a bunch of new staff. There's a lot of new staff on it, but all of the leads are people who worked on Xrd and XX, we won't know the staff exactly until the game comes out, but we know that Daisuke, Akira Katano and Hidehiko Sakamura are all still in leading positions, as they were for previous games. Beyond that, when Daisuke's talking about staff having moved around since Xrd he says it was done for the sake of letting DBFZ and GBVS have the same style as Xrd, which clearly isn't an issue for Strive anyway given we can already see it has the same style, which is also likely why he said "with the exception of Sakamura" considering Sakamura's an art director. The staff moving around wasn't so they could pull in a bunch of people who have never worked on a game before, it was so their other games could have the same visuals as Xrd, and staff moving around for that sake was something that was known about before Strive was even announced.

funny how all the bullshit blazing threads died so fast

ITT: GOOBERS
streamable.com/jjp93

>Cephalopod
>Brainless

B U T T

S
L
U
T

why did she did this

Attached: I-No_win.gif (369x309, 71K)

lmao my ramlethal would wreck your shit bitch

How she gonna wear bikini when she doesn't has right arm?

Everyone with a brain realized that was PR talk to calm down veteran players.

naw, fighting games arent my thing

based on my experience on Yea Forums the only people who care about gg are brainless coomers who just want to dump baiken pics after they suddenly found out she was their waifu when she got big tits

Why did she do that? She's sexy and likes it in the ass.

Dropped it after Xrd was a mess. FUCK ARKSYS

>Johnny's the best character in the game
That's weird though, he sucked ass in all his previous appearances, and in Xrd he's stupid good, despite still being pretty much the same.

those thighs though

Attached: 1534191814764.jpg (900x1248, 130K)

The ironic part is that 5 out of those 10 are actually some of the most difficult characters in their respective games.

double OTG coin and the new 2h does that to a man

Kikuko Inoue is a miracle

>no you cant enjoy masturbation!! What about my nofap pseudoscience bullshit!!

whats the point everyone is just gonna move to babygear once it releases

Is there even people playing ac+r? I tried looking for a match but i got jack shit.

Attached: A9852167-4582-40E2-9E7A-60329B95607D.jpg (800x1227, 221K)

He did get pretty significant changes compared to XX, but mostly it's just the way the game changed around him. Johnny is just extremely consistently good at things that Guilty Gear characters want to be doing and most of the rest of the cast doesn't get to go as wild as they did in previous games so massive mist canceled plus normals, huge damage, simple but strong setplay and good conversions+knockdown off every hit are just plain good guilty gear.

Luckily, he's actually pretty demanding to play that consistently, not just in terms of fairly difficult execution and lots of character specific stuff, but because he's a character that relies on you making the right decision every time. If you get someone locked down in the corner and get to mist cancel half screen normals all day you're smiling, but if you make a bad callout or don't read their jump attempt and whiff suddenly you can't cancel and have to sit through the entire recovery animation, and once he's on the back foot his only real reversal is super or blitz. Basically he's the best character in the game as long as you're Omito, but almost nobody is.
I'd much rather fight the average Johnny than the average Venom.
Not really, and the netcode sucks. Unironically you're probably better off using steam remote play or something if you can find someone who wants to play.
Everyone is just waiting to see if anything comes of that rollback caster project after some new people picked it up. It does still seem to be getting commits on github so it's not dead in the water yet.

They are lol

Ok, where do I start from?

Xrd Rev2

>Want to play
>No one in spicland does
Feels bad

Guess i'll stick with training and Vs. CPU for a while until something happens.
I tried Parsec but that shit is just as dead as the online lol.

Attached: 1532291235463.jpg (1074x1485, 621K)

I would if it wasn't completely fucking dead on PC.

Shit is more alive on switch lol

I can't, nobody plays it anymore, something about XRD feels off to me and ACR is completely dead on steam. Also my irl friends don't like fighting games so I can't even do that.

>CSR

Attached: IMG_20200303_150212.jpg (2480x4361, 1.48M)

This pic would be awesome, if it weren't for that gross sausage casing filled with lard the artist drew for a "foot"... What a disaster... :(

they surely will fix Strive won't they, bros?
Xrd is my favourite fightan of all time. there's no way Granblue and UNI will fill the hole

Attached: 1.png (530x750, 208K)

didn't they say the base game will be 14 characters only?

>Kusogear
No thanks

No, the netcode sucks. I'm playing KI instead.

Attached: 57351549870e4f4bb8c0a52f3f0f745d.jpg (1000x1500, 171K)

>no heterochromia
SHIT, SHIIIIIIT

LOL, no. Guilty gear is trash.

>shitty setplay simulator
>playerbase of 35 year old stoners, woke trannies, kappa, and pretenders that just want to fap to baiken pics
>awful netcode that got worse since sign
>setplay setplay setplay setplay
>got made more unbalanced every patch
>did I mention setplay
>updates
>setplay
>playerbase is tiny
>people constantly pretending to play this turd because it has a reputation of being "hardcore" to Yea Forums and /r/kappa
>mechanics bloat, useless mechanics that make the game more convoluted while adding no depth

I will not play your garbage setplay sim. Have a horrible day, sir.

Attached: dozens.gif (385x215, 1.73M)

They said nothing about the roster size.

I don't think Strive will be as bad as people are suggesting it to be, but not as good as you may hope for it to be. I think the best thing that could realistically happen is it will make for an alright foundation that they'll improve on in further iterations.

Attached: 8559ed3ca7f3c0ba385b8ceae2f130b1.jpg (433x650, 37K)

What is she?

A witch

A metal witch

Attached: I-NOGameFile.png (1176x1764, 2.15M)

spending half of your time studying matchup theory =/= depth

She's a construct made from the Backyard formed from the people's collective desire to be saved during when the Gears were fucking everything up.

Supposedly she reflects every color depending on the angle.

Attached: 1490727442759.jpg (627x659, 41K)

a time travelling anomaly in the form of a slutty and sadistic rock and roll witch

>People's collective desire is a smoking sexy metal witch

Objections?

it's pretty much all of my desires in one so it's not wrong desu

hey don't blame me, mine is axl

I don't think she was originally a sexy witch, I think she just started acting like one when she became a bitch. That's just my assumption though.

Stop telling me what do you simpanzee kike keyboard warrior

Attached: 1549173428478.png (800x1000, 1.16M)

Attached: file.png (1395x565, 68K)

Ky is the gigachad of Guilty Gear.
>legendary war hero when he was a teenager
>elected best king of a three king nation
>wife is a child who cooks a great meal, takes dick like a champion, and nukes cities
>the strongest guy ever is terrified of him

Attached: _20190506_195957.jpg (1200x1012, 365K)

PFFFT they really named their supernatural subdimension...the "Backyard"?!
PFFFT HAHAHAHA, "BACKYARD!" And what do they call the transdimensional portal to get there? The Driveway?! HAHA HOLY SHIT...please, tell me the deep & serious lore about The Sidewalk! Ohhhhh, FUCK!

Attached: 1571505540205.jpg (900x900, 365K)

His wife is not a child, she's just not human. Gears age faster than humans and become adults faster than humans. Also Leo and Daryl are far better kings, everybody knows that.

based axlbro

Attached: GRANDVIPER.gif (868x359, 1.65M)

Well, a lot of the characters, concepts, and names are based on hard rock and metal music, so I just assume the name came from a band or album.

depth and complexity are different things. tekken has both

This is a pretty sweet post.

Attached: 1576276449558.jpg (720x703, 252K)

accurate, but add chun-li in there.

Was Team Red trying to convey some kind of message when they made the female side of the cast considerably more annoying than the male side?

im playing ac + on my ps2, alone

The netcode in AC+R is so bad that even the character select screen feels like you're playing underwater.

8 year olds, dude.
Also if Leo and Daryl are better kings why is Ky the High King?

Attached: 4.jpg (1200x1714, 313K)

>TFW never played any of them

What's the "Street Fighter II" of GG or a good game to get into it?

She's just airing the tits out. Leather is uncomfortable and makes boobs sweat more.

the input lag on the fucking css of all things is hilarious

Attached: Baiken_by_SessionZer0..jpg (2000x1600, 462K)

>Also if Leo and Daryl are better kings why is Ky the High King?
Becuase Illyria's not a meritocracy; it caters to those who coast through life with their God-given grinder oki alone.

The franchise is called guilty gear because the protagonist is a gear who feels guilty/is partially guilty of the whole mess the series is about.

The transition from Ky's sweet smile to Dizzy getting fucked hardcore always cracks me up.

I'd say GGX2#R is probably the best classic game, but most people play GGX2AC+R because it's the newest of the older games.
But just play Rev2, man.

Attached: Ggxxacplus_mm_21.jpg (893x693, 535K)

The "Street Fighter 2" would probably be AC+R, though it might be more appropriate to compare +R to Third Strike, but if you want to actually play against other people you should just play Rev 2. It's playerbase has been dwindling a bit these days, but you can still find people to play, also I feel like, despite the dwindling playerbase, there are more new players in the past few months than there are normally. That's just in my experience though.

>someone gets it
My bro. I post it not because it is hot (it is) but because it's really funny.

Attached: snipsnip.png (620x877, 729K)

I think it's people who were waiting for Strive to get into Guilty Gear deciding it isn't what they were waiting for, so they're just playing Xrd finally
I might get back into it for that reason at least, I'm not seeing anything that indicates Strive is going to have a character for me

I'd attribute it more to people thinking they'll have a leg up in Strive if they play Xrd now, but it probably has something to do with Strive regardless.

I'm ok with this.

Attached: CrIg4LDVYAEDXgb.jpg (600x800, 133K)

Looking forward to it. Ignore doomsayers. The game looks great and the gameplay from arcrevo looks better than what we saw previously, so it's clearly improving based on feedback. The airdash change is really good, not sure why Mays is so slow but everyone else's is really quick and not the "quick time event" it was shitposted to be. They fixed the gattling changes a bit so pressure is more varied and not P four times. It's very obvious the game has plenty of depth, and all the pro players that went to play the game at arcrevo said the game is pretty complex and really hard. Actual valid complaints like the UI and barcode still need to be fixed, but they've reiterated every interview they're changing the ui. Hopefully they'll change the netcode as well, but it won't be a complete deal breaker, just unfortunate. If anyone has actual complaints feel free to post them, but shit like "gg is doomed" and "this is not gg" are reactionary shitposting. It's okay if you don't like the new game as much as old ggs, it's definitely walking in a new direction so sticking to the old games like xrd and +r is fine, but it is not the death of the franchise twitter fearmongers want you to believe.

Attached: chad kaid.jpg (125x125, 2K)

No.

fighters connections are ass and yrc can go to hell.

i am interested in the new one but it will probably die in my region just like the other so ill get whatever final version they release in 3 years at a discount.

welp. guess ill take strive off the list then.

>cephalopod
god, i wish.

i dont know. as a big tekkenfag GG seems like the most daunting series to get into that isnt a hyper fighting tag game. id buy it just to try cool characters like pic related and elphelt but dont want to spend $30+ for a game where discord is the only constant way to get matches

Attached: jacko(ff).jpg (1280x720, 113K)

Yrcs and Blitz shield(assuming this is what you're reffering to) are out. That guys just shitting you. It has FRC instead.

I have never used discord to find games and I've been playing GG since Rev 2 came out. I will say that the playerbase has died down recently, though I still don't think I would need discord to get a game, but even jsut a few months ago I could have said with 100% certainty that I could get a game if I went online into a public lobby. I probably still could, but I'm not as confident in it as I was not too long ago.

Strive doesn't have FRCs, it has its own RCs. They're all different from FRCs, YRCs, RRCs and PRCs, even the ones that are similar to one of those.

Aren't the new blue RCs executed similarly to FRCs? Or am I talking out of my ass. I'm just going off of what people who played the demo say.

What the fuck happened to /ggg/
Last I went there an Australian was shitting up the general and now it has completely morphed into something else and they even made a circlejerk discord

Is Strive really that bad

Attached: 1564531468414.png (1280x720, 1.11M)

I don't know anything but at this point every general has a discord

I'm not sure how I feel about Strive yet, I haven't played it but I'm super skeptical about a couple things
Air blocking for free looks whack, blocked anti airs don't even give you pressure since they seem to knock back almost full screen and there's no jump cancels to pursue
AFAIK none of the demos have touched the gatling system, it's still only into specials or certain command normals. Hard to say how it will actually affect pressure until we know the framedata, but it definitely significantly changes how you approach blockstrings, and I personally prefer cancel based pressure where most normals are - if not cancelled to more traditional framedata based block interactions.
The moveset gutting is absurd, particularly for May. She's 1/3 the character she is in Xrd, which bodes terribly for the other more complex characters.
Every corner combo being a side dust "just do your strongest move 4 times" is boring as hell for how often it looks like it will happen.
The focus on risc is interesting but I don't like how it centralizes mixups on 5D, which they buffed in general. One button mixups are dull.

There are some interesting ideas, I like everything I've seen about the new RCs, and I actually really like the concept of wall breaking although I think it needs to do something more interesting than just reset to neutral and give a meter buff.

I think I can see what Daisuke is going for, but I'm not sure they're going about it in the right way, and I'd have much preferred they use a new IP for their wild experimentation, and then they could go even more crazy.

All I wanted was Xrd with some of the stupider stuff removed and another option or two on defence. Xrd is great but has some dumb flaws that don't need to exist, like mash out of stagger, no hold to tech, unnecessarily strict reversal timings and variable wakeups and a bunch of character specific nonsense, and I'd love to play that. That's what I was hoping for, not an entirely different game.

as long it doesnt have yrc it will be fine

haven't been to /ggg/ in a while
when's the new info?

Attached: 2020.webm (1264x711, 3M)

The blue RCs are most like Xrd's YRCs, they're just an RC performed in neutral. They differ from YRCs in that they cost more and they have a slowdown effect on the opponent, which I think every new RC aside from the defensive one has. That second change is a significant chnage from YRCs though because I believe it should make YRC projectile a lot weaker than it is in Xrd. The thing that seemed most like FRCs is the new RRC, which is like Xrds RRC but with the general changes to RCs in Strive like the slowdown and the ability to shift yourself in any direction, but you can also cancel the slowdown and immediately go into a special move, which looks similar to an FRC because it's just an immediate cancel with no slowdown. I'm not sure why you would ever want to do that, but there it is. I'm sure some use for it will become clear when people have their hands on the game.

Nobody makes lobbies there anymore and they don't have anything to talk about because of how spaced out Strive info is, and how it only brings on despair whenever Strive info does crop up. Similar situation to /blaz/ but without the Weissposter.

March 22nd, although they were supposed to show something at Brussels Challenge and the event was cancelled, so who knows what they'll do about that. I imagine they'll just upload the trailer to their channel like they would have done anyway without showing that trailer at an event. It'll be two trailers at least, I think they should have just shown one in February and one in March, but it's done now.

>Hard to say how it will actually affect pressure
I was really worried about blockstrings, but I will say that the footage at JAEPO alleivated my worries at little. For Chipp at least, I thought the blockstrings looked fine, if the rest of the cast could get something similar to how he was being played there, I think I could be happy with that.

>Elphelt

LEAVE HER OUT OF IT SHE HAS A COOL GUN AND HER HEAVY SLASH IS JUST HER BUSTING A CAP

>went there just to see what's good
>everyone is paranoid over discord
lmao

The Australian is based as fuck though, he makes /ggg/ seethe

No one really plays any more
Tournaments died off
There's a ton of shitposting going on, when new players turn up idiots start namedropping them etc. Any one tries to do anything the shitposters appear
The thread is a husk of its former self

The majority of the posts that one mentally ill retard replies to with "ANUS" isn't even the Australian (and imo he's more annoying than him). There's either one or a few crazies shitting up the thread constantly

Sol badguy is my favorite fighting game character

Attached: 1583098735211.png (542x524, 504K)

May I agree with, she got shafted really hard. The rest of the characters seem fine, on the move department, with only a couple signature things missing like Sols dragon install, which I expect them to add eventually. Hopefully.
I'd watch the arcrevo finals, the fafnir 4x loop has since been removed, and there's plenty of varied and interesting combos in the corner, the coolest being Chipps wall climb combos on Sol after the command grab RC. There's plenty of combos out there to see, and Chipp even has a corner to corner 6 hit combo before they touch the wall off counter hit. I wish I had webms to post. Also a lot of the mixups can be rough, you mainly need to use meter to get some of the crazy ones, but utilizing the RC drift and blockstun extension you can get some good shit. They've made literally everything about the new RC system and the mixups are no exception.
I have a lot of hope for the game, and it's definitely improving between versions. Watch Arcrevo and listen to what Xrd players have to say for it, most of what they say is pretty positive, and watching people who know what they're doing helps a lot.

But that's who I main with in GG, alongside Dizzy and Jam.

ANUS...

I have mixed feelings on what they've done with Chipp because he looks like he might be the most fun, but he also looks too different from what I think of Chipp as being. I feel like they tried to take parts of Answer and put them into Chipp which I really don't like, I love Answer, but I would rather the two remain distinct from each other. It only hurts Answer's already small chances of returning if they make the two similar too, and I really want him to return.

Baiken with Parries or Baiken with Guard Cancels?
Which one would work best in Strive?

Attached: 22d69d5a6679e9431413bf9d7d99f04a.jpg (1106x2048, 193K)

I don't know which would work best, but I think they will give her parries if she's in it.

Baiken not being in the game because they'd fuck her up as much as they did in Xrd.

As an answer main myself I'm with you, it's a bit unfortinate. At least it gives me a good excuse to go back to rev 3 or whatever they do.

Baiken is fine in Xrd, some of her new tools are great

Based and DIpilled

I'll wait till strive, I don't think I try s worth it to start on Xrd at this point

The game is fun and can be got pretty cheap, no reason not too you'll get a good few months out of it

good idea, xrd is pretty dead now and strive is going to be a lot different

She'll have a counter, parries are too complex

>mfw in the end of Strive's story mode some timetravel shenanigas will happen and it will lead to Blazblue

Attached: 1451582242561.gif (200x189, 799K)

That would be retarded.

Base game plus the upgrade to rev 2 is like 50 bucks. Its not that cheap and I'm already playing 2 other fightan

That's what I heard, especially on pc

GG's story went into retarded territory a long, long time ago

TY bros, gonna check wich ones can my potato PC run lol

It's not that retarded though.

I bought Guilty Gear X2 #Reload cause it was cheap a while back. Does anybody have a "quick rundown" image on getting good? I havent fucked with fighters in a long time.

Check Dustloop, though they have more information on XRD Rev 2 and AC+R.

rev 2 can run on toasters if you download a special config ini that's on the steam forum.
My toaster can run the game pretty smoothly thanks to that ini file

Attached: 7c6d6a39-5b12-4fd6-8310-f52374379bc1.jpg (723x1023, 163K)

he can still use some of dustloop's articles to understand a bit more the mechanics of the game.
GameFAQs probably has some guides, i remember reading a Millia one back then that helped me getting into X2

Thanks for the links. Fighting games are pretty intimidating for me, so to have some knowledge beforehand makes the nerves shrink. Any tips for a newbie to Guilty Gear with some general fighting experience?

prepare yourself mentally for retardedly fast speeds

get used to the movement first and practice the basic moveset of the character you're gonna use
try to memorize a simple combo you can use as your main combo
watch youtube matches to see how your character plays and what you can add to your gameplan
playing against cpu isn't recommended but it can help you play and try what you have learned against pressure from the opponent
You're gonna lose a lot but try learning from those mistakes
and play atleast everyday if you wanna get good

Attached: 045bfcb9-de43-410c-9da7-860ca425ccbe.jpg (1280x1807, 488K)

Based Bea poster. At this point i really wanna see an actual new character though. Where is that robo-samurai nigga?

I’ve been interested in getting into Rev2 because I bought it on sale a while back, but it’s dead on PC and I don’t have any friends who play it.

Where are you from? It's most certainly not dead in the usual regions

Central US. I’ve tried a few times, but could never seem to find many people. Also, most of them were way above my skill level to the point where it wasn’t really fun.

>You're gonna lose a lot but try learning from those mistakes
You fuckers always say this shit, when in reality new players get combo'd to death on one whiff punish. The only time this statement is actually true is when you play with people near your skill level. A new player getting stomped by some fucking dork whose been playing the series since its inception, coupled with the expected god-awful online environment is not a good way to gain experience.

There are usually regional Discords you can ask for matches in, most afternoons and evenings have lobbies up too
If nothing else, you can host your own lobby and people usually join

Getting your shit kicked in can go on for months depending on how good the people you play with are, but as long as you're working out why that is and what you can do about it, maybe even asking for feedback, you'll eventually improve faster than you would learning bad habits against people who are as clueless as you
Raw playtime isn't really as important as using your time efficiently, but if you're not willing to lose constantly for the sake of having a good time at the end of it all, that's your choice

>shitch
no thanks I enjoy my games not having their quality compromised to make half a buck on shit hardware for babbys.

He should try to find new players to play with instead of looking for anyone that might be a veteran at the game, I know GG is infamous for having too many vets stomping on newcomers, but he doesn't miss anything looking for newbies to play with.
Even if he ends fighting someone way better than him, he can still put what has he learned so far and try atleast to win a round.

Thanks. Besides Dustloop, where can I find some good guides on the basics and character specifics?

Basics depends on whether you're new to fighting games as a whole or just Guilty Gear

Characters have specific Discords (Discords are a common theme for learning fighting games in general, you'll notice) within which they link to all sorts of resources
Some characters have more, some less, if yours has less just ask the people in the server
You can find them with little searching

Alright, nice. I’m not a total beginner with FGs, but I’m not exactly good at them either.
Now just to put in the time to figure out which characters I like.

novriltataki's guilty gear crash course on youtube is good and it also has a good order for learning basics

Thanks

Is there any character is GG who has big ass normals I can poke with, make them back off, then unga bunga them to death?

Attached: 1cddf071-f6f7-4b25-8627-2da29b3265b8.jpg (524x523, 74K)

Stop worrying about winning or losing.
Land a single anti air against someone better than you can call that a win.
Block one mixup and be happy about it. If you're getting whiff punished, look at what button you hit and when and try to do that less.
The next day convert that anti air into a short combo, block something and find a gap to up back IAD out. Unless you have literally 0 idea what you're doing, in which case go back to the tutorial or training mode or watch some youtube videos or whatever, you should have enough basic ability to not do literally nothing every game.
Sometimes you will just get hit at round start and then perfected, it happens even at high skill levels. Look at what you did and what they did and adjust so that it doesn't happen next round.

Obviously it's great if you can find people on your level to practice with. Often you won't be able to. Even in the SFV thread there's a guy complaining about how everyone else in Bronze is too good for him to learn to DP against. Getting your shit kicked in by people way better than you is still better than sitting in training mode for 100 hours and never playing a real person, and in smaller games those are often your only options.

He's coming back, right?

Attached: roboky-chairfix.jpg (843x1200, 332K)

>big ass normals
Sin
>unga bunga
Slayer, Leo

Probably, Daisuke said he was the next returnincg character he wanted to add a bit after Rev 2 came out, and based on his comments from that time I'd say Strive was already in development.

That's like half the characters in the game.
And the only reason it isn't everyone is because only half the characters have big ass normals

You'd probably like Sin though.

I love these two.
And yet neither of them will ever show up in a game again.

Attached: GUILTY.GEAR.full.2026646.jpg (1162x1500, 1.13M)

>Getting your shit kicked in by people way better than you is still better than sitting in training mode for 100 hours and never playing a real person
I hit 50 hours if I combine both +R, Xrd Sign and Rev2. It's honestly not that bad.

interest in the game had been fading for a while. Everyone was waiting for some kind of news to bring it back to life, but everything about strive wound up being a massive disappointment to everyone that loved the series and only shitposters remain in the thread now.

>I hit 50 hours if I combine both +R, Xrd Sign and Rev2
I hit over 100 hours of SFV in the first two weeks I had it through mostly just training mode, 50 hours is nothing for a fighting game. That's barely getting the feel of the game honestly.

I never said it was a lot, just that fighting against CPUs can be fun.

>that feel when I'm a total shitter at fighting games but love GG because of the music, characters, and story
While people sperg over shitty Strife gameplay I'm over here wondering what happened to my nigga Faust.

Attached: __jack_o_valentine_and_raven_guilty_gear_and_guilty_gear_xrd_drawn_by_sausages_sall__6ca89b740f2842c (1237x1051, 182K)

>Finding new players
>In a 3yr old niche fighting game
Heh.
Getting one anti-air off in one game and then proceeding to get stomped the rest of the night isn't good enough. Not everyone wants to spend hours upon hours in practice mode figuring out the best response for every possible situation. Some people just want to hop on for a 30min, fight someone at their skill level and log off.
There also people who are used to most games having good online since 2007 and then they hop into a fighting game with online that feels like it's from 2001. That shit is incredibly demoralizing.

It never was good.

Yeah guilty gear is surprisingly good to play casually because the story is funny and the AI is fun to fight.

>Not everyone wants to spend hours upon hours in practice mode figuring out the best response for every possible situation
Luckily that's the literal exact opposite of that advice. Spend almost all your time in real matches, even if you're getting shitstomped, and enjoy the successes you do make.
If you want to get into an oldass niche game like AC you need to develop that
>Yeah I died eventually but did you see that where I blocked for like 15 seconds straight and didn't flinch once, fuck I'm slick
mentality.
If you can't, don't bother. Just run through the arcade mode once or twice then go play GBFV or DBFZ

Fighting games have had some memorable classics, especially Capcom ones, but not enough to make me want to listen to them outside of the game the way GG did.

Attached: Guilty Gear XX (The Midnight Carnival) (Original Soundtrack).jpg (1080x1080, 945K)

>Yeah I died eventually but did you see that where I blocked for like 15 seconds straight and didn't flinch once, fuck I'm slick
Problem is, that mentality doesn't last forever. You'll eventually want to start fighting back, but whenever you do, you just end up getting annihilated. I've been playing BBCF for the past 2 or 3 months and I'm lucky if I win even just round. At the beginning I was satisfied with getting a combo off, but I eventually started to get frustrated over the horrible online and almost non-existent players that consist of people with 8000+ matches and I've just hit 500 matches recently, on one character.

KI's is near the same level, I think
youtube.com/watch?v=-awT54iKr30
Especially the mick gordon era, although celldweller did a solid job

post millia

ok pivotranny

I legitimately spent a year listening to nothing but GG music. It pretty much shaped what my current tastes in music are.

I think GG looks great, but it doesn't seem like it has enough players for me to invest a ton of time into it.