Noita thread

Noita thread
How to make it fun edition

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/0tRD29i
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

be creative

That's the thing, this game isn't. I consistently get to the hisii base but then my characters dmg drops off so much it's impossible. You get the same garbage rock wands over and over again. Literally every run feels the same.

ITT PLEBS GET FILTERED
if you were good youd actually reach the fun wands, what a shame

nerf lightning

Attached: 64px-Spell_lightning.png (64x64, 1K)

>he uses rock wands in hiisi base
how much of a pleb can you be? just find a fast casting wand and fill it bouncy bolts

If you properly explore the first two areas you mostly get more than you need. Also lightning fucks destroys anything there (often including the player) because of the metal walls.

lightning is too overpowered, if you arent a retard like OP you can finish the game everytime you find lightning

always start with
>speed x2
>edit anywhere
>swim and breathless
>vampirism (see below)

5x inventory

better vampirism
>edited to drink things EXTREMELY FAST

as someone who's played and beaten vanilla noita many times - you'll never go back

explore level 1 for a basic bitch shooting wand (and max hp)
go left and explore fungal cavern on level 2 for a good wand base and some spells to put in it
if you still need shit or are strong enough anyways go left again in level 3 to the dark temple and hunt for the wands there. Watch out though, they're usually pretty good at killing you.
If you live life on the edge (or have melee immunity) go right in jungle and fight the boss worm for a health up and a good wand.

As for what actually counts as a good wand, you can figure that out yourself. But a few tips: machine gun type wands fall off around jungle without good modifiers and multicasts. Dangerous but good spells are still good without resists, you just need to be careful and carry a second wand for melee. A good digging wand is usually a good melee wand too. If you get a wand full of magic missiles or some other limited use spell, don't get hung up on the limited uses part of it; 100+ casts is more than enough to get through each level.

Get the 'starting items' mod and start with an extra 50 hp and pretend the guaranteed HP bonus orbs available by running all over the map dont exist.

I often kill myself up with lightning if I don't have any defensive options, it's incredibly strong.

This is simply false. Most of the times I don't even buy shit because it's all useless. Rock spells, vertical wall spells, some shitty spark bolt with timer spells. And the wands are exactly the same. Every run basically.

mad cuz bad
MAD CUZ BAD

Wow! Very useful advice! If only there was a sure way to get lighting and not rely on RNG mechanics that attract braindead retards like you!

Thanks good tips, I mostly stuck to the right or center of the map. I'll check it out.

Take your meds.

idk user you seem to be the only one struggling here

then how come others managed to pass hiisi base let alone finish the game when you only get trash

>i don't like RNG
what the fuck are you doing with roguelites on your PC you fucking retard
>hurr i don't want to pay attention to drafting and wheel softeness but i wanna win this driving sim

You imbecile tell me exploring properly is not true at all but when someone tells you what you'd find when you'd explore properly you tell him it's a good tip. Just use a guide, you retard.

You know you can find good wands you don’t have to buy them, go to the fungal caverns scrubadub

Lightning is an easy win, but we all know that in terms of fun
>Giga dick projectile > lightning

Attached: noita-20200303.webm (1280x720, 2.44M)

why are you playing noita if you dont like RNG? also almost everytime you go past hiisi base/jungle you find lightning/magic missile/trigger bolt it seems you just suck at video games

>THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE GAME UR JUST BAD

defense force posting at its worst. the wand lottery is absolutely a problem in this game.

sweatingman.jpg

it's a roguelite. that's a major part of the gameplay loop

stop

its a shame that all the 'secrets' in this game are pretty much only obtainable by cheating. potion ingredients being completely random and unknown is also stupid. there are like 200 different types of material in the game and you need three to make a potion.

it's a slot machine. that's a major part of the gameplay loop

stop

I'd say modding it to start with faster movement speed significantly improves the game. It's way too goddamn slow otherwise, because the first 2 areas are a bit of a boring slog and there's a good chance you never find an interesting wand there because it just decides not to spawn them.

Like, there's times I've found wands with 4 black holes in the first zone, or lightning in fungal caverns. Other times? I'll loot the entire fungal caverns and it's all 15 capacity shuffle wands with 5 second recharge, 8 mana recovery, and filled with spitter bolts with triggers and three-directional modifiers.

Honestly a good way might be to just look online for people who posted good seeds to put in one so that you can use that to not have trash wands littering your run.

>giga disk projectile + lightning trail
really fun
>tentacle + two speed boosts
this shit can 2 hit kill the last boss
t

There's tons of threads to be found describing this exact problem

Luck? Are you braindead?

I tried exploring, yet of course my char catches fire or some shit and there's no water anywhere int he map so you lose half your health. Not much exploring to do then is there?

Never been there, I got to some dragons egg or some shit but then I got softlocked and had to restart my game.

>yet of course my char catches fire or some shit

did you stop playing before they added a jug of water to your starter gear?

>he can't edit his wands
user...

Attached: 1BC2A0FB-FED4-4F34-85B0-6EC601C14314.jpg (400x400, 27K)

imo they need to rebalance a lot of the spells in this game, because 75% of them are garbage or super niche spells that are only helpful if you have wand editing.

>Luck? Are you braindead?
git gud
but yes the first 3 stages are full of trash spells with the a few nukes here and there
>yet of course my char catches fire or some shit and there's no water anywhere int he map so you lose half your health
git gud
>Never been there
git gud

>Got to dragon egg
>Can't get past Hiisi base
Only one of these can be true or you are confusing the vault with hiisi base. And learn how to craft efficient spell combos. Use Craft Wands Everywhere mod for easy mode if being limited to holy mountains is too hard for you.

>Giga disk with multicast
This man knows how to live dangerous.

if anything the perks are absolute trash
>glass cannon = any explosion spell kills you
>faster swiming
>bouncy spells
>vampirism
>oil/more blood
>more love/hatred
>worm attractor/detractor
>explosive bodies
>FUCKING TELEPORTITIS
you can easily finish the game with only resist perks, edit wands, double health, slime blood, all seeying eye

No but it's empty and there's no water in the map, only really far, but that defeats the purpose.

I can, but the starter wand is the best up to hisii most of the time. No spread, quick shooting. What am I to do with rock spells or whiskey mist spells?

I went past it with invis, then I got teleported somehow and added up at the egg.

Shurikens are great for Hisii Base, especially with homing shots.

Attached: 20200302222143_1.jpg (1920x1080, 198K)

>Vampirism
>More Blood
>More Hatred
>Trash
user, what have you been smoking?

>went past it with invis
I will admit that hiisi can kill you super fast if you have no shield and are new at the game, but you ought to learn from the experience and do better. And learn to craft some better spells while you are at it.

>whiskey mist spells
Whiskey's flamable, you know.

I manage to kill myself 5/6 times I pick up shuriken

Attached: 1567269621720.jpg (750x874, 57K)

Install some mods. Edit wands everywhere from start and have fun. Yeah, it makes game much easier but if not having it from get go stops you from having fun better do it.

Weird, I got to the fungal caves but I got lit on fire and there was no way to douse it so I died. Also my character is too weak to go there. Had a wand with arrows but it only did 1 dmg a hit, very weird.

where the fuck do i get 5x inventory? I can find it in workshop. Is it on mod site?

Attached: spiderweb.webm (800x450, 346K)

Side areas are often full of enemies you otherwise only encounter on deeper layers. You need to buff yourself with some extra health and more damaging spells before you want to throw yourself into areas line the fungal caves. Arrows on their own won't cut it, as you noticed.

>and there was no way to douse

use the water jug

no reason to get any of those perks if you can get any immunity instead
also
>never skip leg day
>repelling cape
>saving grace
>extra life
>enemy radar
>bombs materialize
>Freeze field
>Electricity
>Lukki mutation

they need to change shurikens so they stick into corpses. its so annoying having an extra shot bounce off an enemy you killed and bonk you on the head.

Attached: knee deep in the dead.webm (800x450, 2.83M)

kek look at this shite

Attached: kek.png (2560x1080, 631K)

>rain cloud
very good
>polymorphic field
also very good

I'm sorry for your loss, user. Was it very painful when you lost your ability to have fun?

Doesn't that glitter shit on the left cause explosions? I ain't up to date on all the new spells. First layer usually has no grand spells but you ought to collect some health increases.

its a shame that they made the bomb wand useless now. before it was the perfect digging wand but now it has next to no use.

its still the best digging wand if you find drill spell
what really made me mad was making chainsaw cost mana

i end up using the laser sword instead, you can siphon pockets of gold like a mosquito instead of just digging it out.

now you get it. half the fun of a rogue-lite is the randomness (slot machine) of weapons you get each play through. you hate the genre, so quit playing games within the genre. problem solved...

>the starter wand is the best up to hisii most of the time

Attached: giphy.gif (320x289, 1.05M)

He must be abysmally bad at wandcrafting.

Attached: 1326607770065s.jpg (126x115, 3K)

I'm going to buy this game now because of this thread. Is that a good or bad idea?

Attached: 1555584418366.jpg (735x803, 94K)

>wandcrafting

you seem to be under the impression that the edit wand perk has a 100% chance of appearing

yes

>start new game
>IMMEDIATELY get assraped to death by a ghost with a wand, don't even get to enter the mines
ok
fun

another thing that pisses me off is how acid leaves 1 pixel particles after it corrodes stuff, most of the time you cant even go pass what you throwed acid at

Nigga, what do you think the holy mountain is for?!

Become a wizard today! Kill yourself in novel ways every time!

Fuck off ESL
Also, just wait until the acid fully dissolves

Attached: 1571948466546.png (630x890, 708K)

pro tip: put Spark Bolt on Bomb wand

git gud that ghost is a blessing everytime he spawns literally free gold+mid tier wand

That looks slightly dangerous.

>bomb wand useless now
what did they do to my boy?
haven't played in a while

Attached: tablet OP.webm (320x320, 214K)

you cant be serious

I won the game in ten minutes and looked up speedrun times and it turns out I'd be around #16th if I submitted the run to speedruns.com.
Is it worth recording gameplay footage on the off-chance I win the game that quickly again? I think it would be cool to tell people that I'm really fast at noita and have proof

Attached: strut.gif (194x269, 498K)

Have they added something new in a couple of months?

>he doesn't know
bruh

I mean, even if you don't have the water jug for whatever reason, you can use any empty jug to refill it with water later on. There is literally no reason for anyone to complain about the lack of water anywhere unless you were stupid enough to throw away all your bottles away.

>chainsaw+precision turns you into a human rocket booster
is this a bug? i admit, it is pretty amusing but it makes chainsaws nigh useless

He's just whining, the bomb wand is fine. Chainsaw costs 1 mana now though, but it's a good balance change.
>.webm
Noice

Remember to be creative!

Attached: bad touch 2 money shot.webm (480x320, 382K)

More spells, more perks, some new enemies, some new secrets.

On the contrary, you just created a magic powered jetpack.

why does a game about western magicians have a japanese name

post wand

now that you have a jetpack, have you tried exploring the overworld?

If you are complaining about damage it is telling me you likely do not use limited cast spells. Stop that and start using them. The big dick hp sponge enemies are not that numerous, and they are what those spells are for.
Here is a tip for you. Look at the effects on cast delay and recharge time of the spells you are using. Start with a low cast delay/ recharge time with a fairly decent amount of regen wand, you only need 2-3 slots for this one! Add something like a trigger peashooter spell, with negative/low cast delay. Make it trigger chainsaws. Watch in awe as the wand empties its entire mana in half a second into whatever is unfortunate enough to be standing in front of you.

It's finnish so almost japanese.

its a finnish magician, the game has a finnish name and the dev is finnish

Attached: walter retard dog (eye contact).jpg (1536x2048, 439K)

Not him but how can you get back above the ground?

the best use for a shuffle wand

Attached: Hentai Cannon.png (1071x144, 25K)

spoopy

>Be creative
You mean get lucky.
Lucky enough to find the few Perks, spells and modifiers that turn your wand into a spraycannon of instadeath, or unlucky enough that you've made it to Hiisii Base and you've still found jack shit, unable to rival the sudden hge boost in enemy damage/health.
Sometimes you can get just two levels in and already have the few spells that are actually good/useful in the game and a few modifiers that melts everything in the game even on mediocre-stat wands.

My first completion was with nothing more than Luminous Drill + Lightning Arc + Triple Shot + Increase Mana. An entire slice of the screen would be completely full of rapid fire projectiles with lightning going all over the place, infinitely stunning everything at almost zero cost. I also had the Repulsor and a Shield Perk so in the rare case an enemy did fire something at me, I didn't even need to bother to dodge it.

There's little to no skill required for this game beyond the first level or two where you're scavenging. It's just a gear check based on luck, and like most looting in games, 99% of the shit you find is useless.

Attached: the beginning of your i win wand.png (80x80, 3K)

I haven't played this in months. Has there been anything major added it recent updates?

Do you accept your holy mission of eradicating every single hiisi fucking shit from this earth?

Luck based games take skill to consistently win.

if you're in the snow area, go right. there's a tunnel there.
otherwise, you'll need something that can dig thru Extremely Dense Rock. The lightsaber and black holes can do that.

Head east in the ice caves or use black hole to dig your way back up.

Yes. There will be an ocean of blood.

99.9% of the spells in this game are useless
fixing this game would involve making most spells actually useful and changing the shop generation so that it's not constantly giving you the same boring shit

Attached: 172121401980151195711795.png (750x545, 344K)

third stage right side of the map, if you want to explore faster bring a wand with teleport/chainsaw jetpack, breathless and bombs

You are either bad or stupid. I've cleared Hiisi base even with spark bolt in the bomb wand. Get any better spell and you are golden.

yes. undoubtedly. absolutely.
except the red ones. they cool

Attached: mmm whatcha say.webm (683x384, 1.12M)

Workshop support.

i wouldnt say the spells are useless, finding a good wand that doesnt have 4 sec charge time is way harder
inb4 recharge time

The spells are fine, finding a wand that's a good fit for them is crucial. Chainsaws and bouncyballs and the lightsaber are all good, even arrows sometimes, but you need a want that can shit them out really fast, with the mana to do so. Though I will admit a few of them like the one that makes enemies shoot explosive projectiles randomly are pretty bad, with no real good reason to use them, unless you're also an insane person who uses perks like teleportitis

Post your most powerful wand.

Attached: superlaser.webm (1280x720, 2.89M)

anything is great with homing shot
it's one of the perk that turns the game into "every run is the same" because it's so god damn good it becomes a necessary crutch if you're weak

Spellshops at holy mountains need to go. They should just have 3 wands and 3 spells at all of them instead.

Guess this game just isn't for me then. I tried and I tried but I'm just not having fun. I'm excited to go explore etc but there's only punishment in doing that so there's no use really. It's feels like a game that's either half finished or it's just a bunch of ideas slapped together incoherently. Too bad, because it has so much potential.

Uh oh

Attached: 1582490981272.png (640x719, 325K)

>mods
Into the trash you go.

Oh my bad for teasing out the obscure mechanic that otherwise takes an entire lifetime to see once.

no fuck off

>the one that makes enemies shoot explosive projectiles randomly are pretty bad
If you find an "Always Cast" wand with that spell, you can easily snipe enemies and wait til they die.
Very useful up until the last 2 stages where enemies have a fuckton of health and ttake forever to go down.
Or you can combine it with the Personal Gravity Field and have all the ramdom fireballs fly back to the dude spitting them out,.

Grand exploration (long trips across the overworld) need to be reserved for when you have edit wands everywhere. If you're simply talking about exploring in single levels then you need to git gud

PSA:
plague rats perk is borked in some way, it made all the heal hiisis come to me and heal me without any pheromone/berserkium/kicks
i had 2 plague rate perks stacked so that might be it
also the last level fucked up multi-headed flies did not attack me (only the flies that shoot black flames attacked me) nor did the big booger shooting scarabs

and also plague rats is super fun perk now you can't shoot your own rats and their damage scale, they do like 50dmg hits in endgame

Attached: 1582372019078.png (1080x1164, 1.52M)

oispa nyymi!!!

>tfw you kill yourself in a godrun because you stood on 2 pixels of poly

Attached: fuck me.webm (1282x720, 2.42M)

Power is easy
Style is the true test

Attached: lava worm.webm (320x321, 485K)

the devs are obsessed with difficulty and obfuscation
it will be their downfall
half of the game is some useless "lore" secrets that no one except youtubers actually care for, and the most powerful potions are impossible to brew without cheating
the game beneath that shit is really good but the casuals won't latch on to it until they at least make an easy mode with reduced tick, easier dousing, more hp, disabled hp-based damage scaling, and better wand discovery rates

Whoa, the Noita looks like THAT?

Attached: lewd.png (481x481, 372K)

Holy mountain... Home. At least it was til' I fucked everything up.

Attached: im somewhat of an interior decorator myself.webm (1280x720, 2.1M)

trolled :)

>worm crystal
nice meme by the devs in my opinion
>reach jungle
>you have angered the gods
>giant spiders climbed up to the holy mountain and spawned Stevari

>muh powerful potions
You are not supposed to brew the fucking potions. Just like the god damn skateboard it is just something silly and fun for 1 out of a million runs.
>casuals wont latch onto it. Make an easy mode.
Good. Fuck casuals. The game made enough money already.

>You are not supposed to brew the fucking potions.

source?

i appreciate their attempt to make the game about 'learning and researching' but the problem is that its simply too difficult to do without either a VERY luck seed or cheating.

the fact that the potions can be an impossible combination like lava+water+gunpowder.
it just something cool that happens once in a while
my first time getting it was an accident since I kept seeing little pools of heal-juice in the mines
later figured out it was simply blood+water+gold
felt good

Attached: madlad2.webm (680x382, 2.93M)

true nosegrind

>when you're in the dank cave and don't have a torch

Attached: alone in the dark with nary a light.webm (320x320, 105K)

>hisii
It's "hiisi", you illiterate retardoids.

>It's just a gear check based on luck
>tfw 20 wins in a row
feels gud being lucky

Attached: 70622180_p39.jpg (218x217, 21K)

luck is a skill

Still havent gotten a win yet, but now I consistently make it to jungle. I remember when ice caverns was my wall. Then hiisi base. My luck didnt improve, just my ability to assess wand potential and know what spells work good with what.
And I havent even got deep enough to get into the really crazy wands and spells yet.

You can get good endgame spells from mines if you are lucky (the spell shops in levels and rare drops from chests), but you'll see the rest of the game soon with that mindset regardless.

Just taking it slow and using los for your advantage gets you far. Even with starter wand you can clear Hiisi shithole if you have somewhere to back up to. If they rush you to a wall you are dead though unless you get some godtier dodges.

is almost as...hear me out...is almost as...as git gud works i know is crazy but maybe it works

>pick electricity, thinking that it's a straight upgrade to electric immunity
>suffer crippling lag every time i touch a liquid
thank you nolla games

>teleportitis procs on fire and poison damage
Playtesters?

Electricity is my favorite perk. What CPU do you have?

stop using celeron

Consider upgrading to a two slot toaster.

intel i7

I never pick it anymore, it's fine for the most part, but if you go to lake, or the big lakes of lava... fug. Also it suck if you don't have fire and explosion immunity.

two slot

I constructed a wand that created massive explosions and turned huge swaths of the map into sand at the same time. Like, everything on screen would pretty much get vaporized. I don't even remember how I did it but it basically made the whole map trivial in a game that's otherwise pretty trying. It's shit like that getting me to come back to it.

>reach the final floor
>only thing remaining is the boss
>have a stronk wand with freeze field, electric arc, and damage field
>gibs or ccs everything i point it at
>some fucker polymorphs me and i die instantly
what

Attached: medic middle finger.gif (426x240, 893K)

How do I find this little guy without getting destroyed by the vault?

Attached: Monster_ultimate_killer.png (80x80, 482)

>teleportitis: teleport when you take damage hidden stat: adds projectile resistance
>fire/poison is damage
i see nothing wrong with this
shoulda had a water flash ready

I've been having more fun with an increased health mod. At least you don't have the rng if there are any health pickups in the first level, you can just skip it. Still the novelty if dying to random shit wears of quickly and I'm not sure it's a good premise to build a game on. Kinda wastes all the potential of the game in my eyes, the physics engine etc.

I heard it negates extra life and the other perks, so you're really dead if you get polyd in a bad spot.

Noita sucks because 90% of the stuff you get is useless, and 5% of it is totally overpowered

Or you could just get good at the game instead of cheating

Why would I get good at a bad game? The whole premise this game is built on is immensely flawed. You spend a couple hours in a single run slowly trudging through levels to accumulate gold and wands; then your run ends abruptly in ways you feel like you couldn't have done anything about. They could maybe alleviate this by making you invincible in the shop so you can try out new spells without dying etc. Still out in the world it's a massive problem.

My best wand was a always cast summon rock wand. Slapped burst of air and water on it, and the result was an endless spray of rocks flying across the screen blocking every projectile and crushing everything with environmental damage that could crit, while being completely harmless to the player.
The slowdown was real tho once every orifice of a floor was full of rocks bumping against each other.

>You spend a couple hours in a single run slowly trudging through levels to accumulate gold and wands

I can see why you don't enjoy the game. Try playing more risky and fast.

Attached: 1575062338293.png (270x360, 106K)

>always cast: rock
>completely harmless to the player
>playing it safe
try this on for size

Attached: dangerous games.png (323x465, 65K)

you didn't even stand on it, I think two pixels of it splashed on you from shooting

Nice wand. Thinking about it, I've never seen any always cast touch of gold/blood etc. yet, do they spawn?

The real purpose of earthquake is for a fucking hiisi picking it up while you are busy shopping and then shooting a rat with it.

I think it wouldn't hurt to sort of scale the RNG differently. A lot of what you get early can be about as useful as a wet fart and this is a very goddamn unlucky wizard in general.

Are always cast nukes an actual thing that you can get, or just a meme?

Then you die from random shit or drop into a room with 10 enemies...

real

will this run on DOS

You can get OP level stuff from mines and the first holy mountain fairly commonly... circle of stillness, circle of polymorph, trigger and timer spells, chainsaws, luminous drills and chain bolt and the all-seeing eye spell, all very powerful throughout the entire game. Just upgrade when you find better mana regen wands and modifiers.

Those don't, iirc.
Some spells are prevented from being "Always Casts" because it will 1) instantly kill you 2) does nothing or 3) just because.
I haven't seen any aura spells (circle of frost, circle of rage, etc) as an always casts either.

>random starting perk: teleportitis
>the "fuck you if you get hit with DoT"
NO

webms?

Attached: noita-20191116-125618-1240983478-00448862.gif.webm (1280x720, 2.85M)

Beautiful wand!
Well, yes, perhaps... but you get to experience it again 10 minutes later instead of 3 hours later.

Attached: funlocked.webm (640x360, 896K)

Also:
I concur with the comment that games feel the same. Every game, I go for the same pattern: collect 3 guaranteed hears in zone 1, find polymorph or teleport potion to enter/leave the shop without it breaking, proceed into fungus zone to craft myself a wand that shoots starting spell really, really fast, clear the rest of the game with it, collecting some improvements along the way.
Projectile spells desperately need balancing, because none can compare with the initial spell except for green balls which are good but they kill FPS. Spells with charges needs to be reworked for them to be able to compete with infinite ones, too.

Attached: noita-20191104-145745-146965179-00020738.gif.webm (1280x720, 464K)

Attached: noit1.webm (480x270, 1.19M)

is there a wand crafting guide out there to teach me how shit works?

Attached: 1575818566502.webm (960x960, 2.82M)

Attached: noita-20191020-105152-1137734008-00030914.gif.webm (1280x720, 1.84M)

Had this happen the other day

Attached: suddenly.webm (1920x1080, 2.91M)

>Noitmare mode
ah, freshly served hell. my favorite

Attached: TF2 360 trickstabs.webm (683x384, 508K)

Not a chance.
It's not even remotely built in a manner to do that.

Worms look a lot like the rock eater in goblin slayer.

Attached: burst into treats.webm (640x360, 1.49M)

Attached: Remembered too late.webm (480x270, 1.53M)

Don't shoot upward at those fuckers. I had 300 HP.

There's little to know. The shuffle:no wand fires all spells one by one in order. Cast delay is how much you wait before casting the next spell in sequence, recharge delay is how much you wait after using all spells in sequence. If you cast a projectile modifier, it will apply that modifier to the next spell in sequence, and cast that immediately. If there is no next spell after the modifier, it casts the first spell in the wand immediately, which is a very well known trick: if you have a good wand with low cast delay and high recharge time, you put a modifier at the end of the sequence, which allows you to shoot an extra projectile before waiting the recharge time. Circular saw spell (don't remember the name exactly) reduces both cast delay and recharge time by a huge amount, but you need to cast it together with the projectile for the full cast delay reduction (either using a wand that casts two spells, or using a 2x/3x/4x cast spell card). Digger and light sabre can be used similarly but they only reduce recharge time, not cast delay.

Attached: noita-20191114-212334-1786973124-00088224.gif.webm (1280x720, 1.56M)

I haven't played for some time, did they add any new spells that enable any setup that comes close to stacking all triplicate bolts you have with all added damage you have on trigger?

Fucking hell.

>the starter wand is the best up to hisii most of the time
what the fuck did I just read

Attached: 1508261572926.jpg (500x565, 16K)

>get lit on fire by a random burning bit
>get teleported past the entire first holy mountain
>end up near a bee
>get lit on fire again
>get teleported to the end of the second level
>die trying to get back to the first hm
What a cancerous fucking perk.

Attached: thank you, very cool.png (573x540, 278K)

Better just drop the bomb spell after you pick GC without immunity ;_;

Attached: tuskete onegai.webm (1280x720, 2.74M)

ALWAYS immediately go to the Collapsed Mine (to the left in the first stage) the enemies are a bit tougher but you get good money and better wands
also try and exit the first stage only after you've broke $300-$400 so you have enough for a good wand or some spells and a perk reroll if you need it
also EXPERIMENT WITH WANDS AND SPELLS
you might find some cool shit

Attached: chainsaw.webm (1280x720, 2.82M)

>Always cast giant explosion on slimed/drunk
Now this is fun shit as long as you can set up homing clouds and have explosion immunity perk.

That panicked run is great.

LOL

there was guide in /vg/ but i didn't save it
here's the jist tho.
>"Shuffle: Yes" wands bad
because it will just cast any spell put on it. You want non-shuffle wands because it will cast left-to-right which allows you to create specific effects.
>Spell types
Projectile: a spell that shoots something and does damage (Spark Bolt, Saw Blade, Arrow)
Modifiers: adds effects to Projectiles (Damage plus, Heavy Shot, Fire trail)
>Buffing spells
once you have a non-shuffle wand, you place your spells like this:
Modifiers (any) > Projectile (1)
You can put as many modifiers you like but more Mana is consumed per shot
>pic related as example
1st spell (modifier) adds water trail to projectile
2nd spell (modifier) adds gravity well to any enemy hit with projectile
3rd spell (projectile) shoot 3 bullets in a shotgun like manner
When I fire it, it will shoot 3 bullets that leave a trail of water and will generate a gravity well when it hits an enemy.

That's the basics but you'll learn as you go,.

Attached: pft wand.png (284x141, 10K)

Did they ever fix the adding modifiers to the end of the wand thing?

What do you mean fix? It's a feature. No, they didn't fix it.

This happened to me as well, quite weird

>Here's your recipes bro

Attached: 1566275886959.jpg (810x30, 13K)

fall damage

Not sure. I rarely did it because I wasn't 100% sure on how it worked.
Got enough result building wands sensibly.

Attached: dragon tail.webm (683x384, 220K)

when I found the wand, it had THREE nukes on it and was double cast

Attached: fall damage.webm (320x320, 358K)

>here's your cheat sir

I thought the same way until I tried speedrunning for a bit. If you skip the first levels, and run left, using your water to make stone on the lava, you can grab the orb, the health, and skip to snowzone immediately. It's hard as fuck, and you're at the whim of your starting wands and whatever scraps you can find in mines, but it's definitely my favorite way to play now, especially since the wand variety is a lot higher so you end up using a lot of different wands. I hope more things like this get added, maybe a way from fungus down to hissi base or something.

the amount of lava in these bees is retarded, sometimes they shit out twice their own volume in lava on death

>getting shot while levitating means you can't levitate again until you hit the ground
honestly that's my only gripe with the game so far
shits so fucking annoying

Certain projectiles create more blood than others. Sawblades in coal pits is asking to get melted.

Pls gib nub tips
I’ve made it to the second area but I don’t know WHAT the fuck I’m doing
I am bad wizard

Attached: 3080DCBE-848E-4D3A-9655-905D34319E73.jpg (460x570, 60K)

Delete Tumoritis.

Attached: ezgif.com-optimize.gif (480x270, 2.88M)

Tip: aim where you want to teleport

How did you make this?

>The first time you had a rapid fire spell with high recoil and turned yourself into a rocket

Noita is extremely compelling because of all the insane stuff in it which is hidden from most players. Its a game where almost every rumor about the end of its bounds ends up being true which is exciting for someone who was always disappointed as a stupid child that there wasn't a strip club in ratchet and clank like my friend said.

Attached: 1546398950444.png (333x329, 106K)

Nolla games = pure distilled SOUL

I've played The Swapper which was also great, and BABA is you which is one of the best puzzle games ever.

Yea Forums is so shit at video games lmfao

Attached: 1582976351331.jpg (700x612, 46K)

>char catches fire or some shit and there's no water anywhere int he map so you lose half your health
are you playing on a pirated copy of an older version? players start with water flasks now
you're either abhorrently bad at the game, shitposting, or have high functioning autism

>>swim and breathless
lol

>entire right side of the holy mountain is gone
what the fuck
the perk reroll thing is sitting on the ground in the ice area

>it's empty
hahahahahahahahaha what?

>teleportitis sends me into lava
thank you

>noooooo save me teleportium

Attached: noita-20200302.webm (640x360, 320K)

That can actually happen. Kind of rare for something to be strong enough to take out parts of that however. Perks and purchasable items can actually fall indefinitely I think if they don't have anything to stand on. You can still buy them however.

>teleports you out of the lava
What's the problem?

4 Slithering Paths and 1 Bubble Spark on a machine gun wand.
The projectiles curve so much that they end up firing backwards at super sonic speeds without really going anywhere.
Utterly useless, but looks pretty.
The yellow particles are from Damage Plus.

Attached: wand of disintegration.webm (640x640, 975K)

Thanks, it was a really cool effect. I really need to play around more with wand crafting at some point.

Attached: fuggg.webm (426x240, 1.87M)

>restart pc to savescum
>get caught between steve and the final boss
>teleportaids sends me into lava again
imgur.com/a/0tRD29i

>webm
Holy shit.. how many fucking fireball throwers did you attach to Stevie?

I found an always cast Personal Fireball throwers wand the other day
Shit did not go well

>The yellow particles are from Damage Plus.
By the way, are there any mods that remove these particles? They make some rapid fire setups like one using lightsaber with more duration lag horribly.

Yeah that was what I had in that replay. Didn't realize he was immune to explosions and fire...

None, as far as I know.
Really wish the devs make an option to turn-off or even reduce the amount of particles displayed.

Seriously HOW DO YOU MAKE IT FUN? You can't get wands, you can't get spells, you just have to hope for the best as you travel 4-5 floors and then die when you're still using your starting spell moved over to your bomb wand.

Attached: 1577006908190.jpg (340x237, 42K)

how could they make teleportatium so bad, i guess they were trying to make a potion to help you get away but is one of the worst things to come by

Alchemy concept is pretty interesting, hope they add a legit way to learn combinations each run, give ability to gather and carry powders and maybe even add more shit to make.

Use it to teleport out of/into Holy Mountains so that you can freely edit wands.

Kill all hiisi!

Attached: FUCK hiisi.webm (640x360, 2.63M)

I always check mushroom caves left of second area, dangerous but have higher tier wands with much greater spell pool.
If you have really shit luck you can try killing boss in the pyramid, all you need for that is any mod that can ignite slapped on non-shuffle wand, although it takes a lot of time to go back on a surface from 3rd area and walk there if you haven't also found teleport.

Its not just that, its that the fireball thrower doesn't actually do damage to things its attached to unless they get hit by the fireballs

Attached: Everything will be fireballs.webm (852x480, 2.88M)

Is it really this controllable? I suspected that it has something to do with cursor direction, but it looked more of a chance than actual controlled way to use that stuff.

it's not that controllable

Did they nerf late game wands at some point of development? When I played shortly after release last area wands were always 22+ slots 900/300 mana, and one from killing jungle worm as well, but recently I mostly find 10-15 slot ones in those places.

nope, you have to get close to where you want to teleport and pray teleportatium doesnt send you into a pool of lava/acid

Just install the respawn mod and shut up about it, literally who gives a fuck that you can't beat the game, don't you have more important things to do?

It's partially controllable.
Observe and where the wand is pointing.
Also, how soaked you are with Teleportanium can affect distance.
100% soaked and you can teleport back to the previous level from inside the Holy Mountain.
50% soaked is enough to teleport you from right below the Holy Mountain (just under the Brickwork) to inside it.

Honestly the most exciting thing about this game is its engine
>mfw someone makes a terraria copy in it

Attached: 1575141555212.jpg (240x280, 40K)

The overwhelming power you can get in this game wouldn't be as fun without all the risks that come with it.

T H I S

Attached: this.jpg (499x730, 77K)