I don't care about relic says, he won

I don't care about relic says, he won

Attached: 450px-VanceMFStubbs.png (450x505, 292K)

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Maynarkh_Dynasty
youtube.com/watch?v=lYh6GzVsXIM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That's, uh, cool I guess. Thanks for sharing, OP.

man I want to replay dark crusade's campaign
that shit was fun

Green, but not green enough to be Gorgutz

I don't think anyone really wants to remember DoW3 if they don't have to, so you're good.

>Hear me out
>He's an IG general
>With weapons that a terminator captain can't even take in combination

and is stronger in every way than a terminator because someone thought hero units in an RTS was a good idea

What were they even thinking?

What man chooses these puny claws in a universe where chainsaw swords and energy blades exist?

They wanted the LoL audience

But for reals though, everything in that game spelt disaster
LIKE THE LEAD DEV DIDNT EVEN KNOW GOTGUTZ, ALONG WITH EVERY OTHER LEADER ORK IS KNOWN AS A WARBOSS

>LIKE THE LEAD DEV DIDNT EVEN KNOW GOTGUTZ, ALONG WITH EVERY OTHER LEADER ORK IS KNOWN AS A WARBOSS
what did he call them?

Then do it

too much effort

he followed his orders with honour and his surviving soldiers except for the 5th company were repatriated to segmentum command in honour but at the end of the day this was a story about the blood ravens and they succeeded in their campaign

That's Stubbs from Soulstorm, not Alexander

Me too. DoW III was horrible here.
I would've been more understanding and accepting of Gorgutz winning if he used the Kaurava System as a staging ground to launch massive WAAAGH!!!'s. I mean an Ork who controls 4 planets means he'd have a lot of Boyz. And with that he'd go to conquer everything around him to further expand to look for a bigger fight.
But what do the people who did DoW III do? Made him the victor, but instead of using his victory to use it as something very impactful (like setting the stage for Gorgutz to become officially an Ork Warlord and have his own empire that could be a pain in the collective arse of the galaxy)...they simply said that he left after the conflict. There is literally no justification for that. No normally mentally functioning Ork Warboss would simply LEAVE a WAAAGH!!! he himself shaped. THERE. IS. NO. JUSTIFICATION. Even in 40K lore you will not find a precedent like this. NOWHERE.

Chieftan

not him and i haven't played dow 3 and also i don't know the answer to your question but i'm going to ay he called them chieftains because that seems funny to me

oh shit are you for real? did i get it one? top kek

Relic already decided that Gorgutz was the canon winner since DoW 2.

Attached: StandardofKaurava.jpg (646x766, 67K)

Man, DoW is a great game but the balance sucks my shitty asshole.
IG are literally useless.

lads i was one of the few people who enjoyed the dow 2 shift to cod-style gameplay and the rpg-style campaign but i absolutely can not finish retribution. tried it three times now and the maps bore me to tears. i just can't play beyond like three missions because the game starts feeling like a chore.

did i lose out on much, story-wise?

That just implies that the Blood Ravens lost to the Orks

Who are you gonna play as?

they were a great idea, hero units in dow were fun as fuck

Lightning Claws are a type of Power Weapon that is a step above a power sword. In 6th and 7th they actually allowed for re-rolling until a character finally hit a target in melee due to the Shred USR. They are literally superior to a normal power sword or chain sword. There is a reason Space Marines (both Loyalists and Chaos ones) love them. Especially the Raven Guard and Night Lords.
Pic related. Even after he got Primaris'd he still has his claws. Can't separate Shrike from his claws.

What a retard that man was I swear...

Just because it's said that Gorgutz krumped the BR's on Kaurava II doesn't mean he won the campaign in this description.

>IG are literally useless
>Not going for full Basilisk Earthshaker massacre
>Not outfitting all your Guardsmen with Grenade Launchers and watch as they AoE Knockback spam Chaos Marines to death
YOU CLEARLY ARE NOT PLAYING THEM RIGHT.

Attached: Shadow Captain and later Chapter Master Kayvaan Shrike.jpg (700x1000, 112K)

>IG are literally useless.
What? When I played they were the premier rushing faction with guardsmen + commisar. Really awesome for early game pressure that let you get ahead and then steamroll.

Not really because the missions are literally the same for every race.
>SM/IG/Orks hunt and kill their CSM/nid/eldar counterparts or vice versa
>somehow end up hunting Kyras
>chase him to Typhon which gets exterminatus'd
>figure out he's on Cyrene which was exterminatus'd long ago
>go there and fuck his half ascended daemon prince form
Orks had pretty funny dialogue at least, thanks to based Kaptin Bluddflagg.

Attached: 1567778485167.jpg (340x442, 40K)

this gives me flashback to my 17 year old self thinking that equipping a banner was a constant passive aura bonus and not realizing i had to trigger an ability to get the bonus. i lost out on so many better items and so many chances to cubstomp the ai...

Oh yeah the fucking grenade launcher spam, guardsmen fucking dominated every other infantry and it wasn't even close.

>IG had to fill in as the swarm rushing faction because Tyranids weren't in DoW1
kind of funny actually

Attached: 385.jpg (317x267, 22K)

Attached: w40k.png (1089x2066, 586K)

Nothing like seeing a squad of guardsmen + commissar meleeing space marines to death

plasma guns + commissar was better i felt, massive damage, unbreakable units very early on.
grenade launchers were good but vehicles killed them far too easy.

>guardsmen + commisar
literally useless after early game. IG tanks are also outperformed by every single tank of the other races.

I think you can outswarm them with cultists armed with grenade launchers or use troops like stormboys or assualt marines to jump on top of them.
They're still pretty damn effective though.

>literally useless after early game
yeah no shit, but that was how you won within 10 minutes, or made it to the mid game and started shitting out tanks

>STOOPID UMIE GORGUTZ KRUM0ED ALL DA GITZ VUZ EZ DA BIGGEST N DA GREENEST N GREEN IZ BEST

>or made it to the mid game and started shitting out tanks
...which are still shitty compared to the other races' ones.

actually I'll be honest, I don't know how to win a game longer than 10-15 minutes as IG, because aggressively rushing was the only thing I figured out to do on them except cheesing with turret marching across the map for anti vehicle support

as soon as prism tank showed up or dreads that was pretty much it for me

I just like digging in with IG and getting eternally zerg rushed by orks or nids. God why the fuck did 3 suck? Imagine DoW 1: 2 with the SC2 easy modding scene.

Agreed. Only differences are that the chronology of certain missions is changed. Like you do not go to Aurelia as Eliphas until the grand finale (in order to recruit Ulkair). Same with the Orkz going to Meridian so to recruit Daisy. And the Nids lack one mission actually.

even the baneblade fucking sucked IIRC

Was Relic ever taken to task for DoW3? It was such a shitshow you'd think even they would have to fess up

No instead they were given the reins for age of empires 4

Sentinels? They do a fair bit of damage to other vehicles and aren't all that expensive

They are working on AoE4 and they gave the task of making a 3rd DoW to a newbie team. Needless to say, no supervising from Relic and GW and the newbies doing whatever they wanted was a fatal mistake.

Stubbs is a faggot, Sturnn is the real deal.

Attached: Sturnn.jpg (353x326, 16K)

>shot in the back by gay knife-ears and lost the titan anyway

Just bought Mechanicus. Going to be sad as Necrons are my race of choice,

Weren't he canon winner of WS?

He and Taldeer definitely teamed up to beat the necrons but according to Only War he was shot in the back by the Eldar, who presumably overloaded the Titan as well like in their ending. Lukas Alexander in Dark Crusade was also specifically tasked to take her down which means she certainly did something that pissed off the Imperium hard enough to put her on the top of a shit-list, like backstabbing a veteran general and blowing up an irreplaceable Titan for example.

But do the necrons have armored mechanitits tho

Attached: 1542564402785.jpg (1280x1844, 412K)

>red item
Wait what? Was this super rare or something? I don't recall ever getting it

>To each of us falls a task. And all the emperor requires of us Guardsmen is that we stand the line and we die fighting.
>It is what we do best... We die standing

Attached: 1493346931209.jpg (1440x810, 149K)

Actually I will tell you this. Eldar Ending is canon is WS, but later stuff like one of the wargears for the IG in DoW II Retribution says that Sturnn did survive the experience and managed to get the Titan Dominatus despite all the bullshit.

Well they do have glorious mecha-hips.

Red in Chaos Rising are Chaos Items that corrupt your dudes in the game. And if your Force Commander or any other of your dudes get max corruption, then it makes up experience one of the five endings (not to mention Thule simply leaving you if you become too corrupt). Those + if all of your dudes are still pure, then Martellus becomes the traitor and one of the three most irritatingly broken bosses.

Attached: female_necron_by_lutherniel-dbhnh4t.jpg (620x877, 114K)

Wow. This lady canon now?

I just wish the IG won in at least one of the expansions?

I wish. I'm still waiting for a model of a Phaerak (aka: female Phaeron). Or any feminine Necron. GW said they'd make more female models, but they refuse to make a model for one faction that is in dire need of robo-hips. And the Maynarkh Dynasty is ruled by a Phaerak.

You and me bro. I may be more into Marines, but Guardsmen need more love.

Attached: The real reason why Necrons hate AdMech.jpg (2048x2048, 852K)

>tfw no magos biologis gf who keeps a sensible number of augmentations so that she's still soft and cuddly in all the right places

it's a shame this game was abandoned and left as a buggy as shit mess

Who's fucking idea was it to make the Eldar start in the fucking snow area where their invisible base shit is fucking impossible to see?

IG won winter assault too

>won't sanitize her swelling mechadendrite sockets as she holds back moans of pain with a prayer to the tranquil machine spirit
>won't have to reprogram her secondary cogitators after she comes back from a tomb with a deadly virus and tries to kill you
>won't mix a mild hallucinogen into her oil margarita before confessing that you are having a vision of a great Dragon of Mars and asking her to pray with you
>"Wait, y-you mean you can see it too? Of course we shall pray together! Let's go to my cell, quickly!"

Why live?

Attached: DuZipfQWsAAGDSi.png (743x1075, 934K)

IG is OP in multiplayer at least, I can't remember what the campaign balance is like.

they power creeped too much, like the force commander just melees while all the later commanders have tons of abilities and guards

>all this waifufagging
I just want my body torn asunder and replaced with steel and circuits, fuck.

Also when will we get a good Admech mod for DoW? The only we have is Explorators and while it's decent, they made up a lot of ridiculous bullshit.

Attached: TECH PRIEST.gif (640x480, 81K)

Great, yet another fetish for me to become disappointed with for the lack of decent r34

A masterful feint by the Eldar, no doubt.

Attached: IMG_20200303_204705.jpg (268x224, 28K)

Relic Montreal sabotaged the game and created bad blood inbetween the og voice actors, while Relic vancouver was dealing with AoE4, Sega with other Stuff and GeeDubs with Tabletop and other projects.

There is a reason of why everyone was FIRED after DoW 3 and they all moved to Blizzard.

There is one in that 40K Diablo clone, Inquisitor: Martyr.

Female Necron is canon, though she doesnt have a model, but she is the angry leader of the Maynarkh Dynasty, ala Oldcrons led by Skynet.
1d4chan.org/wiki/Maynarkh_Dynasty

Attached: 82579568_2512822738988410_284664915042338249_n.jpg (1080x1080, 99K)

good edit

and its better than diablo 3 and 4 footage together, also it has an editor.

Attached: 1573776033870.gif (480x360, 529K)

>rite of shitposting
>not canticle of aggravating dialogue

Sounds like a good opening lyrics for a Mechanicus-themed anime. The protagonist comes to that one cohort predominantly staffed with females and goes on a wild adventure for yet another STC or some shit. He's initially displeased with the assignment, all edgy and rough, believing that only a male mind can truly meld with the machine. Little does he know that he is about to uncover truths and experiences that eventually will lead him to his purest and strongest faith, THE CULT OF THE METAL TIDDY

Attached: fc52e1f2df3ed69096aa27457f1ec953.jpg (792x1085, 149K)

he does that if he is losing an argument

Well that's what I mentioned. Especially with the Maynarkh part. But really they really should finally go and make one. Especially that now Tau women have now canon curves and sexual dimorphism (thanks to Shadowsun's new model) and the sisters getting new stuff. Hell, they even made a female commissar (dyke-ish, but still). Seriously this is infuriating.

Attached: Accurate female Tau anatomy..png (289x385, 200K)

Unfortunately, Martyr plays like garbage, almost any other major diabloid is better (can personally compare to D2/3, Grim Dawn, PoE, Titan Quest, Torchlight and even Last Epoch).

>tfw nothing 40k related worthwhile to play anymore

They love making female humans Ugly at geedubs, and this is only to satisfy the female lardos now working there.

meanwhile Yvraine is a Qt

Actually that depends. Even the dyke-ish commissar they made has actually a female face. And the new SoB models do differ in femininity. Some are QT, others...well see Repentia. But on the other hand we have grannies now.

The Mech actually looks serviceable far as I got. Maybe a bit weird with its data mechanics, but it can keep the player on edge really well.

Someone post the mechanicus glyphs infograph

Attached: 1459366675557.jpg (1024x717, 138K)

nothing like seeing a defiler ripping and tearing squishy guardsmen

Don't tell me you wouldnt follow a hardcore dyke-ish looking(but is straight) dom commissar in to death

Now THIS is the shit i like to see, hotter than any cow tits

Well at leas her hips are kinda visible.

Attached: 1350326912777.jpg (2325x3225, 861K)

Imperial Guard girls are great.

Attached: Mira1.png (340x465, 259K)

Attached: 1350326991137.jpg (2325x3225, 770K)

If you play anything but Mordant Acid Dogs you are basically a little bitch boy afraid of the dark.
youtube.com/watch?v=lYh6GzVsXIM

Attached: 1423493436627.jpg (1280x953, 839K)

I used to have a fuckload of fun modding the campaigns, you should try it.

Attached: 1459208007548.jpg (1200x1491, 511K)

What I really liked about Mechanicus is that it showed that the Admech are even more like machines than the necrons.
Especially with how admechs speak in garbled static while the necrons speak in flowery high gothic.
>

I NEEED MORE DOW 2 CAMPAIGN
I NEED A GAME THAT'S CONSTANTLY UPDATED WITH NEW MISSIONS
I NEED A COOP MODE
I WANT TO PLAY THE MOST ICONIC SCENARIOS WITH MY BROS
I WANT MORE FUN LOOT LIKE THAT
I NEED THIS
GOD
FUCKING
DAMN
IT
EMPEROR PLEASE SAVE ME

Kasrkins looked ten times better and Taurox is gay.

>tfw you'll never mortify the flesh with proper steel and machinery
>tfw you'll never work alongside a tough yet empathetic military advisor cyborg tomboy
>tfw you'll never get to experience listening to her soft binary voice nor hear her singing canticles
>tfw you'll never experience her compliments to your leadership, or feel her respect and care for you
01010111 01101000 01111001 00100000 01100101 01110110 01100101 01101110 00100000 01101100 01101001 01110110 01100101 00101110 00101110 00101110

Attached: subdom.png (631x885, 558K)

>even the baneblade fucking sucked
Its the strongest super heavy unit in the game

>hating on my scout car MRAP thing
How dare you

Attached: Taurox.jpg (873x627, 173K)

I rather liked one depiction of a Magos Biologis where he'd surgically altered himself into essentially being a perfect aryan superman, as if he was a statue made flesh. I thought it was a really neat way of showing how different yet also how similar they are to their mechanical counterparts; he'd replaced just as much of his body but with enhanced flesh instead of steel.

Last I recall they tend to be insanely buff due to modifying themselves with flesh, but I can see a biologis lady making herself the ideal attractiveness physically.

Attached: bolter for kokoro swole techpriest6.jpg (849x589, 60K)

I don't remember in what novel there was an ambassador or someone from Mars. She looked mostly human so as not to make normal humans she had to interact with unnerved.

What stops a magos from being just a brain in a jar and controlling his body with wifi? No chance of death.

All fine and dandy, but I don't see the deadliest regiment here.

Attached: Terrax Guard.jpg (456x599, 63K)

Khepra's sketch on the upper left shows that she's quite stacked.

Attached: Requisition us some fucks to give Command, we're fresh out.jpg (1200x600, 431K)

In second or third Comissar Cain book. She was a qt tomboy with mecha tail and some internal upgrades

Someone made a conversion based on the description a female magos biologis got in a certain book. Apparently while she did have augments, a big portion of her body was still human and she decided to keep it that way. Also in the book she gets hit on repeatedly by a Rogue Trader.

Attached: 1577515586414.jpg (3024x4032, 931K)

Oh that was in the Priests of Mars?
Also this

>Priests of Mars
Yeah I think it was. Linya Tycho. I think she's in an expedition or something with her family.

Eh, they're Ds at best and Cs at worst

Still good. In the end they look well shaped under those bandages.

Wait, who's Tyrea and Avatar? Is the latter Force Commander?

>Especially with how admechs speak in garbled static while the necrons speak in flowery high gothic.
Nah, the very first transmission you get in the tutorial is an omnilanguage transmission. They're just speaking in whatever foul xenos babble they consider language and it translates itself into (hopelessly primitive but still Imperial) High Gothic.

Mods

Attached: Screenshot_20200226_235142_com.pixeltoys.freeblade.jpg (2312x1080, 1.2M)

Nah man, Mechanicus is fun as fuck and pretty dialogue rich.

Attached: Faust be steadfast.jpg (1920x1080, 284K)

True that, but that's nicety on top of everything else. Her personality is absolute waifu tier

Attached: subdom thanks.jpg (1920x1080, 304K)

Indeed. Fitting since she's the most human of the crew with Faustinius himself coming very close (it helps that he didn't remove his emotions and simply put on them selective dampeners).

BFG1 is good. BFG2 is weird sidegrade where the developers added more of everything except they removed most of the ship customization that made the first game so fun.

>Bad-mouths a companion Magos for endangering troops in exchange for knowledge, the most valuable resource possible to any true Mechanicum
>Talks down to his military officer whenever they raise the topic of maybe not having the entire Skitarii force killed off in this campaign
>Both happen to be women
>Only agrees with male advisors

Faustinius neckbeard confirmed

Well it's some information that may or may not be useful, or troops that cost blackstone which is vital to upgrading and maintaining the mission. Quite frankly, the blackstone is need a lot more.

Point is, he contradicts himself. Whenever a female character talks to him she is invariably wrong, even if he has had the same opinion as hers a moment before.

Depends on which character
>Tech-Acquisitor Scaevola
A sociopathic tech obsessed grandma so of course he's gonna have disagreement with her.
>Subdomina Khepra
Military advisor but he's also a mentor of her so sometimes he has to correct her in preparation for her eventually becoming an independent commander leader. Often times he can be found agreeing with her regarding the safety of the troops.
>Prime Hermeticon Captrix
I don't think I've really seen him disagree with her, but she doesn't really talk much either. She mainly finds targets that need to get fucking rekt so I doubt he'll disagree with her.

Is Freeblade on the PC worth it?

GW need to take a massive money dump on the mechanicus devs to make a full fledged turn based 40k x-com a like.

they did so well with their tiny budget.

GW just sells the license for additional income. They don't give the slightest fuck about the resulting product.

This stuff reminds me that i really need to play the campaigns of the game more!

currently i need to finish the campaign of the base game, then going maybe with the winter dlc and lastly do the dark crusaders one,
Afterwards il head to mods.