Nioh 2

What did we all think of the demo?

Attached: 1577998936431.jpg (700x400, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JRA752Nop4w&t=229s
youtube.com/watch?v=HOVdJ8PeTG8
streamable.com/yxz05
streamable.com/qweri
youtu.be/ezmJO8v_S-4
youtube.com/watch?v=ec7JCwez5IY
youtube.com/watch?v=5xqT3HYDgv0
youtube.com/watch?v=UkNZIr0vvN8
youtube.com/watch?v=A1JYF9WiWoM
youtube.com/watch?v=7MKzXmAzHRo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It was fucking amazing.
Level design, enemy design, boss designs, all are a notch above the first game, Ryomen is probably the best yokai boss out of both games.
I also noticed that no human boss thus far has been an LW spammer. They only enter the mode for 1 attack.

GOTY

Goty and coom approved

10 days left anons

One year for me.

Attached: 1572877358209.jpg (1656x1080, 1.44M)

everything was great just that Burst Counter needs to be adjusted, Dark Realm should be more oppressive and they have to revert the death music back to the original Freed from this Mortal Coil

Attached: Nioh 2 Last Chance Trial_20200301001941.jpg (969x941, 246K)

Burst counter is 100% fine, sounds like user error.

The character creation was really nice.
A shame I am was very bad and couldn't get to the first boss. I did way better with Nioh 1, I guess I wasn't concentrated enough.

Nah. I agree with him. Brute feels like it simply outclasses the other two. There's pretty much no reason to choose feral or phantom.

it's too easy and low cost is what I mean

That's not a problem.

Sick of this mentality where every boss fight should have you be a hair from death with nothing but weak evasive moves.
If you use your moves correctly you should dominate the enemy, not barely scrape by.

Oh ok, I agree then.
With this I do not, I didn't test phantom but feral was fine. Works more like a counter but you still have a large window to hit, the only enemy that is kind of tricky is titty snake when she's gazing.

Loved it. I haven’t anticipated a game this much in awhile.

I'm super hyped to get the game. That and there's way too many anons who made Xehanort over the weekend

just started paying the first game, I tried wearing heavy armour and increased my equip load to 110% and my character moved at the same speed, what does equip load effect? stamina regen?

also any tips for beginners? what benefits do you get from familiarity with a weapon? and why is it tied to individual weapons instead of weapon types.

it slows your rolls and increase stamina usage

>increases stamina usage
ooh, didn't notice stamina usage desu, mainly programmed to focus on the regen, good to know.

Familiarity is pretty much just a small damage/defence boost for sticking with the one weapon or piece of armor.

There are proficiency points for weapon types though. Pretty sure you can view them on the status page. In the first game, they were mostly tied to some dojo missions that you couldn't do until you reached x proficiency with y weapon type. In Nioh 2, it's probably even more apparent since you gain specific skill points for using the weapon type, instead of it all being lumped under "samurai skills".

Lets talk about switchglaives high stance hard attack!
Highest reach, moderately fast and great damage. How can others even compete?

oh, I have an item in my inventory that says it gives me 2 samurai points, do I use those to increase proficiency?

GOD
TIER
COMBAT

>How can others even compete?
by not being a chu2 weapon

The samurai locks? Just use them whenever you pick them up. Same with ninja and onmyo locks. If we're talking about Nioh 1, samurai skill points let you buy new abilities for all your weapon types in the skills menu.

putting points into magic seems like a waste. Or is magic worth a shit this time?

SG's high stance strong is good but it's around the same tier of usefulness as 1kat's high stance strong and odachi's high stance strong.
Still in top 3 of heavy attacks though.

They've actually managed to make it even more useless.

>wanted to make my nigga Manji
>Don't know how
>No hairstyle that really fits

Attached: 1582829451237.png (1000x730, 1.01M)

is the demo still playable?

I didn't get to play the demo.
Did 1Kat and Odachi get any new moves?

kek so only good for sloth again

Are gun tonfas any good? Never got enough skill points to try out the gun part

free range attacks

titty slider yet

sloth is shitty in this one
barrier talisman on the other hand, based

What does Barrier do?

>barrier talisman
hmmm noted, will try in 10 days.

I actually prefer the other combo ender skills that don't let you use them, however they do add 'flat' damage to combos i.e. even low stance gets a big damage ender which means you can stay in low stance being extremely mobile and still do good damage.
In the LTC I beat Hot Coldman first time purely in low stance using the heavy attack to gap close and then firing off the guns.
Another thing to consider is that only one weapon has them and you might want to use the yokai/purity weapons which don't have the guns in them.

auto purge talisman + talisman that increases your Ki damage on yokai are both pretty decent

youtube.com/watch?v=JRA752Nop4w&t=229s
How can other action-rpg's even compete with this?

Kekkai from the first game. Increased Ki regen and free yokai pool dispel.

Increases Ki regen and dispels the yokai realm pools that yokai drop on the floor
basically just use it when a boss goes into the dark realm and you completely negate it

spending another point on it lets it affect allies too

Based XLHG

How come spear got outclassed when it comes to poking from range?

Attached: spear.jpg (600x600, 28K)

>burst counters barely cost any meter

I'm replaying Nioh 1 on pc and haven't played any Nioh 2 stuff, though i do plan to get it on it's ps4 release.

Someone explain to me how being able to cancel literally every single high commitment/recovery move with a dodge or block that instantly makes your Ki regen begin is not absolutely broken. Everyone seems to agree Axe is still pretty low tier but since you can cancel out of everything all the fucking time surely it's pretty good now?

>Everyone seems to agree Axe is still pretty low
once sou gain some stats its high hard attack is absolutely broken.

Phantom still takes ki damage if you block a hit and Feral has like a second of recovery after use. You can easily get fucked if the enemy is in the middle of a string.

based manjichad

Attached: yea.jpg (522x1764, 514K)

>dropped souls are automatically collected when you enter a boss room
Love this. All these tiny QoL changes make me feel like the devs are really trying.

That's a good idea. I'll try making it when the game comes out.

Actually tripped me up the first time it happened and I ran around the arena like a spaz looking for them before I got smacked in the back and died.

Can’t fuggin wait bros
I hope the threads stay comfy

maybe we get some extra hairs on release.
and butt slider

Tonfa dash looks utterly insane for mobility

It feels so good actually. Tonfa honestly has some of the best forward momentum of all the weapons. Low and high stance have jumps on their strong attacks and the skill where you charge up then stinger forwards is actually overtuned to my mind, does insane damge, charges quickly and outranges pretty much every enemy.

Had a blast but wished Mezuki was harder and an actual boss and not part of a mini gauntlet
I really wanna try a SG build once the game releases but can't be arsed to spend points in magic

Attached: 1578786316363.jpg (485x702, 69K)

the patrician choice is to pump stamina until you can wear armour that lets you have hyper armour on 75% of your attacks and reduces damage a shit ton while letting you keep B agility, then points in heart/courage for a good Ki pool and THEN start putting points in damage.

Damage from stat scaling is absolutely negligible until you start absolutely pumping them.

from what I heard he is the actual first boss, so his difficulty is OK.

Still the best combat game out there. Had a blast but didn’t invest too much time after beating it messing about. Just waiting for release now. 3 player coop was unequivocally the right choice, it was great playing with people who sucked and who knew what they were doing.

Did they remove Diablo loot?
Interconnected single world or still using level-based world?

I though feral was better with Iframes and the added movement. On the two niggas toed together boss ivusually took a chunk of damage as brute countering. But feral was ez. Didn't try phantom.

same mission and loot structure as first game

Feral absolutely dumpsters the other 2 for combat utility

No. Kinda wondering why people keep asking that question.

He is the first boss as shown on the JP streams
in fact he's the very first enemy in the game you need to avoid then you fight him as the boss of the first area

Yokai Burst counter:
Phantom = Feral > Brute
Yokai Burst utility
Feral > Brute > Phantom
Yokai Shift movesets:
Phantom > Feral > Brute

Wew
Hard pass for me then. Diablo loot and the lack of a nice, interconnected world made the first game one of the worst Soulslikes in the market (not the worst because Code Vein exists).

Imagine if they had listened to the people who wanted to like the first game, but gotta pander to number autists.

>soulsfag wants the game to just be another flat souls copy
kindly neck yourself.

Why would they pander to people who didn't like the first game and not people who liked it?

Nioh has always been designed to be all about the combat and combat encounters, the setting and other systems are just a shell to host the gameplay.

>Imagine if they had pandered to people who didn't like the game instead of people who did
Based retard.

What makes Phantom burst counter equally as good as Feral even though they pretty much achieve the same, while Feral has the benefit of a much bigger input leeway and the fact that even if you don't do a burst counter, you dodge away from harm

replaying nioh 1 after experiencing feral dodge, the expanded movesets and higher quality enemy variety/movesets in 2 honestly makes the first game feel pretty garbage in comparison.

Fuck off back to Souls then

Attached: 1582932510835.jpg (257x257, 10K)

Well, the Souls formula works. Why change something that isn't broken?

The people who wanted to play a nice Soulsborne vastly outnumbers the people that was happy with Diablo shit.

Souls proves how important atmosphere and exploration is; neglecting it makes a shallow experience.

Don't worry, I will.

Yeah

In Nioh 1 they also benefit from a starred skill damage on the weapon (either with devastation or the 1 handed thing I can't remember the name of) and it's pretty much the only way to make tonfas do megadamage if you can't/don't want to deplete the enemy's ki

The fact it's a counter with a stationary hitbox so if your timing is good you can counter the abilities Feral risks simply dodging through.

>The people who wanted to play a nice Soulsborne vastly outnumbers the people that was happy with Diablo shit.
Ok. Where do you get those numbers from?

will there be more variety in enemies and enviroments this time?

I feel like feral has no downsides. Brute is good if you're going to be sitting on the enemy's dick all day, but if you ever step outside point blank there will be attacks you can't catch without trading or can't catch at all if they're purely ranged. Phantom gives you a lot more time to react than brute since it's a parry rather than an interrupt and is functional at any range, but if you fudge the timing then you block one hit and then eat the rest because you're stuck there. Feral doesn't seem to have a downside because it works at any range and if you fudge the timing it still functions as a long dodge that will most likely put you on the other side of the attack anyway.

Also people seem really quick to forget that the spirits have stats and there will be a lot of them. There will undoubtedly be a best spirit for your build or goal, and you won't have control over what type it is. That might be mitigated if they add back in dual spirit switching so you can always pack what counter you want in the 2nd slot.

>If you use your moves correctly you should dominate the enemy, not barely scrape by.
you dont need the burst counter for that
it just makes it even easier

>souls proves how important etc
but nioh isn't trying to be a souls game. Nioh 2 legitimately plays more like Ninja Gaiden or DMC than it plays like souls.

Leaving counters aside, phantom also has ranged attacks in it's yokai form.

As of may 2016 Dark Souls 3 sold three million copies. That's just a couple months after launch.
Meanwhile it took three years and a fuckton of Steam sales / PSN sales for Nioh to reach that number.

Add to that how most of Nioh 1's sales came from Souls fans expecting to get something similar, only to find a shitty game that didn't know if it wanted to be Diablo, Dark Souls or Onimusha. Now that we know better, I guarantee that Nioh 2 will be a commercial failure

Item system still suck

And if you compare Souls combat to Nioh, Souls is far more shallow instead. You can't make an argument that if one game has one quality that is better than the other, disregarding any other qualities that it's worse at, it is ultimately the better game. If you don't want shallow combat, you play Nioh

>Well, the Souls formula works. Why change something that isn't broken?
Just like WoW worked for the MMO genre, right?

Your ass then. Good to know.

>Well, the Souls formula works. Why change something that isn't broken?
Because it's Nioh and not Dark Souls 4 you fat retard, post body.

Seems like there's gonna be a lot of depth to combat but I still really don't like the ki pulse mechanic, espcecially since it's mandatory to use against yokai.

>As of may 2016 Dark Souls 3 sold three million copies. That's just a couple months after launch.
90% of sales come in the first week

Get the pulse dodge upgrade then

>every single enemy has a grab attack
And dropped. This meme needs to die, nobody wants to see their character get grabbed and violated. Why aren't plain old strikes enough?

dont get grabbed then pussy

I won't, because I won't be buying the game. Shame too, because I actually really enjoy the combat.

soulsfags really are the dumbest motherfuckers these days
I guess the decline of the souls fanbase can't be helped when normalfags jump on the bandwagon

>nobody wants to see their character get grabbed and violated.

Attached: anime face4.jpg (680x680, 72K)

when DSP is better than Yea Forums at games
LMAO

>getting grabbed and thrown around is a big no no
>but getting slashed, impaled and burned is fine
What

dude just dodge backwards lmao

Grab attacks remove control of the character for longer periods of time and like I said, make you feel violated, it's even worse if you play as a cute girl.

>my dark souls clone is better than your dark soul clone
fuck off

>Create universal telegraph for throws with gray palm shit
>Bitches still whine because they have to react/play around a potential throw they can react to.

Pitiful. I hope there is another Yokai power besides the Oni that lets me throw blocking humanoids though.

>boo hoo i got violated in a video game

Attached: nioh 2.jpg (930x916, 71K)

This, cannot stand playing on console anymore

I’m just passing through to let you know you sound like a tremendous faggot.

>Yea Forums always says that fps is more important than graphics
>nioh 2 runs at 60fps on ps4
>WAAAHH IT LOOKS LIKE SHIT THE GRAPHICS SUCK

Who are you quoting? I think you replied to the wrong post

>having to decide between good frames and graphics

>having to decide between playing the game next week or playing the game next year

idk I just spent like 2 hours creating a character and masturbating to it, when I finally got in the actual game I felt it was the same shit as Nioh 1, got bored and uninstalled it

*next year with every dlc at lower price

>Dark Realm should be more oppressive
Yeah, but they wont do it because many people complained about it during the first trial. At least it won be the case at first, who knows about mid game, etc. Im ready for a "dark realm all the time" level.

>revert the death music back to the original

This

too expensive for you, huh

Then dont play it and fuck off

>poe and nioh 2 next week
help anons

he probably means the PC release

i know
he's waiting a year to play the game so he can save 20 bux

>wew
Disregard the opinion of anyone who says this. Guaranteed retard

>PC Safi siege the same day as Nioh 2

Attached: 1575148392797.jpg (500x495, 40K)

Almost all the changes made from the Beta to here were god awful, and due to them murdering Dark Realm and overbuffing the player yet again in many mechanics the bosses despite being incredibly well designed with excellent fun movesets, were far far too easy and had their pathetically low health exposed with minimal knowledge. Everything they've actually added is downright fantastic, which is why it's so abysmal how they keep fucking up these things to try and help these morons have to think and read as little as possible, when their entire problems are caused solely by them not thinking and reading. Anyway, I can fart on co-op partners who try to hide and make me solo everything, great game.

or maybe he prefers playing on pc?

*40 and not having to compromise between graphics and frames

>revert the death music back to the original Freed from this Mortal Coil
Fuck you. Nioh 1 had such awful music aside of boss tracks that it now triggers PTSD every time I hear it. New death music is much better.

Tell me we can kill him early for a bonus.

kill yourself

>tfw I'll play PC version with all DLCs for 20$ at 4K and silky smooth 60fps while PS4 plebs will stuck at """action""" mode which is like 900p with drops

Attached: 1448439697712.jpg (1280x800, 64K)

schizo

you can engage him so probably? they never tried on the stream

Not him. WoW is unironically a far better MMO than any of the modern titles which are just a skin and character creator attached to a mobile game.

I liked the levels in the last beta better and the weight and musculature features in the CC were bit of a let down. Still, had a blast and I'll be buying the game

theres always ps5 and its backwards compatibility

Been replaying Nioh 1. These guys are still the hardest enemies in the game. They have like a million different combo variations, and they can even choose to have delayed timings on their combo strings. In the mission against Shigazane Date on Way of the Nioh difficulty, there's like a hundred of these enemies scattered throughout the level, many of which are elites. It's fucking insane.

The version with the single sword is 10 times harder than the version with the dual swords.

Some people might say the Magatsu Warrior is the toughest, but once you break his extra hands he no longer becomes a threat.

Attached: namahage.png (320x310, 112K)

The Diablo loot I can kinda understand but "interconnected world" is a bit of a meme. I like them but I can also appreciate more focused levels that have more separated art style. There's a reason why my mind blanks on most of the areas in the later Souls games but I still remember DeS areas fondly.

>tfw i'll play it on PS4 next week a year before PC only cucks and then play it again on PC later

Attached: face1.png (868x754, 826K)

Play the tutorial, read the Amrita Memories as it has explanations for everything basic, there's a help button that displays what things mean, read the bottom of the screen to see what buttons do on menus, read nigga read.
Besides that, you need to spend all the time you need getting to grips with the core mechanics of Ki Pulse, stances, the full movesets of your weapon and the reasons behind dodging, blocking (which works after being hit, unlike dodging) and dashing, with Nioh 2 adding the Burst Counter to those base important actions. Beyond that, you should also read the Skill trees and understand the finer points of how to use your weapon as skills (just like Yokai Skills in 2 will do) vastly increase the functionality of your offense and defense in combat to become a very important mechanic as well. The Defense stat is a lie, if you want proper survivability, heavier armour comes with higher Damage Reduction (vs.Physical in Nioh 2) as well as more Toughness to reduce guard costs and add hyper armour to your base moveset in exchange for less dodge distance and higher Ki costs on everything else, and you can level to increase health among many other options. Enemies do have high damage but don't be one of those people who think you can't do anything about it.

It's extremely strong but I guess that's the kind of game they want to make. Nioh has always put more emphasis on player side attack sequences instead of the back and forth interaction with enemies. Letting you cancel out of everything so you never need to care about commitment and openings is classic mashemup action game.

This. Being an idort feels so good. While all the children who were only able to convince their parents to buy them one console are having catfights, we idorts get to enjoy all games.

Ok. It's retarded that they buffed it because when compared to the two hold triangle skills you get it originally fit right in the middle of those two and made perfect sense in that regard, and even before it didn't need a buff.

Still holding out on the dlc adding more weapons
the additions overall are great but man i wish we got nunchucks and polearms

Attached: 1577667881255.jpg (440x586, 26K)

Familiarity also lets you transfer effects and bonuses on one weapon to another when you soul match at the black smith.

Does anyone here actually like weapons bouncing off of walls? If there is one thing I want removed from Nioh more than anything else it's that. What the fuck does weapon bouncing add to the gameplay experience?

Because unless you're in the Dark Realm your Anima gain is not very high which makes it even harder to have enough for Yokai Skills or dealing with Burst Attacks if you're burning through it, the dodge has a bit of recovery to it which can be punishable while the guard still costs your Ki. Anyone that thinks the Axe is bad is bad at the game, but it also is the one that benefits the most from Burst Counters and Yokai Skills now so it's going to be even better.

they said they will add more weapon types with the dlcs, just like the first game

So that you have to consider the environment you're fighting in at least a bit.

>and polearms
How differently would a polearm's moveset be against a spear's? Spears already have thrusting and slashing moves.

aye they did?
appreciate the heads up i tend to avoid anything related to nioh because i don't want anything spoiled but i appreciate it bro

is there any way to get the cutscenes in nioh 1 pc to play at 60 fps?

if they hire me very different i'm talking full athletic polearm movement

Not that I'm aware of. Nioh 1 only has one mod as far as I know, and that's a mod that toggles certain post-processing effects.

Please add claws in dlc

Attached: 1581538165686.jpg (999x1068, 115K)

While the Burst Attack design shores it up quite a bit still due to how each is naturally dealt with best using a certain Burst Counter, the changes really fucked with the balance between the three of them. Feral originally was the one with the highest risk and challenge to using it to deal with Burst Attacks due to having to dodge right through so it hit where you used to be, while also offering the greatest utility and reward for learning how to use it due to it and Phantom actually being able to counter normal attacks as well, and Feral even being able to Yokai Grapple them. The rest still have their uses so it's not so much that it just leaves them in the dust, but the level of handholdyness they poured into it is just awful, while removing the normal attack counter makes them much less interesting too.

Seeing how hard the ps4 shat the bed in dark realms even with action mode I'm happy to wait.

If you die without your Spirit it plays the original death music, although maybe they should have flipped the songs round.

I liked it since you had to think more about where and when you swung, and it added a natural consideration to what attack and weapon you used.
But lucky for you, they actually did remove that in Nioh 2, so that's one less thing you get to think about.

What does this kanji mean?

Attached: 1554432209788.jpg (1920x1080, 161K)

Ningen

You mean like how Spear and Switchglaive can pole vault and jump around the place and leap over enemies, or how Spear and Switchglaive movesets can constantly spin and twirl the thing around you?

yeah but more of that

What did I think of the demo?

秀 - excellence

Plus i wanna hear a nice meaty thwack with every hit

you thought it was great

That's what wooden weapons are for, in addition to fixing the game significantly. Just hope that they decide to let us use them from the beginning. Though I didn't realize that by polearm you meant like a bo staff, and that's something that could quite easily fit into the Spear's moveset the way Axes and Hammers work, and that's something they should do much more in general.

not good enough i demand a whole new weapon tree for both hammers and bo staffs

you can draw kanji in google translate

Help me out. I want to play original Nioh but I'm still not used to constantly dying.
Any advice?
I'm using mostly the kusarigama, but I'm also only two shrines in to the second area (demon isle).
What is a good secondary weapon? When is it important to switch strances? What are good skills to spend Samurai points on?
I've already figured out there's no reason to not pop living weapon if I have it and I'm in trouble, but I don't want to rely on it too much since it obviously won't be available all the time.

>they have to revert the death music back to the original Freed from this Mortal Coil
This, the new song fucking sucks

Same, feels fucking good man. Though I cant technically call myself an idort this generation because I sold my Xbone but who gives a shit.

dying and learning is part of the fun, if you dont want to have fun just use a ninjutsu build throw kunai like a retard and shit on the game

listen bud don't be a dork and play the game for yourself and figure it out for yourself don't play with someone elses knowledge or experience it only dappens the experience of a video game

Attached: 1536244186651.jpg (990x665, 286K)

Niohfags are this fucking autistic

just try all the weapons and see what you like using, they are all good
get the skills that let you ki pulse when dodging
you can always respec if you fuck up your skills

Katana literally goes with every weapon, its a nice balanced moveset with decent defensive options

grab attacks don't even fucking outright kill you though. unless you're fighting Ryomen. git gud, faggot

should help you out as well.
Every weapon comes with so many options that ultimately you can make any combination work, and scaling from stats is generally minimal compared to the level and effects of the weapon on top of any other methods of increasing damage, so your weapon choices should come down solely to what you enjoy the most or think looks the coolest. The benefits and weaknesses of each stance are really quite obvious at a first glance, and how best to make use of them is something you need to be practicing and experimenting with now so you can properly learn for yourself, but I can summarize them to an extent: high stance is damage mode via having heavy hitting attacks for after the enemy attacks, mid stance is defense mode via having wide ranged attacks to keep enemies at bay before they attack, low stance is evasive mode via having quick low commitment attacks for when the enemy is trying to attack. You can change stance at any time you want, there is no reason not to change to whatever you feel you can make use of at each time.
Every skill is generally useful at what it can do, there's very very little that aren't worth getting and even those can have some uses to them. Just do not learn the skill for making your dodge Ki Pulse until you're at least around the third region or something. It's nothing but a crutch that will stop you learning how to Ki Pulse properly. Learn Flux and how to do it instead, or get that skill in high stance only. Living Weapon is similarly a bit of a crutch because you already deal so much damage that using it becomes overwhelming, so you'd be better ignoring it.

Theres one that boosts ki recharge rate and carnage talisman which increases attack. These will be very useful for heavy armour builds.

I wish they let us play the demo up until release. Theres so many things I still want to test out.

Faggots like you are why Souls kiddies are considered a joke.

>Just do not learn the skill for making your dodge Ki Pulse until you're at least around the third region or something. It's nothing but a crutch that will stop you learning how to Ki Pulse properly.

Shit advice. Ki pulse is strictly muscle memory, nothing more. There isn't any skill involved or ant deep mechanics behind it. It just slows down combat just so you can show off your epixxxx iai spam with stylish ki pulses.

>What is a good secondary weapon
Whatever you want, man. All the weapons are viable, use 1 katana or the spear if you cant decide
>When is it important to switch strances?
When you get the skills to ki pulse while changing stances. Also, I like to move on low stance most of the time cause its the quickest, specially to evade. Then change to either mid or high when attacking to make more damage, it depends on how much time you have to attack, or what angle you need to attack (horizontal for more than one enemy, vertical when the enemy is too high or too low, etc)
>What are good skills to spend Samurai points on?
If you are a newbie, I would recommend to focus on getting the skills that allow you to ki pulse while dodging
Also, living weapong will refill quickly once you get a grasp on the game, by then you will barely use it. Again, if you are new, my advice is to save it for boss fights and try to save it for the last quarter of his life bar

You sound absolutely horrible at the game and I'm sure you were one of those still crying about the Dark Realm and the bosses taking too long despite how pathetically low their health still is.

Ok, but it feels good. And it allows you to actually understand the combat, at least when you are figuring it out for yourself.

No, it didn't. More often than not it meant.

>oh, I cornered this enemy
>but if I attack I'm gonna bounce like crazy
>I guess I can't use this particular combo and I'll just back off for a few seconds and let this opponent live, hopefully he'll immediately come to me instead of wasting my time by sticking around the wall or hopping back towards the wall

There's a reason why almost everybody picks the spear Mystic Art that removes bouncing from thrusting attacks. I reckon that if there was a similar Mystic Art that prevented bouncing for other weapons, 99% of people would pick that shit too.

There's far more to it than that. Because it acts as both a Ki refill and an animation cancel based on your timing as well as purifying Yokai Realms on a full bar (until they dumbed that down at least and made the window far wider), at which point you actually want to Ki Pulse changes significantly based on your situation, how much Ki you have and what you want to be doing, and keeps you always thinking at any given moment so you can time it to what you want.

>No it didn't.
>greentext scenario where it did exactly that
That you only thought of a single approach to it is your problem. Spear, the weapon designed around having to think about it's surroundings the most still literally has a skill for you in these scenarios and it sure isn't Stability.
>There's a reason why almost everybody picks the spear Mystic Art that removes bouncing from thrusting attacks
Because it increases their range, allowing you to use Chidori's highly damaging thrusts on much lower targets, and because Fluidity is ultimately useless when you can change to high stance mid attack and Ki Pulse to get Spear Stance Change on any stance without it.

In 2 does Tonfa still prevent you from utilizing Flux if you stance change at the same time as you demon dance?

I really hate how you have to delay the stance switch and I find myself constantly running out of Ki with tonfa in Nioh 1 because of how ingrained the normal flux timing is.

Serious question, why is the modding community for Nioh non-existent? The PC port may have had some issues, but that's never stopped modders from modding PC ports with even worse issues.

Is Nioh on PC simply impossible to mod because of the way it's coded or something?

then you smack their horns constantly with Odachi and kill their ki in one go

Mod what into it? The game's already good. Hell, you even have model swaps built into the game so there goes the need to mod in Okatsu.

My life is fucking complete.
>GE3
>Nioh
>Elden ring sOOOOOOhn
>Nioh 2 beta was everything i wanted which is Nioh but better
>iceborne still going strong
action rpgs are on the rise

It still works like that, it's just a quirk of the weapon/skill that you have to deal with, same with Spear Stance Change, or you can simply unequip it and use Kannagi for your Demon Dance needs.
I'm not sure, it is a mystery because they could have done quite a lot with it good or bad and there's a lot of info that would be quite nice to have the hard numbers on rather than having to figure it out.
For one thing, they could have attempted to revert all the shit changes made to the game from the Alpha onwards, but I wouldn't expect many of the PC guys to know or even understand where to begin there. However I bet they were lazy with their changes since that Flux lock on movement glitch still exists so it could perhaps be relatively easy if more of a scene developed.

I dunno, simple things like being able to skip the intro logos (Kou Shibusawa, etc.) and go straight to the title menu instead of waiting or mashing through these logos? Lots of other games have this mod. Or maybe other things like FOV mods or hell even a mod that gives us back that Zelda-esque Z-lockon camera angle from the alpha version of the game? Or a mod that allows the cinematics to play at 60fps?

Actually I think I should go further in detail with this. It doesn't get in the way of Flux since the stance swap just happens afterwards, but for Flux 2 you have to wait until the first stance change is actually done to go to the next one, or delay your timing to do the full sequence after Demon Dance is over.

In Nioh 1 the initial flux doesn't work either though.

Here you can see demon dance flux 1 (nothing) vs standard flux 1+2

Attached: demonflux.webm (1000x562, 2.75M)

I think that's because you're doing it by hitting all the buttons at the exact same time. The input is "supposed" to be R1, then stance change, and normally it's just lenient enough that you can do them at the same time and still get it, but because of Demon Dance that could be overriding it, although doing it a little later in the animation still worked if I remember since the actual stance swap animation comes out.

it is, i've always fluxed by simultaneous inputs and i can't function with tonfa because of it

I suppose in that case it's just back to my other suggestions then, though unequipping it is quite a bit more reasonable an idea with Tonfa than it is with Spear, because not only do you have Kannagi to Demon Dance whenever you want, but because they completely fucked up by making every stance have Dodge Pulse, Demon Dance is mostly superfluous and only really worth it for style and fun (and Pulverize), which you can still get via Kannagi again.

What do you all think of the first mission of the game? I think it's a much more interesting mission than the jail mission in Nioh 1. And the boss is Mezuki, who I feel is a better boss than Derrick the Executioner. The level is also quite beautiful too, with the cherry blossom trees throughout and all.

Here's the video, it starts at 32:48.
youtube.com/watch?v=HOVdJ8PeTG8

Also, can anyone translate the opening text of Nioh 2? Pic related.

Attached: opening text of nioh 2.png (1247x448, 81K)

I'm debating whether I want to actually watch that or not, but I might just do so anyway. Mezuki did seem pretty obviously an early boss with him being part of a gauntlet though he was really fun to fight, but it doesn't excuse the health issues which will still be present in the initial fight.

i dont want to spoil the game any more

Attached: frog18.jpg (891x597, 141K)

Nioh is such a fucking misunderstood game. I'm really tired of hearing peoples terrible opinions and advice, even from people who like and play the game.

There's a reddit thread today where someone who claims to be a souls vet asked for advice going into Nioh. A lot of people kept claiming gear mattered, when on your first playthrough it doesn't, there were 2 or 3 people who unironically said to use magic. One of them actually said "get sloth asap".

Attached: 1572734958176.jpg (225x225, 85K)

If I go glaive, do I need high magic because of the scaling?

I love nioh!

Attached: 1543928637408.jpg (400x400, 58K)

weapon scaling basically doesn't matter until you're level 200+

30 points in your weapons highest scaling stat means you might kill normal enemies in like 1 or 2 attacks less

And where does the weapon damage come from? Just the highest weapon level?

weapon level and whatever modifiers it has on it

desu I wish stats had a bit more of a bigger impact earlier on.

i don't understand how people like this game. the gameplay is terrible and the graphics are horrendous

Don't respond to bait. Ignore, press that minus button and hide the stubs.

Makes sense Mezuki is first boss. For a first boss hes pretty good too pretty fullish moveset and still teaches people alot. Derrick was just some raw trash i have no idea why they even didn't have people fight him and had you just LW into a cutscene.

At the very least Derrick could've fought like the Derrick in the basement where the charge seemed alittle faster and he did actual axe oni swings.

>I don't understand how people like different things to me

This seems like a post I would have made in an alternate reality where I browsed Reddit, because I'm also just so very tired of the nonstop false information and shit takes from people everywhere. Lack of information is the biggest thing plaguing the series, either from players not bothering to learn or experiment with any part of the game's mechanics or tutorials and complaining, or the developers not understanding that the feedback is coming from people like that and how their changes are doing nothing but making it worse for those people as well as those who enjoy delving deeper into the game in any aspect.

I also really like the yokai skill you get for him.

Skimmed through, don't wanna spoil it too hard but yeah you're right, that stage is stunning. The art direction in 2 is SO fucking good.

this but unironically. its an objectively bad game

Base damage scales with all of the relevant stats, not just the highest. In NG+ you'll want to max out magic and whatever other two stats affect glaive. During your first run through, focus on magic.

Mezuki is a good filter boss imo not that he will filter that many people but its a boss that atleast requires some fundamentals to beat that will be useful the entire game
>Big wide attacks you cannot always avoid so the player is taught the importance of blocking
>Big attacks that teach the player spactual awareness.
>Alot of counterable attacks.

I feel like ALOT and i mean ALOT of people who even finished Nioh 1 didn't know how important blocking was and how it could've prevented alot of anguish when they tried to Souls dodge through everything. Also alot of people still get combo'd without knowing blocking is instant so they dodge only to be stuck in hit stun instead of after getting hit blocking then dashing out of block stun.

I hope Moonshiggy's armor and weapons return. My favorite set

They do to an extent, since every level also increases your health, and the difference for me at level 1 compared to having all my stats at 10 was about 550 health, which is quite significant. That's besides how they affect all your other stats, which is really a better way of handling it, and not just because of how shoddily balanced the damage is. For reference, I also went from like 100 to 120 Attack on my level 1 common starter Switchglaive when I leveled my stats back up, which isn't much compared to just getting a better weapon.

>Big wide attacks you cannot always avoid so the player is taught the importance of blocking
He hits pretty heavy though. Mind you, onryoki did the same

Gear doesn't matter to beat Nioh but Gear matters in the sense where if you have better gear especially on NG the game will get easier so maybe i can see that.
>Lol just use Sloth bro
Hate these people. They then counter with the whole "dude you gotta use everything its in the game". It is but the same Souls retards will call laming out any Souls boss cheesing and what not. Honestly Sloth feels like a filter the devs put in the game and kept so that retards can beat bosses.

>my subjective opinion is objective because i'm autistic
Not this time buddy

Blame Team Ninja because they tried to copy Dark Souls really hard. And Nioh overall is very confusing game, a crazy blend of multiple genres and mechanics which barely work together. It also has lots and lots of glaring issues and it seems Nioh 2 didn't even attempt to fix fundamental ones like retarded endgame.

Yep. I wish people would do better guides. If I had a good mic and wasn't recording on shitty base PS4 i'd go all out making tutorials for Nioh 2. I think I still will but through them up on a google doc which probably won't get seen by many people that need it the most. Pic related is one of the comments from the thread I was talking about

I didn't get to play him enough to really see his full moveset, he definitely seems easier than onryoki desu, which is the first real boss while derrick is more like a mini-boss.
I also felt like his basic swings were super easy to avoid without dodging, I didn't get to fight him long enough to optimize but I wouldn't be surprised if you can beat him super easily by just sticking right next to his body unless he has good attacks to keep you off him up close. You're right tho blocking is important.

Attached: tips for beginners.png (838x200, 129K)

Discord and ki pulse is actually good advice, but they didn’t explain how important stances are, which is an issue most people coming from souls have

Yeah you're right nioh is such a huge dark souls rip off. It definitely doesn't play like it's own game and just borrows some of the mechanics. Not gonna pretend it doesn't take dark souls mechanics but the game plays nothing like DS and you can play it like DS but you'll be tripling the time it takes for you get through every encounter

Attached: 1580772847518.gif (202x360, 1.84M)

Yeah, it's definitely a solid one to give to a new player. Hefty damage, big range, staggers Yokai, but comes with a huge windup so you need to know when to actually use it. Plus it's satisfying as hell to land.
>t.every fucking revenant around
It's not even a particularly good set either which is just the icing on the cake.

I kinda felt the opposite but at the same time i had no prior idea on how he was going to function and was rushing it too hard for 3-4 tries. But that is just me i feel like Yokai bosses in the beta were intimidating as fuck to me just because of the twilight realm shit so there are bound to be some very easy ones that make me feel otherwise from spectacle alone.

Can't blame people for wanting to wear BIG PIMPIN

Attached: IZA.jpg (1024x1024, 106K)

>Copy DaS really hard
>If you play Nioh like DaS you will get BTFO by the harder bosses and areas.
>Has mechanics the Souls games wouldn't dare have like ki pulse and stance cancelling since Mizayaki is a hack who cannot make depth.

>muh leveling and gear
you can literally speedrun the whole game at level 1 under 90 minutes
bosses die in a few seconds
knowing how to play is far more important than level and gear

The beginning reminds me about Sengoku Youko yet again.

Why was the nioh of the west such a baller but the nioh of the east was a complete joke of a boss fight?

>who cannot make depth.
To this day, I'll still baffled by the reason as to why Sekiro only allows players to equip one Combat Art at a time. There are so many ways to input multiple Combat Arts but for some reason he only allows L1+R1. Imagine if you could directional inputs like L1 + forward on your analog stick or L1 + spin your circle 360 degrees.

Fucking retard, I didn't say it plays like DS, I said they copied DS in many aspects even when it wasn't necessary at all.
>death system is identical to souls
>shortcuts are the same but literally has no purpose since they don't persist and there's often a shrine right after
>even fucking summoned people have the same colors as phantoms
The last one is especially retarded. I make a good loocking character and craft a nice set only to be glowing fucking yellow as coop partner for no other reason except IT'S LIKE IN SOULS. I can sort of get it for revenants but why the fuck for coop partners?

There are a few tutorials and guides out there on Youtube, and I know a lot of high level players stream the game and are open for helping, but at the same time most of these people refuse to help themselves because all of this info is practically spoonfed to people ingame already but they just refuse to read anything of it. I saw someone playing, a fairly big eceleb mind you, complaining about how he didn't understand how to Burst Counter properly and how shit it was, while the death screen hint right in front of him was both explaining how to Burst Counter, how that Burst Counter should be used, and had prompts to bring up a video AND go to a tutorial on how to Burst Counter. These people just don't want help, and it's not worth dumbing down the game when the only avenue left for the game to keep it's "masocore" status is to make it seem harder in ways that only affect those people still. Also that comment is really bad, Chaos in one completely nullifies the game and prevents you from learning anything or even having any fun at all, and there's basically only one and a half points that are good, with the one good one being the last one there. And no mention on stances as you say either, or blocking and dashing versus dodging.
>I think I still will but through them up on a google doc which probably won't get seen by many people that need it the most
You just reminded me of the Beta guide I wrote up for Nioh 1 a long time ago. Don't have the link anymore though but I think it hung around for a little while on /niohg/. Ah memories...

Its very silly yes. Its equally silly that Mikiri counter isn't a default in my eyes since the symbol appears before you even have the ability to counter it from what i can recall been awhile.

Ironically the only deep mechanics in Souls games come from glitches like animation cancels in DaS2 and stuff and its all unintentional jank.

There's no fucking reason to have colored overlays for players at all, you can tell they're not NPCs by their gear alone

I mean fair enough but that's what Refashion is for. And that's not really why most people wore it, they were just lazy.
Because when you design a boss about being a heavy battle of attrition who soaks up your hits while not giving a shit and keeps coming back for more, then halve the amount of health everything has, his design is kind of ruined. You can also see this on the Demon of Mt. Hiei mission with the buffed enemies and the crystals.

With how essential Mikiri is, does that mean a true No Upgrade Run for Sekiro is impossible?

I want that monk staff with rings in the end

Was it normal for this guy to absolutely shit on me in the last chance trial? I'm able to deal with the most ridiculous shit in Nioh 1 but I spent about an hour trying to beat this guy.

Exactly.

Fun but I was hoping they would drop the diablo loot system.

First beta was much more fun.

who where /ninjutsu/

It's just an easy and obvious identifier. It's kind of like how Vermintide 2 has the option to give your allies a big green outline, even though you'll never ever mistake them for the rat/zombie enemies the game throws at you.

The symbol is there because you can still deflect thrust attacks, you just can't block them.
>not only co-oping via the vastly superior Expeditions mode
In fact that should be the only co-op mode available.

Garbage. Sent shill.

>on last level of Nioh 1's DLC
>suddenly Otani and Mitsunari out of nowhere

Attached: c725a74c60efda5b87f90a37db99d49b0259c6024de5b739aeb8e963a410ada9.jpg (437x501, 46K)

Yes. I died to him 57 times but I had trouble with burst counter and he has a huge moveset that is a bit hard to get used to without doing a better analysis.

yes it's normal

where are the cute feet :C

It makes no sense, but I love it. It's a great way for me to practice their moves. Otani's boss in the Sekigahara mission is behind a long and tedious runback. Same with Mitsunari in the Defiled Holy Mountain. The runbacks in the DLC mission to these bosses is much better. So I practice fighting and no-damaging them there.

Attached: nioh30.jpg (1280x720, 150K)

Hope they improve the training grounds in the final release. I like the idea but it was kind of meh, it works but it could be better
>No dummy that you can wail on to see how much damage your attacks to
>Can't set the level of the enemy
>No ranged enemy
>Can't set player restrictions like non-regenerating anima

His moveset is pretty imposing and punishes people who commit without understanding how it works, while also having a few attacks that are specifically much more threatening than the rest, but once you get past those few barriers he becomes significantly easier, the moveset is still designed great but the problem is you don't have to fight it for nearly as long. I've been complaining about the lack of health but the terribly overbuffed Ki damage we have now that the max Ki reduction mechanic is a thing and the severely reduced Ki regen on Yokai means they really can't do anything for long.

Technically you can parry thrusts so no

Sometimes you just want to get summoned for revenge on an asshole boss

It took me like 3 or 4 hours and then I just said fuck it and beat him with summons. He was completely broken and definitely needs a massive nerf.

Aren't they unparryable? So you can parry like spear thrusts from that guy in the burning manor level without needing to use Mikiri? Then what's the point of Mikiri?

>Then what's the point of Mikiri?
Much bigger counter window and higher poise damage

For Otani, you could always use the Sawayama sidemission, I forget the name of it but you have to destroy three crystals, and when you destroy the last one you fight Otani there. Not sure if that would be faster or slower than The Last Samurai, but the mission overall is a lot shorter.

Please kill yourself

Nioh is kinda oldschool in its enemy design. You're suppose to pretty much learn and memorize all of their movesets and patterns and know the answers. When you learn the moveset every boss will be rather easy but as a trade your first attempts can feel extremely unfair and frustrating. It's pretty much the question of how fast you can adapt to the enemy.

Damn. Maybe once I'm done beating Nioh 2 on the highest difficulty, I'll give a No Upgrade Run of Sekiro a try. Might be fun with Demon Bell and no Kuro's Charm, though depending on how spongy enemies become without any upgrades, I might remove the Demon Bell requirement and just play on "normal" difficulty.

Knowing the movesets helps you much more, but pretty much every attack is well within reactable limits as long as you're actually watching and responding to what they're doing, and you should be learning how best to deal with them as the fight goes on, though you shouldn't expect to just win on the first try even if it's possible. Which is actually just like most oldschool design as well.

>grabs dont kill you
depends on your armor and health

The demo was extremely badly balanced. Enemies, especially him, were huge damage sponges while you generally die in one hit. Especially since ki pools and regev were way smaller and slower than the first game. Doesn't work at all. They need to tweak health and damage values significantly for release. As it was, it's dogshit. There was nothing to learn from him other than the devs are bad at designing boss fights and encounters that aren't cheap bullshit.

Pretty interesting to compare my first and second time killing ryomen. There is just so much to leanr with this fight that even tho it felt 10x easier the 2nd time, there is still a ton of optimization I could've done and I was kind of free flowing it, didn't use yokai skills nearly as much.

streamable.com/yxz05
streamable.com/qweri

Every attack is reactable but if it's your first time you don't always know what the rest of the attack will be as typically the first attack is reactable but anything after that can be unreactable. For example, an enemy might have a really long windup for an attack raising his weapon then slam down several times in a somewhat random pattern. Stuff like tea mans bomb attack isn't immediately reactable unless you know the attack or are really far away, you might instinctively dodge but most peoples dodge instinct is backwards which doesn't work against that

Attached: Nioh 2 Last Chance Trial_20200301230208.png (1920x1080, 2.64M)

Let me run through and trim this down this so everyone can know what's actually true and what's simply bullshit and tears.
>The demo was
And there you have it. No need to thank me.

Also you have to beat him with 4 elixers which isn't easy when you're locked to a level 5 at most weapon and basically chipping him for 100 damage + 40 elemental

>Enemies, especially him, were huge damage sponges
no, they really werent
you need to learn to use the different stances and different attacks instead of just spamming light attack in low/mid stance

I think demo was easier than the first game. Like Hisahide, he was so easy to deal with. Burst makes those previously annoying attacks so easy to counter. Compare him to Tachibana fight from Nioh 1 and you can easily see Nioh 2 was casualized.

>The demo was extremely badly balanced. Enemies, especially him, were huge damage sponges while you generally die in one hit.
That happens in literally the first area of the full game, just for your information
All the Yokai 2 shots you while some attacks like the Enki spear slam hits for over 1k

Absolute best case, 99 in B+ scaling is about 30% more damage to your weapon at the end of NG on katana. In the final difficulty pre-abyss, innate weapon damage has doubled due to item level alone but the scaling is the same resulting in 99 of a B+ stat being about 15% more damage.

The difference between scaling letters is also fairly small. C+ is about 25% stronger than D+, and B+ is about 50% stronger than C+. So going back to the original example, 99 in D+ is a 16% boost, 99 in a C+ is 20%, along with the B+'s 30%. If you had 99 in all 3 stats your weapon scales with, you're looking at about 66% increase to your damage, but that's also well over double the actual level you'd ever reach in NG. In way of the Nioh where you can obtain those kind of stats, that 297 levels is boosting your damage by only 33%.

It's not worth pumping a stat purely for damage until you have nothing better to spend levels on. Stats are usually more valuable for their secondary affects at least to soft caps, and it's smart to pump a stat with worse scaling but a better secondary affect first. For example, glaive scales strongest with magic and weaker with constitution and skill. The first is valuable for magic capacity, the second for health, and the third for retaining larger portions of ki on attacks that hit rather than whiff. You'll have a much better character having each of those stats at 30 than having one at 90. When you get what's valuable soft-capped, then focus on pure damage. It's not even a bad idea to pump every stat to 10 out of the gate, because they all pay out strong early on.

I always get filtered by cool vampire girl in the first game

Attached: 1581585941387.webm_20200223_105753.038.png (720x720, 462K)

you could get more elixirs from the kodama bazaar or offering items
you could get at least level 9 weapons in the first mission
you could use high stance and heavy attacks to deal more damage

>youtu.be/ezmJO8v_S-4

>ki pools and regev were way smaller and slower than the first game. Doesn't work at all.
Yep you reminded me to make this webm.
>Yokai pool doesn't heal some of his max ki
>Yokai pool doesn't give him an immediate boost in ki upon creation
>He's in the pool for a full 6 seconds and it doesn't regenerate any of his ki
>He actually takes ki and max ki damage while inside the pool
>Purifying yokai pools give you anima
Yokai pools do nothing for yokai and are more beneficial to the player, same with dark realm bosses

Attached: yokai pools SUCK.webm (716x562, 2.93M)

What did anons think of Ninja skills? Was there anything that stood out?

I think you're confusing something being reactable with someone knowing what's coming or what they want to do best to avoid it. You can generally react to each and every one of those moves, you react to the full sequence as it comes, but you might not always understand the best course of action which is fine because having more to learn and adapt to is what makes the bosses more interesting. Like what you say about the bomber man move isn't really correct, it's entirely reactable that he's going to do it, but that doesn't necessarily mean you know the exact way of dodging it, but the move gives you a decent indication of how to do so via him spending the time pulling the bomb out, and then charging right at you. Though that move is also a Burst Attack which has it's own option that's made pretty clear, but the interesting part is seeing what else you can do about it.

>you could use high stance and heavy attacks to deal more damage
You really need to conserve your ki when you're low level especially if you're using phantom and the counter fails so you get forced into blockstun

>Also you have to beat him
No thanks needed again, just doing my part to help you all out.

Seemed as useless as they were in the first game except the grenades which can do decent damage to some enemies.

My favorite thing is to rape human enemies with Tempest.

Attached: Nioh 2 Last Chance Trial_20200302054409.webm (900x506, 855K)

Wasn't kunai/shuriken stuff stupid strong?

are you retarded
ninja skills are basically cheating

You don't get forced into blockstun in this game. You can cancel a guard into a dodge at any time. Ki Pulse exists when you're low level just as it does when you're high level, and now we also have Yokai powers which don't cost Ki.

Burst counters other than Brute (since it's his thing) should not do any actual damage and do no ki damage along with costing 2-3 anima instead of 1.

Attached: 1530510783993.png (1920x1080, 3.98M)

Based, was not PREDICTABO
Also reminded me that a thread died before I could say the same to the guy that posted this
youtube.com/watch?v=ec7JCwez5IY

bombs and pills sure as hell didn't feel like cheating

You're the reason one of the best most interesting and well implemented mechanics in the game was fucked over so badly in the Trial.

No. They weren't worth using in 1 and aren't here. Takes up quick item slots that can be much better used on actually useful things.

so you are retarded

Nioh is way worse if you treat it like an actual action game. It’s way more fun to use all the systems to break the game. The game is just too poorly balanced and limited otherwise

I want to fight babby mezuki

This couldn't be any further from the truth. I can't get anything out of this one.

>those rape revenants on the second level
>spearfag constantly tries to sloth you

Attached: 1575436153982.png (256x443, 103K)

Nah. It doesn't need to be as good as it is because it's too braindead and reactable. Did you look at all the skills relating to BC? you get a ton of buffs for successfully doing one.

Can you not dodge his giant sweep attack by just dodging during that time?

Attached: E8B460C1-6100-47EA-83EE-F2FE9193E6F5.jpg (921x640, 100K)

if it's the first fight, you can just shoot them with a cannon

>tfw you get too close and end up aggroing the yoki too

Attached: 1580353248637.png (166x166, 36K)

>The game is just too poorly balanced and limited otherwise
So you just suck at the game then? Nice excuse for basically cheating.
>h-ha abusing magic is actually better because the games mechanics suck, i'm definitely not garbage at the game, look at me kill this boss in

The main reason I wanted Sloth (and Lightning as it is) out of the game is because enemies using it on you is extremely boring and unfun, and they didn't even have the decency to reduce the duration as hard as they did to the player version, though I'm pretty sure that can still be made to last longer when leveling so it's still not fixed. The only way it should ever be present is if it lasts a maximum of 3 seconds, and Lightning should just have a different effect altogether.

PC when?

The reason it feels so easy to use is because they did made it far easier to use against Burst Attacks in the Trial compared to the Beta while making it less usable outside of those, which is the worst possible thing they could have done. The timing used to be pretty strict, with Feral also needing good positioning on top of that. Then thanks to whiners they dumbed it down. It wouldn't surprise me if they actually made enemies do them more often, but it could be the case that Ryomen Sukuna is a boss we fight twice because his constant use of Burst Attacks compared to the other bosses we've seen felt quite like he was designed to make you learn to use them, though it wasn't the only thing he did. And yes I've seen those skills.

1. In the level where you fight her, there is a charm that increases your paralysis resistance. Use it. It won't make you invulnerable against paralysis, but it prevents you from going into instant paralysis if you get hit by her magic ball.

2. Stay in low stance. It allows you to dodge her attacks much easier.

3. If she is in the air and does a magic ball, dodge it and immediately hover near underneath her. She will always try to descend to hit you. Don't stay underneath her for long and after she gets to the ground, immediatealy hit her so that she falls over. Walk near her. Don't attack. She'll try to insta-grab you. While she's recovering from the grab, whale away at her.

4. The timing for dodging the magic ball is simple: she will do a "huahhh" sound. As soon as the sound ends, immediately dodge. Do not dodge backwards.

5. You can block her knife throws when she's flying. It drains VERY little stamina to block. If you are unsure whether she'll do a knife throw or a magic ball, just keep blocking.

I never had a problem just waiting until the guys were far away, and then I aggro the yoki, pull him back a bit back to the narrow passageway and then kill him quick. Then I deal with the two stooges.

After beta test on PS4.

You forgot to mention you can shoot her out of the air and how after she loses her ki and you're stun locking her there's a chance she'll do a grab with hyper armor tho maybe the latter is a NG+ only thing

All garbage advice

The only relevant info if that dodging twice in succession is more of an extended roll, this makes dodging the paralysis easy

just run instead of dodging

Why don't you stop falseflagging you faggot

>can now re-roll talisman statuses
>umbracite can be gained from dismantling literally anything

Attached: 1570881134757.jpg (566x566, 105K)

I don't see how this relates to my burst suggestion. They're too easy and braindead so they should give less of an innate reward for pulling one off

>He has to dodge twice to evade her projectiles
Holy cringe

Attached: 1579496686300.jpg (378x368, 32K)

yes, he's a midgame boss and you're fighting him with early game levels, weapons, armor, and yokai.
i want them to add someone who only blocks so we can see yokai ability ki damage on blocking enemies

>nobody wants to see their character get grabbed and violated.
Are you sure?

And that's a good thing.

disappointing. wish they had refined what they had instead of just adding more.

>Little alien looking motherfucker close to death
>His buddy jumps on him and fucking eats him
W-why..?

They literally did both at the same time. Only issue right now is dark realm and ki being too weak and burst counters being too braindead and strong

>World
Fuck off, your franchise's fanbase has reached smash cancer levels since the 3ds days and only increased it with world

They focused more on adding new things than fixing issues, that's my point. They added 100 new mechanics and barely spit shined the old ones.

*nobody but sick fucks

You can actually hit her twice after she does the drop attack which will immediately knock her to the floor. Or you can shoot her with your ranged weapon while in midair. Otherwise yeah in general the fight tests your defensive and evasive knowledge. You don't always stay in low stance but the evasive properties and her combos can make it effective.

I didn't even play the demo, but after looking through these threads and watching the gameplay footage on youtube I immediately went out and pre ordered it.

I couldn't really get into the first Nioh but this one looks like a totally different game. The yokai abilities look badass.

>no store in my country is selling the special edition only standard
FUCK

Because the only reason they seem easy and braindead is due to the changes they made to them to do so, and your suggestions were to try and dumpster all but one and also bump up the cost to destroy the most interesting well designed aspect of them, being their utility beyond just dealing with Burst Attacks.

The movement and combat feels identical, outside of the yokai form. If those were big issues for you with the first, as they were for me, I'd reconsider.

Based ryona poster

>calls his advice garbage
>his advice is entirely misrepresented due to only being true in one stance, and is only in relation to dodging her easiest to dodge attack
I'm so tired.

If one of the MC's parents was a Yokai then maybe we'll meet them in the story?
Maybe it was a Kejoro or Yuki-Onna or something

are bare fists gonna be any good in nioh 2

The movement and combat was what kept me playing Nioh. Tbf I bought the PC port and it ran like shit on my toaster so I couldn't experience the game without constant frame dips and that killed the experience for me more than the actual game itself.

>ninja skills are basically cheating
Isn't that the point?

their utility is also too strong too tho. You shouldn't get a nearly free panic button dodge. It would be more fair if it had a cost. 1 anima isn't anything

Talismans of the Fist are still in which were always retarded damage, and you have more options beyond your "weapon" due to Burst Counters and Yokai Skills as well as being able to use Yokai Shift now, plus the Yokai grapples are also independent from weapon. But they didn't change anything else about it.

Ignore my post then, enjoy the game.

Feral is the only one you could mildly make a case for and only due to how it got a little extra invincibility to make the dodge better. But considering that still has a heavy recovery, your max Anima starts at 10, while you still need to be able to keep some for Burst Attacks and Yokai Skills, and Anima gain outside of the Dark Realm isn't anything special and requires you to be aggressive or use up consumables, they were fine as they were in Beta and are still ok in that regard.

fuck I was hoping they'd make a better bare fist moveset

Blue elite kursarigama yokis are bastards as well

They did. It's called the Tonfa.

fuck tonfa

>Souls proves how important atmosphere and exploration is; neglecting it makes a shallow experience.
Which Nioh had, are you on drugs?

youtube.com/watch?v=5xqT3HYDgv0

Attached: nioh-chapter4-image3.jpg (900x500, 28K)

I wish Yuki-onna was my mommy

Git gud with it and unlock Kannagi then you'll want to.
>moved this song to the underground section when it meshed so well with the constant downpour in the Alpha
Nioh's art, atmosphere and world design are heavily underrated for sure though just because it's not the main focus, but they still did a hell of a job and look to be getting even better.

There's nothing braindead about a timed parry. I guess brutes might be more so but I haven't used him much so I can't say.

All the new mechanics are garbage and were totally unnecessary. They broke the combat by jampacking it with retarded gimmicks and bogged it all down. The devs are hacks and this game is shit compared to 1.

Get lost demonfucker

Attached: nobunaga'd.webm (700x394, 2.86M)

Yokai's Advocate here, a timed parry can be pretty braindead if it's framed as working on everything and being significantly better than all your other options. Sure you need to learn a timing, but that's the only thing you need to learn, as opposed to learning all your other options. It's also why I don't really consider playthroughs of games with heavy restrictions on many core mechanics as a greater example of skill at times, as you're cutting down on the number of things available for you to consider and make use of and are ultimately focusing on just doing one or two things whenever you can.
But anyway, luckily that's not how Burst Counters work at all and even with all the shit balancing changes they're only a single aspect of your general gameplan. Brute by the way is a big slap and it's Burst Attack strategy is to try to interrupt the enemy before they can hit you.
Trying too hard.

Agreed. They don't feel good, I don't understand why they'd add moments where you need to pause / long scripted attacks (e.g. yokai moves)

You never need yokai abilties though. They're just there if you want them.

So do you think the island with buddha statues will become a hub later in the game?
It's clearly connected to MC's demon heritage

I wonder how many times people will need to post that Yokai Skills and Burst Counters can be used to cancel any action before it will finally sink in. Probably none because these people don't read what the game itself tells them so it's a waste of time.

The "it's optional" argument has never been a good one. The game was designed with the premise you'd be using them, development time went into them instead of other things (i.e. fixing the feeling of combat otherwise), you can't say you never need them as we've only seen the demo, etc.

I wonder when you're going to gain any semblance of literacy. Being able to cancel things doesn't make them feel better, it doesn't mean you don't have to pause*. Absolute retard.

>Never pay more than 6,800 yen for a videogame

While you're correct to an extent in regards to how just not using something isn't an excuse despite it being an option, Burst Attacks are entirely designed around being punishable and avoidable in other methods besides Burst Counters. The interesting part of them comes from whether you want to consider going for one for the Ki damage and Anima gain, or go for a potentially more damaging punish or a safer method of evasion. Hisahide's bomb grab is a perfect example of this.

>dark realm all the time level
Holy shit user, you're hired

>Being able to cancel into Burst Counter meaning you can be doing anything you want and still use it, doesn't mean you don't have to pause
And you're the one daring to call anyone a retard. Hilarious. And I'm not going to touch whatever nonsense you're on about them not "feeling" good because I want my sides to last me a lifetime.

The feeling of combat is already great though. If you don't like long animations then use shorter yokai abilties. The burst counters felt more focused on but the yokai abilties not as much which is why I was saying you don't need them. That being said you should want to use them.

Absolutely not true at all. You are required to use them against the bosses, it's literally just ripping off Sekiro's counters. You will never be able to break their ki and avoid their red attacks without doing so. Stupid bait argument

It would have been cool if it was the pre-nerfed Dark Realm, but now it would practically be an easy mode.

>improve everything but the intro movie
what a downgrade
youtube.com/watch?v=UkNZIr0vvN8
i never once skipped the intro whenever i played Nioh
it was too hype

Attached: fuku.jpg (760x1052, 91K)

I was talking about yokai abilties, not burst counters. The square a triangle skills.

>doesn't even understand what someone means by a games feeling
>having the audacity to insult anybody
Amazing. Tiniest brain post in this thread, congrats.
It isn't though. The weight (when there is any) is all over the place, nothing feels consistent. It's like half the moves are from Dark Souls and the other half are from Ninja Gaiden - no cohesion.

the bosses in the demos literally never required you to use the counters
you could always avoid the red attacks by dodging, blocking, or just moving back

that's going to filter people so hard, we already had people crying about the enki in the dark realm with the crystal. there has to be at least one all dark realm level.

Oh. Nevermind then, those are whatever.

I don't know what that's supposed to mean but Yokai Skills are extremely good and worthwhile and people should be making far more use of them. The sheer number of them also means there will be plenty for you to find that fit your playstyle.
You're just as bad as the other guy if not worse. You can break Yokai Ki far easier than ever before and avoid every Burst Attack without using Burst Counters or Yokai Skills. You shouldn't, because that would be retarded, but you can.

I really hope they fix that before release. They probably wont though

Oh boy, it's worse than I even expected. Don't bother with the bait guys.

The weight feels fine, must be a personal issue. Light attacks feel light while heavy attacks feel like they hit hard. The game is overall fast paced so nothing feels as heavy and slow as DaS but theres nothing wrong with that.

this is blatantly not true
Hot and Cold Buddha Man will instakill you with ice if you try to fight him from a distance so countering is key

Honestly I'm not entirely sure that was the opening movie. I mean it could be, but aside from it being the initial trailer, it's also a bit too short. Nioh 1 intro was excellent though, so I forgive it for having things that don't even happen in the game.

They don't, though. And saying, "It must be a personal issue" is just putting your fingers in your ears - either that or admitting your standards are low. Slow things feel slow, that's good. They don't feel weighty though. There aren't impact frames, enemies don't respond accordingly, sfx aren't 'meaty', etc.

you can avoid every attack
you dont need to counter anything if you dont want to

of course using counters is optimal
but you claimed that it was impossible to fight the bosses without it
>You are required to use them against the bosses, it's literally just ripping off Sekiro's counters. You will never be able to break their ki and avoid their red attacks without doing so
blatantly false
it seems you're just baiting

The recovery doesn’t matter at all in most cases because you can warp away far enough to regain your stamina and heal.

No he won't. In fact, the bow spin Burst Attack is far easier to avoid at a distance because it consists of him shooting arrows, and you are less likely to be hit multiple times when far away as well.

>Imagine if they had listened to the people who wanted to like the first game
You never wanted to like the first game if you can't even understand its basic premise -->
>interconnected world
You'd do society a favor if you jumped off a bridge.

Nioh 1 was great but I hope we get a Lu Bu fight this time. What a fucking joke that the first game didn't have him but they included the dudes from Basara

Well, yeah, its subjective. I like the sound effects and think the weight of combat feels perfectly fine. Apparently you don't.

Is it feesable in 1 to invest in every stat evenly cause I find myself just picking up and using whatever weapons best and there isn't any that I prefer besides the Kusarigama and most of the stats seem pretty useful. Don't think it matters all that much since I'm just before the Nobunaga revival mission and I'm pretty sure it's near the end of the game.

this is KT not capcom user

It does since most enemies have gap closers and there are still situations when the arena won't allow it or you are against multiple enemies. On top of that having to Feral dodge away means you're forfeiting any opening you would have.

DLC is rather big. And yeah, you can invest into anything. Nioh is completely retarded with level cap at somewhere around lvl750 and reroll books are cheap as fuck if you'll want to change the build anyway.

It's more than feasible because damage scaling isn't particularly the reason to level stats, but you should be at least thinking about what you like to use and also making sure that you're using what you have access to due to your stat spread. Also you can respec very easily, but in a typical Way of the Samurai playthrough I would say you get enough skill points for learning all the active skills for two weapons, and keep in mind the blue passive skills in each skill tree apply regardless of weapon unless stated otherwise.

That's good to know, I don't use ninjutsu at all and it seems redundant that you need to invest into it to increase damage with the Kusarigama. Can you get something like a life steal on high stance on weapons? I feel like with my 200 toughness I'd be fucking invincible since I can just tank straight through most attacks while spamming the insane normal attack that it has.

Don't remember to be honest. But don't get too cocky, the DLC is hard as fuck jumping from the main campaing.

>Can you get something like a life steal on high stance on weapons?
Yeah, you can get weapons which have life steal on any one of the three stances as well as special moves and grapples.

Why is Ninjutsu good? Shuriken and bombs suck, no?

Attached: E20D7BAA-CC7D-4DFF-99FB-A21D4E08A26D.jpg (905x1024, 75K)

post some mikos, bros.

>he doesn’t know about kunai builds

kunai are op as fuck
quick change

you can faceroll throught the game with a kunai build. they do insane damage

Is it really that big of a leap in difficulty? I've been like 30 levels under the recommended in terms of both gear and character level and it's not been to bad.

I've only seen the ones for skills and grapples so far, it might be something that appears later.

It shouldn't, Kusarigama is meant to be a ninja weapon, and you should be looking into both the Ninjutsu and Onmyo trees because no matter the build they have several skills that range from extremely useful to exposing the game's brokenness, as well as many passives. There is an effect you can reforge/temper onto weapons that makes your attacks heal you, some for specific attacks and stances but you can get one for all attacks. You should probably be looking further into your total moveset though, learning to make use of Ki Pulse and stances are extremely important and fun and it should have been a process started on the first real mission.

don't you have limited as fuck quantity?

there's a pretty noticeable jump in difficulty when you go to the dlc
but it's very much doable

you get more than enough to kill any boss
you can also stack items with "unlimited ninjutsu"

No, they don't suck at all. Bombs do solid damage and fire damage, shuriken can be used at the earliest time you can Ki Pulse to effectively cancel attack recovery, kunai do decent damage at range fast which in Nioh translates to retarded damage due to the damage balancing being broken because of people not looking into how to do anything themselves, and it also comes with a few helpful survival tricks, biggest among these being Quickchange which is practically mandatory for how useful it is and ironically one of the best balanced tools in both trees.

>is like 900p with drops
It's not 900p. Action mode is upscaled to 720p, it's realistically closer to 540.

Attached: Enko stagger.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

I mainly use the high stance for dealing with mobs since a single finished combo is enough to completely remove ki for the smaller ones and it usually hits the horns on the oni so it's pretty versatile, parrying is pretty fun but it bugs me how early you need to press it since you sometimes need to press it before the enemy even starts the move for it to work. I enjoy the revenants since it makes for a fun little rock paper scissors for what stance to use.

Find an option that clips their horns and you can just go to town.

Attached: AllTheHorns.webm (540x302, 2.95M)

What’s a kunai?

>I've only seen the ones for skills and grapples so far, it might be something that appears later.
I think you're right. I'm level 170ish, on the last mission of the last DLC, and I've only come across two weapons which respectively have life recovery on mid attacks and life recovery on low attacks relatively recently. I've had a sword which restores life on strong attacks (i.e. triangle/Y attacks in any stance) for absolute ages though.

Also I can vouch for what the other user is saying about the DLC, it's quite a jump in difficulty from the base game. It's doable all the same, though. I'm at the end of the last DLC and I'm still underleveled by about 70.

I played on Pro so it wasn't THAT bad but fuck it, I'll wait for PC release and complete edition.

So what's the criteria to make them good? I tried them in the trial and they sucked ass

Can I go for glaive and still go for Ninjutsu?

youtube.com/watch?v=A1JYF9WiWoM
They are very good.

>not copying the game completely makes it a bad clone

No shit retard it's not a clone and noone plays it because they want another souls game, if that's what you want just play dark souls you absolute cretin

Currently replaying Nioh 1. Does anyone have a guide or explanation how to actually string combos together? I occasionally manage to do a few, but cannot really see any logic behind it...

Here we go again. The Mission Level has nothing to do with any actual level you have, and the only use it has is as a recommended order to do the missions in. The graves underneath imply the potential difficulty in relation to your average gear level.
Anyway the DLC starts actually expecting you to understand the core mechanics to an extent due to you having completed the game by this point, so a lot of people get heavily filtered by it and think they have to go back and grind when that isn't the case whatsoever. You will want to upgrade your gear with Divine rarity stuff, but that can and should happen fairly naturally.
High stance is good for damage but the other stances have plenty to offer as well, it's not really a rock-paper-scissors game, it's you deciding on a momentary basis what you can and want to make the most of, as you can swap stances any time you want and even combine their strengths by doing so. As for the parry, that's just how it is, different parry skills have different timings and that one is designed to be earlier so you have to be preemptive with using it. The weapon has so many other tools so it makes sense.

As someone who's all time favourite game is bloodborne I''ll tell you that Nioh is much better when you stop treating it like a "soulslike" and instead just enjoy it as a phenomenal action rpg.

>350k cash
>farmed his cock off
>buffed + overgeared and overleveled
now post a regular character at that point in the game doing the same thing for comparison

>phenomenal action rpg
It's completely fucking broken by aRPG standards though.

Still fun, balance is for pussies.

level up dexterity
get the kunai skills
throw kunai
storm kunai hits enemies 3 times at once as long as you stand next to them
and when possible you want gear with +ninjutsu damage or unlimited ninjutsu

flying enemies usually get destroyed when you hit them in the air

Aren't Souls games also ARPGs?
What kind of hairs are being split here?
My only Souls experience is playing Bloodborne very briefly, but the similarities between that and Nioh 1 seem pretty significant to me.

Pic related

Attached: Kunai05.jpg (500x333, 23K)

I don't know, Nioh was only fun on the first playthough for me. NG+ and so on was so fucking unbalanced it's not even funny. I made it into the Way of the Nioh and finally lost my motivation to play there. Without a sensical level cap it's just too exhausting to play.

>Fuku won't be in the game
That's a pretty big fucking downgrade if you ask me

What do you mean by 'combos'? Most sequences you'll see don't have any special properties, they're just moves used after each other in a sensible order. The term combo is usually reserved for fighting game sequences which aren't escapable.

What you're probably missing is an understanding of how enemy staggers work. Yokai lose all Ki and collapse if you hit their weak point, after which you're able to deal free damage or possibly a final blow. If you clear a Yokai's Ki bar normally then they'll also stagger on any hit so you can then pummel them for free. After a short period of being out of Ki they'll do a recovery attack, leave a pool on the ground and get their Ki back.

Humans will block follow up attacks after you hit them with anything, so you can't string multiple hits together unless you break their Ki first. When you use Low or Mid stance normals against a guard you'll bounce off, but High stance hits and Specials will pressure the guard. You want to use moves with high Break and Ki damage to burn through humanoid Ki, once they're out of Ki you can stagger them properly and land big damage.

humans are also incredibly weak to getting shot in the fucking head

Which way? Haven't got there yet, do you mean it's unbalanced towards you or the enemy?

You might have to clarify, because combos should mean one thing but a lot of people use it in many other ways. Your main source of combos is from breaking the enemy's Ki, and knowing when you can Ki Pulse as you can either do it quickly to take full advantage of it being an animation cancel, or time it for maximum Ki recovery.
When a human is out of Ki and tired, you can land one hit to knock them down, followed by one additional hit and/or a Final Blow, after which they start to get up or if you hit them again they get up immediately. Hitting an enemy from behind not only does extra damage, but humans won't be able to start blocking as soon as they normally can, so you can get further into your mid and high stance attack strings than normal, and one thing to note is that the back damage bonus applies even to Ki staggered humans. There are also multiple skills with certain states that guarantee the next hit, knock the enemy down, or even knock them backwards where hitting them afterwards knocks them down.
As for Yokai, combos are more freeform on them since their out of Ki state generally just either makes them fall to the ground defenseless for a time, or lets your attacks stagger them while they act as normal. The best way to take advantage of that is to chain together your heaviest hitting skills and attacks through Ki Pulses and try to hit their back as much as possible.

Enemies. You get OP too fast and can pretty much skip the difficulty level altogether by completing the "final" mission early.
If game had proper level\gear cap it'd be much easier to balance the higher difficulty for challenging expirience. Right now the challenge will be mostly from cheap bullshit like duo boss fights.

I'm gonna be boring and do what I did for Nioh 1. Just go classic katana and light armor, really didn't care for other weapons in the first game, probably won't in this one either. One user told me I'm limiting myself if I just use one weapon only, but I'm weeb trash and it is a samurai game. Katana feels nice in combat as well. I liked it's moveset as well.

Seems like heavy armor is everyone's favorite, but I don't like feeling heavy and shit. I guess if you know how to block and parry then you don't need to worry about evading.

Attached: Saika.jpg (1280x720, 999K)

Yeah, that's the plan. I'm gonna use the good ninjitsu combos to cheese all the bosses during my playthrough.

Wait you can do the final mission as soon as you start ng+ how does that work exactly? Do all the missions just stay unlocked and you can just do them in whatever order you want but with a new scaled up version?

>Just go classic katana and light armor
i did the same in the first game
but playing the demos i'm liking 2kat more now
axe is also decent

Wanted to enjoy it but after like 8000 hours of Monster Hunter most other action games just feel shallow as puddle, with awful input layout to boot.

>no hitzones with logical weak spots
>can just target and circle-strafe every enemy
>enemies no multiple different modes such as exhausted or agitated states
>no breakables
>all weapons basically play the same

I just can't do it anymore. Especially after Iceborne which also added way more vertical stuff and fluid controls.

Just can't. Nioh 2 demo felt like an old CRPG trying to be a curazy game.

nice theme too
youtube.com/watch?v=7MKzXmAzHRo

This except I'm just tired of repetitive Souls shit

I knew that you can freely stagger yokai when their ki is broken, but I always thought it was also possible to do an uninterrupted string of attacks on humans that still have ki. I remember seeing some crazy combo videos on youtube and that may have led me to this belief I guess.

sounds like you didnt even play it

Your main source of damage (aka why people end up so overpowered) in those difficulties largely comes from stacking several damage effects from sets and stacking buffs on top of that. That's not something you need to do at all for any mission or boss and takes quite a bit of time to even bother with.

No, you still need to progress normally. But the actual final mission where you return to London is in the second region iirc so you only need to do few first missions and then you can attempt to finish that one. The boss there is really easy so it's not too difficult to just skip the difficulty.

Souls games have a finely crafted single player story, world and adventure experience. They have artistic merit, gorgeous vistas and expansive lore. Their visuals are polished and the overall quality of the game is high. They have broad build variety and good PvP. Combat and 1p challenges are fairly simple so most of the replayability comes from the multiplayer.

Nioh is a melee combat skatepark with limitless weapon moves and mechanics to play around with, a minmaxer's Diablo loot system with spreadsheets full of numbers to pour over and enormous scope to just do funky shit and mess with the game like a toybox. It has bargin basement art and world design, a fanlore tier story awkwardly wedged into real world history and it generally feels cheap. None of this really matters because people only care about the toybox it provides. It has shit PvP.

I did, though, and almost finished the first game which already felt like a log to me. I don't know how people can do this to themselves.

Funny thing is that video is basically how you play the game anyway, except getting a hit in every 5 seconds.

>2kat

UNGA BUNGA. I don't like UNGA weapons, but might play around with 2kat, plus I've seen LOTS of people using 2kat in the demo. Seems like a very popular weapon.

based

Attached: dsp_sip.webm (778x460, 1.69M)

When you unlock a new difficulty, all the missions from the first three regions are opened up. After you do a certain amount of missions, the next two are unlocked, and from there you can do the final mission to unlock both the DLC regions and the first three regions of the next difficulty. I would only recommend using this to skip WotStrong, as it's fairly identical to WotSamurai and therefore it mean WotD will be even more interesting.

Antlers are baller.
Odachi/Axe and heavy armour are akin to wearing a medieval nuke.
Switchglaive is a powerhouse.
Sentient Weapons are amazing shitposters.

Then don't get "OP". You don't just accidentally become broken.

If you mean this sort of thing it's a badly thought out property of Iai draw and similar attacks which causes a knockdown when you hit from behind during enemy standing animations and is Nioh's version of permanent Greatclub flattens, only it happens to work on every humanoid in the game including all the bosses.

Don't worry about it, this is removed for Nioh 2

Attached: katsbalanced2.webm (640x360, 2.9M)

>creepy granny paired knives

Attached: 1553307726887.jpg (933x753, 51K)

I bought Code Vein and I have buyer's remorse without even playing it.

>It has bargin basement art and world design, a fanlore tier story awkwardly wedged into real world history
This is being pretty harsh I think. I love how all of the guardian spirits and most of the yokai look, with all the swirls and brush-like patterns on their skin, etc. And as someone who's very into history I find the fact that a sizeable amount of armour sets you can wear are actually real is cool as fuck. Being wedged into real historical events is definitely part of Nioh's appeal for me personally.

Now that I think about it, it often involved using Iai and "resetting" the stagger status. Guess I will just keep playing normally for now then. I do use a katana/spear build, but prefer to use the spear exclusively.

Didn't read what the other guys said but I know what you're referring to.

All enemy attacks in the game have a certain amount of recovery, during this recovery period you get free hits and it's your job to figure out just how many hits you can get it in before the enemy recovers and are able to perform actions again. This is very noticeable vs Yokai since they have armor for most of their attacks. Vs Humans tho, much less so. They work by the same rules you do in that once they start getting hit they have the ability to block or dodge attacks, there are exceptions tho when it comes to special moves of course since most special moves have hyper armor allowing you to get more hits in before they can recover. Humans at a glance are harder to defeat because of how their hitstun/recover works on most attacks so breaking their ki becomes much more important despite it at first being hard since ki recovers while they're in hitstun and when they're not running/blocking/attacking but the game also rewards you much more by breaking enemies ki/guard with special skills dedicated to it. Webm related is an example of a ki break combo.

There are also ways to combo human enemies with items and stuff but I personally don't know much about it. One example I can remember seeing tho was setting a paralysis trap behind you, breaking an enemies guard a bit in front of the trap, then grappling them with a sword which puts the enemy right on top of the trap stunning them for more hits

Attached: Odachi combo 1.webm (1280x720, 2.88M)

You can if you know what you're doing and combine all the stuff I talked about in clever ways. Like the fact that an enemy trying to get up after an out of Ki combo into Final Blow can be easily hit from behind. As an example, an out of Ki combo with 2kat could be SotC, SotC when they're on the ground, Final Blow, a full mid quick attack string on their back into God of Wind 3, Ki Pulse into SotC. All of that would land on someone. Nioh 2 seems to be adjusting when bosses start blocking though, by equalizing it so they take a little longer to block from the front and shorter from the back.

Lmao what, all you need just one good weapon, then reroll it a bit for better modifiers and you melt bosses like nothing. That's without whole gear\build autism too. Face it, Nioh balance is non-existent. Devs were too busy making dozens difficulty levels and million rarity types to satisfy grinding autists.
Fun in ARPG should come from making a build and grinding the stuff FOR that build not the endless freaking grind where you just jump on NG+++++++ and start grinding another bullshit rarity gear because everything else is just obsolete.

>then reroll it
then dont reroll it

It still baffles me why they didn't put a limit on it or Spearfall the way they did the knockback for Lumber Chop and Focused Strike. I'd rather it was removed entirely than remain like this but I can't help but feel like that would have solved the issue and kept some interesting combo potential.

Some sequences of moves will pretty much always work on certain enemies because their AI is incapable of dealing with them, even though mechanically there's nothing about the way those skills work which would make them a combo.

Attached: Shove.webm (640x360, 2.94M)

>don't use X mechanic to make game harder!
That's just retarded. It's developers' job to make proper balance and challenge in the game. ESPECIALLY in a loot oriented game. But Nioh completely failed at this department. The sad part, nobody talks about it since casuals most likely never even made it out of main campaing let alone attempted to finish other difficulties. This makes me really worried about Nioh 2 late game.

>Antlers
ah, an user of taste I see

You can still deal great damage after breaking human Ki with a Katana in Nioh 2. You just can't pin everything to the ground forever because if you hit someone during their standing-up animation they'll now be forced into a standing position.

>souls
>dark souls
>but dark souls
>soulslike
>souls clone
>like souls
>While the game obviously plays more like Ninja Gaiden.
Feels bad man. Where are my NG boomers at?

Attached: 1563144965072.jpg (1080x985, 170K)

Its not that bad, the DLC is a real kick to the cock but otherwise its typical fare from the devs that spat out the Monster Hunter clone with a story.

You aren't better since game is nothing like NG.

Awaiting a new game.
Hoping based Wirriam appears as a secret boss in NG4, because that game will come out this decade... right?

the devs said they want to make a new ninja gaiden after nioh 2

No, that actually stops being a thing in later difficulties but that's far too late, and I don't know where you're pulling the rest from, but the level of damage people have early on is only gained in later difficulties with heavy set and buff/debuff stacking. It's almost like I've been telling people from the start that they fucked the enemy health up to be far too low by default in a game where you're meant to create your opportunities for big damage and that this has absolutely nothing to do with the loot like people keep trying to pretend.

How is it even remotely like Ninja Gaiden?
I swear if they gameplay was EXACTLY the same put set in some Mayan/Aztec or Norse setting you would not be saying this at all

I know but my fragile heart can't take another break.

Fuck, I can't wait to the next week
The good thing is that I can clear up some of my backlog in the meantime, but I want to keep playing this, fucking ryomen pushed my shit so hard I want a payback

Oh I know, everything does retarded damage and I wish that weren't the case as well, but if nothing else it was a unique property that rewarded positioning and timing. As I said, Focused Strike and Lumber Chop handled it relatively well with the way it was limited in combos, though I can't say I know for sure how that actually worked.
>if you hit someone during their standing-up animation they'll now be forced into a standing position.
That's how the game always worked, and actually what made the Iai loop work to begin with, an enemy getting up counted as standing when hit.

Same, gotta beat Sekiro soon.
I've been meaning to complete Astral Chain too, I've been playing a fuck ton of Space Lords.

>Action mode is upscaled to 720p, it's realistically closer to 540.
They should have called it shitch mode then

then it should run at 20fps

>last played Nioh 1 couple months ago
>Stopped at Yuki Onna, basically almost had her first try

>Get back to the game again
>close to breaking my controller over this bitch
I have no idea how I did it but now she's literally one hitting me with everything

what is anti water talismans

>Monster Hunter
Fuck out of here, don't you have 7 threads to be in, starting for that upcoming award winning movie one?

do some side missions, pump your health stat, water res, debuffs (sloth/weaken armor), shit on her with kato living weapon once she's at half

have one equipped, so should I just stack them?

Yokai designs look good, in isolation. The problem is the lack of consistent artistic direction across the whole package. The art style of the Yokai isn't replicated in the look of other visual elements which leads to a messy overall appearance. The world design is also very lacklustre even though it should be easy to achieve a nice crafted experience in the individual mission worlds that don't have to fit together into a combined area.

Think about how often Fromsoft use architecture and layout to frame impressive views and highlight centerpieces. They build areas around a focus point and pay close attention to what the player will be looking at from each position. So you'll get views like the entrances into Londo/Drangleic/Irythil, peering over the edge of Shulva, looking up at the manor in Ariandel, seeing the frozen bridge in the Ariamas painting and then stepping onto it.
Nioh's areas in contrast look and feel like a set of videogame corridors with some props and enemies airdropped into them because that's exactly what they are. I enjoy playing the game, but it's night and day to compare its world.

If you enjoy Japanese history in general then more power to you though.

>Ninja Gaiden devs make new IP using the same fast pace, weapon based combat as NG, taking some inspirations from things dark souls did well like exp and bonfires.
>Huuuur it has nothing to do with Ninja Gaiden

Attached: eyeroll.gif (245x187, 714K)

Don't get hit.

Switch mode would be 540/30 and 720/25 with downgrade, don't fool yourself

>That's how the game always worked, and actually what made the Iai loop work to begin with, an enemy getting up counted as standing when hit.
No you misread me.
In Nioh 1 if you hit someone in the back with an Iai while they're in the middle of standing up, it counts as a hit while standing up which puts them back on the ground.
In Nioh 2 if you hit someone in the back with an Iai while they're in the middle of standing up, they immediately stand up and take damage. They do not fall down.

The dude that Ryomen Sukuna pops out of is her dad.

I want to become as smart as the dude who went completely motivated against Ryomen to block his axe chop with a fucking spear in the intro cutscene

Honestly, they all have their place. Brute is good for interrupting big windups and shit that lasts more than a second, counter is great for quick reds that come out fast, and feral, well, I didn't use feral much Ill be honest. But from what I've seen it looks like a mix of the two.

Then don't pick it up and don't reroll it. Balance being nonexistent is a good thing. If I wanted balance in my singleplayer game I'd play one of the numerous singleplayer games with balance.

Attached: 1539090344578.jpg (850x755, 178K)

Wait is magic bad now? I usually always go magic for guardian talisman and buffs, but has to it been changed that much? I didn't notice much in the demo.

On say Ryomen, if you try to Feral dodge back or forward away from Redman's double axe swing or the start of the 3 swing combo then you'll still be in range and the follow up will hit you during recovery. It's not perfect, it is very strong though, could probably do with a heavier cost on just using the teleport as an oopsie move.

Attached: Ryomens.webm (768x432, 2.95M)

>Balance being nonexistent is a good thing

Attached: 14128785115954.jpg (200x200, 12K)

He actually survives because he's on the yokai watch like you

Oh so you just meant in general, fair enough, but also no YOU misread ME. I was talking about the first game there, not the second game. I was just trying to clarify that Nioh 2 didn't change how enemies getting up worked, they changed how the Iai skills work by removing the "hitting someone standing from behind causes a knockdown" aspect of them.

wew lad

Don't be a moron. Balance is just the difficulty curve by another name. If something is actually designed well then everyone actually has reasons to use each and every thing without having some of those things either be completely pointless, or in Nioh's case, remove all aspects of gameplay by reducing it to mashing one button. Not to mention that not a single game is actually entirely balanced, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't try so that the game stays interesting no matter what build or strategy you go with.

That would explain why he acts so retarded
Holy fuck I was laughing when I saw that

Wait, what's the win button in Nioh? I just started and that sounds useful.

Nah, no balance means more choices meaning more fun. Balance means less choices meaning less fun.

Triangle + Circle

I think he refers to amrita+living weapon spam

They really should have just kept it the way it was instead, it had similar iframes compared to the standard dodge instead of being able to absorb attacks for a time during it and was harder to Burst Counter with on a lot of attacks because of how it worked. I still don't think it warrants a higher cost though and that seems like it would open a door that really should not be opened with how badly they're handling these changes already.
Also if you're the guy behind all these webms they're pretty cool but I haven't seen any use of Infinite Retribution, if you position it right and have the Ki it can do severe damage so it's well worth getting the hang of, similar to Water Sword.

You can have all your choices on your baby difficulty, dumbass. We're talking about late game here.

It's literally so far in the opposite direction it's not even funny. If whatever choice you make is so powerful that you don't ever have to make any other choice during any fight, there's no fun there. Trying to hide that by having a few choices you can make between them that still destroy everything just by doing one alone doesn't help either.

>he doesnt like enemies having the same options as you

I don't want to fuck her dad though

>nioh 2 pc running at 120hz
Muh pp

No, that's just as big a problem. How do you expect anyone to learn anything about how to play if they can get by via just ignoring all the core mechanics of the game? How do you expect anyone to even understand what they should be learning to begin with, especially since everyone has shown they're ADHD and illiterate judging by how they ignore all the tutorials? No one should have to play through a basic bitch mode dumbed down for the only kind of people that could still have trouble with it no matter what they change, just so they can maybe possibly have an interesting mode eventually.

Skipped the demo, anything interesting on the side of NINJUTSU?
No idea what I'm going to do with my first character, I'm thinking maybe spear

I miss it so much bros. How do I cope for 10 days?

is it confirmed that the pc version will be higher than 60fps? I haven't seen any info on the PC version at all

How do you kill yamato-no-orochi? I can't do shit against anything if I'm having to watch my ass the entire time.

If all that option amounts to is just not being able to play the game at all for 10 seconds, then I'd rather neither of us have that option. Also you're implying I'd ever disgrace myself with using Sloth to begin with.

9 days here, user

Attached: dsdf.jpg (500x584, 244K)

that's just 10 sleeps away, that's nothing

NG is about being a ninja
Nioh is about being a samurai

Options as in the same tools available, user. Anyways, git gud.

>Nioh is about being a samurai
Anyone want to tell him?