Sekiro

This is literally the hardest boss in the entire game if you factor in when you fight him

Attached: aP9UUn6ePE4BbqNwnD2e8R-1200-80.jpg (1200x675, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hLI0uNJma-E
youtu.be/Kv9ygN2B8WU?t=164
youtube.com/watch?v=ZujuYiweht8
youtube.com/watch?v=lA6xqeMVuDY
arch.b4k.co/v/thread/496550431/#q496550431
youtu.be/R0ucWV9yNDQ?t=71
youtu.be/R0ucWV9yNDQ?t=113
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nothing else even comes close to his OHKO grab attacks, his weird attack pattern with his sword that can hit you from the side, his incredibly large HP pool and the fact that he's surrounded by common mobs you have to clear out ever time you want to fight him

except you get a samurai guy who helps you fight him

still hard

I didnt think he was that hard and Im shit at the game.

I found the Interior Ministry Ninja you fight in the Estate way harder because every enemy up to that point has been really easy.

sword saint on anything above ng4 without charm and bell buff is the hardest boss I would say demon of hatred is second because at that point nearly every attack one shots you.

For me, it was kunoichi granny

Attached: 1580679776405.jpg (212x302, 61K)

MADA MADA YOU LITTLE SHIT

Attached: 1577182652032.jpg (1081x1080, 775K)

so many people were crying about this bitch on release

You get help for the first Bluto fight, so it's easy enough to trade aggro between you and that samurai who helps you.

He was piss easy, I just fought him like a troll from Dark Souls 2 and kept my distance. Killed him first try while I had barely gotten any basic combat mechanics down. Meanwhile I'm still playing through the game and have yet to beat Mada Mada Madame Butterfuly.

Just wait until you meet the demon of hatred

I got filtered by the bull with fire horns. I legit had no idea how to beat him. To be fair I had just gotten done rebeating 3 so I was a bit burned out of the gameplay style. Still I feel like I had missed an important part of the gameplay because the bull never really gave you a chance to attack.

>Dont have to fight him until after Genichiro.
No.
>Can just sprint around all of his attacks.
No!
>Can basically summon for him.
NO! YOU SUCK BALLS!
HAHAHA.
loser

saw her on the catalog literally every single day at the time. started playing 2 months ago and i didn’t expect to see her so early on; thought she was a late-game boss.

For Mada mada bitch, use the shurikens to knock her out from her wires, it deals some pretty strong posture dmg.
For her second phase, don't bother using the snap seed, just run around until the illusions disperse
You can almost fully stunlock her by spamming side dodges.
When she attacks, dodge to the side and do an immediate counter attack, keep doing this and she'll have nothing to respond with.
Use sugars, they help a lot.

In her 2nd phase she will do a sweep at the end of her combos now, so be wary

Attached: 1555308034833.jpg (858x1200, 235K)

He wasn't much harder than many other bosses it was just balls because you had to spend a few minutes cleaning up the mobs every attempt. That made me play more cautiously than normal which means a longer fight and more mistakes. If he was a boss right next to a shrine with no mobs you could take more risks since to learn the moveset and not worry about it.

She's hard or easy depending on what you did first, her or horseman (+genichiro). The difference in your posture and posture damage is big. You can brute force her by getting good of course.

either run around him, and man the fuck up and delfect his charge
Running around chopping at this hp is easier, but takes more time.
Deflecting his charges is much harder, but is also a lot more rewarding.
The fire buildup is laughable, and you should be having the anti-fire gourd by now (buyable from the pot noble in Hirata estate)

Attached: Blazing bull.jpg (1100x590, 169K)

just strafe her, bro

running around and jumping invalidates most of his moves. you're given a ridiculous amount of oil on the way to him so there's a ton of free vitality damage you can do with oil and fire. you're also free to mash on his back when he's destroying the fuccboi samurai.
same. she was my first boss and I had a lot of trouble with her second phase but I don't remember why. I was able to get through her first form untouched (eventually) but just kept eating shit against her 2nd phase. I probably kept trying to do posture damage before I really worked her vitality

Emma....

Attached: 1581882705648.jpg (1050x620, 535K)

I like his attack animations and the way he poisons his sword

>you're given a ridiculous amount of oil on the way to him
hehe, nice.

Attached: FE86E385-663C-439D-919F-E98615786190.jpg (594x412, 49K)

*hits you from the side*
fuck his gay curved sword

>Bluto
Heheh.
I'm pretty sure she'll only take increased posture damage if you hit her while she is airborne, not while she's standing on the wire.

Not really, he's just a skill check to see if you know how to utilize your tools yet. He's parry bait and eats shurikens.

Wouldn't him eating shuriken mean that they aren't especially effective on him?

It could mean either I think, I had the phrase "eating shit" in mind when I typed that.

>not while she's standing on the wire
for that, you’ll need the charged shurikens to knock her off.

If by "when you fight him" you mean "before you learn how to deflect", then sure. But Chained Ogre is even harder if you don't have the flame thrower when you fight him, by virtue of some of his grabs being damn near impossible to dodge if you were in an attack animation when he starts.

Emma is very skilled with the sword

Attached: Emma.(Sekiro_.Shadows.Die.Twice).full.2577621.jpg (1920x1080, 796K)

For me, it's Owl (Father)

Attached: Owl_%28Father%29.png (480x650, 554K)

yeah you're supposed to fuck him up with oil + flamethrower
This is why the mobs drops oil jars so often

git gud scrub

I was being rhetorical. It would mean they're ineffective.
No kidding? I'll have to try that.

The spinning shuriken does some nice vitality damage on him even so.

Use firecrackers on the bull, easy kill

Bull and demon of hatred play like dark souls bosses for some reason, everything else is about timing and those two fuckers are just sidedodge and circlestrafe bait.

On NG+8 charmless + demon bell I got absolutely rekt by the corrupted monk. All the time up to then I was doing her with charm or without demon bell AND cheesing the second phase.
Doing the whole thing properly was fucking hard.

I'd still say it's contextual as to what it can mean but I will not press the issue.

the illusion monks aren't that hard they will always do the same 3 attacks
Low attack
Middle attack
High attack

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Attached: Emma is cuuute!.png (1242x2688, 3.41M)

Well, yeah. The context here is an expendable weapon being used on a target. The target would be said to eat the consumable if it occured in a wasteful manner, such as if no damage was dealt.

I ended up beating them fine by just staying still and parrying the three attacks. But I always missed a parry or something, took damage, wasted heals, and the last phase that I usually barely got through ended up killing me
Eventually I just got gut.
I'm happy I still found a truly challenging part after finishing the game so many times

You could say that the shuriken eats Juzou's healthbar.

I mean in the context of the rest of the post it was implied useful tactics were being mentioned, and if someone eats shit it can mean they hurt themselves. I guess key word being 'themselves' here so is the better way of saying it. Either way, you could tell what I meant.

Attached: 1409992258570.jpg (480x300, 22K)

Attached: 1576947168205.png (400x269, 97K)

Those were both me. I knew what you meant, true, I just wanted to encourage you to write more precisely.

Based
btfo

reminder that the ugly fat fuck stole us a dlc

Attached: 4884482.jpg (1000x1000, 353K)

this fight was bullshit

One of the dumbest lets players on the entire internet beat him on like his 4th try so I think you're just really stupid, OP.

come back after you killed genichiro

he also beat SS Isshin in like 5 tires kek

Fuck off ESL. Original user was completely right in his phrasing. Just because you can't understand colloquial phrases does not make them any less valid

Yea Forums was crying about half the bosses in this game for a good month.

I'm a native speaker. I understood him just fine.

Ye, when you face him the first time, he kicks your little scrawny ass. But once you git gud, he becomes a punching bag, just like every other boss except bad end Isshin. Seriously fuck that guy

How do you beat the guardian ape

Attached: 1582637223423.jpg (603x589, 49K)

firecrackers
dodging

I cheesed him with oil + fire then hid under the fear umbrella for his roar in phase 2. Other than that just gotta run around like fucking crazy and jump over his low attacks. Glue that finger to the run button.

i can deflect his arms comfortably now, but honestly i can’t remember how that went the first time. pretty sure i was just running around, waiting for openings.

Attached: CE8E8A52-5CEB-4A7B-8588-8BF681134C10.jpg (1233x1357, 255K)

By not being a fucking scrub.
Get back to it, faggot.

Attached: 1582220923623.png (277x246, 112K)

I'll agree he can be somewhat difficult if you fight him early, if only because he has a deceptively fast combo that you have to keep deflecting. otherwise once you have a few gourd seeds he's very easy to get away from and heal when you slip up

>"One! The father's word is absolute"

Attached: 1578834000215.png (230x258, 16K)

>overpowers you at the start
>a challenge during the 2nd fight, his 3rd phase causing a lot of salt
>a minor inconvenience before the final boss

Genichiro was an awesome character and a boss. He really shows how much you've progressed throughout the game. Great boss music, too. I'm sad that people call him a jobber all the time.

Attached: 1554575579961.jpg (900x506, 39K)

this is the only boss in the game i defeated without dying even one time and i find him the easiest boss in the game honestly and i didnt even use any sugars or anything else to kill him
he was slow as fuck and his attacks were easly predictable and i was surprised how easy he was to beat

>play in jap
>”One!”
>sounds like “TWOOOOS!!”

Nobody asked for your advice, faggot.

cause he is one

Attached: GTOY 2019!!!!!.jpg (850x1200, 538K)

Attacking and running away isn't fighting btw. And forget what Isshin says about using any means to win.

1. Deflect his attacks.
2. When he farts, sprint away from it, and take an antidote if you get poisoned.
3. When he jumps up and throws shit at you, sprint in any direction. He'll usually miss.
4. On 2nd phase, just deflect everything, but always be ready to sprint away when he starts charging his terror scream.
5. 2nd phase, if you can deflect his large overhead smash attack, he'll get stunned for a few seconds. You can either just wail on him when this happens, or you can equip your spear and stab him in his neck stump. The damage is about the same either way, but if you use the spear, you'll do a bit more posture damage than just attacking him. But you may want to save those spirit emblems for something else, so do whatever you want.
6. Also, consider farming for the green gourd and purple gourd to help you against the poison and terror attacks, but that isn't really necessary.

Any fight against a big dumb asshole like this, just play unlocked, stay at their butt, attack after they do.

It's "hitotsu"

Fuck it, I'll reinstall it and go for NG7+ Charmless
I got to NG5+ before moving on to other games

Demon of Hatred and the Final Boss were harder for me.

Why is she so hairy in that picture? hatching is fine but there's a limit

Attached: 1583098719012.png (903x903, 775K)

What happened?

It's thread

Come on, the purple swordsman guarding the floating passage skill is harder and he's right before Juzou.

partnership with George RR martin and Miyasaki for elden ring

How do we know dlc was planned?

becasue Sekiro is the only game without a dlc, and sold like 3 times what BB sold

better to sprint towards him (ie underneath him) when he throws shit at you. he can track you to the sides but he can't throw it under him

So what you mean is we don't know.

he's actually guarding the mist raven tool
It's the pot noble who sells the floating passage skill

this is your Ashina general for tonight

Attached: 622222222222.jpg (963x1200, 646K)

why is she laughing at me?

only the first time

>Attacking and running away isn't fighting btw
it is literally fighting

his other appearances are optional

Is it just me or stand and fight the bosses head-on easier than attack+run cheese?

>I miss my wife, Sekiro. I really do.

O'rin and Owl pushed my shit in on NG+3

yup, aggression works very well

Well, it's certainly much faster.

attack+run is easier, but it takes way longer. mastering movesets ends up faster and more satisfying.

that's the whole point of the game
That'd why people get so easily filtered, they just try to use hit and run

el grande padre is also optional but everyone fought him, which means that they had to go through the drunkard + lone shadow combo with no help unless they were smart and somehow got the backstab and ninjutsu on the shadow before starting the fight

>Spoiler
i could never get that to work for some reason. i’d lose aggro then try to sneak up on him, but then he turns around even with me using Gachiin’s coke

>backstab
that shit's impossible cause they placed a fucking mob behind them that will always start screaming and alert them

Attached: riceloli.jpg (800x792, 172K)

use the whistle to distract the ninja, dummies

Sometimes, sometimes not.
>eat lead
>he ate pavement
Neither of those are used in the manner you describe.

Oh damn you're right.

Attached: 1582280085544.gif (550x400, 2.13M)

son of a bitch. i’ll definitely give that a try next time. these days i can dab on him without a scratch.

I was so scared of fighting her because you guys kept crying her being difficult, literally got her on my 3rd try and I didnt even use the peas thingy the last try.

Attached: 24248824.jpg (1200x1014, 884K)

God I want to marry and adopt kuro with her

she's not too hard at all, but most people went directly after her once they've unlocked hirata estate

i’m guessing you also fought her after Genichiro?

I fought him after her because he gave me trouble. That bastard took me too long.

Hyper offense. You want to stay back and be cautious. Don't. He telegraphs his swings well, you can deflect easily. Dodge away from his sides when he falls on his back and you can get free hits. Ichimonji Double is good at staggering him. Just STAY ON HIM.

mortal blade
ez kill

Shut the fuck up

tank his scream with anti-terror gourd + spiral cloud passage

game didn't need any dlc so that's fine

True, that samurai is pretty hot desu

i also want to marry and adopt kuro

I tried doing that but couldn't because I was retarded
I missed Owl in the burning courtyard and missed the key. didn'teven know he was there
I had to come back later and run through the whole level to find it

Uryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Not really

>hit and run tactics to remove his goons
>get the samurai to help you out after everyone else is dead
>gank his ass

>ooops *one shots you* teehee :3

was the first boss of my playtrought got there fucking naked with only shurikens and axe, 1 gourd seed and no fucking life, took me time but she's the perfect parry tutorial & the shuriken weakness soo.. had to get good and that's about it

git gud.

You can gank his ass with the samurai

You would have had a much easier time if you just went the normal route and then come back later on.
It's something the game never tells you, so lots of people get stuck there thinking that's the only way to progress and end up giving up

fucking exp late game gets ridiculous
my last skill is the mushin one that require about 9 levels and each level is like 60,000 exp and i'm on ng+4 now

Kill any miniboss you have left

i came from dark souls, and US 7th saga when i see a fog gate, it's the way to go

it's on my second playthrought that i noticed that there was a "easy path" and that horse dude was suposed to be the actual 1st boss + the well hidden merchant that sold firecrackers right before the ogre

There's also a secret passage in ashina outskirts that leads to Senpou temple

unironically wife (NOT waifu) material

the best farming spot is at the end of the game (non Shura ending) at the save point with where you fought the ogre

Kill everyone else, bait him away and backstab him, then get samurai to help

A very happy family

Attached: c78cfbf76fe43d9fc5406dea3334561a.png (1000x625, 871K)

youtu.be/hLI0uNJma-E

Attached: 2d1kekiuojf41.png (1243x1881, 2.56M)

i'm dead

you're talking about the path to the demon bell right ?
found it after i got the purple umbrela and was on headless hunt

Literally started playing and am already getting filtered by this guy

I can always kill him once no problem but I just rush and fuck it up on the second go.

do you happen to know the artist?

3:00
Best part

it's the only "dark souls boss type" where you need to dodge around him instead of parry /counter (they even let you have a "ghost" with you. if you got the flame vent he's pretty easy and you have a safe spot on the top of the rock...

Abuse the oil + flamethrower trick and keep setting him on fire.
Use the friendly NPC as a distraction while you wack him from the back

But there's always the option of coming back once you've gotten stronger, Hirata estate is an optional area that is much harder then normal route that you take after the ogre

Attached: 1554656774072.jpg (880x856, 133K)

have you killed them all?
There are 5 in total, and one of them is really tricky to find

damn.... kino....

yeah each one represent a candy (they are the original "souls" ) but since there are 2 (technicaly 3 but you know what i mean) underwater those are easy

the most chalenging one paradoxally is the first you encounter as the arena is pretty small and the slow smoke makes it easy for him to reap your spine

and paradoxally i found that the most "hidden one" is the stealth / green headless

Lads I don't know where you met him at but this guy is my first boss in the game.

No flamethrower or anything yet, I went there the second I got the bell and I took the secret shortcut from the river and got straight into the tunnels.

I might have skipped ahead a bit but I don't plan on backing off from this fat fuck now.

This game really isn't that difficult. Are people seriously this bad at video games?

beat him first try

The flamethrower is located near the first savepoint in hirata estate, you know that little village with a bunch of bandits drinking? There's a large bonfire there, inside of it you will find the flamethrower.

But don't do the drunkard that early, you're just going to get fucked.
At least grab the skill that least you heal more HP per flask. (Reward for beating a boss near the lady with the bell)
The flamethrower also works wonderfully against that one too, it's his weakness.

But really don't do Juzou early.... But it's up to you.

and? the OP is considering the fact that the first time you fight him is early in the game and that's why he's hard when you're still learning the ropes. my first playthrough none of the other drunkards gave me as much trouble as the first one.

me too

also to add in general :

red eye = weak to flame
animals = weak to firecrackers or shurikens
shield = weak to axe
armored fatties = weak to spear (not the seven spears )
spear dudes = weak to mikiri ( double deflect for the last of theseven spear)
floating palace = weak to poison
headless monkey = weak to spear
ghost = weak to divine comfeti ( or purple umbrela strike)

demon of hatred : weak to malovelent ( only 3 time )

owl : weak to firecrackers & DON'T TRY TO USE A PIERCE ATTACK

genshiro = weak to lightning counter & sidesteps

forgot : ghosts (like the first monk or the dudes in butterlfy = weak to snap seeds

I fucking missed the item because I cleared that whole place and I even cleaned up the little huts for items but I didn't think about interacting with the firepit...

I guess I'll go back, grab that piece and clear the intended path to the boss.

Elden Ring will be good. Trust Miyazaki-San.

Attached: 20200302222558_1.jpg (1920x1080, 372K)

Not with this fat fuck in charge

Attached: Portrait_photoshoot_at_Worldcon_75,_Helsinki,_before_the_Hugo_Awards_–_George_R._R._Martin.jpg (1647x2099, 2.92M)

I would also advice you to get the mikiri counter skill ASAP.
The thing is, in Hirata estate you took the shortcut right?
That means you skipped one boss (+ a key needed to access another part of Hirata estate)
The boss is called the Shinobi hunter, and he's basically a check to see if you have mikiri counter unlocked.

You've probably also missed the pot noble in that large river in the beginning of Hirata. He sells some good stuff so be sure to visit him.

But even with that, I would still advixe you to follow the normal path through Ashina outskirts and come back to Hirata estate later on.

Got the Mikiri already, and I saw the Pot dude who wants fish scales but I can't seem to hit the fish in the water so I'm waiting to unlock a fishing rod or maybe a piercing attack?

you should be able to breeze thru hirata after having 1 or 2 shinobi memories

And it'll have at least 2 cut bosses that look amazing. Still mad we never got to fight the werewolf dragon in bloodborne or Moon Presence phase 3.

>Elden Ring will make money and fund a better game
Happened with BB after DS2, Sekiro after DS3, and whatever’s after ER.

>in charge
how stupid are you?

come from behind the fishes and dash into them while spaming attack

the pot dude is not really usefull early game as the floating passage is "cool" but not that strong and the red gourd is pretty much useless until the last optional boss

on the other hand Ichimonji is the most broken art in the game ( that's why owl try to use it on you too )

I think they just flew him over for an afternoon just to give them a thumbs-up and say “NEW GAME FROM THE GOT DUDE”

>in charge
He's not fucking in charge lel, he co-wrote some background lore with Miyazaki and flew home the next day

Your second fight with him should have resulted in you both killing each other with a deathblow before you two getting back up because immortality and shit. Imagine if Dante had beaten Vergil on their second encounter instead of being a draw. Vergil would be treated as (even more) as a joke

I wonder if this guy was the prototype for Gyoubu.

Attached: 12rcrlzoxqg31.jpg (1334x750, 50K)

They at least had a cool idea with this for the first owl fight, you can get him to list all three rules if you revive through his fight twice.

>Drunkards
None of the other bosses in the game gave me as much trouble as Juzou and his palette swaps. Something about their animations make it hard for me to parry successfully.

Attached: sad kitten.jpg (407x354, 22K)

just dance around like it's DS nigger easisest boss in the game

Attached: images.jpg (203x249, 6K)

>werewolf dragon
what

There’s a few cut BB bosses because of reasons

Attached: D7B06563-E168-484F-8281-CFD79983EBC2.jpg (1080x1080, 72K)

THE MORE THE FIREKEEPER DRANK SHARD BONES, THE MORE SHE SHAT ESTUS

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1424559830981.gif (187x155, 1.87M)

For me it was the naked giant guy

I am not very good at videogames

Yeah, there's a spear prosthetic you can unlock much later that will help you with catching fishes.
and later you will also get a skill that allows you to dive underwater

>clear out the mobs around him every time
that's what killed my interest in this game, the number of times you have to do this got old fast for me

>red gourd useless
>what is the bull

>t.nigger supremo
You are supposed to give up on him and proceed with the game. Beat the horse dude who is easier and then go back. Butterfly is nigh impossible early.

He's more like a miniboss because you can retreat from fighting him.

It's possible to drag him away from the mobs because minibosses have a higher vision that normal enemies

Hardest boss in the game is demon of hatred since the i-frame is completely fucked in that game and you can't parry more than 2 hits against him thanks to artificial difficulty
Actual hardest boss is the APE since everyone including myself died a lot against him.

>tfw he rises up

What's amazing is that ashina is full of these fuckers later and they become really easy since you know all his attack patterns.

Monkey is the most kino fight if you go in completely blind

I don't really get why people hate him. He's a slow writer, but most of the books he has written range from good to fantastic.

>Motion Blur: MAX

Attached: 1552946967090.png (263x446, 195K)

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

>bull
firecracker & a single anti fire powder should do the trick you should have at least 5 - 10 for the boss

for me, its this piece of shit. i must have died at least 30 times to this piece of shit alone. im pretty sure he is not meant to be fought at the level that I was at the time.

Attached: hirata estate lone shadow.jpg (690x388, 44K)

Is Guardian Ape the ultimate filter?

He's just there to fuck with you.
Same shit like the giant crystal lizard in ds3, or the ogre in ds2

>elden shitng
Starfield and toddy boy will run circles around From's pathetic attempt at an rpg

was satisfying when I finally did kill him tho. he taught me a lot about the game so I'm happy he was there

>Bethesda making anything good

Attached: 100148880941142.jpg (800x450, 61K)

No it's this motherfucker

Attached: seven-ashina-spears-shikibu-toshikatsu-yamauchi-gallery-4-wiki-guide (3).jpg (1920x1080, 201K)

I knew this boss was optional but my autism told me i had to kill him since he must be guarding something good, took me like 15 tries.
Also you can fight him without a single skill, al you need to do is deflect.

He's actually really easy, the hard part is the devs built a retarded system where if you die you have to kill all the motherfuckers again since they respawn, and that one had 2 ogres and 2 snipers, fuck that shit.

demon of hatred is actually pretty easy if you have the fire umbrella for the large balls

also he have a set attack patern once you learn it and you stay realclose to him, he's pretty easy

Did you know that those aren't large balls, but flaming buddha statues?

don't need to kill them at all, you litterally follow the same path as in the tutorial AND you can snipe the first bar of the boss, then it's counter, dodge & mikirir

I've done 2 playthroughs and still havent beat owl 2 and isshin in shura ending. Owl 2 especially is insane. How do you not get stunned by his firecrackers desu?

The only thing that kills me these days is not paying attention to when the red kanji comes up and he charges. Staying close is key, and I pretty much have to deflect that kick he does as part of that four string combo; the rest get dodged.

Owl filtered me

It’s awesome. Also you can just keep running in circles around him if you’re at a certain distance and they won’t get you.

Simply dodge through them

you dive in, firecrackers stun on explosion to the outside, the inside is a safe spot

on the second & third part some of his charges have a 2 frame charge BS also the camera is pretty bad during the fight

>firecrackers stun on explosion to the outside, the inside is a safe spot
how the fr*ck is anyone supposed to know that

Every iteration after that is vulnerable to a stealth deathblow

Attached: 1577547491072.png (559x536, 228K)

>sneak behind him
>free deathblow

any boss that allows you to take one of its life bars that easily can't be the hardest boss

>also the camera is pretty bad during the fight
I don’t think From will ever have an answer for that, so learn to play unlocked half the time. I picked up on that skill with Demon’s Souls.

Attached: 1574289135152.jpg (4000x4055, 3.52M)

Attached: 1555307698579.jpg (2048x1725, 825K)

He's currently cool to hate due to how the show ended, like he had anything to do with that.

>It's something the game never tells you, so lots of people get stuck there thinking that's the only way to progress and end up giving up

You can still continue the path downward once you reach the broken bridge to hide from snek and then come back to Hirata when you're ready.

that's the trick: when you advance in the game, you find out that the most efficient way to fight is to be always on the offensive, if you step back you almost always immediatly get punished, going all out and countering is the most efficient way; the only exeption to that might be jinzou, his monkey clone or demon of hatred as they are designed like "souls boss" with armor frames and heavy attacks

woooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Attached: [WOOOOOOOOOOs internally].webm (834x630, 328K)

fucking autist casual

Tell that to everyone who gave up

>I'm sad that people call him a jobber all the time.

>Can be beaten in his first fight and needed help from his friend
>Throw his lightning back at him in the second
>Just warm up for Sword Saint in the third
>In a way, he lost all 3 fights against Wolf

Why did that spear monk in ashina castle instantly anti-air you when you jumped over his sweep? That was pure BS.

He isn't called a Shinobi hunter for no reason

Pure deflecting, attacking, and countering keep adding up posture damage with no time to recover while hit and run lets the bosses slowly regain posture

Deflect his attacks dumbass and jump away when you see the danger symbol

Attached: 79093312_p0.jpg (2560x1302, 1.06M)

mikiri barrier check aka "don't try to go if you don't know how to mikiri"

I beat the entire game without mikiri countering once.
I didn't know how to do it.

Attached: 1583183611728.png (680x610, 400K)

You're crazy.

Wtf I thought that was impossible to do

you don't really "need it" at any point in the game
it's just that you'll miss a cycle into building their posture bar and the boss is just another tutorial the games put in place to set your path in the game (hence the fog gate )

>Remember trying to learn the mikiri counter and not want to dodge the attack
>Shinobi hunter gives me trouble for awhile
>Second playthrough, feel like youtu.be/Kv9ygN2B8WU?t=164 when I easily counter his shit

>tfw DoH keeps killing you

Attached: 1583102874168.gif (400x493, 1.97M)

That was probably the most annoying boss in the game.

corrupted monk is the real bullshit boss

not hard but doing the fight without taking huge risks/damage is a long exercise in holding left/right + sprinting and only being able to reliably attack during pauses in 3 of her moves, one of which has a nasty followup you have to watch out for

even the ape is less bullshit than this, he actually takes damage and can be fire-stunned

>Kill mob from afar with shurikens
>Leave if you fucked up and alerted edge master
>Return once he forgot you existed and stab him again

>I knew this boss was optional but my autism told me i had to kill him since he must be guarding something good, took me like 15 tries.
that feel when I did the same thing, I'm actually glad I did because his fight prepared me for interior ministry ninjas I encountered later and taught me to mikiri and jump counter properly

>Chained ogre

Was I just super lucky or something? I saw everyone complaining about his supposedly bullshit grab but I just jumped over it every time. I killed him first time, then died once in the tiny room you fight him in second time because I forgot that bosses do like 4x the damage later on

Yeah I got filtered by this cunt

tiny room ogre was super easy for me, I had the upgraded flame weapon though so that might have helped a bit
he gets stunned for so long during it and you know he does his grab to retaliate so you can mash attack until the symbol appears and then mash dodge and back
I don't think I even touched my healing gourd once

Well you also do much more damage to them because of the extra attack power

Also anyone else notice their dogs in the ashina invasion part have naruto headbands on?

you do not need to perform a single attack against any enemy in the game outside of red dot 'executions'

Just deflect her, then instantly kill. Even her shadows.

Dude barely even helps, maybe helps get him down a death blow if you play it right but you aren't going to carry yourself the rest of the way alone without learning the boss or whatever cheese bullshit faggots do.

nah, the hardest are those gun bitches

Yeah, he was easy enough, but I died instantly to one of his moves where he slams you into the floor. I just got up and rekt him after that because I suddenly remembered I'd just bought the flame vent that needs the resin from mibu village

I barely ever used that though, which was a shame. The only ones I ever used were shurikens, spear and firecrackers

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 25K)

This. They fucked me hard.

Just jump when they try to hug you

You can't get the purple gourd by then.

I made him cheese himself.

they still sometimes get me, also these whores never need to reload and the gun does big damage, at least you can poison their ass, I had more problems with the one in the poison area than with any monkey boss

Attached: 1582408969154.jpg (559x1078, 84K)

But you can.
I explored all of mibu, ashina depths, and gunfort before fighting Genichiro, even killed the first giraffe mini boss.

Use mortal blade during their poison animation to kill them fast
Same thing can be done with O'rin

interesting, I will try this, I still have to go for more endings anyway, shura one is really dark.

I never knew you could get that fucker to help until after

I actually beat him on the first try but since he killed the guy who helps you I reset the game thinking I would miss some reward or side quest, then it took me like 3-4 tries to kill him while keeping samurai guy alive.

Hesitation is death user.

I always stayed very close to demon of hatred because otherwise he would do gay and annoying ranged attacks, you can just dodge through his claw attack kick combo

>Just deflect her
easier said than done, if your timing is even slightly off for the 5 swings attack your posture gets crushed and you get whacked by either the last swing or the next attack

was Owl happy when Sekiro beat him?

Attached: Screenshot_20200303-134047.png (2160x1080, 1.39M)

>play Demon's Soul, Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Sekiro, Nioh, Hollow Knight, Blasphemous and Code Vein
>realize I don't actually like these games

I beat SSI this weekend while listening to this youtube.com/watch?v=ZujuYiweht8
felt good

same went there as soon as it opened and slapped her shit, juzou too me way longer

>ONE
>TWO
>THREE
Most kino fight ever.

>wait until he starts doing the animation for buffing his sword, run in, hit him twice, run away
>repeat till his health is at zero then death blow him

user, he's one of the fucking easiest bosses

i beat the guardian ape in 2 tries and the 2 Apes in only 1 try ask me anything.

Agreed with OP
I've beat this game 10 times and nothing else came close to the struggle of learning this guy. Especially for a first timer or starting a fresh save.
Sure, you can cheese the fight, run away and poke when the opportunity arises. But actually standing right there infront of him and parrying/dodging everything took me hours upon hours of conditioning and after all my time with the game i think he's absolutely the most fun to fight.

i stabbed him in the back

It's his dad

Yeah she's pretty hard if you don't know how to deflect. Once you learn deflect it's kinda insulting how easy she is.

What's your fetish?

youtube.com/watch?v=lA6xqeMVuDY

Attached: Hata.no.Kokoro.full.2814571.png (1400x1000, 1.58M)

>not using stealth in a stealth game to kill his minions and then calling over the guy to help

Attached: 1580415210877.jpg (1024x792, 187K)

Fuck, this game had good music.
Sekiro was my first From Software game (and still is for now). Finished it recently. Nothing really compares to how good this game feels, from atmosphere to gameplay.
Sorry for the tangent, i just really like this game.

Attached: 1572308409083.gif (346x449, 121K)

Once I figured out the shield blocked the aoe I beat both first try. Lady Butterfly took me like 20 tries, but once I got past that, I don't think any boss took me over 5 tries other than Genichiro because the timing on the stage 2 lightning reflect took me 4 attempts to learn.

I wasn't a huge souls guy but these developers are brilliant, Japan is brilliant western action games do not come close.

Attached: 1580449857517.jpg (1080x1350, 289K)

Wait i've never seen this location at night

Yep, this and giant fire demon were the hardest fights, they were made optional intentionally

It is actually, until you are pushed into:
>clearing all bad guys by running loops inside and out of the house
>leashing boss out of range, then getting a free red dot
>finally fighting him with 1 dot left and your old man ally

If I went through the dark souls series leaning heavily on shields and hated the parry system every time, how fucked am I in this?

Time for a 2nd playthrough
There are 4 endings to the game, each with their own unique bosses
You can now use charmless + demonbell to make the game fresh agaín ( I don't recommend doing it on your first NG+, maybe later if you decide to play the game a 3rd time)

Attached: 1580031312778.gif (480x480, 1.87M)

my experience of sekiro

>get destroyed by everything up until genichiro
>beat genichiro
>breeze through the rest of the game with very little difficulty

The parry system in Sekiro is great and feels much better than any souls game. They give you a tutorial guy to spar with. I just fought him until I could perfect parry every time and take no damage. In my opinion that is a necessity because they start throwing curve balls and will test you on every little combat mechanic. If you're willing to learn a new play style it's absolutely worth it.

The parry timing is 30 frames. Not 6 frames like in dark souls
And you can always dodge and block hits, you don't always have to 100% parry everything

Just finished corrupted monk in my NG+8 charmless demon bell run.
Hardest boss so far. The first phase was piss easy, you don't need to attack and the reflects are easy enough. The second phase is more of the same with annoying shadows. But with the mistakes of the two combined I was almost out of healing but the time the third phase came along. One mistake was almost guaranteed death. Reflect after reflect for instant posture regeneration. Only getting to attack damage after dodging her fear attack, which I kept jumping instead of dodging because of muscle memory from previous phases.
Owl (father) took me like two tries but this bitch probably got to twenty.

mostly incest. is that even a fetish these days?

> Defeated by my own son? The feeling is not entirely unpleasant...

>The parry timing is 30 frames.
I feel like a geriatric retard for missing them now

You're an actual retard if you don't think it was true final Isshin.

I'm a pleb shitter, OP. I struggled with every boss in Sekiro, but yeah, the Drunkard took me more tries than most, granted I stopped about halfway through the game, but I can say in my experience the drunkard was the most annoying for the first 3rd of the game or so, either him or monk faggot killer or whatever his name was. I struggled with him a lot as well.

Ah forgot about her as well, so yeah she'd be in the category as well. She's at least the first "filter" people encountered I guess. Took me like 50 tries on her.

Attached: Sekiro meme.png (1488x1078, 1.66M)

If thats why people hate him they have to be retarded. He stopped working with the show in season 4. People should hate him because Winds of Winter is never coming out and a Dream of Summer? is definitely never coming out

I actually beat chained ogre on my first try. Fire absolutely wrecks him. Not sure why others did't use oil+fire prostethic to absolutely push his shit in

Took me 11 tries, exactly. The early ones were me learning. Eventually got good enough to get her first phase without heals or dying. The fucking genjutsu in the second phase was the worst part once I got everything else down. I’m at Genichiro now but I’m probably gonna farm the prayer beads/bosses I can do first.

why did you drop the game halfway through

Yeah, i'm up to Senpou and i'm doing charmless + demonbell (since the ogre). So far it's been going pretty smoothly.
Only had to resurrect once on ogre and once on the bull. I also got the alternative cutscene in the first Genichiro fight.

Attached: 1582635576636.png (440x600, 462K)

come back to fountainhead palace after the final invasion of the ministry

Got to the first Genichiro fight and I guess I just stopped playing. I do plan to go back and finish it, honestly probably didn't even make it halfway, but I was enjoying the game.

I'm also not a big Soulslike fan. I played Bloodborne part way and tried to play Dark Soul games and couldn't get into them. Not really my kind of genre.

This, they even tell you before you face him to use fire on Red eye enemies, it was a pretty close fight though.

Gneichiro is the final tutorial boss, so that's like 1/4th into the game

whats the filter in bloodborne? blood starved beast?

father gascoigne
50% of the players gave up on him

Ah, well. I felt like I had done a lot up to that point, guess the game is way longer than I suspected it would be. Especially if the first Genichirou fight is only 1/4 of the way through the game.

I refuse to believe that. I suck dick at these games and even I beat Father Gascoigne after like 7-10 tries or so. BSB took me 50 tries and I screamed and cried in the process.

BSB has got to be more of a filter than Gascoigne. If 50% gave up at him then that makes me feel like a king.

even worse, on Xbox only 28% of the players even got past genichiro

Attached: 20190327190108_1.jpg (1844x1048, 477K)

Attached: 1582658746455 (1).jpg (708x1024, 119K)

I feel like achievement percentages are skewed by the kind of person that plays the game for 10 minutes and then forgets about it. It's not necessarily true that everyone was giving their all but only 50% of people managed it, maybe only 51% of people even bothered playing that far

Damn, well I'm on PS4, so I don't know if it's higher on that, figured it was. I guess at least I wasn't the only one that played 1/4 of the game and then dropped it.

mmhm

Attached: 1554478748459.jpg (2048x1536, 1.45M)

It's not that bad

>. I also got the alternative cutscene in the first Genichiro fight.

Bastard

I couldn't get the stealth deathblow on the ninja and only very inconsistently on Juzou so I shuriken'd the ninja and fought him one on one in the pools of water in front of the courtyard. Then I got the deathblow on the drunkard, killed the archers real quick and finished drunkard.

Really iffy to get the first deathblow on either of them, they seem to instantly spot you within a certain radius even with the stealth sugar. Is it because of the poison archer behind them?

>Is it because of the poison archer behind them?
yep, that's why from placed him there
U gotta watch your surroundings

The path to immortality is a cursed one indeed

Attached: 848248482.jpg (770x1200, 243K)

Yea Forums pretends they didn't get filtered hard on this boss and there weren't a thousand salt threads about him.

Attached: pepelaughz.jpg (800x450, 40K)

I found out on my second play through that you can actually deflect their grabs. I'm not sure if any other enemy is like that.

You might already know this, but you can pull the centipede from the monkey by using the spear
Deals a lot of dmg

If you spam parry the frames actually get a lot tighter. You can do it this way but it's a bad habit. Also a lot of people don't seem to realize that holding block refills your posture gauge a lot faster than just running around.

I think there's some poor communication going on in the game. For instance, you can parry thrust attacks, you just can't block them. For whatever reason it always felt to me like Mikiri counter was the ONLY way to stop a thrust attack.

If you finished any of the From games you can finish this one
IMO this is probably the hardest one since it's so different than the rest of them. Owl and Ape still kick my ass

It directly tells you that you can deflect thrust attacks in the menu that comes up the first time you fight an enemy that does perilous attacks.

I don't understand how you killed Masanari in the past but in the current future, you find Masanari having been killed by Isshin in the Serpent Shrine.

Also how did Takeru and even Tomoe manage to die if they never found a Mortal Blade to complete the severance?

in that case im retarded

Yeah someone told me about this on my second playthrough and it made it a lot easier.
I know you can deflect but not block thrusts but I'm not sure if there's any other grabs you can deflect other than the Snake-Eyes women.

>Also how did Takeru and even Tomoe manage to die if they never found a Mortal Blade to complete the severance?
Tomoe did manage to find it, and she also found out that she had to kill herself in order for the curse to be lifted.
She kept that a secret from Takeru same way we keep it a secret from Kuro

I know Emma tells you that Tomoe attempted suicide but I thought it didn't work.

yeah. but Tomoe finally managed to snatch the black mortal blade from senpou temple.
But before she got the mortal blade she did try to kill herself so many times that she caused a dragonrot pandemic in ashina that killed a shit ton of people

Anyone else here want a DLC where you play as prime-Isshin?
Tomoe boss battle would be absolute kino

Different context. "Eat lead" is an interjection. You wouldn't say, "He ate lead," unless you're being silly. Eating pavement is different, too, because the subject is doing the eating, not the object.
Really, all this boils down to knowing the difference between subjects and objects.

we could also have a battle against geenral tamura, Hanbei and shura Scultpor

Literally run and let him miss

I'll have to play it again because I don't remember it being confirmed that Tomoe found the Black Mortal Blade. It may be implied since Genichiro was able to find it and he was Tomoe's student. I'm also not sure on how Takeru died other than that he succumbed to his sickness despite being immortal.

>each with their own unique bosses
Bullshit, you can get 2 of the 4 endings and fight all of the bosses in the game

>not Demon of Hatred or Isshin

>Hairy

Take your fucking meds schizo, those are shadows.

this is the single worst strategy against every single enemy in the game

>big swipe
>jump
>shiruken
>big swipe
>jump
>shiruken
>big swipe
>combo

Charmless shinobi owl fucking sucks to fight.

how do you think tomoe killed herself then?
And Genichiro would never be able to get the mortal blade from senpou temple (even though he did try to get the red one), so he must have found the black one with the help of Tomoe's journal, hidden away by her.
Nothing is stated on how she managed to get the black one from senpou temple tho, because it was safely guarded by the headpriest.

I don't think Takeru really died, because in one of the journals it is stated that he would return home now. And we know that he's from fountainhead palace... So maybe he actually did die and returned there as a spirit of some sort?

>using sugars
embarrassing

>And we know that he's from fountainhead palace
He's from the divine realm, not fountainhead.

>not Owl (お父さん)

Attached: bait.gif (500x207, 3M)

It isn't confirmed. She tried to get the red blade from Senpou, but the monks wouldn't give it to her.
Genichiro didn't get the black blade from Tomoe, he got it from his grandfather. In the official manga, Isshin is shown wielding it as a young man. And you find the scroll about it just outside his tower.

If you're going to include optional bosses fought ASAP then the first headless you can encounter is by far the most difficult.

I guess there's just some stuff we won't be able to know for sure. I always figured there would be Tomoe DLC but that's probably not going to happen now.

yeah, they're kinda the same thing, I mean fountainhead palace is the entrance to the divine realm.
And tomoe is a fishbitch

According to tomoe's letter, it only says this:

"Restoration requires the Everblossom and Mortal Blade, and yet I cannot acquire the latter. It was hidden by the High Priest of Senpou Temple, who has no desire to sever the immortal ties..."

Also one of the Pot Nobles tells Wolf that he smells like the Divine Realm once you've been to Fountainhead but have yet to fight the dragon. I think Fountainhead/Divine Realm are used interchangeably most of the time, whether they mean it that way or not.

Fountainhead is still very much human.
Where you fight the sakura dragon is the real divine realm.

>this is probably the hardest one
really, for me this is clearly the easiest one and I wasn't a huge parry guy in the Dark Souls games, although I was no shield-babby either

Pretty sure the pot noble says that because Wolf burned the incense to get there, which smelled of the Divine Realm.

should have suffered from dragonrot

Attached: dragonrot emma.jpg (960x679, 495K)

how is that contradicting what the other user said?

whens the tomoe dlc

Attached: tomoe2.jpg (996x1370, 225K)

>first new game
>face roll through Hirata Estate murdering everyone and everything including Lady Butterfly
>don't even need to heal once

Attached: 1582409168129.png (557x605, 159K)

Why were so many common enemy encounters in this DS2 level gank squads?

"sword" saint

Attached: sword saint isshin.jpg (950x1300, 157K)

Attached: mayoi ga yabureru.jpg (1282x1080, 204K)

user was saying Wolf smelled because of going to the FP, which smells like the DR. But he actually smells because of the method used to get there, not the places smelling similar.

>Beat Isshin last night FUCK his last phase, there's something wrong with the hitbox on his big slams they hit you even when you're well outside of the range to be hit by them even compared to his previous phase.

just a title

I like how Sekiro kinda encourages cheating. Your a goddamn ninja. You're supposed to use tricks and shortcuts.

Who are you quoting?

>28% of the players even got past genichiro
what that's
damn that's bad, it's exactly 50% on steam right now, then it's 46,5% at the folding screen monkeys, imagine getting filtered by literal monkeys

I stopped playing with that 3 monkey boss because I killed them all but the hp softlocked
Couldn't be bothered anymore with the game

Sekiro J. Wolf

On PS4 almost every boss past the beginning of the game has a 45% completion rate but then Sword Saint Isshin has 25% or something. I can't comprehend getting to the last boss and not beating him, he's hard but not hard enough to filter out people who got that far.

Because you finally have the mobility and tools to deal witb gank squads.

>No drum magazine on that fucking handgun

Well, mostly. Gank squads with grabs and thrusts are a different story.

>I can't comprehend getting to the last boss and not beating him, he's hard but not hard enough to filter out people who got that far.

SS doesn't really do anything new and can be beaten using deflect and counters so I don't get why you would stop just short of the final fight after all the bullshit the game throws at you.

He's tough on the first playthrough, but I'm of the opinion that the Chained Ogre on NG+0 is harder and more unfair.

I know Owl can mikiri basic thrusts but can he also do it for your shadowrush?

The fucked hitbox on his grab is the only thing that makes Chained Ogre hard.

>Sekiro J. Wolf
lol
Mikiri and jump? What gank squads have grabs?

There's a fourth monkey.

yes
he can also mikiri your spear prosthetic

When you're NG+0 and have no combat arts, one gourd, one revival, and a 1-inch health bar (on top of having just purchased the game and not being fully adjusted to the game's combat), you basically have to be flawless.

>stopped playing GOTY 2019 because you missed the invisible monkey in the easiest boss fight
Kekiro

I agree, after I beat him I felt like nothing gave me much trouble until the Demon of Hatred, but he took me a lot of attempts.

dodging the most telegraphed attack in the world is not hard

My problem is it’s a rhythm game so unless I play for hours at a time consecutive days straight I lose the muscle memory because I generally have one day a week I can spend on vidya so when I finally come back to the game I’ve lost the rhythm and it’s frustrating as fuck to have to learn it all over again. It sucks cause I really want to beat it but at this rate I probably never will.

Mikiri doesn't work too well when you have two or mores enemies using thrust attacks at the same time. And Assassins grab, that's the only one that comes to mind immediately. In retrospect, it isn't as bad as I made it out to be, I think I'm still just salty over the few times that it did happen.

Attached: 4f9ab676f8ba4a9e6aad306f64f14aae.jpg (427x640, 35K)

Oh, their little jumping hug? I forgot about that. Pretty much the reason I avoid fighting the assassins. The salt is understandable.

just use the mortal blade

I think you just have an attitude problem. It's not a rhythm game.

Took me 50+ tries. Almost gave up.

Sekiro being a rhythm game is a meme as big as "dial-a-combos". There are enemy patterns and once you figure them out you don't have to relearn them.

Mikiri works extremely well in all situations. You can fight one enemy and have the other coming at you with a thrust from across the screen and mikiri will work as long as you forward dash connects with the thrust.

>Enemy swings sword
>Wait for sword to almost hit you
>Deflect

It's not that hard

Yeah, they're not very fun to fight as a result.
Do you mean mortal draw? I never used it because it seemed broken and OP.
I think the problem was me getting into situations I shouldn't have. Regardless, I found my lock-on breaking in such instances from time to time, which makes it considerably harder to do.

Anyone beaten the game blindfolded yet? It's got good sound design with the dangerous attacks and the voice work. Seems like it might be do-able.

Pretty much. Apparently they've been trying to make a mounted boss since at least DS1.

It's not that hard but it's certainly not as simple as you put it. There are patterns to figure out, and all enemies have a key to them. Try fighting the purple ninjas with your approach, there are more efficient ways to punish them.

why would not use the mortal draw, the game is all about cheesing enemies to the maximum

People hyped this one up but I died way more to Monk (forma de real) than I did here. I dunno what's wrong with me.

Every time I think that I'm bad at video games, I remember threads like this.
Like, holy shit. How are there this many people whining about arguably the easiest boss in the game?
Are you literal quadriplegics? Game journalists? What?

>Try fighting the purple ninjas with your approach, there are more efficient ways to punish them.

Besides the ones with poison, they always seem eager to do that three kick combo then do a very easy mikiri counter.

You can kill the ministry ninja in seconds flat with deflections. Their silly kick combo seals their fate.

Someone link this dude to the one thread with the guy getting filtered by that general mini-boss

prueba

Have fun reading this

arch.b4k.co/v/thread/496550431/#q496550431

They also have a sweep that should be double jumped. Some people fail to realize their kick can be mikiri'd making them unnecessarily hard.

>I suck at games
>WAAAAHHH IT'S THE GAMES FAULT
Lol. I literally haven't played the game in about 8-9 months. Recently reinstalled it, got all the way to Madame Butterfly without dying. And beat her without dying. Then got bored and uninstalled it again.
You just fucking suck.

>They also have a sweep that should be double jumped. Some people fail to realize their kick can be mikiri'd making them unnecessarily hard.

Soi incarnate

You sure? I don't recall them using any perilous attacks.

>Some people fail to realize their kick can be mikiri'd making them unnecessarily hard.

I channeled my inner IP man

Attached: DVD-CP-GL08-17.jpg (600x400, 46K)

they have both sweeps and thrust attacks

Probably never. Our only hope is some type of Sekiro 2 or prequel Tomoe/Sculptor game.

When they do the long combo with a wind up kick at the end the kick is a thrust.

Rather, I don't recall them having perilous sweeps.

youtu.be/R0ucWV9yNDQ?t=71

The kick that you can counter

youtu.be/R0ucWV9yNDQ?t=113

Sweep

I wish there were more enemies that you could grapple attack.

>no stamina bar so you can sprint forever

why has no one thought to abuse this mechanic? it makes so many bosses easy. I beat Guardian ape first try blind doing this

there's DoH. gyobou, monkey... And that's it

This is Yea Forums, popular = trash. Actual quality does not need to be determined.

yes, they make this jump kick attack towards the ground and right after that they do a sweep attack which you can jump and then tap jump again for sick posture damage and then they have a series of kicks that ends with the last kick being a trust attack that can be mikiri'd, all of them do this, even the named ones. The only difference are that some use a poison move also. If you learn their move set you can kill them easily and are good against three mini-bosses.

Because it's not fun.

What makes you think people didn't think of that? You can cheese the whole game that way, but it's a scrub's way of playing.

having a stamina bar would make some enemies and bosses incredibly hard if not impossible to beat

you can do it on the ogre too, but the window is rather short

Bosses like him and the ape were an important learning opportunity. The lesson being that you can deflect just about anything in the game

Yeah, I had hoped to use the grapple in regular combat.

I saw a lot of people on streams doing it this way, making their boss fights extremely long.

Attached: 8822489.jpg (430x1200, 309K)

???

what am i looking at here

>imagine not using divine abduction on the worst ganks in the game
people really ignored for no reason, really speeds up some encounters

sidenote: I wish Lady Butterfly would have gotten a hardmode refight like Owl

Like what?

run-up to the encounter with first seven spear of ashina, the fight before ashina dojo with 3 ashina samurai, turning the mobs near drunkard into helpers with puppetier, fountain palace fights

Hungry

Attached: 74592134_p0.jpg (1600x1200, 274K)

I beat her on my first try. I know people have trouble with different things, but I've always found it a little crazy that someone could get passed Juzou and then be stuck on her. I feel like if you beat Juzou you already know everything you need to know to beat her.

Are you talking about just turning enemies around, or spiriting them away?

The game also hints that you can stunlock her by doing sidestep dodges + immediate counter

How does the game hint that?

turning around of course, makes them immedeately susceptable to a backstab

Same here. Especially the one just before the owl father(at the end of the game).
I don't know why but i had so much trouble parrying him.
And i also realize one thing about that game : It's easier than the souls because you respawn near the boss.
But it's not the case for that fat bastard. You need to kill 10 guards before fighting him. That adds so much to the pressure of losing again.

A pop up hint right before you face her tell you that side stepping into a immediate counter is a viable strategy
Or something like that I don't remember correctly

Did you not use the help of the npc samurai?
Makes the fight very easy

I said the one right before the owl father boss toward the end of the game. There's no npc samurai in this version.

I hate headless. I fucking hate those stupid Mr Blobby cunts

Attached: 1556657206815.jpg (750x618, 119K)

Use anti terror gourd
Use divine confetti
No divine confettis or too lazy to farm them?
Use the purple umbrella shield with the projected force skill

No, but he was proud.

Monk was my favorite boss in the game. Visually, it's awesome with the bridge and the effect with the leaves was super cool. I liked the rythym of learning the spins so you can perfectly parry every hit.

I think I only used this on fire bull.

It genuinely didn't occur to me that I could beat the game in such a ridiculously boring manner

Why do think so many people got stuck on the final boss?
They HAVE to parry him, but they didn't bother the entire game so he's pretty much impossible to beat

You can run circles around Isshin and just punish his jump attacks for a skill-free win.

>the only fromsoft game without a moonlight greatsword
why

Attached: 1372216641191.jpg (400x290, 17K)

>Defeated by my wife's son?

You just don't wield this game's iteration.

Attached: Sekiro_Divine_Dragon_copy.jpg (1400x1400, 134K)

Attached: 1582158360983.jpg (750x1068, 319K)

why is he missing an arm again?

A moonlight prosthetic would be dope as
A slow pojectile that deals magic dmg and can hurt ghosts

He was the previous generations sekiro

Takeru took a branch from the Sakura tree in fountainhead palace and brought it to ashina, that branch became a giant everblossom.
But that tree he took the branch from is the Sakura dragon, so it got hurt in the process.

Alternatively, the dragon is mirroring Sekiro and Kuro.
He doesn't have a left arm, like Sekiro.
And he has a giant scar on his chest, and Kuro used the mortal blade on his chest to cut himself so he could use his blood for the Fountainhead fragrance

I think I died more to Guardian Ape than every other boss combined.

The dragon and sekiro have literally nothing to do with each others

Phantom Kunai pretty much fits that description.
I appreciate you mentioning both theories instead of acting like you know which one is right.

For me, the hardest part about Sword Saint was seeing where the fuck his attacks are coming from in that tall grass.

Yeah but the phantom kunai is garbage and outright inferior to the shooting star shuriken

Yeah...

What the hell was it's problem

Attached: Sakura_Bull_of_the_Palace.png (480x650, 534K)

I agree with you wholeheartedly, but he is a fucking jobber and there's no changing that.

based

Maybe if you go by the new meme definition of jobber as someone who loses easily.

>sneak up
>firecrackers
>runs into wall
>deathblow

it lost some brain cells to the rejuvenating waters

Why is it white and why does it have a skeleton head

I know that was probably the easiest boss but I liked it, felt cool and well done

If he were the final boss I think that would be appropriate, but considering he's just a minor obstacle before the real final boss, I think what they did was fine.

I also appreciate offering multiple theories but I personally enjoy much more the former one.

There's always this Genichiro defense squad on these threads but they're trying to make him seem like a paper tiger in the game too, he's most definitely one of my favorite bosses in any Souls-game and personally I think it's one of the better designed bosses too entirely thanks to how his difficulty takes a complete 180 degrees as you get better in the game, but come the fuck on.

what is this

>Sekiro was my first From Software game (and still is for now)
zoomshit

Attached: 1493665704132.jpg (675x534, 88K)

The burning estate is accessible early, but is optional. I went there before even fighting Gyoubu and got all the way to Lady Butterfly before getting my ass handed to me. (Mostly because I didn't understand how parry fully worked yet). If anything, the Shinobi Hunter gave me more issues than Drunkard.
After beating the first Genichiro fight, I beat Madame Butterfly first re-attempt.

I think people struggle with her and many other bosses in fact because they're playing too defensive. With Butterfly you can pressure her the whole fight and simply be ready to deflect after she defects once then start it again. Also her perilous attacks are the best windows to hit her for big damage outside of hitting her out of the air with your shuriken.

beat all the souls games but sekiro was too hard. i got to the old lady, tried for like half an hour and quit, there's just no way i can ever beat that boss. it's just too fast, you have to have a certain level of reaction time and i don't have it. same reason i don't like fighting games really, they're too fast. for once i'm with the homo journos in that i think the game should have had an easy mode

Read the thread user, there's a shitload of tips people have shared here.
But if you can't beat her, there's always the option of coming back later.
Think of Hirata like the skeleton graveyard in ds1

That's because she's the optional, early hard route boss that every Miyazaki game has. The exact same thing happened with the graveyard skeletons with DS and Heide's Tower of Flame in DS2. These areas are just as easy to wonder into as the intended direction and people get wrecked for it.

truth. I stood my ground to the bull first time. I'm not sure how the fuck I did it, but I just deflected everything, endured the fire, and stomped the fuck out of it.

nonsense, he's ez af if you're not a retard and you kill all his mates before you pick on him.
Also one of his health bars can be cheesed if you really suck balls.
I died once of him, and it was 100% me being stupid.
Genichiro is the hardest boss cause he's a skill check, nobody will kill Genichiro first try, nobody.
And I'd say Sword Saint is right behind, his phase 3 being a serious pain in the ass until you git gud (phase 4 is actually easier because lightining is ez damage)

Go do other shit and level up?
You literally find the item to warp to the Madame Butterfly route on the way through the main intended route. What is the mentality people have when they hit a wall that is clearly optional and just give up entirely?

Just repeated themes of the game.
There's other mentions to missing arms throughout the game.

Because you keep trying to mikiri the sweep attack and jumping over the thrust attack.

Master-level Fact: the hardest boss in Sekiro is The Divine Dragon because of its RNG on the lightning bolts

He's only hard if you go full retard mode and fight him before taking out the mobs, just kill them all, wait for him to deaggro, sneak attack twice then summon the guy to help you kill.

>since he must be guarding something good
Isn't he guarding mist raven feathers?

I just jumped off the cliff into the ravine and he ended up dying lmfao

Geniichiro is my favorite boss in the series.

Yeah the granny can kick ass. Specially with that ghost bullshit.

You're a bitch. Genichiro is a bitch and is easily defeated. OP's selection is harder than Genichiro.

one of the 2 bosses where snap seeds are useful is encountered while you have only 6 snap seeds max
hilarious

>liking a jobber
Yikes bro....

Attached: 1581540278745.png (419x429, 133K)

I never understood that shit
What's the fucking point of giving us ONE snap seed?
Like, these things aren't even farmable

They're not all that useful in that fight anyway, just run around. At least with corrupted monk you can hurt her with them

later on you get infinite supplies of them
course that's after you defeat true monk at which point if you don't encounter any enemies that need it

hit and run tactics
keep moving and dont ever fucking stop
see an opening and take it
then headless ape just deflect his sword.
much easier than the first ape imo

Attached: 1564446173145.png (1080x1121, 1.1M)

It’s technically undead. It just looks pretty. Every enemy (except the great carp) in the fountainhead is basically a demon/from of the corruption.

Fuck you. Have to pretend it's not incest just to read good material.

There's no other boss that really has a history with you besides him, and is willing to do a straight up honorabru fight (except maybe Isshin) in the series.

>just won against corrupted monk (fake)
holy shit i suck so much, but it was rewarding
now to collect a fuckton of items

Thanks for the thread

Attached: sample-ce029ebfb625cb9bea058559b734517a (1).jpg (850x1202, 92K)

Don't forget there is a secret pathway into that large mansion near the monk fight.
You'll meet someone quite interesting inside...

Should I do Abandoned Dungeon/Early Senpou before or after Genichiro? I kinda wanna git a bit gudder first, even though I’m confident in my deflect game and all. He’s the big rival after all.

You sound like you want to fight him, so give it a shot. There's no reason to put it off. And it feels more immersive to go to the latter places after you know why you're going.

I burned up my first and only one thinking that LB's gimmick would be just fighting her first phase over and over again until you broke the illusion with the snapseed then you fight the real one