Seventeen days until GOTY

Seventeen days until GOTY.

Attached: DOOMEternal_boxart.jpg (2048x1152, 404K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Uqv8bR-3s1U
youtube.com/watch?v=mtvHGrPyJw8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I have one problem with this game: it's not DOOM.
I don't mean it as in, it's a bad game or anything, i just mean it's extremely obvious the team wanted to make a FPS that sorta felt a bit like DOOM, but radically branched off in terms of core systems and execution into something that isn't DOOM.
It's just not DOOM, it's some other FPS that is interesting in it's own right but is using the DOOM IP to sell more than it would otherwise.
I'd like an alternate universe where these games were their own, new IP instead of using an old IP mostly just borrowing aestetic elements from it and little more.

Just finished 2016. The cliffhanger ending triggered me so they better explain this shit in eternal. I might 100% the game just because I enjoyed it so much later but for now I'm gonna take a break. It's been 4 days of non-stop doom and I don't wanna burn myself out before eternal

>Enjoyed
>Doom 2016
How do you live with yourself?

user there is no template for what a doom game is. The only thing they all have in common is that you kill demons with guns with high energy music playing in the background.

I really can't wait any longer, the hype is real.

The main thing with Doom games is that they’re fun and replayable, and do as much as they can to prevent it from becoming a slog.
By this criteria, Doom 3, 2016 and Eternal are not Doom games in the slightest.

how do YOU live with yourself. being so bitter and hateful constantly, i bet you dont even have fun with games that arent nostalgic to you anymore because youre so elitist about every detail

What are the chances that the Multiplayer will be good? I enjoyed 2016's multiplayer more than Quake Champions but still thought it was boring overall.
This is the only thing that will decide if I buy it or not because the singleplayer itself is only worth a pirate.

I do not like level design, it looks like painkiller remake. UAC was brilliant, this is, I do not like to say generic, but it is a generic metal album cover art style.

watch a demo of it, asymmetrical MP, can play as demons

>do as much as they can to prevent it from becoming a slog

Have you played doom 2?

Lmao seething NuZoom nigger trying to cope with his inferior product that caters to Gen Z degenerate Jew commies
Brb gonna get a burger and boot up Final Doomer and Ancient Aliens.

>because youre so elitist about every detail
that's not being elitist it's being autist.

ok bye

That "criteria" is entirely subjective though. It's like saying weed is shit and meth is amazing despite them both getting you high. And doom 2016 does plenty to make replays less monotonous. There are plenty of secrets you likely missed on your first run through that you can search for in your second run. And what about those rune upgrade challenges you didn't finish? And the weapon mastery challenges? And what about trying a different set up of mods/runes to change gameplay? And what about arcade mode? And what about those classic maps?
You sound silly

Yes, the levels are fantastically varied, and, while not quite on the godlike level of 1, retain replayability to this day. The same cannot be said for the endless corridors of Doom 3 or the repetitive hallway-arena-hallway-arena of 2016 and Eternal.

>Tfw
>Half life vr is actually good
>Tfw it will steal doom eternal thunder
>Tfw it will be revolutionary
COPE SOME MORE POORFAGS HAHAHHAHAHHA YOUR ALL PROVEN WRONG>

>main thing with doom games is that they're exactly how I want them to be AKA like Doom 2/Ultimate Doom
>therefor they aren't Doom

except nobody would know if it's good or not because nobody got VR set.

I'm so hyped™ for Doom™ Eternal™, bros™.

Honestly it looks fun to me personally. There are several demons all with their own abilities. The maps were designed specifically for the multiplayer. It looks like there's genuine strategy involved. It'll also likely last long too since games literally only have 3 people in each one so you dont have to wait forever for a full lobby

Wondering same bout these cats.
They must have 50 IQ to be able to finish such mindless one button games.

Shooters can be good, but at least they need some complexity and story. Like MW2.

> nobody got VR set.
Aka you are a poorfag.
Seeing the gameplay and interactivity of half life alyx I am sorry to say but half life vr is the one being guaranteed game of the year.

Well does 2016 have the original musics?

>Aka you are a poorfag.
aka nobody fucking cares enough to spend $400 on a thing to sit on a shelf.

?? Like does 2016 have an original soundtrack? Yes it does. Or are you wondering if it has older style music? Because it has that too on the secret classic maps you can unlock

what for?

Attached: 4ezIzWF copy copy.jpg (860x1316, 188K)

This. These modern doom games could never live up to old school COD never mind old school doom.

No i meant music from the original doom game thats what made it iconic

>new doom bad because the mechanics are bad
>proceeds to play doom 1 and 2 just circle strafing for 20 hours

At least wait for someone to cry over it before posting the image.

Attached: 1548365720759.jpg (640x295, 65K)

why would a new game have the music from an older game?

>doom 2
>fantastic levels
You are so blinded by nostalgia that you could legally qualify as disabled. Doom 2 got the GAMEPLAY formula nailed down but literally half the levels were rushed out the door by 1 guy. Plutonia has much better levels, and does much more with the monster variety.

Do not insult Doom by using Doomguy’s pic to shill for Zoom.

Well I'm not sure if it's 1 to 1 or if it's remixed because honestly I couldn't tell the difference but the music in the classic maps sounds like the old stuff. It's good. Made me nostalgic playing through those classic maps. But yeah it's not present throughout the entire campaign but I mean what do you expect? Them to rehash the same thing over and over?

stop shilling Doom 1993

>N nobody cares
COPE

>old school COD
A copy of MoH AA? sure.

youtu.be/Uqv8bR-3s1U
Here's a video of the levels for reference. Im pretty sure it actually is the original music. Sounds the same to me.

Remake.

RE2make had the original music available. Smart devs.

The game’s quality shills itself. Meanwhile, NuZoomerfaggot requires a legion of shills marching on the borders of every social media site and laying siege to regular discourse about the good doom games.

>with high energy music playing in the background
Doom 3 didn't even get that right

You're right, it's not DOOM. It's Quake with Doom monsters.

Attached: slayers testaments meathook.webm (640x360, 2.92M)

Doom 2016 and Eternal are not a remakes though

If the old Doom is so good, what are you scared of?

Daily reminder you doom trannies have been wrong about half life vr being bad.

Attached: Zmx4X.jpg (960x720, 83K)

No one but nostalgia blind boomer still care about it, only reason it's talk about is because a better game (doom 2016) is tangentially related to it

I’m not scared of anything, I’m just tired of you faggot shills coming into these threads and derailing discussion about the real Doom games to shitpost about your half-assed clones.

This is a Doom Eternal thread

I mean doom 3 had a few upbeat songs

>dash your face to platform tier platforming
>shitty metroidvania elements
Yikes. Why can't it be a linear fps without rpg elements and HUB

nu-doom was awful and this will be even worse. You’re a retard and fuck you for promoting this shit. You’re probably a legit shill so please kill yourself

Nope this is OUR thread now

Why does this game make Yea Forums seethe? 2016 was excellent and this looks even better

Maybe when you can get over a knee high wall lmao

contrarians because the game is popular

>metroidvania elements
What did he mean by this?
>rpg elements
You can completely ignore them though.
"But it makes the game harder"
Then stop being a casual shitter and git gud

you say that as if that's a bad thing

literally every game makes Yea Forums seethe, no one actually likes video games here

I'm absolutely not. The gameplay of Quake but with the absolute perfection that is Doom's monster roster? It's like putting peanut butter and jelly together.

>what
Stop pretend to be retarded
>git gud
>fromdrones excuse
Get out

Probably just assmad weebs crying over the fact that their shitty Nioh 2 and Animal Crossing are about to bomb because of this game.

Do zoomers actually like their modern excuses for games? Pathetic. Gaming used to be the past time of gods and now it's all made for children with no attention span.

Seems to be taking a lot of the fun things from unreal tournament as well, like secondary fires and dodging

after you

>nooo you can't make me press 2 buttons in a menu nooo I'm melting! melting!!
The state of Yea Forums

wow user ur so cynical and cool

Yeah. It's like an amalgamation of all the best parts of arena and/or boomer shooters.

People like you are why black people are a thing.

Animal Crossing has a 0% chance of bombing, it's a Nintendo game in a series that gets constant sales, much long after the initial launch window.
New Leaf's sales were insane, I'm not gonna be surprised if this does even better.
I don't give a single shit about AC, but to say it'll bomb is retarded, it's the casual market, there's not much overlap between the 2 series despite all the fanart.
I forgot Nioh 2 was even happening, I thought it was out already.

it's only 10 days until Nioh 2 is out though

THIS GAME IS FUUUUUCKING SHIIIIIIIIIIT

Pic unrelated

Is this really the best you can do?

Attached: 1582973354175.jpg (640x640, 42K)

Who cares? Its an alternate take on Doom. Its why Doom 2016 was called DOOM and not Doom 4. Classic Doom still exists and will always exist through community-made content.

Just curious, what is your take on spin-offs? They exist to give smaller game ideas a chance through brand recognition. A lot of games probably wouldn't have even been made if it didn't have a recognizable name in its title.

I can't wait!!!

Attached: 8C8417D2-F15D-47EA-9457-9EF5985C6A3A.jpg (926x1500, 247K)

Only game of the year.

I need it Yea Forumsros
the relentless seethe in these threads is only making the wait harder

jeez, do you take pills for that?

Attached: goosekk.gif (190x190, 1.98M)

what are some other games like doom 2016/eternal? By that I mean a game where the enemies you face are typically monsters that attack you with melee and projectile attacks that can be avoided thanks to your mobility. aside from metroid prime.

>mindless one button games
you mean doom 1 and 2?

Attached: kekdee.gif (320x240, 1.89M)

painkiller serious sam old doom

DOOM 64 IS EPIC GUYS WOOHOOO!!!!!!
youtube.com/watch?v=mtvHGrPyJw8

just curious, how would you go about making DOOM in spirit of the originals?

why would the game awards happen in fucking march

you seem to have problems, is your life okay?

>implying this 'new' doom won't be the same game